ITT: Shows you were hyped for, but were disappointed after finishing

ITT: Shows you were hyped for, but were disappointed after finishing.

all triggershit and kyoanus

please don't remind me of this anime ever again
I mostly agree, especially about the latter

>please don't remind me of this anime ever again
Don't worry, few people remember it now, even though it aired this year.

In recent memory:

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Space Patrol Luluco
Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Mob Psycho 100
Hibike! Euphonium
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Rolling Girls
Cinderella Girls
Terror in Resonance

I think that's it?

Digimon Adventure Tri.

First 2 parts ARE FUCKING NOTHING.

I can understand most of your picks, but why Hibike! and why Rakugo?

>Rolling Girls
Burn, WIT, burn.

Just felt they didn't deliver on certain things I had expected. Stupid writing, largely bland visuals, so on and so forth. Not without their good parts but "disappointing" is the first word I'd choose to describe them.

I'm still hurting from Rolling Girls, man.

Someone who says he was hyped at some point by Rakugo is an obvious shitposter.

That show literally came out of nowhere, it hadn't anyone noteworthy in the staff expect the voice actors and only got its relative popularity due to word of mouth.

I got hyped up after the brilliant first episode. Then got disappointed further through.

Fuck you I shilled Rakugo so hard
>no notable staff
I've been following Omata for a while, was excited because of him + apparently decent source

What is Kiznaiver?
What is Bungou Stray Dogs?
What is 91 Days?

Joker Game is kino compared to the abovementioned shitshows.

Sup Forums hyped Rakugo in AOTS etc threads, rightfully so because it's excellent. user just has shit taste.

S1 was the second biggest disappointment I've ever watched, although S2 has picked the pace up quite significantly.
Although, even this pales in the face of...

This putrid garbage. Everyone who was responsible for this needs to be put in solitary for life for crimes against humanity.

>having high expectations for Kiznaiver
user, please.

How was it excellent? I really don't see it.

I don't even recognise this show.

Garo: Guren no Tsuki.

Do you even theatre?

Fuck you, the music suckered me in. It just wasn't enough to save it from being absolutely ass.

No I don't, like most people.

>What is Bungou Stray Dogs?
I never had any expectations for it and just enjoy it for what it is.

Nice

Speak for yourself and yourself only, will you.

Yuru yuri S3

Chinkshit didn't work out so well

Great visual wasted on bad story telling.
At least It sold like hotcakes.

You think most people regularly go see or are knowledgeable about live theatre? I only play the "most people" card to excuse my own ignorance, by the way, not saying anything about you if that's what you thought. Don't see how it's relevant either way.

Joker Game was kind of cool though.

This on the other hand.

I was pretty hyped for some Battery but the plot was weird and the characters were unlikeable

Can middle highschoolers be really this ripped?

>Great visual wasted on bad story telling.
>Great visual
>this strong sameface and the same overused brown politra for historical shows that makes it even harder to distinguish cloned characters between each other
>Great

Absolute garbage.

I have no idea how anyone could think this shit is sad or even cry.

The backgrounds were great.

I don't know. There was no build-up for their relationship, hence it felt so hollow and meh. The heart reveal was surprising though.

I thought it had great humour.
The chair scene is still my favourite.
I'm sad the likable cast and jokes were wasted on cheap melodrama and rushed storytelling.

Angel Beats! should have stayed a comedy.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of anime and this has got to be number one for annoying and unlikable characters.

Is it supposed to be bait? We've discussed about this topic million times.
Please look at my pic. That's how military parade looks like IRL.

This anime trying to portray military & spy agency realistically. In the Spy world the more you look like ordinary people the better.
It's not James Bond movie, for god's sake.

IG doing it on purpose. In fact, their research abut history and shit were well done.

>First 2 parts ARE FUCKING NOTHING
This

Durarara!

I went in because I was told it was from the same creator of Baccano! so I expected it to be really enjoyable. Dragged myself through 2 and a half seasons to understand that it was shit to me.

On your photo: different eyes, different noses, different brows, different size of foreheads and shins. Stop apologizing their laziness.

>On your photo: different eyes, different noses, different brows, different size of foreheads and shins.
What do you expect, Nigger? They're not clones.

And the ones in Joker Game apparently are.
Did you forget the point of arguing already, retard?

I was expecting the guy played by Seki to be the main character instead of being episodic or jumping around main characters. I thought it was a little disappointing and never got around to finishing it. At least it had good visuals and ost by Kenji Kawai.

>And the ones in Joker Game apparently are.
If you actually bothered looking at OP's pic you'd notice that the agents have about as much if not more distinct features than the soldiers in the other user's pic.
The bigger issue is that the agents don't actually have personalities. They all act the exact same way, which makes their differences in appearance meaningless when they might as well be all the same person but in different disguises.

This. The only scene that got to me is the MC's death, but even that's only because the MC is a pretty cool guy who donates organs and doesn't afraid of anything, so the strongest feeling it got from me was 'rather disheartened.' I'm amased that people cry at an anime that can't come up with a better ending than 'let me be a reaper too!' 'lol fuck off'.

What a clusterfuck.

Biggest disappointment I can think of.

Why?

Rakugo

First half is just a rehash of the ONAs with neutered direction.
Second half is a clusterfuck on the writing and animation department (who can forget the infodump walk of QUALITY?).

It legit feels like it had aired ages ago. There's no discussion, no reaction images nor any other trace of it here.

No Ken-sama copypasta either.