Is KyoAni vs Shaft an actual thing that japanese otaku argue about or is it just a stupid Sup Forums meme?

is KyoAni vs Shaft an actual thing that japanese otaku argue about or is it just a stupid Sup Forums meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

kampuzz.com/courses/detail/71140-shaft-animation-studio-diploma-in-graphic-designing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not even Sup Forums argues about SHAFT v KyoAni anymore, that was only back in 2009.

Not really a contest any more is it.

You've never browsed a 3-gatsu thread before, haven't you?

kampuzz.com/courses/detail/71140-shaft-animation-studio-diploma-in-graphic-designing

Shaft outsources, or fully produces shows, in India.

POO

KyoAni won.

IRC isn't Sup Forums

Shaft is mainly known for rushing during broadcast and KyoAni is more consistent. Shaft however has had more recent blockbusters I think than KyoAni.

>an actual thing that japanese otaku argue about
How the fuck does a bunch of Japanese virgins online arguing about something make it an "actual thing" any more than a bunch of Western virgins online arguing about something?

IN

When those two studios were in their prime, yes it was a great discussion.

Since the early '10s, both studios have stalled out and haven't put out an anime production of note. KyoAni's biggest since then was Free! and SHAFT has Madoka.

Maybe if Monogatari goes back to the same format that Bake had instead of the half-baked shit in the Kizu movies, and KyoAni stops making pointless fluff we could have studio wars again.

How the fuck was Free their biggest? Who the fuck talks about Free here?

>Maybe if Monogatari goes back to the same format that Bake had instead of the half-baked shit in the Kizu movies
What did you mean by this? Kizu is the first one since Bake with significant effort put into it. If you didn't know, Oishi directed both of those while the others are stuck with the B-rate directors.

Free! probably made them the most $$$$$ recently. Shaft on the other hand has had Monogatari at least but ugh, Monogatari.

It's a stupid Sup Forums meme, anime studio wars don't make sense.

>ugh
typical EOP reply

Only 2, though there's a lot of stat padding with all the hundreds of bake monogatari seasons.

>B-rate directors
first of all, it's just been Itamura
secondly, Itamura > Oishi
bake was subpar to everything that came after, and now kizu is so different doesn't even feel like it's even part of the same franchise

that people argue kyoanus vs shaft is just bakas
they're completely different and after different things
that said, neither has ever made a bad show, and both as toppest as you can get
quit saying dumb shit and learn to enjoy things you idiots

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's basically just Monogatari keeping Shaft relevant for people while the other series they do are middling at best.

>neither has ever made a bad show

I hate SHAFT with passion but I even I admit Bake is much better than the other seasons, direction is tighter and all the retarded editing and close ups do feel like they serve a purpose.

Can't say the same about the rest of the series.

remember when you posted this as a thread on the 12th of august and you got one reply that said "this will be the only reply"
that was my post

I have no idea what you're talking about, I saved that webm. I like to save shit webms from bad shows for QUALITY threads.

remember when you posted this as a thread two days ago and the final reply called you a fag
that was my post

You know you can just look at the filename, last time that particular copy of the webm was posted was a week ago in a visual direction thread.

Like, seriously, that's impressive (for the Indians).

This was never posted as a thread, I just went and checked

That's just some completely unrelated company with the same name.

trolled hard

Shaft does stuff like SZS and Hidamari.

Voynich Hotel when?

Never fucking ever.

>B-rate
Not even. Itamura is total garbage.

What is there to argue about, Kyoani is better.

>67676
nice
ending this thread though

wait

>It turned out that Free! became accepted, fujoshit thought they had rights and Naruto was allowed to be discussed in situations where moot was not nuking the board with his bullshit
I wish I had drowned back then,

>drowned
Heh