Should we ban SSRIs?

Should we ban SSRIs?

Other urls found in this thread:

wnd.com/2012/12/psych-meds-linked-to-90-of-school-shootings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been off my lexapro for the whole weekend because I forgot to call my doctor for a refill. The fucking brain zaps are killing me.

Why the fuck are americans constantly on some sort of medication? Honestly, from an Eastern Euro perspective shit is fucking weird. You're not some old men for fuck's sake, young adults are supposed to be healthy.

They're a cash cow and medical budgets are down, a better alternative isn't coming.

treating the symptom not the disease

The civilized world discontinued 1st generation ssri's after all the suicides.

If americans are still being prescribed Prozac then im fucking shocked desu

Retarded parents drug their kids up rather than disciplining them.

they do both

You really shouldn't go off of it cold turkey like that, it's dangerous. I agree, brain zaps suck, but there are more dangerous effects from going off of it like that.

Sertralin killed my young years, they're only used by the medicinal industri to make bank.

Then we'd have to fix society, fuck that. It's no secret that drug dependency is directly related to the lack of social security in a person's life.

I just do molly :/, getting a new dose tomorrow.

Makes me feel good.

how did they effect you?

I'd be grateful if you could come up with a CURE for OCD. Nobody has, and the best thing you we do right now is treat the symptoms with medication and behavioral therapy.

Anyone who willingly seeks such "medication" out should be locked up from society. That someone would willingly ingest literal bluepills is a telling litmus test

are you mad? school shooting by white men in USA would drop by 90% and kikes would have to find a new excuse for gun control

I was put on it as a teenage but as I got older and sorted myself out and cleaned my room I no longer felt I needed them and they were making me drowsy.

Nootropics, healthy diet, herbal extracts, exercise

I nearly went blind after 100 mg. I couldn't ejaculate, and it dryed out my body to the point i didnt produce saliva.

I've been on Zoloft for anxiety for 2 months. The first week was awful as I couldn't do anything. I don't really feel much anxiety nowadays however I do enjoy me some weed as well.

I used to have OCD about always checking the stove, heater and electrical plugs. Them my house burned down and it was cured.

I really want to try MDMA with a good therapist.

ban taking placebos? Pointless.
Ban the selling of placebos? Silly.
Enforce existing drug control laws and don't allow placebos on the market.

How can you actually prove ssris fight depression? Collecting (and cherrypicking) the personal anecdotes of hundreds of self-identified crazy people? That's not science.

The fuck else am i supposed to take you dumb faggot. Everything in the u.s. is illegal but shit-ass alcohol and cigs.

Real fucking sick of you faggot ass leafs.

REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL Fucking sick

I take 75mg of wellbutrin and i dont even know if it's fucking working, i still wanna use drugs but they're all ILLEGAL.

God man leafs should be banned off this fucking site, god damn sacks of nigger lovers.

I cant even stay at my job if i use illegal shit and alcohol gives me migraines. Also *HURRR DERRPPY WORK-OUT* I work out you fucking cock sucking retard and guess what? GUESS FUCKING WHAT? It literally does nothing for your mental health but give you better confidence in your body.

Legit need a bullet, dumb bitch or give me some fucking meth so i can rip your nutsack off and wear it as a mask as i curb stomp your little faggot ass leaf head in. Got me you niggerloving cia faggot?

>should be locked up from society.
this is literally the Sup Forums version of virtue signalling.
>look at me, i'm so authoritarian and edgy please accept me
Just fucking stop.

I have a packet of Zoloft 200mg tablets next to me. Was scripted to me for neuropathic pain but it's a bit of a copout so I never took it, but I'm hopelessly depressed and almost ready to bite the bullet. I can't fucking go on like this.

I get it from an old friend, I usually don't say do drugs but man it made me feel happy for a time when I never feeling anything, when I do feel I feel sadness.

Do it, if you REALLY need it.

Yeah Zoloft gave me insane depression the first couple of weeks, it then leveled out to a light depression overtime. These SSRIs are really hit or miss

For the Swede and anyone else who wants a quick cop out of euphoria and legitimate happiness.

MDMA one dose (good for a starter/beginner) will change your outlook, it's great if you're messages/snapping your friends/girls.

It's great if you're feeling like shit and just wanna FINE for at least 2 hours. It's great if you wanna go out and party, maybe get laid it makes your social anxiety go away and gives you great confidence.

ONLY DO IT IF IT'S YOUR LAST RESORT, DOING DRUGS WHILE YOU'RE FINE AND MODERATELY HAPPY IS A WASTE!

>this post
You're mentally unstable and should be locked up. All you go on about is drugs this, drugs that, instead of hitting the gym and fixing the root of the problem. But you can't fix degeneracy easily, if at all - you should be aiming for being 100% sober, not getting your hands on any substance in your reach. Useless trash, that's what you are.
>goes out of their way to put substances into their body
>wants to be taken seriously be society
Pick one. I'm not "virtue signaling" anything, whatever that means.

Sorry for bad spelling, I haven't been sleep in about 16 hours.

>You're mentally unstable and should be locked up.
Didn't even read the rest of your post, you have no empathy and COMPLETELY delusional.

>has pictures of self-destructive trash saved
You too, bud.

Yes. How long has mankind survived without them? So why the fuck do we need them?

Americans take over 90% of these....hmmmmmmm

Go sleep you absolute sad state of a "human".

>be depressed NEET fuck
>start taking prozac
>become happy, get job, get gf
>stop taking prozac
>become depressed again
>drink a lot
>get a DUI
>start a new medication, an SNRI, effexor
>have another night of drinking
>wake up in the hospital handcuffed to the bed
>apparently I tried to assault some people and broke into a car, tried to break into someones house(?) according to the police

SSRI's. Not even once.

I have constant adrenaline surges throughout my body all the time I cant relax, I haven't slept in 47 hours an im on valium and alcohol rn b hut it doesnt work help

Meh, they have helped me with anxiety and depression. There is kind of an art form to getting off ADs and if you're not prepared for what will follow they will fuck you badly and you will end up stuck on them against your will for a long time and your life will suck.

I'm not sad, the people who go out of their way to risk theirs lives and ultimately pay for it are sad. As are the people like yourself who empathize with them, as if they've victims to anything but themselves, and somehow not at fault.
And funny how a supposedly "redpilled" board, which coins terms like "soyboy" and "cuck", has literally daily threads reaching bump limit consisting of posters discussing the myriad of ways to pop pills, and with sincerity.

ditch the drugs and turn yourself into rehab and start again user. Its going to get worse before it gets better. LOOSE YOURSELF.

so you shouldnt have stopped taking it?

I am on a weirdo combo, effexor 75mg (lowest I have tried to reduce it too) and strattera 80mg. Killed my anxiety and made me more carefree in a good way :) Also more motivated.

Retorical quistion is much retorical.

These people have serious problems they want to fix and sometimes these pills help out.

As with this poser < I have terrible anxiety and depression, i'm stopping myself from taking anything too serious. I just take MDMA and it's working out fine.

I've done it two times already and I really, really enjoyed it.
I did it with a close friend in a comfy setting both times.
It's a great psychological tool if you use it the right way.

Sure, wish the best for you buddy :)

Night.

yes holy fuck those things are worse than being addicted to crack they literally break your dick and need to fuck off

i would slam my head against my dresser when i was on fluoxitine. i would draw and write fucked up shit and accidentally leave it in the shared bathroom at my old building, when one of my neihbors slid one of the papers under my door, i read it, heart pounding, and even though i knew i wrote/drew those things, it looked liked somebody else did it, and it looked like it was meant to be as disturbing as possible;
>are you ready for his old cock, girly boy, are you ready
>anal man has been defeated, i must now slay faggot boy
>help me
>i love this, its the glorious melodramatic state i always wanted, little boy with a beard
this was a long time ago and i've moved, but thinking back to it always gives me extreme anxiety

Yes. They’re part of mass MK Ultra programming by (((big pharma))). Literally every single mass shooter has been on or withdrawing from SSRI’s. They can take years to recover from after prolonged use. Get off that fucking poison anons, make sure you’re getting 1k mg magnesium throughout the day, 4K iu D3, and eat only organic and non gmo foods. Intermittitent fasting and get a Berkey water filter if you can afford it.

Likewise. Night, leafy.

Case in point.

don't do shit for my generalized anxiety. I got a cabinet full of shit that doesn't work.

some people are just prone to depression despite what youre saying here user. No one needs mag if they have a good green filled diet and no one needs D3 if they are outside a good bit as they should.

ive got this too user. Effexor after 5 months of going on it was the only thing that helped.

kek

There are millions and millions of Americans that just flat out refuse to exercise and eat healthy. Pills are so much easier

Do you honestly eat healthy and exercise enough?

is mostly ''white'' people taking antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and CNS stimulants, and birth control. Non-whites abuse opiates instead

sounds like you fucked up by drinking, not the drugs.

Could I assume you're an alcoholic?

Been on 60mg of prozac daily for a while now, and I've recently cut it down to 20mg

I hope to soon be off it completely in the coming weeks

lol you can assume, but it would be totally incorrect. Been a pioneer all my life.

I'd be on Russian Heroin myself if I had to live in the US. You live in a non-retarded country m80

drinking makes anxiety worse.

check for yourself the total industry value in the Billions. it's mind-boggling. thus, it is a scam. you will see a lot of US flags, provided they're not flaggots, asking why MJ is illegal, or Kratom is being banned. some people get so pissed/frustrated they uproot and leave entirely ... sometimes they make their own exit point off the planet

continued from the drawings were competent and perhaps now they may not be so disturbing compared to some of the things on rule34.net but they were not drawn to arouse, but rather to shock, deformed human-like beings getting raped by tentacles, realistically drawn seapee, a whole page covered in crosses next to inverted crosses, repeated lines like
>boyhole boyhole boyhole
>welcome to my home welcome to my home
>come follow come follow come follow come follow
i have a diagnosis for schizophrenia now, and stay away from caffine, alc, drugs of any kind, the positive symptoms are nil, but im still isolated and dysfunctional. its obvious my symptoms were being exacerbated severely by prozac

we need to go back to smoking opium desu

Been on Sertraline 50mg for 2 months now. it might well be a placebo, but I tell you what I feel fuckload more relaxed and less anxious than I can remember ever feeling before

Most popular antidepressants dispensed in burgerland are as follows:
Sertraline 50mg, Sertraline 100mg, Citalopram 20, Citalopram 40, Escitalopram 10, Escitalopram 20, Fluoxetine 20, and Fluoxetine 40mg

HA!

how's the withdrawals going with effexor?

Never stopped it, but if I do be late with the dosage, its disorienting to say the least...

youre retarded most countries still use them including britain

fuck big pharma

oh and I just reduced it slowly and I felt nothing.

kill yourself

Zoloft is sertraline, right?

The insomnia was the killer for me, plus I got super afraid of never being able to get erections again because I stupidly read a forum about that subject.

After a fw weeks it balanced out. I'm still sleeping lightly and getting crappy rest, but I'm not panicking all day anymore and my reduced libido means I only wank 1/week now and actually feels good rather than daily and it being practically a chore.

this will sound abstract, but borrow a bicycle, go somewhere safe/take someone along, ride till it all makes sense. don't look for immediate gratification. do it regularly. it changed my life

yes I do. because I've been desperate for 15 years to stop this fucking anxiety I have.

Have you ever seen american television? Every other advertisement is for another fucking prescription pill. The shit is so vague and at the end they tell people to ask their doctors to prescribe them. It's an industry, and doctors are paid to sell them.

Because Americans are fucking stupid.

heard effexor is the hardest to come off of, careful with that shit.

try long term meditation? I went to thailand to a monastery for a month with a thai friend and it helped me immensely. Give it a go. There might be local buddhist near you that offer the service.

this

"Anti-depressant" drugs are simply a gutter to catch the rejects of society and nature who don't have any drive in themselves.

Instead of taking bluepills you should be risking your life in rebellion. The reason society is so completely fucked up is that people are whining retards that take the first way out of their pain instead of reflecting on it and using it to better the world.

I have confidence I can come off it. Id split open the capsule and take out the beads to dial down the dosage. No plans to come off it now anyway until I am sorted in life.

>implying Ausfags aren't hooked as well

fuck off

Certainly there's nothing sicker you could possibly do in this world than slowly kill off and madden people who seek help for their depression? Makes the saw guy seem like someone I could hang with now and then.

t. lower average life expectancy than usa

I've tried it..

I'm stuck living in the noisy ass city where people are just crammed together like rats. makes it moot for me.

hopefully if I ever make enough money I can move out into the country.

wnd.com/2012/12/psych-meds-linked-to-90-of-school-shootings/

The other 10% probably got it from their dealer/grannys bathroom

My main issue with SSRIs is the way they are prescribed - there's no motivation for the prescriber to help you get off of them, and a lot of motivation for them to up your dosage.

Two years ago, my untreated depression got so bad that I wouldn't leave my room, would burst into treats if I looked another human in the eye, I had reward processing disorder and couldn't complete simple tasks, and I was 15 pounds underweight.

When things get that bad, you really need something that treats the symptoms before you're even able to address the root cause.

Do you know how sick people with real mental health problems are with bullshit suggestions like this?

Meditation is for mommy bloggers

you may not be religious but go join a buddhist practise for a few months. It does help. I am not religious at all but i find it calming.

I also don't like the fact that nurses and gp's can prescribe them. I don't think they're qualified to make decisions on the subject.

I am not suggesting it works for everyone but it works for a lot of borderline cases where youre not naturally fucked up but on the edge. Most people are edge cases when it comes to depression.

Yeah, I take luvox to treat my OCD. It is the only thing that has worked unfortunately. It doesn't work anywhere near 100%, more like 30%, but that at least gets me somewhat productive.

I see a lot of people with OCD who have OCD about taking medication. They never end up taking it and their lives are complete shit.

SSRIs have a lot of side-effects and don't provide much of a cure, but they are an unfortunate necessity for many people to deal the illnesses created by modern life.

If sitting quietly fixes your depression, you never had a real mental disorder

We need them now due to the fact that the modern world has changed faster than humans can evolve and hence it has created mental illness.

To everyone's point here, though, the effects of SSRIs are such that they really should not be viewed as a viable permanent solution.

When I was taking Zoloft, I had no sex drive and barely any emotions to speak of. When I finally got off of medication - despite that I was tapering my dosage under my psychologist's supervision - it felt like I had the emotional maturity of a toddler, grappling with completely unfamiliar feelings for the first time in almost two years.

I dont think this conversation will be productive.

I just want to make sure you know your advice is like telling someone with a broken leg to "walk it off". It's ridiculous and condescending.

true. the hidden emotions come back and hit you like a tidal wave. A lot of times people relapse because of it and opt to go back on the pills.