Case Study

So lets say that orbital space colonies are a thing.

How would this affect the global political landscape?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17839197/Vanquish_Update_1-CODEX
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_Ring_(habitat)
youtube.com/watch?v=hingjP-BmvA
youtube.com/watch?v=oazFe2jbMxw
astro-ecology.com/Astroecology_Human_Space_Populations.htm
braeunig.us/apollo/VABraddose.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we could build our own and keep out the niggers!

Elysium anybody?

Im just talking political landscapes here.

maybe you like this one better then

I always liked this one best

You would be building them then filling them from zero. You would theoretically have complete control over who got in, so you could tailor the entire place to be one race/political affiliation.

These look like they were made from the same guy as the pic I posted.

What sort of impact do you think that would have on Earth? Also I keep thinking a industrial race or war between nations and corporations to build the first colony.

Sieg Zeon

So Earth governments milking space colonies and restricting resources. Sounds like a very unlikely situation. Id assume an organisation like the UN or something would still exist.

Fringe political movements and religious groups could set up their own societies and prove if their model of living is viable or not.

Play Vanquish

Hint: It's still just muh Russia

Probably the most accurate possibility. Though I could see a unified earth force trying to control these colonies if they were built by a nation.

dif user here
dl link?

btw have you played binary domain? that was actually really fun and nobody fucking knows about it

Do you want to have a colony dropped on your head? Spacenoids are the next step in human evolution! Sieg Zeon!

Could you actually imagine this? Simply amazing. I believe it would change a lot of things because the "elite" would leave this rock and probably begin purging the entire planet. With that being said, just to accomplish such a feat would be miraculous in itself.

SAGE ESCAPISM THREADS THIS IS RUBBISH TAKE IT TO SCI YOU FUCKING NEWFAGS FUCKKKKING REDDDDIT DIE

Ever seen Elysium?

The same thing that would happen if you built your own island. Some nation will just show up and steal it then force you to live under their rules and pay tax.

we would have a 4th Reich in space , a totally nigger and kike free zone with intelligent and beautiful people . " hello my name is Schlomo Bimbostein , may I enter the space station ?" no . you may not . kikes have no access to this facility - kikes will stay in their niggerworld

Fuck that movies.

>hurr the poors are now flooding the station and with undoubtedly destroy it but haha take that richfag bigots we won

So, the ultra-wealthy get to go live on luxurious space stations with technology that cures all their diseases while everyone else gets to be exploited until they suffer and die on a toxic, polluted Earth, and that is not a political landscape?

the plot is not realistic - any high tech society would cull the useless niggers on earth - nobody needs these niggers as consumers or producers , they are simply wothless Untermenschen -scum

That had potential but they artist cant into perspective. the trees should be pointing morew towards the viewer the farther away they get.
He made them all pointing straight up like its going up a mountain on earth

MAGA

Fuck man, Binary Domain was on the PSN store for $5 and I pussied out of buying it for ONE DAY while I did my research on the game and when I was ready to buy it it disappeared. It's now back to $20.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I really want to play it.

Also, DL link for Vanquish:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17839197/Vanquish_Update_1-CODEX

How will you build it considering Jews almost single handedly produced all space technology and the underlying physics that it is based on?

Did you read the title you commission flat mong?

Not what Im getting at. Think more in terms of galactic politics.

What exactly would they steal? Space political influence?

Absolute madmen might drop them on Earth in a Zeonist plot

Sieg Zeon

and then some fag with unicorns come out and does shit to ruin your fun

>What exactly would they steal? Space political influence?
niggas will destroy an abandoned house for copper wiring and you think they won't destroy your shit?

So really, space colonies just lead to space terrorism.

Could easily see country sized rotating habitats (200km by 10,000 km).

Since you won't need loans to build them it would mean independence from the global financial system.

Probably why they won't be allowed.

If ambitious billionaires still push for it; the UN would probably sponsor Somalians space pirates to combat these new Edens.

space colonies will lead to resentment. Why must the space colonies pay taxes for the motherland?Resentment leads to anger. Anger leads to violence. Violence leads to conflict.

it's the normal function of life. look at the original 13 colonies or the IRA

thx senpai. binary domain is also on the pc
just use your controller for it.
also set your partner commands to the d-pad. game came out when voice-commands were being shoved into every new game

We're talking big government/entity stealing.

Could easily see corporation with colonies and pmcs planning conquests of Earth.

Guess space colonies arent a solution after all huh..

even corporations know that govt are bigger than them. make the wrong move and your ass is going down

What do you guys think would happen if you had a balloon full of helium in OP's pic related and you let go of it

I imagine it would start out with a space race between the major countries to get the first orbital ring. Whoever builds and colonizes one first is going to have a major, immediate economic boost. After all the major nations get a few up and running, I bet individuals could start crowdfunding smaller rings. Of course, that's assuming that all the orbital space doesn't get claimed by the nations first.

I wonder if there are any meteors big enough to support an orbital ring, that would be flying close to Earth in the next 100 years. We could launch one on it as it passes by and let it carry off a colony of humans somewhere else. How big does a stellar body need to be before it has a strong gravitational pull?

ZA WURDO

Assuming that it was asteroid colonies there is a good chance you would see tons of private companies moving out there, people trying to create utopias on them, and maybe even land grants for people to move out there. Other than that, the difference would be minor in the short run.

Sydney gets btfo

Global landscape? You mean old earth remains?

How many black people do you think will make it to and be able to handle space?

I'll never understand how the fuck a galactic power with the ability to do this, lost the war. Seriously is this just bad writing? If you were to stack the odds, most of the time it was in Zeon's favor.

Enormously

The nature of orbital mechanics means that anyone in orbit has control of the ultimate high ground.

Every resource in the solar system is in pathetically easy reach.
Delta-v required to leave Earth's gravity well: 13km/s
Delta-v required to reach Pluto from Earth once out of the gravity well: idk like 6km/s

Read that again. The amount of energy it takes to leave earth is DOUBLE what it takes to then go from Earth to PLUTO.
(for the brainlets, we measure the distance you can travel in space by change in velocity [delta-v] rather than fuel consumption)

Once you're in orbit, you have the entire solar system at your literal fingertips, while Earthmonkeys are stuck struggling to get out of Earth.

Which means whoever controls space is the future superpower of humanity. I'm honestly flabbergasted that nobody's chased after it. We're talking resource availability that makes everything on earth pale in comparison. A single iron-nickel asteroid could provide all the iron the entirety of humanity uses for 300+ years straight. There's ~75,000 of them that we can guess at existing (~5% of the 1.5 million asteroids in the solar system)

I really cannot understate this enough - whoever colonizes space will rule earth.

There are local/state powers
Regional/national powers
World powers

And then there are space powers. If you're a space power you can kill everyone on the planet if you wanted. Everyone on earth is at your mercy.

It would make it interior of a cylinder instead of the exterior of a sphere.

But as states, itd only lead to resentment and inevitable power struggles on the colonies themselves.

If they were to drop another their was a very real chance it would endager the entirety of humanity, winning at that cost wasn't worth it, even the worst Zeon leaders like Gihren woudn't have gone that far.

not enough green, getting stuck in the middle of space and forced to live in a concrete jungle is no better than hell.

>Could easily see country sized rotating habitats (200km by 10,000 km).

These type of habitats are called Bishop's Rings.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_Ring_(habitat)

They can provide habitat for sizes between Argentine or India.
I read a study on climate and it would be dry Mediterranean mostly

How soon until the spaceborn form their own political movement to oppose the UN?

>entirety of humanity

Wasnt that the goal by the second neo zeon war anyway?

that one was okay cause it was Char

What's the source of that kino?

cassini

Here are some depictions of O'Neill Habitats

youtube.com/watch?v=hingjP-BmvA

youtube.com/watch?v=oazFe2jbMxw

thanks

fake as fuck, what studio did this work?

>I really cannot understate this enough - whoever colonizes space will rule earth.
Once you colonize space you don't need Earth.

Solar System alone can sustain 40 trillion humans easily

astro-ecology.com/Astroecology_Human_Space_Populations.htm

This leaf get's it. Don't you find that humans, having visited the mood as proof of concept, would have thought about the REAL objective, impartial, long-term solution to our earthly, self-imposed toxicity? If we spent a measly half-decade of the planet's total expenditure of time and money used on war for solving the engineering and logistic challenges of space travel, we would have all parted ways amicably 30 years ago.

moon*

Its a lot easier to defend yourself in space then it is on the seas

What is stopping the coordinated effort?

The Van Allen Belt

>Who is Wernher Von Braun

Phosphorus becomes the limiting factor in that case. Which is only found on Earth, the Moon, and Phobos, iirc.

How about that Chinese Space Station that just fell out of orbit and spread a radioactive cloud over Europe?

It seems too fantastic to most people. Also, it has a high up front cost.

>We Culture now

Not as big a problem as most think, you can either go around or just not dilly-dally there.

>2017
>believing in space meme

kys

could be like city states/tax haven think honkong singapur dubai. military will rule all they are just too paranoid.

If you are a glowinthedark nigger, fuck off with the psyop CIA. If you are really that retarded to think this conspiracy is real, reply after you've read this from top to bottom and understand physics: braeunig.us/apollo/VABraddose.htm

I don't know man, I am a technicalfag that has followed politics for a long time. I personally think the elites, or even most political figures don't have a substantive understanding of how the shit works, seeing the real value. Of course, lack of morals and the degeneracy of our species is the other driving factor. People, even the most intelligent ones are mostly not immune to the false luster of the petty squabbles down here, since what's "up there" above us has been with mankind since we were fishing with our ape hands still. Simply put, people don't understand how big the universe is and how we already could reach if it we stopped talking about islam and immigration, which are actually important topics (down here only).

it would be pretty rad

Dude we will just declare independence and then fight a major war with the fucking natural faggots because we are the superior species of Homo; Homo Coordinator. People will think we have no chance, but when we roll out the zakus and goufs they'll think twice about fucking with us.

Can someone explain how this works?

>How would this affect the global political landscape?

We'll have cloning by then so each and every orbital space colony get's their very own carbon copy of Donald Trump.

MOSCGA.

>Wanting to be wiped out easily.

kys

Nevermind; they work by rotating around the thinnest point of the hourglass which generates gravity at the two ends; the shiny CD reflects sunlight onto the habitable parts of the structure, whereas the zero-gravity at the center is used as a spaceport and connects to the other PLANT structures.

>ywn wear a zaft uniform to stop the natural oppressors

Bright and pleasing, but the ceiling on the ring needs to be higher. That low and you start getting that entrapped airport terminal/depressing Kmart interior feeling.
At least the ring seems to be pretty large. Any O'neill-type cylinder or ring needs at least a 1km diameter. I want something large enough for me to literally hunt/fish on.
I know I'm sperging out on this topic but god I can't wait to get off this gay planet. I hope I live long enough

>the roastie tree

The real problem of Islam is that it halts progress thanks to a bunch of spiritual rules and regs. Not to mention how in its current form, very hostile to everything else.

Just imagine some space Jihadis dropping colonies and causing global catastrophe because of this.

>large enough for me to hunt/fish on
Dude; why not just have cylinders dedicated to preserving certain biomes of Earth that you can visit for eco-tourism and limited hunting/fishing seasons. There's literally no need for it all to be on one cylinder and it's cheaper in terms of atmospheric costs to have 2 small ones instead of one big one.

>can't wait to get off this gay planet
If I can't get off-world in the next 20 years I am converting to Islam and blowing shit up. I want my fucking qt3.14 coordinator gril

I do agree, but politics, economy, finance and ignorance are human constructs (unlike gender, race or sexual orientation as you know).

Think of this - if we hypothetically had every nation redirect it's military and related budgets to space travel, during an agreed one year armistice (that is not hypothetically broken by any party), what do you think we could accomplish technologically?

Hubble was a rushed piece of golden trash that ended up being worth more than it's weight in gold-pressed latinum, seeing as IT CAN SEE BACK IN TIME. As per the laws of physics, Hubble was successful in taking a composite-color but REAL photo of galaxies from only 2 billion years after the Big Bang (13.5 billion years ago). The James Webb Space Telescope will likely be able to see as far back as 500-million years after the big bang. We've gained enormous insight into scientific discoveries that can translate into technology that we use daily.

The JWST could spend 5 years searching for a potentially habitable planet for each race while we work on the current limitations of tech and logistics for getting there. I think humans would be surprised at what we could do if we tried this, just once.

only 58 people have been to space, all of them were part of secret societies.

Space does not exist as we have been led to believe it does.

Forced ethnostates with a very convenient "physical removal method" helicopters will be a legend for long gone times....

>this retard
It's people like you that keep us from being a space-faring Kardashev 2 civilization. Your parents should have been arrested for procreating.

The absolute state of Sup Forums rip.
Shit thread as are the rest of them.

I don't disagree with you at all, but even in the best case scenario for islam, saying they somehow were capable of reaching a habitable planet in a generation or two realistically - the universe is so big that we are probably not going to cross paths again. Realistically, on the assumption that we collectively were able to traverse space to several habitable planets, chances are they will self-immolate shortly after arrival and well, problem solved.

>Tico regrets losing the helicopter meme
But now we'll have the shuttle ride meme

We decided not to go with that design and instead made a giant ball that uses it's mass to hold us down. That way we don't feel as confined.
I think we called it "earth".
It got all fucked up and we had to do a mass ban and full reset.

It would be crucial for everybody to get along with eachother.

Nah, it's nasa and musk jewing u lol, keep watching star trek.

>someone that got trolled on Sup Forums is accusing someone else of being retarded

It costs a lot to jumpstart it.

We're talking trillions in investment over decades.

The US government is willing to do it for a fucking memejet, but god forbid they put the money into something with 1000x the payoff.

>just have cylinders dedicated to preserving certain biomes of Earth that you can visit for eco-tourism and limited hunting/fishing seasons

My nigga thinking bigger and better. That's actually a fucking spectacular idea and shut up I thought of it first

>he hasn't realized that the solution to bringing back ice age megafauna lies in the stars
Mammoth meat is back on the menu, boys.