If nukes became obsolete, would imperialism come back?

Would we see another race of the powers to grab territory, colonies and capitalist competition for markets reservations?

yes,

and now imagine if muslims had nukes.

>muslims had nukes.
muslims do have nukes

Pakistan already has nukes. Iran probably as well

Probably not. The world have lost its edge and its belief in their own superiority, oppressing the lesser civilizations is now haram.

We'd see more border conflicts though in Eastern Europe and East Asia for example.

>The world
You mean the masses, right?

The masses will follow any state/political propaganda that convinces a critical point of the population, it's not like they are doing a lot of thinking in first place, they just surrender themselves to the consensus of the majority and follow the flow.

He meant the majority of muslim nations being nuclear actors: Iran, Libya, Iraq, Syria...

For sure, they wouldn't be deposed as they were by the Americans.

Nukes going obsolete would only mean an even more powerful weapon being used instead, which would still have MAD related issues and possibly more.
Even if one single power developed it first beating the rest it would STILL need effective protection against enemy nukes to dare try it in war.
Very unlikely scenario. And it wouldn't make much sense to start that kind of shit cause the world and it's resources would be utterly ravaged so what was the point?

Soon

Not really, just a perfected counter to ICBMs would be enough. It doesn't need to be another layer of strategical consideration because of the introduction of a new super weapon, it just need to be a revolutionary new means of defense.

MAD turned obsolete, and getting war back to what it was: Humans clashing Humans and the struggle to create a tech gap against everyone else.

No nukes plz.

If we got rid of nukes, Europe would just go back to hits bloodthirsty roots and have WW3 again.. This time with 120 million dead or so.

The chinks, japs and americans would get dragged into because of economic ties. Like before.

>when nukes go extinct

In a few billion years?...because me kicking your ass is still on the table.

No, in a decade or more.
You just need to counter nukes from hitting major civil centers, food production, industrial centers and military posts. A shield for the nuclear age.

I don't think nukes going off

fucked that up.

I don't think nukes going off in the atmosphere are any good either. You can't really protect yourself from a blast

Just give it back to Russia.

The word is not EXTINCT, it's obsolete.

> decade or so

Hhahahaah A GUN is still used and its hundreds jesus you are stupid!

A KNIFE!

See this picture. This can kill millions, the intellectual knowledge that cam with it will always be here, even my basic IED education in the Army could kill tens of thousands at a damn or levee.

So? I just meant that the absolute dominance of nukes, with little to no defense against it can be countered by technology and state sponsored research.

The world won't keep in a statis forever, and I believe, if the right engineering and scientific talent is dedicated with the amount of finance needed to research for defensive solutions, something is going to pop up eventually.

Maybe it already has, but it's secretive.

Nice map!

Your slide thread is working. Now everyone who hates pol reply after me and bump this NOW.

But it's not a slide thread, it was a genuine question on my mind.

After ww2, the nuke got the whole attention on war strategy, I was asking myself what would it take to remove the nuke from there.

>just a perfected counter to ICBMs would be enough
Bullshit, there are more ways to deliver that are even harder to intercept (think of subs for example). Even a single well placed nuke could win the war and cripple a country for years

Im working on a theory to make literal death ray that shoots rays beyond gamma rays.

Google this shit nigger.

If successful I'll kill Billions as one man!

and I can make it in a garage with expensive tools and materials....science aint cheap

A nuke is just a warhead, it just is several orders of magnitude more powerful than conventional explosives of the same size cause nuclear reactions are kickass.
You can't make a perfect defense against nukes in the same way you can't make a perfect defense against bombs. Heck, now that they are developing railguns, which may increase the range of artillery, they could make one that shoots nukes, I'm sure the prototype exists already.
Good luck stopping that

Yes! Still better than the risk of being under ICBM. The suit nuke is always a possibility.