Give me one serious reason to believe in atheism

Give me one serious reason to believe in atheism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qs26qv6C-38
answersingenesis.org/world-religions/atheism/atheism-is-religion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Atheism is the lack of belief. Don't be a godless sack of shit.

I actually believe in God

There is no reason to be an atheist. It has no benefits.

No evidence to the contrary. Why would you believe something without any justifiable reason to do so? Are you four years old?

youtube.com/watch?v=qs26qv6C-38

Russian propaganda is fairly straightforward on this topic.

Atheism is bullshit for me, don't worry

There is no 'reason' not to believe, it's just the outlook you have to adopt once you realize that religions are bullshit.
There are no benefits to atheism. You don't believe, because you can't, that's all.

atheism sucks

There are social benefits to being part of a religious community. Atheism doesn't grant you the same.

Social benefits like getting beaten and sexually abused, throwing away your income, supporting miseducation. Fuck off.

Surely your big atheist brain can comprehend that there is no such thing as a pure positive. Those bad aspects are the exceptions, not the rule.

Should communities be discarded because of the actions of a few bad actors?

nice quote commie lets see if your supreme intellect will save us

This picture sucks. Not because i support atheism because atheism is bullshit but because Varg and Euronymous support religion. Varg is pagan and Euronymous was a satanist.

That's not how it works. You have to show me why do you believe in a Jewish sky fairy

I don't have to show you any "sky fairy" kid. Its simply possible that God exists. People in medieval times rejected sphere earth theory becasuse there was no proof for it but it turned out to be true. Same can be with God.

>It has no benefits.

Are you kidding? Atheists can do whatever the fuck they want without consequences. Christians have a big sky wizard watching everything they do. Every time you masturbate god is watching you.

> tfw True Agnostic
I usually don't criticize religion nor atheism (as that's what Agnostics shouldnt do,if you see an agnostic talking shit to either religion or atheism,you know he isnt one really. Civillized discussions are fine though) but do criticize fedora tippers for their stupidity and arrogance.
I see in my point of view that True Agnosticism is the best you can be,there really isnt much you can do to prove either sides.
The questions and mystery will likely stay that way for eons to come.

>still no proof
The absolute state of christcucks

There is not needed proof. God simply may exist.

>Its simply possible that God exists.
Everything is possible. That's no reason to make your life revolve around immaginary possibilities.
>People in medieval times rejected sphere earth theory
No they didn't. People knew the Earth is a sphere forever.

Are you 12?

>Euronymous was a satanist.

Atheism is satanism in disguise.

>Atheism
>Believe

If people tell you they know the unknown they're lying.

I honestly don’t give a shit about (((organised religion))) nor can I force myself to believe something.

Atheism is the definition of lack of belief in anything but the ((((fatcts)))). I can respect Dawking or other atheist scientist but fedora followers are doing the same thing that a fundamentalist religious person does, if not worse because they just wait to get spoonfed and more conservative on scientific theories than the political conservatives that they look down upon.

>No they didn't. People knew the Earth is a sphere forever.

Tell that to the Roman Catholic Church,who punished anyone that went against their views during the Middle ages.

The main part of Christanity isn't about believing God,but about following the teachings of Christ and the christian values and teachings in the Bible. (The Bible,showing us how to live our life and not commiting acts that are deemed as sins,showing examples of such sins as stories such as the Babylon tower. Believing in God is merely a part of the whole "system".

You can have the privilege of wearing a sick fedora senpai

>Every time you masturbate god is watching you.
>implying this doesn't make my masturbation hotter

>believe in atheism
First your IQ has to rise dozens of points so you clearly understand atheism is not the belief in anything, it is the lack of belief in made-up gods.

Most people are atheists because they can't believe in gods, kid.

We just don't. I personally love reading various religious texts, but to me they are just nice stories with morals in them. I accept the morals, reject the religion and gods.

>believe in atheism
you already fail

only retards believe
humans understand

>Tell that to the Roman Catholic Church,who punished anyone that went against their views during the Middle ages.
First cite me a historical document of theirs where they uphold the view that Earth is flat.

Don't
It's blind Faith in nothing
If the west goes athiest the pike tier Freemasons win
The furthest it is worth going it deist

>morality without God

No. One of the problems atheists have is the unbelievers' assertion that it is possible to determine what is right and what is wrong without God. They have a fundamental inability to concede that to be effectively absolute a moral code needs to be beyond human power to alter.

On this misunderstanding is a supposed conundrum about whether there is any good deed that could be done only by a religious person, and not done by a Godless one. Like all such questions, this contains another question: what is good, and who is to decide what is good?

Left to himself, Man can in a matter of minutes justify the incineration of populated cities; the deportation, slaughter, disease and starvation of inconvenient people and the mass murder of the unborn.

I have heard people who believe themselves to be good, defend all these things, and convince themselves as well as others. Quite often the same people will condemn similar actions by different countries, often with great vigour.

For a moral code to be effective, it must be attributed to, and vested in, a non-human source. It must be beyond the power of humanity to change it to suit itself.

Its most powerful expression is summed up in the words 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends'.

The huge differences which can be observed between Christian societies and all others, even in the twilit afterglow of Christianity, originate in this specific injunction.

>muh everybody was dumb during the dark ages that's why it was dark guise
Ever heard of Copernicus? i think what you are referring to is the little fight that Galileo had with the Catholic Church in the 1600s and that was about Earth revolving around the sun.

I'm not sure how were their beliefs about flat earth but they absolutely supported the geocentrical system,which led few scientists get house arrested for life for claiming otherwise (the heliocentrical system). But if i take a guess,they likely supported flat earth due to the education during those times were horrible and many peasents believed such a world existed.

Atheism is a religion.

You dont believe in atheism you dumb fuck. It's a lack of belief. In a dumb idea at that.

That is like saying not smoking is a habit. Think before you post

The majority of the population was illiterate and were simple peasents who didnt have education.
You should have known this.

Nigga I don’t need a book to tell me I shouldn’t be a dickhead and Jew people, murder people, rape people, accuse people unjustly ect.

I find it funny how a lot of supposedly holy figures in every Abrahamic book is responsible for some highly immoral incident, such as Abraham killing Isaac or Mohammed having sex with 9 year olds and committing genocide.

>atheist can do whatever

T. Anarchist

>God simply may exist.
Even that is wrong. Given what we know about the universe, how consciousness and will must come from simpler parts and not the other way around, there's no way all of reality is the work of an intelligent being. Omnipotence is logically impossible (moving object hitting unstoppable object), omniscience has been discovered to be impossible (QM and information theory). I suspect this is all new to you and simply goes over your head. Christfags will always be completely wrong because they don't have the self-honesty to let themselves see that.

you gotta have fai-
oh..

Only a faggot bows to another man

damn. Hitler was a faggot then for bowing to Hindenburg

I am thinking. Atheism has a widespread online fanbase, and people who militantly attack people who think different to their beliefs. So many people are obsessed with it, you might as well call atheism a religion/belief/faith whatever.

To truly think atheism and any belief have nothing in common is not objectively looking at the facts.

What wrong with Satanism

your life.

Ya. If hitler sucked a dick would you do it too? Think for yourself dummy

How wonderful that a canadian mentions dick sucking and attempts to project that I'm your average natsoc hitler follower

The fact we live like this is just random user.

1 in a billion xD

So you're just talking out of your ass, gotcha.
What peasants believed in that time is really irrelevant, there are flat earthers today and they have access to unlimited information, what matters is the scientific consensus of the time.

The popular heliocentric oppsition myth also isn't completely true, but I don't feel like debunking it here, read up on it if you're interested. Bottom line is that Galileo was a dick to the pope, which wasn't a good idea in those times. Also he wasn't house arrested for life and could continue scientific work on other stuff than heliocentrism.

It not a faith sorry no matter what you think or want too

I didnt bring him up and I don't see the point you're failing to make

>one serious reason
nothing else makes any sense. ask yourself, is magic real?

>it is possible to determine what is right and what is wrong without God.
Men make morals. Then evil men invent gods to enforce their subjective morals and subjugate their fellow men. The fact that religious people pretend their morals are "objective" does not make them so.

>They have a fundamental inability to concede that to be effectively absolute a moral code needs to be beyond human power to alter.
Anyone with a functional mind can smell the bullshit reeking off this pile. Theists are the ultimate moral nihilists despite pretending not to be.

>Left to himself, Man can in a matter of minutes justify the incineration of populated cities;
Didn't your gods do this exact thing with Sodom and Gomorrah?

> the deportation, slaughter, disease and starvation of inconvenient people
Didn't your gods command the Israelites to do this exact same thing with other Jews of Canaan Valley? Deuteronomy 20:17

>For a moral code to be effective, it must be attributed to, and vested in, a non-human source.
That's ridiculous. There have been thousands of gods, thousands of moral codes and millions of morally repugnant atrocities committed in their names.

There is zero evidence god exists, so there’s that.

>apes evolve big brain
>apes evolve abstract thinking, concept of future, abstractization of own mortality, existential anxiety and abstractization of instinctual fears
>apes become sentient
>apes have limited input through limited sensory organs which leads to limited perception of enviroment
>apes evolve logic thinking built upon a more primitive instinctual apparatus
>apes are therefore prone to logical inconsistencies influenced by fear and other instincts
>thus, apes evolve religion in order to apply an absolute code of conduct in order to increase group chance of survival

>if apes outgrow religion there is no way they can retain their own evolutionary model which used to be applied through existential anxiety

Religion is forced empathy, because that's why you go to fucking hell for eternity if you masturbate. For a moral code to be effective it must be based on fear for self. However, it can exist in individuals who are not self-centered without this incentive.

you don't need to believe in atheism to be atheist though. You just need to not believe in a deity.

^^ are u indeed 12?
You are a complete manlet. God isn't a tyrant nor a dictator.
You can sin all you want (with consequensies (which are refered to as Sins))
Christians also sin, but we have a solution to that. IT'S CALLED GOD!!!!!!
And the fact that you deny God that doesn't make him less true outside from your Atheist echo chamber. Meaning either you believe that you sinned or not, believe in God or not, Theres IS still a God out there that is watching you (Big Father is watching You).
Saying a crappy sentence like "I don't believe in God because muh consequensies" Makes you seem totaly like a 16 year old (And if you say, we are the delusioned ones here, then think again, bacause not bealiving in God makes you sacrifice your eternity just because you feel uneasy with an All seeing Power. Now that's delusion right there).
You are supposed to feel comfy with God (which I know that, by the way I am speaking to you, I don't make it any easier).
You don't become smarter by saying that God doesn't exist. You become more Retarted and autistic than you already are at your 16.
A wise user once said:
"If I am wrong about God, then I've wasted my life"
"But if You are wrong about God, then you've wasted your eternity"
Doesn't quite sound like the smart thing to do, does it now? Leave you Atheist degeneracy back with the devil were it came from and rejoice The Infinite Glory of God.
Religion is an instict. Ignoring your insticts and/or your logic isn't very smart either.

>majority of the population was illiterate and were simple peasents
Utter bullcrap, it's like saying that nowadays the majority of the population of Europe are low-class suburban retards that do manual labor all day, it's more diverse than that, the culture from those times prove otherwise as well and that even after multiple wars invasions and plagues that had taken place. There will always be an elite few who remain in history as figureheads.

This psycho babble is why you should be an atheist

>believing in jewish fairytales
good goyim

Christcucks are cucks and the scum of the Earth. Omnipotence and omniscience are not only impossible but nonsensical. However, this doesn't disprove the existence of supernatural beings, including deities.

Prove he exists. I’ll wait.

Almost all atheists claim that, because (supposedly) there is no God, their own worldview is not a religion. Many of them would argue that they have a “nonbelief.”

One of the definitions of religion in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, however, is this: “a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith.”

Atheism certainly fits that definition, and many of its adherents are quite zealous about their faith system.

Atheists have an active belief system with views concerning origins (that the universe and life arose by natural processes); no life after death; the existence of God; how to behave while alive; and so much more. Honest atheists will admit their worldview is a faith. Atheism is a religion!

One candid atheist wrote, “My attitude is not based on science, but rather on faith . . . . The absence of a Creator, the non-existence of God is my childhood faith, my adult belief, unshakable and holy.”
From answersingenesis.org/world-religions/atheism/atheism-is-religion/

Your faith is the faith in the absence of God.

>Atheism has a widespread online fanbase, and people who militantly attack people who think different to their beliefs.
Ooohh! You poor special snowflake you! It was only a few hundred years ago that Europe was still putting atheists to death, so it's probably the moral equivalent of persecution in your tiny mind.

You didn't even bother to read didn't you.

Prove God exists.

>peasents were irrelevant
>they were the majority

Are you implying a minority proves the majority?
The peasents and farmers were just as important in society.

test

>no life after death; the existence of God; how to behave while alive; and so much more.
none of these are matters of faith though. what does faith mean to you?

PROVE HE DOESN'T EXIST ILL WAIT TOO.

My point is that not everyone is a faggot by doing that. Fucking idiot.

Prove there aren’t invisible leprauchauns on Venus.
>What is Burden of proof

>God isn't a tyrant nor a dictator.
What do you based you knowledge of god upon?
>the bible
What does the bible say about god?
>He's a tyrant and a dictator
Hmmk.

There is also zero evidence that he doesn't exist,Buddy.

The fact that all observable reality can be explained more simply without the concept of God, it's natural to assume he doesn't exist. Occam's razor.

Prove there aren’t invisible leprauchauns on Venus.
>What is Burden of proof

>talks about burden of proof while doing the fallacy itself

Don't you see?
>Atheists harassing people for their beliefs, that's what the christians did a few hundred years ago

>Christians harassing people for their beliefs
>Only religious people do this
>Atheists do this

Weak bait.

That’s the point oh my god.

Every testable hypothesis of the existence of God that has ever been made has fallen flat.

It's like saying a giant pig lives on the dark side of the moon. Can't prove he doesn't exist right?
>Send satellites there to take photos, can't see him
I guess that just means the pig is invisible! Still can't prove he doesn't exist!

This is what arguing God exists is like.

Most people are ignorant about most things. Be it today, 1000 years or 10000 years ago. Do you think majority of the people today can accurately describe theory of relativity or undertand quantum physics? You're probably gonna struggle to find an adult who can accurately cite Newton's laws of motion. That doesn't change the fact that collectively we "know" all these things today, just as medieval people "knew" the Earth was spherical.

>comparing being religious to smoking
>being this edgey
Atheism simply exists as a way for pseudo-intellectyal contrarians to jerk their ego off and feel superior. An actual intellectual would grasp the concept that the human perception is so limited that we are all equally in the dark. Everything is a relgion.

To me it's sort of your own explanation for how we got here and what our purpose is here; and also how to achieve our goals/morality

Unfalsifiable claims are bullshit that goes in the trash. Oh I’ve got intangible invisible unicorns that live in my fucking ears just trust me

/thread

>To me
well, that's not what "faith" means to the rest of humanity. You should invest in a dictionary.

I can't prove what's outside my eye sight.
NEITHER CAN YOU.
Your logic:
>I can't see it, there for it doesn't exist.
My logic:
>I can't see it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But I want to believe.
Internet went down, sorry if delay.

One day an Athiest will develop his logic so fine that he will completely and utterly disprove God so well that every religion in the world will disolve and everyone on Earth will convert to Athiesim.

Not today.

>WHAT IS BURDEN OF PROOF

Fine. Thought I could give my own answer. In the dictionary, faith is defined as a firm belief in something for which there is no proof. I'd say atheism fits that description.

Atheism is not an active belief.
It is a lack of belief. Similar to how most adults do not believe in Santa. Do we vo around all day actively assuring ourselves a fat man will be going around the world judging people with gifts? No. We have just let go of a lie told to us as children.

>I'd say atheism fits that description.
then you should use that same dictionary to look up the definition of atheism.