Why do people act like Shinji is some shining example of a relatable protagonist?

Why do people act like Shinji is some shining example of a relatable protagonist?

The only time I related to him in the slightest was when he regenerated his entire body using nothing but his desire to have sex with multiple women.

He's not relatable, he's a massive beta bitch boy with notable sexual confusion, daddy and mommy issues, way too much fucking responsibility for his age, a shit childhood and lack of social experience and his dad's a complete fucking dick to him, telling him he doesn't need him at all. Despite all of this, he still got in the robot and saved mankind.

How is that not relatable you faggot? (excluding the last part)

Everyone has a little shinji inside their heart, some are just afraid to acknowlege him.

He has shut himself away from the world, afraid to interact for fear of pain. He is very similar to otaku who use anime as a way to hide from the world.

I mean that's basically me, and I still think he's a trash bag.

this hits close home

I think there's a difference between relating to a character and feeling empathy for them, and people often confuse them.

>relatable
Who said this? I think you're missing the point user.

That's exactly me, sans the last sentence.

Also OP seems to agree with me on Misato's bestgirldom.

Reminder that Shinji is straight

>most romance he ever had was with a boy
>represses his feelings about Rei and Asuka constantly
he's not straight, but definitely not full-blown homo. shinji probably wants to be a girl just so he can disappoint his father even more

when I was 13 you would have had to lock me up to keep me out of a robot

He's bisexual.

Depending on how the robot works you wouldn't be so enthusiastic after the first time.

>shinji probably wants to be a girl
Confirmed in EoE.
No wonder he wanted Kaworu's cock so badly.

Fucking this.

Eva was supposedly born out of Anno's depression, and I think Shinji is very relatable to a lot of people who have themselves experienced depression or anxiety.

Have you ever watched eoe?

>saved mankind

Yeah right after he destroyed it

What was Anno depressed about anyway?

he didn't even want to get in it the first time. shinji is a little bitch and only little bitches relate to him.

>why do people relate to this character?
>I only completely related to him during the climax of the entire series

Anta Baka?

>Never get to see Misato's bare tits
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry to hijack the thread with this, but I just got done watching the whole series. Did Gainax just not have the budget for the last two episodes or was all of it completely intentional?

Yes and yes.

Watch End of Eva.

Leave this thread right now and go watch End of Evangelion.

Because you were retarded. Anyone with a shred of perspective would be extremely reluctant, to put it mildly.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off