Why hold architecture contests for future planned mars ''''''''''''''''''colonies'''''''''''''''''' if we haven't even...

Why hold architecture contests for future planned mars ''''''''''''''''''colonies'''''''''''''''''' if we haven't even managed to colonize 100% of the planet?

Where are the ocean habitats? or our sprawling cities in Antarctica?
Seems like a load of bullshit to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/rothera/
bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/halley/
bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/signy/
youtube.com/watch?v=zaCPJrx8U0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's "art" taking over from science to dumb us down. we should be doing mass research on the types of bacteria and eventual ecosystems that can ALREADY survive on mars.

Mars is the base from which you can make rocket fuel.

From Mars you have access to the asteroid belt and vast amounts of resources.

Mars is our best hope for a White Ethno-planet.

Can't even fix problems down here and they're already theory crafting, worlds gonna go to shit real soon with this overpopulation and declining arable land.

It's easier to colonize mars because there's no niggers to try and civilize there

>Surface colonies
enjoy your cancer

This.
Living on Mars will be a lot like living in an underground mall.

It's basically a contingency plan for the human race.

Right now our entire species is restricted to a single planet, meaning if something were to happen here that would pretty much be it for us.

Having humans on 2 different planets will ensure our continual survival.

they should focus on making a complete set of plans before trying to design shit on mars
t. work for subcontractor

Mars is far away enough from niggers. Maybe

Please point our the native people of antarctica and the vast emptyness of the pacific ocean to me.

It's just a way for art students to feel good about "the science". In reality, NASA will design a habitat that will actually work instead of one that would be on the cover of some budget sci-fi novel.

>he dont know of the antarctica space nazis
oh boy

>or our sprawling cities in Antarctica?
Presently illegal. The world has agreed to limit what we do on antarctica to prevent us damaging it.

>what is 'elite space cruise'>perishing during the certain and inevitable apocalypse on earth

If it's USA or Europe that does the colonizing, it won't be for long. If the Chinese, then maybe.

Niggers have already been in space. If you think you can establish a colony with no blacks or Jews then you will fail.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the world's #1 proponent of Mars colonization is a Saffer.

Planet South Africa is coming sooner than you think - the number of Africans in the world increases by 87,000 every single day.

In a best case scenario, where refuelable rocket technology is completely perfected and a rocket is basically a 747, a trip to Mars would still cost $200,000 per person

Britain has colonies in Antarctica retard

How do you think the colonisation process is executed nigger?

Unless you are counting shit like the Falklands, then the most we have is research stations etc.

Why is that? What are they bringing to the table?

We put this nigger in charge of NASA and look how much he accomplished, on his watch NASA stopped sending people into space entirely and opened its first Muslim Outreach Program

>Mars
>not titan

some cuck with a soyboy name, asked him this during his tedX, "why are you worrying about all this starship science when we haven't solved other shit like niggers in africa" he just said "I wan't to be happy when I think about the future"
Elon Musk is man among niggers fuggin guy :DD

So this is how it will look like. Blue/white blobs. Imagine having a job that allows you to think creatively and this is what you come up with.

Who the fuck cares if humans survive as a species? If people in charge fuck up so bad that they destroy life for me, I want to drag them with me to hell. If me and my people won't survive, no one shall.

Mars colonies only allow the the really rich to have a retreat option if they fuck things up here.

desu he couldn't do much with their budget
Obama killed the Constellation Program and set NASA decades back

>sprawling cities in an endless wasteland of ice where nothing grows and no resources of any kind exist, thousands of miles away from anything that matters or supports human life

neck yourself tardlet

(((the really rich)))

Yup, surely you want mechanical/civil engineers designing the structures on Mars, who give a fuck what they look like for now.

>no resources of any kind exist
And you're calling somebody else stupid

>not subterranean
it's like they want infertility and cancer.

Also, can babies even gestate on Mars with the lower gravity?

Antarctica is literally full of coal, big whoop

>From Mars you have access to the asteroid belt and vast amounts of resources.
ugh, are you one of those asteroid mining retards?

Because if humanity is concentrated in one planet only , you risk killing everyone.

Learn2Portfolio Theory
Learn2RiskManagement

Do you 56%:ers learn anything in school these days?

>worlds gonna go to shit real soon with this overpopulation and declining arable land.
No, we need Jews to stop pushing Islam and American (((Christians))) to stop going to third world countries and taking away abortions and birth control.

We need to promote birth control and abortions on a massive scale in the third world and it'll be embraced as long as we get these kikes out.

And why do you believe that is not actually mostly subterranean? It probably is...

>Jews will be the first ones to mars
The future mars colonies don't even have a chance

There are volcanic caves that would need far less material to block off than a huge ass dome that would just kill all life inside of it as it is basted in radiation.

Had to take the moon landings now TO MARS AND BEYOND!!!!

The surface radiation on Mars is ~20μSv per hour.

You wouldn't want to lay out on a rock naked but considering the cold and near-vacuum would kill you long before the radiation does, that's a moot point. Meanwhile, even the flimsiest building would screen almost all of that shit out.

Lava tubes are a meme. They are incredibly dangerous to operate inside of.

>mars is our best hope for a white ethno planet
EARTH WILL BE A WHITE ETHNO PLANET you god damn ultimate white flight blackpill cuck

Because what good does antarctic settlements do? Mars is a new planet and a first step into the last frontier.

Domes are stupid haven’t we proved pyramids do better in sandstorms?
^~^~^~ this is what we need triangles
Wind hits it curves up sandstorm diverted and isn’t hurled into the atmosphere
Triangle is best shape for colonizing

>an underground mall
With the right aesthetic, that could be comfy as fuck

This. If we don't turn the tide of self-destruction and dysgenic ruin that is preparing to wash over all of human civilization, there will be no getting off this rock for any of us.

Part of architecture is efficiency with materials. While this has obvious applications in solar system occupation it automatically can be used on earth. As far as living on the ocean floor or antartica we can use unmanned prones and sensors to study much of what is on earth. Scientists are sadly subject to budget.

>They are incredibly dangerous to operate inside of.
Most volcanic activity on mars is extinct. It's not an active planet and you would resurface them on the inside. It's an open space for a radiation shield.

Besides the hundreds that have been working for nasa for decades right?

>surface modules
AHAHAHAHAHA

Ever notice how every time someone tries that, the first (and only) ones to destroy them are whites?

The Nazis weren't defeated by lower races, and neither were the Confederates, or the Boers, or the Rhodesians. A significant plurality of whites is and always has been pro-white genocide.

>draw some gay spheres
>add some lens flare
>talk about whatever climate systems are necessary

Omg MIT so smart pls take my money

>Why hold architecture contests for future planned mars ''''''''''''''''''colonies'''''''''''''''''' if we haven't even managed to colonize 100% of the planet?
We need to start colonizing other planets soon to hedge our bets on the survival of our species.

>People still believe in Mars colonization

Hahahah fucking retards, the amount of time, energy and resources to establish even an outpost for the purpose of civilian growth is sheer lunacy. All that effort could be put to better use and with better planetary/satellite alternatives rather than the useless wasteland that is Mars.

Go colonize Europa or another one of the moons orbiting the outer planets and you'll have exponential better luck than dumbfuck Mars.

Titan is only good for a giant robotic factory and supercomputers. But how the fuck can you know that.......

>nobody sent imperial cathedrals designs
We will never colonize mars & the adeptus mechanicus will never come to be

antarctica is made of ice fucktard

these designs are stupid.

too much glass or clear plastic.

they should make them lower with high angles on the side so if theres a storm the wind blows over/deflects rocks.

they can also deoxygenate the atmosphere by finding the handprint in the mountain glacier

btw the movie total recall was about removing restrictions on the people allowing them to "breathe".

all tribes get their own planet, or equivalent of one.

>yfw this is THE ONLY practical solution to all of our conflicts

It's not. It's an actual continent. Frozen, but not sea ice.

low angles like a ramp*

or integration into the land scape like earth ship houses

t. Irish nigger
Shut the hell up, a quarter of the Antarctic belongs to Britain

Technically, but we do not have actual colonies on the continent of antarctica. This being because it's the fucking southern ice cap...

Yes we do unpatriotic retard. You need to be sentenced to the Tower of London

Please point them out.

Throw in a Sbarros and an Orange Julius and I'll do it. Oh yeah maybe a Hot Topic

Have you ever looked at a map?

With your other colonies

>The term "British Overseas Territory" was introduced by the British Overseas Territories Act 2002, replacing the term British Dependent Territory, introduced by the British Nationality Act 1981. Prior to 1 January 1983, the territories were officially referred to as British Crown Colonies
Until the 1980's they were OFFICIALLY known as Crown COLONIES

bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/rothera/
>Rothera Research Station

bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/halley/
>Halley VI Research Station

bas.ac.uk/polar-operations/sites-and-facilities/facility/signy/
>Signy Research Station

what part of Crown COLONY don't you understand? I bet you're an invader from the EU

Where are the colonists?

>inb4 scientific expeditions

Why would we want to ruin even more of our beutiful planet when we can go to barren planets and just harvest their rich resources?

These are some beautiful, brutish aryan onions

>why isn't there any cities wtf it's not a Colony, we just own the land, the British flag flies there, the people living there are British, everything is British about it except it's not a colony

It's easier to build colonies in other worlds, than to build colonies underwater.

No one lives there. There are research teams to maintain the reseach stations and do science, but they are not permanent residents. The closest actual permanent British colony to there is the Falklands or Sandwich islands.

I wish we got rid of all you papist potato niggers. As long as britanias flag flies there, it is rightfully our colony.

It's a gimmick to distract you from the fact the US will never go to space again when whites become a minority

It is British (or rather the BAT is), but a colony is a particular thing, which it is not.

you literally can't tell the difference between a liveable colony and a research center, jesus christ, does maple syrup cause brain cancer?

>colonies on Mars
>ever

We have like 0.4% chance that we will ever achieve this. And it will not be achieved by the government (NASA, Roscosmos etc.) but most likely by some private company.

It's a British crown colony that's literally what it was called until the PC brigade changed the name to overseas territory in the 80's.
Can you retards get this through your thick Irish skulls?

People typically think of a settlement when they think of the word colony. A colony usually involves settlers living,growing, and expanding. You are not expanding into anatarctica because it is not particularly liveable or worth the effort. You have research centers on frozen british land, but not even a minimally successful colony.

It was legally called a British crown COLONY for over 80 years.

nasa promised to have man'd stations on mars by like 2030 or some shit

The reason for the change is because some of them, such as the BAT and BIOT, do not actually have permanent residents and are instead either military or research bases.

They are still governed by the Uk, have the queen as head of state nd so on, but *nobody lives there* (In fact no one would, because they are blasted wastelands at the ends of the earth which only have strategic and/or scientific value).

Titan is fucking -180C average

Here's what Varg has to say about all this. What do you guys think? I don't buy the radiation argument, technology DOES improve, and to think our shielding capabilities will never get better is silly. But I can't help but agree that beyond just doing it for "exploration's" sake, there is no real point in leaving this planet. There is nothing out there that isn't already here. To think that we would ever find another garden world...I don't know, I just can't believe it. Maybe they exist, but surely we will never find them. Its just wastelands out there, hell and the void. And yet, if we don't leave, supposedly in many hundred of millions of years the sun will burn us all away as it begind to expand. Does it even matter? Will we even exist anymore then? I used to think space travel was a good idea, but now I think it's just another stupid meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=zaCPJrx8U0E

NASA also promised to have manned stations on Mars by 1980

There's literally no other incentive to colonize the solar system.
Asteroid mining is what'll pay for it.

>interplanetary civilization is supposedly easier than genociding the kikes and figuring out at leisure what to do with all non whites

I've heard this before. Tends to get some hype, then they realise they don't really have the budget and they're scared of losing more by killing an astronaught, so it gets shelved again.

It is.

In the same way that building a space station was literally easier, faster and cheaper than building a railroad from Los Angeles to San Francisco

It's about ensuring our survival when where we are now is destroyed and about furthering our power. It's the single most important task humanity has and everything should be geared towards the goal

To what end though? And why even bother surviving if it means living in a wasteland world? As I said, we will probably never find or be able to reach any kind of garden world. Seems like 99% of rocky planets are just wastelands, and to find and colonise the 1% that aren't, we would need hyperfast FTL travel, which is probably also just a meme. We are destined to die on this rock or some shittier one next door, mark my words.