What is the real definition of race?

On a test soon I have to define race as “A social construct that artificially divides people into distinct groups based on a loose classifications of physical characteristics”. How would you define it? My professor also said that "there is no genetic basis for race" and that "There is more genetic variation WITHIN races". Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2594139/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I should add that this class is pure cringe -- and I'm required to take
It. It's basically Cultural Marxism 101. If race isn't real then why does she push white guilt

You can classify a persons race from their DNA

>le "race isn't real because some white people are rarely full blown retards and some black people are rarely smart so you have to ignore the general differences and accept the general decline of society with a generally stupider polulace, le stupid goyim"

This is why I didn't even go to college, I can't handle these fucking idiots who will expel me for saying anything against their fucking retarded cancerous bullshit, I'd get kicked out so so fast

(((Professors))) need to fucking hang

Amazingly I've seen multiple people make this same line of reasoning

Do they ever consider that some humans are dumber than some fucking animals?

No doubt there are some dolphins, elephants and whales that are smarter than some humans who are born fucking retarded

That doesn't mean dolphins and shit are fucking human

Fucking leftists are so god damn retarded

Races are literally extended families. Every Japanese person is more related to very other Japanese person than to any Swede. A multitude of physical and mental traits cluster differently in different races.

>pic
Great, I, as an Iranian now am a Eurpopean. How you doing my European brothers?

That's why your professor isn't teaching science, but "art"

Iran literally means Aryan. So yes, welcome

See pic related, #4

4000 years ago that might have been true, but you had to go fuck the arabs. What were you thinking?

So basically, my teacher is full of shit and just uses cherry-picked ‘evidence’ to indoctrinate these college kids into the school of (((cultural marxism)))

An art teacher would argue that "maybe a few genes have gaps in the evolutionary record but on average there is no genetic difference between a white man and a lungfish all humans are ONE LOVE, bix nood.

great

Nothing in particular, there are some hot arab chicks tbqh

Possibly, or he is just brainwashed himself and actually believes all of this.
Either way, you should take the opportunity to educate him on the truth about race.

>"there is no genetic basis for race" and that "There is more genetic variation WITHIN races". Is this true?

It's like saying their is no engineering basis for vehicle types and their is more part variation between models of cars than between ships, road vehicles and aircraft.
Technically true but a useless statement.

You don't add up all the differences between people and say this is an X.
You pick out the key markers and work from that.

Ask you professor if they could take a full gnome workup of someone and correctly give a set of data a race that 99% of people would accept as matching our cultural expectations of race.
Lets say that what makes a person what they are 153 key points, but they carry around 10,000 more or less inactive junk points that mean nothing or are totally common between all life.

Do you say well these 153 are dwarfed by the 10,000 so they don't matter and it's genetically impossible to class someone in a race group?

>My professor
What does he teach?

I would bet most people who say that are art teachers

There is more genetic distance between groups of Africans than between Europeans and Asians. This doesn't mean that groups of genetically similar humans don't exist, and it doesn't mean that any human regardless of their parent's genetics has an equal chance of being born with the genetics of any given group.

Just start talking about white privilege whenever they mention race not existing.
They can't have it both ways.

If there would be no genetic foundation for race, then how can companies like 23andme (to which you should never give your dna) determine all that shit based on the dna you send?
Also if it would be only looks then why do docs have to adjust for race/ethnicity (and gender by the way) when treating a patient with medicine?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2594139/
>It is now well documented that substantial disparities exist in the quality and quantity of medical care received by minority Americans, especially those of African, Asian and Hispanic heritage. In addition, the special needs and responses to pharmaceutical treatment of these groups have been undervalued or ignored. This article reviews the genetic factors that underlie varying responses to medicines observed among different ethnic and racial groups.

Everything is influenced by genes, but they are not the sole factor.

Since the mapping of the human genome, the vast majority of genetic diversity (85 to 95%) occurs within races, and only 7% of diversity occurs between so-called races. This is just scientific fact.

The ''race'' average doesn't say anything about the individual... it's the only important thing to remember. Smart people know this and won't judge a random individual according to his ''group's'' average, but judge him according to his individual capacities. Stupid people can't make that connection and think other people are just like them, so it's just normal for them to only see the danger of putting races in ''IQ boxes'' and emotionally react to it.

>There is more genetic variation WITHIN races

I never understood what this is supposed to mean, if you measure two people with a low genetic distance between them they will be less different than if you measure two people with high genetic distance between them. There are races widely separated from each other in terms of genetic distance, enough for there to be a taxonomic reason to distinguish between the two.

I agree the definition of the cut-off point for definition of what a race is and is not is mostly arbitrary as genetic distance exists at all level, but that doesn't mean that race isn't a real phenomenon.

My professor is a 50 year old unwed dyke who has never had children and teaches Philosophy

>My professor is a 50 year old unwed dyke who has never had children and teaches Philosophy

your teacher is literally a meme

What do you mean

>The ''race'' average doesn't say anything about the individual
I don't get it. Even if all races are genetically identical, if one race commits more crime per capita as another, then that suggests something about an individual. It's obviously not proof, but it's not nothing either. Just like how someone dressed or behaves suggests something about themself. If someone dresses like a hobo it suggests they aren't very wealthy, it's not proof, but it suggests it. Same with race suggesting other characteristics.

>just ignore the fact that a large enough amount of people in one race are retarded enough to force an IQ average 40 points lower than another race!!!

>There is more genetic variation WITHIN races.
Just lol. Why do liberals always need to show their ignorance by repeating an objectively false statement?

Ohh you mean that she's a stereotypical commie professor who hates white men

Yup

Yeah but even white people can clearly see that Bushmen and Pygmies are not the same race as each other or as a Somali or Nigerian. Nobody would confuse them just because they all have black skin

Wouldn't there being "genetic variation within races" support there being racial differences?

subspecies.
They are capable of breeding with other subspecies but have very distinct appearance, intelligence, behaviour and other traits.

>Wouldn't there being "genetic variation within races" support there being racial differences?
Yes. Humans have similar or more genetic distance between different groups of people than animals who have over 10 identified subspecies each very distinct from one another.

The only reason we don't accept subspecies eventhough most people actually easily recognize them, is due to the noble lie that pretends that everyone are exactly the same. When this is complete nonsense, and actually masks all kinds of problems that would be very obvious the reasons for them if you unmasked that noble lie.
Culture is genetically influenced. Which is why you see niggers can turn any place into looking like a shithole in africa when there becomes too many of them there. Because the differences in behaviour etc. are massively genetically oriented.

It's as though white people need a self esteem boost by talking down to black people.... Lol. So pathetic.

We know asians are a subspecies, europeans are a subspecies, africans are a subspecies, south americans are a subspecies this is just naming a few, and ofcourse they are even more intrinsically categorized under each of these.
Europeans are VASTLY different from niggers.
>It's as though white people need a self esteem boost by talking down to black people.... Lol. So pathetic.
Try living around niggers. You have NO IDEA! They are responsible for over half the entire murders in the ENTIRE US. Inspite of being 12-13% of the population.
No it's almost like someone wants to pretend everyone is exactly the same to feel better about themselves.

Around blacks, never relax