As someone as wasn't here during 2006-2009, was she really as 'iconic' as people made her out to be?

As someone as wasn't here during 2006-2009, was she really as 'iconic' as people made her out to be?

>I am a newfag

lurk moaar

Stop proclaiming you're a newfag and keep lurking.

Oldfags are pathetic. Grow up.

lurk more kid

Yes sir!

In part, I made this thread because I wonder what'll be of December announcement

Yes. Haruhiism was massive.
You missed an entire craze.
I still recall it fondly, rewatching episodes on my iPod video, reading the LN and listening to the OST...

Yeah, then Endless Eight came and people became annoyed. I guess the movie salvaged some of that.

Didn't even get on the anime train until 2007, marathoned the original anime = turned otaku, proceed to read all books before S2... frustrating times happened.

But then I watched the most glorious camrip in the world. I'll never forget that night; no Mazui subs yet, just film on one half of the screen, translated pdf on the other, engaged auto scroll... witnessed perfection.

Absolutely. The closest thing comparable might be keion, if you were around during that time, but definitely not as big.

I guess right now it would be love live, but it's different in that western scene isn't as into LL as it was into haruhi at the time.

The fact that you're posting this in 2017 t-minus 4 weeks should answer this

lol no, she was the main character in newfag first harem LN romcom. Nothing more.

No, only that retarded dance was popular, the show was always kinda forgettable.

Desu spam was bigger.

I believe Lucky Star kept the flame alive until Endless Eight smothered it to near death.

If you really wanted to see crazy shit happen, you should have been here while Madoka aired in 2011.

I still fondly remember whole thread being filled within 2-3 minutes and then Sup Forums breaking down while last episode aired.

You know, this anime in that time was revolutionary (plot, characters)
The same way that Death Note was it.

Lucky Star rode Haruhi's coattails.
Haruhi's popularity held up well enough until season 2 as the LNs were still being translated.

Not really. I tried and failed watching it during that period. Between an achronological storytelling and an INCREDIBLY annoying main character, I couldn't keep watching it past 4 or 5 episodes.

This too.

Even though I can now see its flaws, I'd still go back and watch Death Note again. Can't say the same for Haruhi.

I watched the dutch angle camrip. Good times.

I only started browsing Sup Forums in early 2014 and I remember her being extremely talked about then. She's not as discussed on Sup Forums lately.

Hah, looks like my old meat head trainer Blake Stockwell. Check YouTube if anyone is curious.

Anyhow, I was occasionally lurking in 2009 and haruhi was fucking hype, I didn't watch it until recently though.

Dutch Angle Camprip sounds like the autobiography of a guerrilla filmmaker

people hate it because that one meme picture made it to 9gag

>December announcement

i-it's just gonna be blu rays and shit right? Don't get me hyped

S3 when

Most likely...

Haruhi together with Lucky Star saved anime. At least appreciate what it did

Haruhi ruined anime. It kickstarted this era of self-aware moeshit.

Haruhi isn't moeshit and the self-awareness part is pretty much anecdotal storywise.

Yes. Well at least the dance was

Sup Forums was as hot/cold about it as anything, there was lots of love but also lots of hate.

This, I dropped it pretty quickly too

I hate her with every single fiber of my being.

My anger peaked during the Mikuru bullying arc then the second season had that fucking shitty endless eight joke that's not funny at all.

Kyon single-handedly saved the anime from being pure trash.

I dont fucking know, I watched the show for Kyon

It's already revealed to be just one big package of the entire animated series with some bonus radio plays.

Or a documentary about Battlefield Earth

This. Narrator protag is the best.

During the time Haruhi came out anime didn't need saving, it was still going strong.

can't believe its been so long since then.
the years are so short yet the days are so long.

>when the fucking last episode was postponed because a rl hurricane was about to hit japan
Madoka is real. Remember that.

Yes, I remember it as THE anime weeaboos just wouldn't shut the fuck up about. It was as worse as TTGL.

It'll happen someday, never give up faith.