So Kazuma got his little harem scheme going for him, even if he keeps consistently fucking it up for himself

So Kazuma got his little harem scheme going for him, even if he keeps consistently fucking it up for himself.
Megameme being the main flirt since she's probably the most "normal" of the main girls.
Which is all good, I like them all.
But let's not forgot that Kazuma and Aqua have a bond much deeper than anyone Kazuma could ever get romantically involved with.
>They both depend on each other, and wouldn't function probably without each other.
>They are basically the same person in different genders
>Even if they keep bashing each other, they still love the other person without conditions
>When Kazuma goes to steal Aegis with Chris, the first thing he thinks of is to steal a gem as a present for Aqua, because he remembers she collects odd rocks
>When Aqua hosts a festival for herself, the first stall she puts up is a japanese fish scooping pond to remind Kazuma of home
best girl thread
Are there better bros in anime?

Aqua is pure

>Are there better bros in anime?
There probably are, but Aqua and Kazuma are pretty fucking cool together. They carry the show

actually Kazuma actively pursues Eris/Chris in the LN

the others are on a "if they make the first move" basis

I like how whenever we get a point of view from Aqua it does pretty much mirror Kazama thought process of her.

"That foolish child needs my help as he can't do anything without me" (Something along those lines.
wheres Kazama's "wait did he just say he would never ever kill only humans humans........"Fuck I better help Aqua as she is a usless goddess"

They will never admit their platonic love for each other.

So Sup Forums what's the reading order for the LN's? I've already finished volume 9 and volume 10 chapter 1. Which side stories should I read first?

Catch up on the LN senpai Megumin already won the kazumabowel in the latest volume.

one could easily falsify a summery

enlighten me dear user

True, neither Aqua nor Kazuma chases the other. Though Kazuma does several times notice that her beauty is nearly unmatched.
But that's what makes their relationship. None of them see the other as potential romantic partner, but they are both dependant and love each other, if not in any romantic ways.

I think the most probable way they would go further with each other is if Kazama, Megumin and Darkness were all more open with each other and married. This would prompt Aqua to say " Why I'm I the only one left out? Marry me too dammit!

But Aqua doesn't give a shit about either sex nor romance. She'd only do it because she felt left out.
She never displays even the slightest hints of jealousy towards his relationships, and sexual matters doesn't bother her one bit.
2nd LN:

>“Nah, let me ask you, can you see really clearly in the dark?”
>Hearing my question, Aqua said with an ‘obviously’ expression.
>“My vision now is no different in broad daylight. What is it?”
>……
>“So when we were sleeping in the stables together, you saw everything?”
>“I didn’t see anything. Because when I hear the sound of fap fap fap, your back was facing me.”
>“… Thank you for your mercy Aqua-sama.”

It's not a summary the latest LN volume was fan translated in the summer. Megumin confesses her love for Kazuma after she kills the woman who taught her how to use Explosion and Kazuma recopirates. Then they awkwardly hug each other in Kazuma's bed for a while. At the end Kazuma says that he guesses Megumin and him are in a relationship now.

That sounds like something she would say. She would never have sex with him though. Just like real marriage.

She won it in the 5th when her own mother practically set her up for drugrape, and took out her father and Darkness.

watch it comically explode

This.
They keep interchanging with each other like this throghout the series.
Even if they aren't always on the same wavelenght, they still think of each other and basically make the same decisions based off different reasons.

Friendly reminder that every single Konosuba is build for bullying.
Every single one except succubi.
Succubus is NOT for bullying.
Succubi is for protection against jealous party members.
There are some things which most be protected at all costs.

I have a feeling that if we ever get to this point in the anime a lot of people are gonna be mad the status quo wasn't kept.

Megumin is NOT for bullying she is for loving.

Half the fanbase is annoyed with it now. But then again, the writer enjoys putting Kazuma in awkward situations, so it probably won't be nailed down completely.

Megumin is for DEDICATED bullying. As is everyone else. Except succubus

Chuunis are for bully. Their very nature is to be bullied. Especially arrogant ones with inflated egos.

>nailed down completely.
I feel that way too, it probably isnt the end, I mean look at oreimo

>not bullying dopey eyes chuuni brats
wew user.. Just.. wew.

Excactly. Besides he will never stop thinking that Darkness is the pinnacle of sex, and he will never stop thinking Eris is "main girl".
I think the Megumin flirt is mainly just fanpleasing, and he'll drop it soon enough. Don't think Konosuba could continue being what it is if Kazuma actually got in a relationship with anyone.

they might've screwed themselves over by having an early victory

not to mention the fanbase is just growing but this IS a comedy as well

I love that they are bros. Not sure if they're really romance material.

It's a comedy above all else. I think they might be shooting themselves in the foot by trying to fanplease via shipping.
But at least the relationship between Aqua and Kazuma is still carrying it. That and Aquas unfiltered hatred towards based Vanir.

even so, THIS IS kazuma's first GF, him being an awkward BF might screw it up, but they're still friends

They wouldn't be, no. It's just their friendship transcends normal relationships, and the interactions they get through that is brilliant.
And for all their banter, it's nice to see that they are literally always thinking about each other.

But in 2D world first GF is also last GF.

its 3d to him

Absolutely. They'll make something up, which will most likely be hilarious, that'll make Megumin call it quits and reset the relationship.
Same as when Darkness asked him to fuck

I'll bully her with my dick.

Megameme is easily the first loli I've actually considered waifuing. She is just too CUTE!

As for the LNs, does the story actually have its serious moments, perhaps even start to chase after the demon lord. Or is it still 99% comedy and still in that starting town.

Won't really mind them fucking. The most I can see them being are sex friends.

>does the story actually have its serious moments
it does, every now and then. But again, it's not a serious story, supposed to leave you in suspence. Most of it is just comedy, and quite good comedy. But yeah, they do have some actual serious and feel moments as well

The only "serious" parts in the recent volumes is Megumin getting depressed because she killed the woman who showed her the explosion spell. She's sad for a while after that but after the aforementioned shit with Kazuma she moves on but she's still a little sad.

If Kazuma wasn't a hikki neet, and had asked her to fuck, I don't think she would've mind. Aqua doesn't seem bothered by sex. Think it's because she's a god and it's not really an important factor to her, but I think she would've indulged.
Even when she's naked and being bullied, she doesn't care about the sexual aspects of the situation.
She only abuses it when she can shame Kazuma into things.

Nah if Kazuma ask her to fuck she'll definitely scream it at the top of her lungs so Megumin and Darkness hear and he gets in trouble with them.

>when Aqua is trying to purify the lake to save the Axis cult, and Hans advances on her
>All her friends run away, but she stays, having her hand literally almost burnt off, terrifyed and crying, refusing to leave
>Kazuma is the first one to realize and run back to her
It was a good scene.

I won't deny it being a damn good comedy series, but I feel like that setting requires there to be some actual heavy stuff happening at various points so that the funny bits don't start losing their edge.

Does what's-his-face show up fairly often? The one that took Aqua's offer but got that sword? Hoping he does only for Kazuma to fuck him over again. Shit was pottery.

No I mean back in the stables before they meat the others. She wouldn't have cared too much

Kazuma's Castle Breakin was Nice.

That volume made you feel Kazuma's depression and anger and then his redemption.

Mate, Kazuma fucking annihilates him a few times after that. He pops up every now and then when he has built up his self esteem, only to get utterly crushed over and over.
>Best MC doesn't give a shit

Yes he shows up when Kazuma is hanging out with the kingdom's princess in the capital and fucks him over a couple of times.

I still think Kazuma is hung up on his childhood friend.

And the novel keeps mentioning Kazuma avoiding the topic of his past trauma that made him become a NEET in the first place.

For example, Eris promised the talking armor she would find a girl to wear him.

And Darkness and Megumin have been pressing Kazuma for answers about his past and origins more often lately.

If Kazuma's childhood friend did NTR Kazuma.

Would it be possible that she somehow accidentally dies while attending Kazuma's funeral?

Aqua also crushes his soul without blinking.
>A-Aqua sama.. I got you this ring. It may not be much but I felt like giving it to you
>[party trick]
>WHERE DID IT GO??!
>I don't know, but thanks for the prop
>... oh..

I understand your though process, but I think it might be a little far fetched for Konosuba. Personally, I can't see it happening. But yeah, there are a few references to the NTR childhood friend, but I think it's more to cement Kazuma's backstory as a NEET, seeing how he is literally Fantasy Australia Hugh Heffner now.

Megumin:
>So Kazuma, what were you like in your old nation
>Hmm.. Well. I defended my friends from hoards of monsters. I was known as The One That Doesn't Sleep. I was quite famous in my guild
>Wow, you were a big deal!
>Guess you could say
Aqua:
>Hey Kazuma
>Mm?
>Can I ask you something about online gaming?
>Please don't Aqua-sama
>Okay.. Goodnight Kazuma :^)
>.... Goodnight Aqua
Best relationship. She could have cockblocked him instantly but didn't. Girl wingman is best wingman

So I've been reading the LNs now that I have the time.

Is the second season going to adapt books 3 and 4? If so, I'm not sure if the cliffhanger for book four would work as the cour ending.

That would be interesting, but I just think the reason he avoids it is because he would have to admit to them that Aqua is actually a goddess for reals and not just an idiot.

Personally I hope that they somehow manage to include book 5. And that they keep their 10/10 track record for good VA's and get a nice voice for Vanir

but he goes over this at one point.
He's considering telling them that he is actually from another world/dimension, but he goes
>"nah they'll probably just treat me like when Aqua says shes a goddess"

>best girl thread
Oh sweet a Megumin thread, and it isn't even Megumin Monday.

She is a miracle of the universe

Aqua is pretty much a NBR sister for Kazuma at this point

It's funny how that's what he asked his parents for and it sorta came true

Go roll another joint, you red eyed psychopath

I think that actually might be a valid point of their relationship.
Like how Darkness prayed for a friend and Eris came to her.
Kazuma may have wanted a sister hard enough that their fates somehow alligned or one of Aquas superiors made it happen. His death was rather peculior, even for him

This warms my heart more than any shipper faggotry does for some reason.

I know what you mean. Their relationship is stronger than they have with anyone else, and it transcendes any romantic or sexual desire.
Plus their banter is sibling tier

The situation is that he's aware that both Darkness and Megumin like him that way, but Megumin is currently more honest while Darkness is still in tsun noble mode. Aqua is still the one with the best relationship with him, true comrades.

True, but I still suspect that he will make Kazuma botch it somehowm, and Megumin won't be particularly pissed.

>>When Aqua hosts a festival for herself, the first stall she puts up is a japanese fish scooping pond to remind Kazuma of home
Also, she spent all her savings that she was going to use on Emperor Zell, and the first thing she wants to do is try to make Kazuma enjoy it. They do some nice gestures towards each other.
They also have moments where they threaten other people with each other, like Kazum will threaten Vanir with Aqua, or Aqua will threaten whoever she ows money to with Kazuma. They have each others back

>Their relationship is stronger than they have with anyone else
lol you aqua fags must have only watch the animu, because she becomes a lot less important later on.

>There are people in this thread that can not only appreciate Aqua for her banter, but have also caught up on the latest volumes

I couldn't even find people that did just one while the show aired. I'm so happy right now.

He kind of already did.

>Confessed the other night
>Kazuma brings up that he's going to the succubus dream brothel
>Asks what kind of girl he likes (or prefers)
>He replies, "A long-haired, big-breasted onee-san that will spoil me."

She's confused that he didn't answer, "A girl like you" or anything similar

She literally doesn't though. They focus on the Megumin relationship, which is discussed throughout the thread if you bothered reading it.

WIZ

Bye

KANGS

That's the thing, it is stressed so many times that a girl like Darkness is his ideal sexual fantasy. He likes Megumin because she's not as odd as the other ones, but that's really it.
Even in the beauty contest, him and Aegis jizz themselves over the succubi and Darkness, and he vaguely thinks to himself
>"Oh, I shouldve asked Megumin perhaps. Oh well

>“Uh, Lady Aqua… It’s difficult for me to work if you keep hugging me…”
>Aqua was tightly hugging Wiz from behind as Wiz worked at a small table.
>“You are cooling and comfortable to hug. There are no customers anyway, so it doesn’t matter if you are not in the shop, right? Stay in my room for this summer then.”
>“E-Even if you say so…”
>Although it wasn’t swelteringly hot, the heat wave at this time was still unbearable.
>She had no intention of leaving Wiz’s cool lich body during this period.

What was meant by this?

Darkness is like Aqua in that she has a great body but her personality is absolute dogshit.

OTP

Better than shit body and personality like megumin

But Aquas personality is apex, though.
>Loyal
>Engaging
>Independent
>Capable
>Dumb
>Gullible
>Kind hearted
>Protective
>Maternal
>Free spirited

i will fucking bully you

I just marathoned the LN this days and it's pretty clearly since Volume 5 that Megumin won the Kazubowl

Though Kazuma keeps being scumbag and pervert, there is a clear difference in the relations between the other girls and Megumin.

Is only a question of time until they fuck, seriously

>Loyal
>spreads bad rumors (facts) about Kazuma in town
Remember the jail trial arc?

The only reason why 'm not sold on a Megumin ending is because of Kazuma's attitude towards her whenever Iris is around.

I hear Eris sorta won in the WN.

Remember when she then spends days trying to bust him out?
Remember when she bullied Eris into bringing him back?
Remember when she spent her savings so they could eat?
Remember when she turned Axel in his favor?
Remember when she preemptively stopped Vanir from going on a rampage?
Remember when she could have told people all his darkest secrets?
best bros

So far Megameme has won the Kazuma bowl. Probably just because she was fast, her mother is an actual pimp, and Darkness is being tsun. But as for the story itself, I don't see him getting in a relationship with anyone.

Eris is sorta the main heroine so of course she wins. Also Kazuma's first time getting into a girl's panties was with her.

We seem to be heading towards that route, if the development of dynamite is any indicator. But it's too early to say. Megumin has a higher chance now because of her explosive popularity among japanese fans. The editor might change something, but who knows?

I favor Iris. I thought the stuff with the ring was cute.

Meh, but it's just the onee-chan character, it does seems different about here, like he actually cares a lot for her, but nothing romantic. Maybe is foreshadowing another arc or something

Nah, not even close.

I know, the story isn't serious by itself, and likes to troll a lot, so an open final is possible, but somehow i think the author will go for the Meme final

>Megumin has a higher chance now because of her explosive popularity among japanese fans
Nips do love their chuunis.
I never really liked Iris. She seemed like the token imouto, which Kazuma does call her a few times, but still.She doesn't really have that Konosuba personality, I think. Even Eris/Chris is a bit more dynamic, and she's supposed to be the model of modesty.

>same person different genders
I mean sure if Kazuma was a woman he'd be morally bankrupt, completely oblivious and leeching off some retard he fucked with oh wait that last one actually applies.

Why the fuck wouldn't Dorkness let Megumin taste her expensive wine when they were eating crab?
It genuinely pissed me off. She's not asking to get Aqua tier fucked, she just wanted to taste the heated wine with the crab, why is Darkness such a fucking cunt?

And I suppose Kazuma idly thinking about marrying Iris when she grows up isn't romantic? Honestly, Megumin and Iris pretty much confirm he's a closet lolicon.

I'd be fine if Eris won in a better method than it ended like the WN did.

wow there, Eris, easy now

>Honestly, Megumin and Iris pretty much confirm he's a closet lolicon.
that is confirmed throughout the series.
But when he goes to the dream brothel he keeps asking for a Darkness/head succubus type girl, and that place is tax free. If he honestly wanted to fuck a loli, he would do it via them first. Think he likes his titcows tbqh

Darkness is the worst girl. Letting Megumin partake would make Darkness more likeable, and that goes against Darkness' character. She's the wet blanket of the group when she's not being a retarded masochist trying to get everyone killed.

The dynamite is a pretty important part of Megumin's development.

Here's a mild funfact.
In the original webseries, before the LN, when Kazuma defeats the Demon King he chooses to go back to Fantasy Australia, obviously. Here's the twist though; nnot because of Megumin, Darkness, Iris or Eris, but because of Aqua. She stays there, and he chooses to come back to her.

Granted, the webseries was just a bluebrint of ideas, and alot has changed. But, just saying.

Fuck she pisses me off. I'm not even a Megumemer, but god damn she's annoying.

Well, as Kazuma said, Darkness is 'tits'. That's all she's good for.

I had the same feeling when they moved into the mansion and the ghost steals Aqua's really expensive wine she had been saving for ages.I don't like Aqua for more than her jokes, but knowing how hard it is for her to save money, seeing her broken over her missing wine somehow made me irrationally angry at spirits for a long time.

I've never seen this show, but fuck.. That face is full of hurt. This is DEEN, right?
How the fuck do they manage to be so shit generally, and then nail such a powerful expression?