Your Name / Kimi no Na wa / 君の名は

Any other EU/UK/AU peeps see it over the past few days?

Fantastic film, and easily Makoto Shinkai's best work, even if it trod much the same ground as some of his earlier stuff. On which note, the ending nearly made me rage (until the thing happened); though I was kinda disappointed in the lack of an epilogue, because the story didn't reward the viewer so much for all the buildup and I mistakenly thought someone on here mentioning a post-credit scene.

Either way, watching anime on the big screen made for a cool experience, and it really showcased the amazing detail of CoMix Wave's art.

>you will never get drunk on your waifu's saliva

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SeCMeAv56sA
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtube.com/watch?v=3t8tDqQwHcU
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

glad to hear it made bank in the UK, hope they bring it back for some more screenings, I had friends that wanted to go but didn't make it. It deserves more than just a one-night showing imo.

Don't get yout hope up on epilogue when watching Shinkai's film.

My local odeon is showing it everyday for a week now I presume because the showing at the picture house cinema sold out entirely.

My cinema was only showing the dub, but the voices really weren't too bad, and i absolutely loved the film.

>glad to hear it made bank in the UK
Did it?
That's pretty cool.

My Ausfag theater was only about 1/5th full, but I went to a midday showing, live in the least-populated capital, and it's running the whole week up to 30th.

lucky fuck
I booked tickets when the dates were announced back in Sept and thats the only one we got.

Might go see it again tonight. I'll only be shitposting on Sup Forums otherwise.

NA has to wait till 2017

That's the worst, when in 2017 exactly?

>you will never get drunk on your waifu's saliva

Man that scene looks so good.

The scene where it was made, or the other one?

When she was in the miko costume and spitting the sake. I want to drink her spit.

I've already watched the DVD screener but I'll be going to watch it in cinemas tomorrow. Should be fun.

ID here, going on 7th of December. Despite there was a huge scandal about the translation quality.

You going to multiple locations?

>spoiler

Explain. The subs I had were okay even if a bit too localise at times.

I rarely say this without spec of irony or jest, but it's 100% Masterpiece.

It was like combination of early Satoshi Kon and Makoto Shinkai strongest strenghts. A goddamn Gurren-Lagann of anime industry.

10/10. Would drink again.

Anyone else think it felt like watching a 5 or 6 episode tv animu series instead of a theatrical production?

Was it originally written to be a TV?

Okay, I thought you might have meant the scene where it was drank; which itself was pretty amazingly animated.

Can't wait for the BDs. Gonna need 2 hands for this one.

I saw it in Stockholm at one of the only two showings the entire Nordic region had. It was a great movie, but me and my friends had really shitty seats so I had to look up in the ceiling for most of the show which ruined a lot of the eye candy for me. I'll have to watch it again to really know what I think of it.

I understood the Japanese and the subs were way above average. They even handled the gender-bending honorifics joke scene quite well.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SeCMeAv56sA
“Buat aku tampan, anak Tokyo di kehidupanku berikutnya” is now a trending meme here.

I was actually made more upset by the thing that happened at the end because I had resigned myself to it not happening and I was okay with that and then they did the thing and then I felt like I was double robbed.

Gonna need 2 hands for what?

I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. It really stood out.

MEME MAGIC IS ALIVE

By Taki?

Yeah it was really nice scene when he was tripping the fuck out after drinking that 5+ year old spit sake.

Agreed. Here are some of my favorite tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

>least populated capital

Darwin? disgusting

My favourite by far is the ending song.

Best version is sung by Mitsuha herself
youtube.com/watch?v=3t8tDqQwHcU

I meant RADelaide.
I forget Darwin exists sometimes.

Yep. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I was trying to avoid spoiling people.

Jerking off to the BDrips. Or hell, the movie was good enough I might import the BD myself.

That was the weirdest shit. So, I saw the movie in Stockholm, and the audience genuinely laughed out loud at that scene. I'm surprised anyone got the joke at all.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

why are you jerking off to it

>came here after hearing people rave about outside of the theatre
>Sup Forums actually likes it
Not sure how this makes me feel. I guess I just actually have good taste?

Really they laughed at everything. Every single boob touching scene was followed by bouts of laughter -- it really wasn't that funny.

Can confirm.
I think people laughed more at the fact that they 'got' the joke rather than it actually funny.

Of course Sup Forums likes it. It's the same with Sup Forums loving the Dark Knight Rises.

It's the meme bias.

Yeah they laughed like madmen there too. That was kind of funny though and a much easier joke to understand. I'm just surprised anyone at all other than the few nips in the audience laughed at the gender honorfics because I honestly don't think the subs did a great job of explaining it and I doubt everyone in the audience understood watashi/watakushi/boku/ore and what makes them different from the other.

Oh well, it's all good though. It'd be worse if they didn't laugh at all.

Also, everyone started clapping their hands when the movie was over.

Were you in Stockholm too?

Nah, I loved this movie but it wasn't that great objectively speaking. Just learn to embrace your shit taste, dumb frogposter.

I assume most of the people there watch or have watched anime before so they understand that there's a feminine and a masculine way to refer to yourself.

>Also, everyone started clapping their hands when the movie was over.Also, everyone started clapping their hands when the movie was over.
Yes, people in my cinema clapped as well. I spoke to some other people and it was the same. I'm not sure why though.

>Were you in Stockholm too?
Australian here.

>watakushi
I only know of honorifics from anime, but from recollection isn't watakushi at the top of the honorific totem pole; anachronistic, and bordering on flamboyant?

>Ausfags clapping at the end of movies
I thought this was just a thing Americans did.

I never got how this movie relates to the meme. Can someone explain?

Didn't have enough incest or fan service for you, huh?

I watched it in a theatre with subs that was decently packed. I think most of the people in there were weabs (a majority were Asians of the high school age) and that scene had everyone cracking up.

Lurk indefinitely.

>I thought this was just a thing Americans did.
This is the first time I've ever been to a movie and had the audience clap at the end.

If i had a dime for every Kimi no Nawa threads made on Sup Forums, i could make my own Sup Forums.

Any good wallpaper?

Planning to make a mouse pad since the cow is back.

You know the level of shitposting this got and continues to get makes me even question if this exists.

I genuinely do not trust my perception of reality as far as this is concerned.

Can't wait for Sup Forums to call it absolute garbage when it gets a BD release.

How was Mitsuha's voice?

Regarding this: I'm surprised they actually went for a few panty shots on Taki in Mitsuha's body in a movie of this scale. I don't know, it just felt weird.

I love how there's often two waves on popular media- one for when it comes out, another for when the pirated release comes out.

Well, you're not wrong.
Not even a full 5 minutes into the film and Japan couldn't resist a teenage girl panty shot and groping jokes. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

They're already doing that.

Meh, the groping jokes were alright, after all, everyone has at some point been asked what they would do if they somehow woke up as the opposite gender one day.

It'll be the first legit criticism this film gets. Its like everyone watched a completely different film or couldn't look past the pwetty visuals to see how generic and barebones the plot was.

If you ask me, there was too much plot. Body swapping, alright. The time gap, alright. The meteor, starting to get a bit crowded. Magic Shinto tree in an ancient crater with magic spit sake and metaphors about braided cords representing the threads of time? Come on Shinkai. All this, along with the three or so insert song segments, made the movie feel almost tiring to watch. It's impressive that the movie was pretty enjoyable nonetheless, though.

the 2nd half is at a breakneck speed

Spoiler this shit you retard

I will shit my pants if Shinkai notices Keit-ai and turns it into another Densha Otoko.

>plot

It's called forced drama

>People left after the last scene and didn't stay for based RADWIMPS during the credits

My favorite part of this movie was definitely the music.

>people didn't stay for the post credits epilogue scene

Made the ending so much more satisfying.

stop meming
i stayed until they turned the lights back on

Well let's pray that doesn't happen then, user

>you will never body swap with a qt japanese village girl, have a second life in some beautiful temple and end up living happily ever after with your soul mate
Fucking depressing to be honest.

Just got back from watching it. Stupidly breathtaking visuals as usual. Really teasing right through to the last scene. Nice to have a happy Shinkai film. Great film. Weird shilling/placing of insert songs. I didn't expect an OP in a movie. Thats rare even for Chinese Cartoons.

It's showing again in a lot of places over the next few weeks. Like there's 6 showings in Bristol between now and Monday night.

I think it depended on the copy your theatre got. Some theatres didn't have the copy with the epilogue scene.

Is CGV Blitz the only theaters carrying this? I want XXI.

ok dude ya sure

You'll be able to watch it when the brrip comes out at any rate, it's not like you're missing out.

Holy shit you aren't kidding. The cringe will detract from the movie. Is it possible for the theaters to show eng only subs?

I just want to let you know that I'm not impressed, I'm not scared, I'm just disappointed.

Feel free to stop posting, anytime.

Though it was great. It's good to know he can pull of a full length movie after how mediocre children who chase lost voices was.

He just remembered he's not Miyazaki.

I have booked a ticket to see it here in NZ. I wonder how many other anons will be seeing it alone...

>still no screenings in my country
why

How is Garden of Words, is it as good as this one?

Loved 5cm/s though I don't want to rewatch it. Kimi no Na wa's ending is a good retribution for 5cm/s.

The screening i went to showed the dub version for 20 minutes, they shut it off and came out to apologise and said this screening was meant to be the subbed version and put the film back to the beginning as the subbed version. Everybody clapped

I hope nobody walked out during that time. I know I would have.

I thought Garden of Words was Shinkai's best. Being shorter means it's more focused and better paced, and the characters are better fleshed out than Kimi no Na wa too.

did anyone tear up

>he fell for the Shinkai : the hack

>he fell for the chick flick
kek

>and the characters are better fleshed out than Kimi no Na wa too
I found them much less likeable

>still no US showings other than LA
Get your shit together, Funimation. You're letting us be beaten by the Europoors.

>tfw it showed in every city in australia
>tfw it even showed in some non cities

Anyone have an artsmoo coupon for the mousepad? I need a new Shinkai mousepad

So, any showings in Germany down the line?

Had a look through the parts of the German anime-related web I know of and found nothing.

ye it was kinda shit but the more realistic slice of life stuff was neat

>watching anime in a cinema
>going to a cinema

So much wrong here

No, but the movie made me feel like shit nonetheless.

>Horrible pacing
>The development of the two main characters were clearly rushed
>Too many insert songs that took away meaningful screen time
>Noticeable drop in visual quality compared to Shinkai's previous work (most likely because of longer duration)
Plot was actually the only thing that's better. Mixture of supernatural and time traveling stuff are a nice touch. That being said, I kinda get why the Japanese love it though. The movie caters to a wide range of audience compared to 5cm/s or Garden of Words.

GIVE ME A MITSUHA GF RIGHT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>passing up the opportunity to watch anime in a cinema