So with the two recap movies set to start, any of you hope it will improve the fuck ups the anime series did?

So with the two recap movies set to start, any of you hope it will improve the fuck ups the anime series did?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-24/overlord-anime-compilation-project-split-into-2-films-with-myth-roid-music/.109158

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEtJ83c8LWg
dn.se/sthlm/nio-alternativ-till-feministisk-snorojning/
translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.dn.se/sthlm/nio-alternativ-till-feministisk-snorojning/&edit-text=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the fuck ups
Huh?

>fuck ups
There were none.
They cut out some plot, dialogue and scenes and altered character designs a bit.
That was all.

If this sells well what chance for it to get a second season?

I wouldn't want to put too much hope on it. It's really up in the air whether it would succeed. I'm still surprised to see the KanColle movie fail so hard.

>Vol1
>Vol2
>Movies
user what do you want S2 for?
For fucking lizards or Climb?
I think movies is the good thing.
It's better to have movies covering volumes in between LN releases.
It would be a good marketing move too: this way the hype will not go down.

Maruyama already said that the movie would have new scenes and that a new chara would appear (probably referring to Albedo's sister and her scene).

Which is okay but Shalltear/Brain and Black Scripture got shafted pretty hard.

If this 1 volume=1 OVA movie then we're probably going Hellsing Ultimate route, and that's magnificent.

I'd rather have 1 movie for 1 vol, way better quality.

>or Climb?
I liked this part.

Does anyone in Japan actually watch these recap movies? The entire concept is baffling.

yes. but not a whole lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=jEtJ83c8LWg
What fuck ups?

To be fair, if it's just recap then it's baffling, but if they're doing like said and switching into OVA styled releases then it's good, hell Ultimate did it amazingly, and we can treat S1 like Hellsing S1 is treated.

So guys, came across interesting comment on spell prefixes, how true is this?
>Silent prefix for spells isn't actually being able to cast spells without speaking the spell out loud like everybody thinks in NW, it's a counter to Silence spells which allows mages to still cast spells at the drawback of higher mana cost.

I mean I know Yggdrasil wise players spoke their spells out so their teammates know what's coming, but this seems fishy.

This more of a remake than a recap, guess they don't want to admit they fucked up the 1st season and have to do this now.

>new content
>new original characters by so-bin
>improved art/animation

>two recap movies

I'm still deciding if I want to watch the anime of this at all. I just got finished reading all of the LNs for it, and I'm remarkably pissed off at the cliffhanger at the end of volume 11. I mean all of the volumes were cliffhangers of sorts, but the one they dropped at the end of 11 actually seemed significant in comparison.

Damn I'm mad.

Idk, cliffhanger at the end of vol2 was also pretty big one with Shalltear's betrayal news. Also the end of vol5 with Ainz' arrival at Sebas' mansion. But I also understand the difference between those and this one. There's almost 8-9 months of wait for next vol release as well.

Fair point, the one at the end of volume 2 would likely have been fairly significant as well if I didn't get to immediately move on to volume 3. I didn't really care about the Sebas one though, I didn't see any reason Ainz would really punish Sebas in the end.

I mean the cliffhanger is more than likely going to be coming down to the Theocracy sending out their 'God-Kins', AKA Player children, and they killed Ainz. He has the cash shop ring which revives him though, so the question is just if he lost exp and levels or not, but since it's a cash shop item chances seem low. I suppose he might have dropped some items too since that's supposedly how PVP worked in the game.

Still, yes, waiting several months for it will stink.

I doubt that. Seeing how nonchalant Lupus was about it, its most likely one of Demuirge's ploys. And since its something about Jaldaboath and Holy Kingdom, we may get Momon, Blue Rose and maybe some other admantite team's involvement in this as well.

Anything and everything that is connected to Jaldaboath is gonna die that arc. Ainz is gonna take care of all loose ends.
>Blue Rose+Brian will die.
Entoma will redeem herself just like Shalltear did.

Yes but if everything works out you only wait 3 months? after vol 12 to get vol 13. So its now a cliffhanger but the real story behind it will be with vol 12 and the conclusion with 13. Seems to be a rather big event happening considering both vol will be about the holy kingdom.

>I doubt that. Seeing how nonchalant Lupus was about it
She seems pretty nonchalant about everything from the dialogues we see with her. If Ainz revived immediately afterward it wouldn't be a big deal overall, but it would definitely rile all of the former NPCs up quite a bit. That's why she might be leaving for a while, all of the NPCs might be getting taken temporarily to completely level the Slane Theocracy.

Why are they doing this instead of making S2?

With any luck, if this is financially successful enough to prove to Enterbrain/the studios/whoever that this is a series with a fanbase who are still willing to eat it up and the a second season would make a justifiable amount of money. Unlikely, but here's to hoping

If Ainz loves children so much (Nemu, Mare, Aura), why doesnt he try to have some of his own? Also whether undead can reproduce or not should be interesting to him if he loves to experiment so much.

Albedo, enough with trans-dimensional fiddling, Ainz is gonna get mad.

Ainz loves the children of the guild, he doesn't necessarily love children a great deal. The fact he took Nemu on a tour of the Tomb was more than likely due to the fact that he could show off the place he built with his friends to someone who could appreciate it. Anything she said to Nfirea or Enri they'd just take as possible exaggerations.

Ainz loves the children.

Only if they're collectibles.

Did someone say collectible children?

I'm not giving you my child!

Then she should just make some with Ainz-sama. What would happen if she and the Dragonoids from floor 6 mated?

Grudge.

The anime was rushed to shit and skipped a ton of shit. Also Albedo armor. And no Cizu. And probabaly a ton of other little shit.

Would he go full suicide mode and try to beat a level 55 Dragonoid?

Eh, Lizardmen bow to strength.
He'd probably be grateful for genepool enrichment by such powerful entity.

The lizard arc would fit nicely into a movie though.

What level would he be at by now anyways? Figure he's been training in the Tomb for well over a year at this point, and he has adamantium armor now on top of any levels he got.

He will. And then we'll get another Eclipse-like event

>people want season 2 instead of a movie adaptation for each vol

Why?

>Why?
Anime only fags and having to wait 2 to 3 times longer for material that's gonna go further than S1.

The difference is that the Lizardmen are becoming more advanced than the Kingdom while Sweden is going to be a 3rd World country.

Oh Sweden, you never fail to amuse me. Your latest plan, feminist snow plowing, was a glorious failure. Please continue to serve as an example of what not to do.

>feminist snow plowing
Here I was ready to tell you to go to another board, but after Googling this phrase I find that it's actually not embellishing it at all. "Gender Equal" snow removal plan, what the fuck Sweden.

So now that Sup Forums discusses Overlord, what kind of policies will Ainz pursue on the SKAOG?

>Implying he won't just have Demiurge or Albedo handle policies like that

You're welcome, user. I know that when I read up on that story it left me cackling for a while.

you already know what pic this is

>recap movies

So are we talking about actually good recap movies like Madoka, or are we talking about fucking awful recap movies like TTGL?

Gotta say, I'm not really all that interested.

Depends. Who is making them?

Reminder

Season 2 - 12 episodes of Lizard
Season 3 - 12 episodes of Climb

>Season 3 - 12 episodes of Climb
Just so god damned boring every single time he shows up. Almost no exception to that.

If Ainz and Albedo only had daughters wouldn't they all be sluts succubus? Who would be brave enough to fuck the daugthers of the big bad of the land?

dn.se/sthlm/nio-alternativ-till-feministisk-snorojning/ translation:

translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.dn.se/sthlm/nio-alternativ-till-feministisk-snorojning/&edit-text=

Now THAT was some funny shit.

Technically speaking jap series with monster girls usually/commonly run on trope that succubi breed only succubi, but since Overlord is going along D&D route, or just properfantasy instead their children would be succubi and/or incubi, plus whatever race Ainz changed into if he did to get a dick.

>Who would be brave enough to fuck the daugthers of the big bad of the land?

Probably the guy who tried to fuck Albedo in vol 10

>plus whatever race Ainz changed into if he did to get a dick
Clearly he just needs to find the 'Create Dick' spell.

>Implying that his daughters wouldn't go full daddy issues
Holy shit, they would be 10 times worse than the guardians.

I'm sure at least one of them would have mommy issues.

PA will start the Nazarickjugend, put up statues, and invade Poland. I mean, the Theocracy.

The underground chambers Mare is digging will be used as the Final Solution to undesirables. Lizzie is already developing Zyklon N for maximum removal of inferior lifeforms.

>Enter Dwarf kingdom expecting Dwarf lolis
>leave with Dragon harem

This works fine I guess

Only 18 of them though, and they're pretty much all blood related. Would they force the Nazarick dragons to breed with such low level frost dragons?

M-me too, I thought I was alone

Their wombs would shatter the moment 1 drop of Sebas's semen enters it

Feels really nostalgic.

>12 episodes of climb
I'll just skip it like I do the light novels.

>Who would be brave enough to fuck the daugthers of the big bad of the land?

The question isn't brave enough, it's stupid enough, and the answer is Phillip.

>wouldn't they all be sluts succubus?
They would be skelly demons, possibly like angels of death, and considering that Ainz is pure and Albedo is a virgin who only loves one man, probably not. The possibility of desires for incest exists.

I think Ainz would be a good dad, but Albedo would probably be a shit mom who cares more about Ainz then her own children, willing to sacrifice them if it meant keeping Ainz around.

I think he meant the level 90 cash summon dragons that serve Aura.

>Dragon harem
I dont think Shalltear is into dragons.