Was he the villain?

Was he the villain?

He was the hero Sup Forums's been yearning for.

No, just an asshole.

Originally. Though, by the end of the series, even he admits that Mikado has surpassed him and become the new big bad of the series.

Yes

He's just a butthurt and now crippled asshole.

He was a shit MC.

He was a great MC and seeing him slowly slip into the role of the villain made following the show all the way worth it.

He never really became a villain, or not as much as the show wanted us to believe.

At his worst, he tried to kill himself with some pen gun whilst spouting some drivel. Whereas Izaya's hobbies included prompting teenage girls to commit suicide, manipulating several gangs and paranormal entities to fight each other, and playing fetch with a head.
Even kida ordered hits on people, Makido just pretended to be tough and let Aoba do all the work.

Yeah, if the series was trying to make Mikado seem like the villain, they did a horrible job at it.

Shizuo best boy.

>crippled

please spoil this for me

Shizuo hits him like a baseball with a steel beam and then beats him near to death, with only Simon stepping in to save him.

He just wanted some hot pot with friends
He deserved getting nearly killed though

>villain
>MC

Those were Nasajima and Celty respectively.

>Izaya
>manipulating
He just started shit and let things run off their course naturally as he watched. He kept saying it was all according to his plans, but even Celty saw through his bullshit.

A little bit, yeah.

Aka best boy.

I just want him to be happy. Namie returning from America to soothe him never

If you think this show has "protagonists" or "villains", you're watching it wrong.

You should just make a IzaNamie doujin, Yasuda.

>You will never be as loved as Shinra and Celty are
>You will never have that many friends for a hot pot party

I remember thinking for awhile there that they might adopt Anri or at least let her stay with them.