Why don't World's Fairs happen anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world's_fairs
youtube.com/watch?v=mkQ2pXkYjRM
youtube.com/watch?v=cpOQE5KJJds
youtube.com/watch?v=GCsyXSr7u-Q
historicaerials.com/viewer
maps.isgs.illinois.edu/ilhap/
clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu/webdocs/ilhap/county/data/cook/flight11/0bwq08050.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably because they spent more hosting it than they earned from it.

World’s not fair anymore. Haven’t you heard?

damn...

Maybe people would go if they held them in America instead of third world countries.

As proven by your digits, this is an interesting question. How about we go back a century, or two: People throughout the country were very eager to learn the latest inventions and to hear and get to see the newest discoveries. Science was not just mainstream in an entertaining sense, it was daily education for the masses. Engineers and scientist routinely gave shows and demonstrations to the people. In the end, it was also a business, so the went on and electrocuted an elephant for an argument at who was more gay: ac or dc.
That was the world back then, and naturally world fairs were huge happenings. You probably also need to factor in that the world was huge back then for the lack of proper/immediate communication channels. Sure, telegraphy was a thing, but it's usage can't be compared to what we have today.

risk of terrorism

Because some muslim would blow it up

Because niggers would ruin them.

...so, what happened? The world got smaller, and people lost interest in science, because what is invented and discovered nowadays can't be understood by your ordinary plebs. Because they're actively misinformed and miseducated. Education isn't about science any longer. It's about socialization and indoctrination. Hence plebs lose all interest in science and the many wonders of this world.
Back then, people were seriously excited to learn the news. But now? Meeeh...

Because we have like 10 million of them per year in every part of the civilized world.

- Auto shows
- E3
- TGS
- TED shit
- Blizzcon
- CES

The convention of motherfucking conventions before video games existed.

Imagine a world's fair today. It would be full of niggers and poos and chinks and arabs and no interesting high class white men would show up to make it actually interesting.

You think the world is too easily connected now to even need a World Fair?

Because you`d have to invite Russians.

What a shame. If I was a teen and saw THIS fuck yeah I'd want to go

wrong.
wrong.
wrong.

Yes, that was part of the argument. Those few people that are actually still interested in science (that is, just in that narrow field of their expertise) or informed instantly today with immediate access to research papers and in constant comunication with their science buddies/peers.

Because nowadays you can look up the latest gadgets and technology on youtube, if you are so inclined.

They're known as "Expo" now. Expo 2017 was in Kazakhstan.

The "World's Fair" is half assed now.

Needs to be yuge.

Video games, guns, sex robots, killer robots, future tech... that's what is missing. Some fucking robot wars in there.

How can you ask this and not know that they do happen still ?
Are you making efforts to stay misinformed?

They do. There was one in Kazakhstan this year. Next one's in Dubai in 2020.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world's_fairs

You have no idea how much effort has to be put into nigger-proofing big outdoor events. The entire reason the suburban indoor mall was invented was that niggers ruined the outdoor market in America after desegregation. Then they got bussed out to suburbia and ruined the indoor malls too. The introduction of hordes of mud people into Europe will soon have the same effect there.

They don't?

I had no idea that thing was so fucking big.

Literally where

>semantics
>implying it's still the same thing

Not bad. Not bad at all.

>though, because internet provides the info now

because nobody is inventing shit at the rate they were back then

these days it's a slow grind.

they do still have them, but under a different name. although they suck because no one cares about them anymore, and shitty countries are allowed to host. pic related from chicago world's fair 1893. no niggers back then.

big and glorious product of US STEEL

I’m in a university course about the Chicago World’s Fair which is a fascinating event and topic. But pretty much all we talk about is how Racist™ it was.

The 1893 Fair was incredible. located in a rich wealthy area of the city that is now one of the most niggified areas. Glorious mansions and houses are now trashed and turned into crackhouses
the 1933 fair was good too

>Education isn't about science any longer. It's about socialization and indoctrination
>"science shouldn't be mixed with how I feel and I feel like my penis is feminine and my supposed 58 year old 280lbs body feels more like a 12 year old 95lbs body. If you wont date me youre racist"

In those times, they were inventing:
>airplanes
>lightbulbs
>washing machines
>cars
>color TV's
>....etc.

these days we're getting:
>slightly faster processors
>slightly better actuators
>slightly improved image recognition
>slightly smaller cell phones

back then, the entire world was being rocked by major innovations every few years. These days it's not like that
Read the scientific scholarship, or the engineering that was going on back then. It's a different level.

youtube.com/watch?v=mkQ2pXkYjRM

Not always true, the Chicago World Fair actually made a small profit.
youtube.com/watch?v=cpOQE5KJJds
I recommend this video for anyone who likes history. It's an absolutely fantastic telling that will leave you yearning to travel back in time and to see the fair yourself.

how old are you?

That place is littered with spics now, literally Mexicans on every patch of grass in flushing meadow park has them playing soccer or occupying every square inch doing some Mexican bbq or just laying their fat asses around

back then people understood
>how electricity works
>how lightbulbs work
>how all kind of machines work
and they were amazed and eager to learn more.

Nowadays
>processors? Beats me. Something with 0 and 1?
>smart phones? Aren't there computers in there?
>cars? Uhhh.. something combustion something? Just kidding, we drive all tesla now, and nobody knows shit about anything. How many computers in a car? More than 500?
>AI? Neural networks? Not even academics have figured shit out. top kek. but who fucking cares, it works. somewhat. until it doesnt.

27. I live in Chicago and have driven through that area a few times. Its not a pretty sight. Hyde Park is still ok and UC but everything around that should be avoided

>anymore

slightly improving things is a better way to make money than risking cash on wild new ideas. one positive thing about strong governments is they have the foresight to care about and fund things that might not immediately make a quick buck

Information about new technology can be distributed in other ways now. It's an unnecessary event except maybe for a developing country to have an excuse to build useless sunspheres.

They used to hold World’s Fairs.

Checkmate.

you're pulling things out of your arse now
only a few people knew about that, the average Luigi and Hans only knew how many kg of animal dung was needed to fertilize his plot
the past is nice and all but who gets stuck in it has no future

Worlds fairs were literally consumerist Jewish psy-ops. Watch "The century of self"

Because the internet

It's a perfect example of modern America then
Once a proud self-sustaining state that now is overrun with spics who only shit on it

I have a bunch of old photographs in my basement my family took of the 1893 and 1933 Fairs. It's a shame that the area's pretty rough around the edges nowadays. Even most of Hyde Park is a no-go after dark.

Pic related, map for guests attending the '33 fair I have on my shelf. Has plenty of ads for all the events. Kinda funny that the suburbs ended at Niles and Skokie back in the day.

someone actually married that cunt on the right. good luck with that betasoy wherever you are

So just like Olympic games?

Because were are stagnating as a society. We don't innovate and even if we did, a worlds fair will be trashed by ghetto hoodlums within a week.

why do blcks ruin it all

thats pretty cool man

Damn, a whole dollar for a map?

Shame that even by '33 that area was all cleared out. Funny thing is on the overview map the I&M Canal is still there.

Yep. There's even ads for $0.50 Jai-Alai matches. May dump a few old ads for the hell of it since I have it out.

Fun fact: Chicago used to have a big streetcar network. I've heard rumors that there's still quite a few tunnels paved over you can find under manholes.

No point on celebrating all different nations when they are all the same nowadays.

There definitely would be diversity quotas. Some nigger trans that invented butter on a stick would be placed in a booth before a white males life changing invention. It's funny because it's not even a joke anymore, that would actually happen.

they still happen apparently

Jaialai and boxing, 30s entertainment

The internet happened. No need to hold a huge event when you can just tweet/facebook your inventions and have it go viral and let it take it's course.

Yes, dummy. World fairs were only cool (sort of) before rapid transportation and communication.
Just like high school reunions were only a thing before social media.

That short skirt isn't very trad

And great, a foldout ad for a medical clinic treating syphilis

i see old rails pop up under potholes and during roadwork occasioally around the city.
theres a FB group called forgotten chicago and users tend to post their images of exposed streetcar tracks from time to time

niggers and spics would ruin it, so what's the point?

youtube.com/watch?v=GCsyXSr7u-Q

nice 1st world infrastructure you've got there

That's actually pretty cool and sounds typical of the city. Just dump asphalt over our past without removing it. I'm actually in that FB group mostly for the North/Northwest city. Out along the Des Plaines River Trail there's a bunch of old farm ruins and even an old Prisoner of War Camp. Now is the best time to go since the leaves are all gone and the bugs aren't as bad.

Sounds neat, where can I get some more info? I'm in the south loop area but I could make the drive easily I'm sure

So did Denver and Omaha.
Most American cities used to have them.

White woman looks like a woman, is hot, and most guys would want to marry. Mexican is not attractive, has a body like a refrigerator, and spreading her many legs to expose her hairy bush. Disgusting. This is why everyone hates dreamers/anchor babies

If you want to waste the rest of your day check this site out:
historicaerials.com/viewer

You can superimpose '30s aerial photography with modern satellite imagery. If you use the 40s/50s topographic maps there's buildings marked. Here's the POW camp, it's just south of where Lake turns into Euclid in Des Plaines. If you go there today it's just a few foundations, a lone water pump, and some piping left over. If you just follow the river there's a few dozen structures you can walk to within a minute of the trail.

They do but no one has any desire to be great anymore.
So we are trapped in this mediocre world

Because people can't have nice things.
And some dumb fuck will kill innocent people because deep down, this boils too his or her "feelings" being hurt. This entire earth can put me down and I'd take it as a compliment for being thought of by billions. No skin off my ass.

This is also a good site, but it only has the 30's series of photographs. Good news is that they are in high resolution without watermarks.
maps.isgs.illinois.edu/ilhap/

Here's the site of the '33 World's Fair in 1938 in the lower right. Would be a shame to resize such a cool pic so I'll just post the link: clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu/webdocs/ilhap/county/data/cook/flight11/0bwq08050.jpg

Honest answer
White people with guns
They almost ruined theaters too
Just be thankful they aren’t crashing cars into people like other muhammads
That’s why we can’t have nice things anymore though they mess up everything
we caught a white guy trying to take a kid from a park like if he was an eagle taking a rabbit last year

Its an absolute tragedy what Chicago became.
This scene, this architecture, that is what America was. This is what we were building, it was our national identity.

So much of our history has been destroyed. People don't even remember what we've lost.

it would get bombed by muhammad

Hol up
*bites a slice of deep dish*
so you be saying
*da bears internally*
that we was
*plays blues guitar*
EUROPEAN CITIES AN SHIET?

niggers

im a big fan of historical aerials, and also the USGS Earth explorer site, where you download 100MPX aerial photos in high res. HA pulls alot of low res imagery from USGS so go to earthexplorer.usgs.gov to get the source.

sanborn fire insurance maps are cool too but for some reason they changed their system so I have to be logged on a school campus computer to access the data, even with a CPL account and a former school account.
but thanks for the heads up on the POW

Other sites of interest are some farm ruins and equipment at Willow/Sanders, some machinery in the woods (very hard to find) south of Willow, an orphanage with a filled in pool in Joliet, and a few old cabins in the Ryerson woods.

Also if you go around Deer Grove there's some old railroad trestles and rails off the trail but they are sort of a hike to get to.

Do you have have photos of the places youve been to?

You obviously have no concept of how violent and destructive the North American pavement ape truly is. A plague of locusts is more inviting to an infrastructure than these feral beasts. I invite you to take in the sights of the many colorful cities in the states such as Baltimore or Atlanta and then reassess your answer there bud.

>The 1893 Fair was incredible. located in a rich wealthy area of the city that is now one of the most niggified areas

Too bad it occurred in the middle of a terrible depression a few blocks from homeless people.

Yeah let me dig up some.

Here's some of the barracks remains at the POW camp. sorry for blur, I use a shitty cell phone cam.

>Jaialai
I remember when that shit was suppose to be "the next big sport"

Here's another POW camp foundation, this one was pretty intact.

Here's something odd, think it's an old water well. Part of a series of structures near Willow Road/Sanders

Yes it is, but its to be expected. Any time you get any type of nigger race in your area, you can't have good things. Niggers are good for nothing but destroying everything. Its just like alot of the low income housing units. Back in high school they put "low income" housing in a tiny area in my rural hometown. Nice neighborhoods all around that left their doors unlocked. And the "low income" housing was pretty insane. They were basically townhouses and nicer than any college apt i ever had, 2 stories, new everything etc. I knew a chick who lived in one and they were awesome. Poor income whites moved in and the place was great. The worst you would see is some guy with his shirt off working under the hood of an old muscle car in the summer. Flash forward 2 years later.........

The first niggers arrived. Immediately the place goes to hell. Poor whites moved out to escape the niggers that came in. 2 nigger families. Thats all it took. Drive in there now and it looks bombed out. Nothing but niggers, a few assorted white druggies/mudsharks, and a couple spics. Crime around the area went up 100 fold. Residents in nearby neighborhoods who own 200K houses and up all mostly moved to escape the filth. Niggers can now be seen walking down the sidewalk. Something that was unheard of years ago. This is what niggers do. If the world fair was still around, niggers would show up and destroy it. That is a fact.

Old farm equipment also near Willow/Sanders

thanks for these. You'll probably never get out to eastern US(?) but from Ohio eastward (PA, WV, etc) theres tons of this stuff, old asylums, schools, barns, etc all in the woods because the land isnt desirable enough to rezone it. Usually you'll find crumbling coal towns just waitng to be discoved after being abanonded for 70 years

It's held in secret every year. Only smart people know how to follow the clues to find it.

>they do still happen

Last one ended in September this year in Kazakhstan.

>Why don't World's Fairs happen anymore?
Wouldn’t be ‘inclusive’ enough because brown people produce very little of worth.

I've always wanted to check out those old boom towns. I've been to a few out West but there's all touristy so it's not fun. Unfortunately nothing I've encountered around Chicago is really "intact" as in multiple floors standing other than the old Joliet ironworks. Well...I guess there are INTACT buildings in the city but I'd be concerned about the current occupants.

When I was much younger in school I explored the old Park Ridge mall from the Blues Brothers and there were a bunch of crackheads inside. I guess standing buildings sort of attract those types of people.

Because it was just a big frigging carnival.
And fake.

>vr/augmented reality
>crispr
>learning algorithms that can out-compete the best Go players in the world
>reusable rockets
>quantum computers
>self-driving cars
>vtol vehicles the cost of a car
>printed organs
>cybernetics
on and on..
you just don't pay attention to what is going on or downplay major advances

the difference between whites and "white" hispanics in one picture.

Except that's not right, light bulbs were innovated for years for proper filament type and vacuum for years before widespread adoption. Airplanes didn't just come out at once, same with tvs. You're just confused with living a single human life time. Remember PCs have only existed in the mainstream since the late 80's and the internet since the late 90's. Look up some modern battery/alternative energy research or carbon recapture stuff. There's an energy cell that can capture and disperse electrical impulses and can prevent pain signals from traveling in nerves. It's still a big world out there.

It would be modern art hell. I don't want a world's fair to come back to the US. We have enough ugly metal blocks.