CardCaptor Sakura Clear Card-hen Anime for January 2018

Literally waiting one year.

>twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/802367138094714881

Other urls found in this thread:

cardcaptorsakura.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_events
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-26/cardcaptor-sakura-clear-card-arc-manga-gets-tv-anime-series-in-january-2018/.109204
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody cares, the sequel manga is only 6 chapters so far and its shit!

Do you have a better source?

Now the reasons to not kill yourself cover 2 years

>Madhouse

Fuck off, cock sucker.

That gives CLAMP a whole extra year to ruin CCS before Madhouse has a chance to save it.

And we don't even know if the core CCS team is returning. Given recent Madhouse productions, even the anime is in shakey hands.

This series should have never been revived.

>Hoeeeee

According to this timeline here and based on the fact that most anime/manga take place roughly in the year of the release- Cardcaptor was set in the 90s.
cardcaptorsakura.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_events

They are going to have to make some minor changes to the anime if it's a few years after Cardcaptors. Otherwise, they'll have to explain away a minor anachronism. Namely why Smartphones are widely used in the late 90s/early 2000s despite the fact Smartphones didn't become popular until 2008.

Please, please don't fuck it up.

>January 2018
That's a long time.

SOILED IT
SOILED IT
SOILED IT

The director, as far as I've seen, has been confirmed to be Morio Asaka, the original director.

I want to fuck the chink.

Unironicaly wishing Shaft for it

top hoe

>All these fucking sakshots that I don't have.

I'll be 30 whenever it starts.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-26/cardcaptor-sakura-clear-card-arc-manga-gets-tv-anime-series-in-january-2018/.109204

Google search yield

I wonder if some people going to complain about anime original/fillers if this is going to be long-running.

Is Sakura Tange even still alive? Can she even do the Sakura voice anymore?

Why wouldn't she be able to? It's only been 16 years.

Of course she is.

I really hope it lasts a long time. I miss the way older anime knew how to stop and smell the roses. We need more Aikatsus.

Isn't that an anime for girls?

I hope something interesting happens in the manga by then

The new arc already has her with a smartphone so it's likely just getting glossed over as being in the present day. Detective Conan is similar as it started in the early 90s and barely a year or two have passed in universe.

I was tentatively excited when I saw this news

Then I realized it won't be cel-animated, and they'll probably use CG for all the cards and stuff. Not sure even the original director and cast can save it from that.

I think it's unlikely they'll use too much CG aside from maybe magic circles or effects.

girls (male)

>Madhouse has a chance to save it
Ohkawa will likely provide the series composition once more.

>Is Sakura Tange even still alive?

Sunrise managed to make G-Reco look like a 80s/90s anime to some effect, so I'm sure Madhouse should be capable of emulating cel-animation to a certain extent too. That's if it gets a big budget anyway.

I hope the soundtrack is done by the same guy.

>implying we won't get MAPPA for this like Ippo

Pretty hype.

>big budget
And a good schedule. Both seem to be happening here. Based NHK.

please don't be shit
please don't be shit
plesae don't be shit

which is not surprising given how very little source material there is to adapt at the moment

MAPPA isn't great either, just look at Yuri on Ice.

Saving

I imagine a lot of Yuri on Ice's budget goes to however they acquire the footage they're rotoscoping.

>Is Sakura Tange even still alive?
Yes, she is.