WSJ

What's your opinion of those new series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wvnydzZXBEI
youtube.com/watch?v=NClz0dULzp4
en.rocketnews24.com/2016/11/25/do-manga-artists-earn-big-bucks-from-film-adaptations-gintama-author-spills-the-beans/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't read them but there's a 99% chance they're average or worse, just like everything else this magazine has debuted in the last like five years or more.

Jump will never be good again

Both will be dead before chapter 30. Ole isn't pandering hard enough to fujos to survive being in the same magazine as Haikyu. Demon's Plan is edgy but too generic looking in the way that Japan doesn't like rather than the generic they like.

Axed in 5 months tops

axed in four chapters, and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they dont stop coming.

Shit.

WSJ will start dying once OP ends.

Didn't read Golazo.

Demon's plan felt like(another) saint seiya rip off

What does golazo mean?

judging by how the mc is wearing AS Roma jersey it's probably what the mangaka think how Italian people say goal

It's slang for "big goal", used mainly by some mexican football commentators when they get excited, which is 100% of the time for any spanish or italian speaking football announcer.

youtube.com/watch?v=wvnydzZXBEI

youtube.com/watch?v=NClz0dULzp4

How can a goal be big? Are they worth 2 points?

Yes but only if you pick up the ball and throw it in with your hands.

Don't know about volleyball one but Demon's Plan is offensively generic.

>Another football manga

We have so much of this already, just pick another sport for fucks sake.

Shit gets cancelled too fast these days. I don't touch anything new in jump that doesn't have enough chapters for five volumes.

>, used mainly by some mexican football commentators

But that's wrong you fucking retard.

>WSJ will start dying once OP ends.

then, never?

>7-1

not good

>WSJ will start dying once OP ends.

I never really understood this argument.
every single magazine in Japan with the exception of Jump doesn't have One Piece in them, why aren't they dead?

Poor mangakas.
Even oda only makes $20 million a year while one piece rakes in billions a year.

en.rocketnews24.com/2016/11/25/do-manga-artists-earn-big-bucks-from-film-adaptations-gintama-author-spills-the-beans/

this is how franchising around the world work, intellectual property creators only get paid for licensing fees

do you think Stan Lee & Jack Kirby see any money from Avenger & X-Men movies?

is Love Rush got axed?

Yeah

Not a percentage of the gross but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a fat check for each

shit sux desu

Yep, ended two weeks ago.

>while one piece rakes in billions a year.
You're talking about yen right, because one piece doesn't make billion dollars.

It's usually around 16-18 billion yen including merch, anime and all that stuff.

And he gets peanuts from the manga too, in 2010 it was revealed that he has a shitty contract of 10% for each volume sale.

>OLE GOLAZO
Es mierda.

So is there any successful new titles in jump, isn't the promised neverland the only one that somewhat successful?

Ghost tits.

What a shitty name. Nobody even says OLE GOLAZO in the same sentence.
Might be some retarded pun on "Ole/Ore" (おれ).

>WSJ dying
>BNHA and Neverland exists in it's current roster

Well Jack Kirby got screwed over by Stan Lee long before any marvel movies where made

Didn't read them yet
I guess I can find them on the archived threads or on mangastream

Anime when?

I'm not sure if the battle set-up for Demon Plan is the right thing for the story the author wants to tell. Really feels like the super powers are just superfluous.

I have never understood how Haikyuu supposedly panders to fujos?

Demon seemed interesting but its just your generic shonen manga

Football is probably the only major sport that hasn't had a good manga.

Also Gintama, Haikyuu, Shokugeki, Hinomaru and Black Clover

Guess I'll give it another try.

Captain Tsubasa was the bomb back in my days

Because retards nowadays think that if the manga doesnt shove a girl next to a male character he automatically sucks dicks
Fujos love the series, but the autor is actively triying to stop that by making girls show up a little bit more

Giant Killing is not good? Mai Ball is not good?

Captain Tsubasa is not good.

>Gintama
Which has a few months left

Both gonna get axed. Demon plan looks interesting, but mc looks stupid girly cuz of hair like nisekoi.

I'd wish these guys would stop feminizing males. It's fucking stupid and not cool. They literally bust be desperate to put out something different and unique/"progressive" more like regressive.

Jumps really hit the shitter after OP gintama and BnH are gone.

Ole Golazo will last the same as Red Sprite.

Kimitsu no yaiba is good and I'm pretty sure it's gonna stick around

>in 2010 it was revealed that he has a shitty contract of 10% for each volume sale.
If that's true, it's a bit above the average contract which would gave him 8%.

順 変動 作品名 平均
1 → ONE PIECE 2.03 (△0.4)
2 → 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3.12 (▼0.58)
3 → ハイキュー!! 4.22 (△0.02)
4 → ブラッククローバー 5.03 (▼0.64)
5 → 約束のネバーランド 6.25 (△1.04)
6 → 左門くんはサモナー 8.12 (▼0.31)
7 → 火ノ丸相撲 8.63 (▼0.29)
8 → ゆらぎ荘の幽奈さん 9.28 (▼0.53)
9 → ワールドトリガー 9.46 (△▼0)
10 → 鬼滅の刃 10.48 (▼0.43)
11 → 銀魂 11.1 (▼0.48)
12 → トリコ 11.48 (△0.58)
13 → 斉木楠雄のΨ難 12.2 (△0.16)
14 → 背すじをピン!と〜鹿高競技ダンス部へようこそ〜 12.37 (△0.85)
15 → 食戟のソーマ 13.35 (△1.07)
16 → ラブラッシュ! 16.11 (△▼0)
17 * 歪のアマルガム 16.62 *
18 ↓ レッドスプライト 16.9 (▼0.19)

Why does he even care? If fujos are what makes it sell well, then why try to push them away? If he just keeps doing what he's doing(not even pandering to them, just doing a good manga about volleyball), then the fujos will enjoy it, and the people who like the sports will enjoy it

Alright

Fuyo bait garbage

Turned into garbage, one note evil adults

5/10 sport series about just the sumo

Never seen a series consisting of nothing but ideas from others.

>Fuyo bait garbage
confirmed for never watching/reading it. Haikyuu has basically no fujo pandering. I avoided it for the longest time because I thought it would be gay as hell, but I was so wrong

Precedent. When Dragon Ball ended, Shonen Jump got a massive drop in ratings. It took the combined efforts of Slam Dunk, YYH, and One Piece to get the magazine back to its former glory.

While other magazines don't have One Piece, they also don't rely fully on their flagship titles. Weekly Shonen Sunday doesn't focus on nothing but Fairy Tail, for instance.

I would rather label it as unremarkable myself. Everything it does, something else have done it, and better. The love for the sport is not even displayed well enough by the author. Giant Killing might be the only interesting team-sport manga right now.

This

Kishi has 20 and Kubo 50. Says a lot really...

I didn't say it was some revolutionary title, but I just can't stand people calling it fujoshit just because fujoshi like it. It's nothing like something like Yuri on Ice, Free, or Tiger and Bunny

YYH ended before DB. Also One Piece premiered over a year after Slam Dunk ended.

What really happened was One Piece, Hunter×Hunter and Naruto along with the final years of Kenshin helped soften the loss of Slam Dunk, which was bigger than Dragon Ball. Even then circulation never recovered back to the Golden Age numbers.

Nothing is going to stop the decline. Every manga magazine is losing subscribers, it's a worldwide phenomenon, all print media is dying and there's no saving it. Even the most popular manga in history hasn't stopped Jump from losing readers every year. Just a natural consequence of the digital age, every publisher should prepare for online publishing.

>Tiger and Bunny = Fujo
>Haik = Not fujo
Pot and kettle mate. You are bias right now. But honestly, no need to be so triggered when you don´t think is all that great yourself.

Nah man, T&B got pretty homo at some points, and I don't even look for that kind of stuff

That's Weekly Shonen Magazine. And they have Nanatsu too, though thatm's not much either

>stop that by making girls show up a little bit more
They seem pretty popular with fujos though.

In Japan, Gintama's anime is where its success comes from, not its manga.