What do you anons think about Ludwig Wittgenstein? IMO the best philosopher of all time. What do you faggy anons think?

What do you anons think about Ludwig Wittgenstein? IMO the best philosopher of all time. What do you faggy anons think?

He got bullied by Hitler in school lmao

Quick rundown? He looks brainwashed.

brainwashed by Wittgenstein.

>best philosopher
do you even get the goal, faggot?

>Quick rundown? He looks brainwashed.

Greatest philosopher of all time. His philosophy did not result in any groundbreaking conclusions but his intelligence was unsurpassed. His books are enlightening and very intellectually engaging.

>do you even get the goal, faggot?

What goal?

Any relation to Prince Gustav the water filter salesman?

(((WITTGENSTEIN)))

You are a fucking faggot.

>faggy
Why the homophobia?

Him and Weininger were redpilled own their own shortcomings; Jewishness and homosexuality.

on*

Do you think that being a self-hating jew is a good thing?

I've never heard of him. What of his writings would you recommend to a virgin?

>I've never heard of him.

typical of brainlet Sup Forumsack

5.543 I mean, if you like autistic Jews.

The original fedora, he couldn't understand anything abstract

He didn't really come up with much on his own, his philosophy is basically 'this is why that other philosopher is retarded'.

He literally came up with all of the interesting ideas of analytic philosophy. Fuck outta here brainlet

You mean he came up with bullshit semantic based arguments that are more a language analysis than anything else.

>(((philosophy)))

>being this ignorant

The absolute state of Sup Forums

>dude language is confusing us lmao
Please post one(1) original and interesting idea that he had. Contemporary pop philosophers are all about point obvious things that were done already by the greeks and that even a child could come by himself. Of course he shreds some light by going in-dept but that's all. He himself knew he was wrong but had too much ego to say it.

Pretty smooth style of writing.

He looks like he got raped up the ass.

is that juha helppi

>Please post one(1) original and interesting idea that he had

The Beetle in the Box thought experiment

wittgenstein was a very interesting individual. apparently he left all his inheritance to his siblings (the wittgenstein were like the second richest family in austria, only surpassed by the rothschild) to go work as a math teacher in some shithole, where he hit the children if they made any mistakes. i can respect that
seems lika very non jewy jew to me. he was granted official status as mischling by hitler himself, which was only granted to a handfull of people. might have been for monetary reasons though

> he was granted official status as mischling by hitler himself,

Where did you get that information?

>being a cannibalistic jungle monkey
The absolute state of UMA

>writes the Tractatus
>"philosophy is over, I'm going to live in the woods"
>students pour over this groundbreaking work and become followers of his ideology
>later
>"oh wait everything I said was wrong, here's why"
>btfo of his own philosophy with another master work

Plato almost wrote two great works of philosophy that were in contradiction in Republic and Parmenides, but Wittgenstein did just that, I think the only philosopher to do so.

He was a great 20th century philosopher. A repressed homosexual autistic, that spent his nights in scolding baths contemplating suicide, and was described by his undergraduate professor as quite bright, eccentric, but not a genius. Sounds like most of Sup Forums tbqh.

>reading a 300+ page book of some guy's thoughts

Do people actually do this? Please help me understand the meme that is philosophy.

>being this retarded

Fuck off americuck

>and was described by his undergraduate professor as quite bright, eccentric, but not a genius

Where did you get that info? Russel said that he was genius.

>what people experience might not be the same
WOAH DUDE. He just solved epistemology

>american education

Didnt russell claim he was to smart to do anything productive?

What's enlightening about them?

>he best philosopher of all time
Oh come on man. He didn't even say anything that Aquinas didn't except he obsessed over only logic and language like some colossal autist.

The best philosopher is very obviously Aristotle, it isn't even close. For about 2000 years they just referred to him as 'the philosopher' until the modern faggots came along and ruined everything.

>The best philosopher is very obviously Aristotle
kek. You have much to learn, my ignorant leaf.

Never felt myself gravitating towards this guy. Maybe I'll read him at some point later. I think this is probably a sound comment though, Weininger impacted me very much.

You fags are just idiots.

I know right. He was genuinely a genius.

That was not at all a controversial position until very recently. You'll notice that the West has gone literally insane in the past 2-4 centuries so I'm not particularly inclined to believe what they say about philosophy.

Don't get me wrong, from Descartes to Hume, Spinoza, Kant, Hegel, Fichte, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Spengler, Heidegger, etc. You can learn interesting things, ways of thinking, but these men are literally all deranged in one way or another, they are not healthy thinkers.

I even like modern philosophers like Deleuze, Bataille, Harmann, Brassier, etc. to some degree but they are even worse.

THe first sign of fuckery is when theology becomes divorced from philosophy.

>scolding baths

Herp

Russell wasn't his ugrad professor. Wittgenstein studied Engineering at the University of Manchester. He was a genius, but he wasn't interested enough in philosophy to show it. He read Whitehead and then took a train to Cambridge, slept rough, and then followed Russell to his office arguing with him, I mean Witty just walked in off the street. The guy was a supreme autiste, and I think his "genius" was simply intelligence coupled with obsession, as opposed to a genius like Mozart.

Thanks for further proving my point that only brainlets take philosophy seriously.

oh, yes, of cource your right there. I mistyped.

how do you determine a 'best' philosopher?

Don't trigger my autism any more, I CAN'T TAKE IT

My favorite philosopher.

Logico-Tractus Philosophicus by Wittgenstein is a great textbook on the limits and structure of logic/math and the ultimate inability of philosophy to explain or explore topics like God and existence.

It helps to open your eyes to what should be labeled as “bullshit” and what should be labeled a good utilization of logic.

I think his most worthwhile statement is the last line of the book:

“That which cannot be said should be passed over in silence”

>no breakthrough
>greatest philosopher
I see a problem here.

Yeah whatever you steamlord, have fun staying your whole life with the reading comprehension of a 5 years old. No surprise you will do nothing important.

By being a child, and thinking of them like action figurines.

You should read Ray Monk's bio on him.

I recall him going into WWI and wanting to be stationed in the worst areas -- most gunfire -- so he could think more, or something mad along those lines.

MAH MAN

THE BEAST RIGHT HERE

Reality.

Marcus Aurelius is probably the best philosopher and he doesn't even count as one. But at least he has stuff that can be directly used in every mans life.

>I recall him going into WWI and wanting to be stationed in the worst areas -- most gunfire -- so he could think more, or something mad along those lines.

He was so much of a chad that he volunteered for WW1 when he could have just kept living the comfortable life in Austria. Gave away a fortune after the war because money is for normalfags. The ultimate chad right here.

He was fairly uneducated, only ever read Schopenhauer, Frege and few others. Spent most of his career trying to answer questions posed by Schopenhauer and did not really succeed. Overall I would say that he was a lesser Philospher than even Frege desu. Also a Jew, which I assume is the reason you made this post?

jesus fucking christ you're a god damned retard. get the fuck out of my country or just die already you stupid fat fuck

This is a good post. Also, I dislike that people -- I see it on /lit/ -- try to disregard Tractatus because Wittgenstein moved away from his picture-theory of language in Philo. Investigations.

That doesn't mean you just throw away EVERYTHING before. Tractatus has a lot of good stuff in it that's still worthwhile.

Agree for the most part. Who do you suggest reading?

Tractatus is ambitious and pretentious, and easily impresses susceptible minds - but much of it is mysticism masked as rationality/logic.

However Philosophical Investigations is innovative and brilliant. By that time he realized a proper philosopher invents and poses questions, instead of trying to answer them all for once and for all.

The proposition/theory is not the fruitful ground for philosophy. The question is.

Yeah man, writing blog posts about the meaning of life, that's real important lmao

Learn some math or science, you vodkanigger. Only liberal cucks think philosophy makes you smart.

Nice comic. Where did you get it?

The problem is that philosophy is all memes with modern undergrads. They are all looking for guns germs and steel tier things, where everything is reduced to one twitter length explanation.

No one can handle nuance and complexity anymore, it's all broad strokes and 'real reason that x is x is because y'.

I mean, you're engaging in philosophy right now. "What is the intellectual worth of philosophy? Should man spend his time speaking and writing about his thoughts of existence?" There, you just did it by asking that question. Philosophy emerged as an anti-religion, it exists so you can talk about the questions you have without religious dogma.

He literally goes on for 100 pages about how a definition of 'game' can't be made, and how somehow this discredits Plato.
Even though 'game' can be easily defined, and Plato/Socrates weren't actually looking at definitions.
Autism Lvl. 99.

The tlp was Wittgentstein attempting to answer fundamental questions by posed Schopenhauer, and failing to do so. How is it "innovative" and "brilliant" to move away and ignore questions that you have failed to answer?

Don't be a fucking retard.

Some Polish philosophy blog - it's signed actually.

I just searched Wittgenstein & ladder.

>le meme that "we are all doing philosophy". "Hurr Durr we are all philosophers

My literal favorite subject of study ever is philosophy. I literally think about philosophy every single day of my life. But that argument simply is not good.

He has molyneux mouth

Again, brilliant rebuttal. Thanks for further proving my point. The truth hurts I see.

With philosophy I don't think you can just recommend people like that. Each individual has to seek out their own way into understanding, and it can come in bizarre ways, often through reading something that has nothing to do with philosophy like history or art or science.

I mentioned Aquinas and I think he was a genius, but just reading Aquinas out of the blue might not accomplish anything.

The people I listed in the first post I think are all valuable. Especially Kant and Spengler, but I repeat that people seem to get wildly different things out of the same authors. It is really more a creative process of constructing one's own view than absorbing the beliefs of others.

Its because of illiterate stemtards who religiously follow science (not logic and reason) that the world is so bad. Since we are going to cherrypick Bill "the spectrum" Nye and Neil "fuck borderz and shiet" Tyson is your voice and it ain't good.

Die. We can't rebute a fucking question that is so retarded it doesn't even make a little bit of sense. Please die, you literal retard. We aren't gonna discuss with retards like you

>Brazilian Philosopher

How can the world prepare for this intellectual grandeur?!

Holy christ. You made no point at all. You're the proverbial chess-playing-pigeon.

He failed though others (logical positivists) thought he didn't.

He didn't accept their fandom and moved on to true philosophy which consists of posing innovative questions.

In any case you sound like you'd be more at home with less formal philosophy or theology. Lots of 'successful' answers there.

Sauce

It's actually a simple question. Explain to me why I should take valuable time out of my life to read an entire book of some guy's thoughts, a guy who has no qualifications and whose thoughts are no more valid than yours or mine.

There is so much legitimate knowledge to be learned in this world. Reading a 600 page book of some guy subjectively analyzing what he thinks free will or rhetoric is does not qualify.

By getting hit in the head with a steel pipe 4 or 5 times.

Because everyone thought that the questions were dumb because Schopenhauer was a salty old fuck.

Buy they weren't.

Russel was better

Pretty much how I read, go by gut on picking readings that seem right at the time (what I will get most out of because of interest/joy in reading it) rather than reading a set list of 'what one should/must read.'
I was just wondering who your favourites were.

No that would be you, you fucking mong.

Look up Luiz Felipe Ponde and Leandro Karnal you gigantic mongoloid.

I'll answer this.

Because hundreds of thousands of other people already read it and declared that his thoughts were unique and insightful compared to thousands and thousands of other shit books.

It's been vouched for, so it's not 'some guy' anymore.

Im not advancing this particular individual becsuse I've never read him. With that said, you find out if they're valid by reading and weighing his arguments to determine if they're worth accepting. It's the same as talking to someone to hear their ideas and accept or reject them.

>Explain to me why I should take valuable time out of my life to read an entire book of some guy's thoughts, a guy who has no qualifications and whose thoughts are no more valid than yours or mine.

You should't. There is no objective reason or even practical reason why you should. We only do it because we are curious and want to know the nature of the topics of which he discusses. We want to know what reality is like and what the thoughts of the greatest minds have done to try to understand it. Maybe faggots like you simply don't care for it, and that's totally fine. But from what I have seen, faggots like you who only see and care about the practicality of things are either retarded, very uninteresting, or boring.

No Britwit. Russell's most important contribution to philosophy was moving Wittgenstein to Cambridge.

His Principia Mathematica failed miserably. His History of Philosophy is pure poison.

he's shit
Aristotle > Plato

Tell that to witty, he believed he had "solved" philosophy.

If I haven't already heard of them, they aren't important.

Surely you can handle that logic.

>they aren't important.

to you, you illiterate faggot.

Pseudo-Denys, Augustine, Bonaventure, von Bingen, Aquinas, some other Christian mystics.
I don't believe in the Christian God but Christian mysticism is the closest thing to what I believe.

Also they are not philosophers but the poets Rilke and Trakl are extremely close as well.

Christian mysticism is the best desu

No living philosopher is important, it's the nature of the discipline.