Mods delete generals

>mods delete generals
>Code Geass new season airs and reminds people why generals exist

Sasuga nihon.

Let there be chaos.

You have that backwards friend. Now is the perfect time to remind people why generals suck ass. Let chaos reign.

This is a huge improvement over 2 weeks ago.

The average populace is the one who wants to get rid of generals (or whatever they think are generals), so let them suffer. Maybe one day they'll stop being dumb.

>Trump Wins
>GM Sniper II getting an MG
>Generals getting fucked
>Code Geass gets another anime
Clearly this is the correct timeline we are living in

>Maybe one day they'll stop being dumb.
Optimist

I see you don't understand how things were and many have been wanted to be.

So far I've seen three threads for less popular shows die amidst all the spam. Maybe the weak really should fear the strong.

Why are generalfags so mad? This is what Sup Forums is supposed to be.

Fuck off, Sup Forums cancer. I think I saw a twitter screenshot over there.

Generals exist has nothing to do with hype new friends.

So Charles was right?

back to rebbit, you obese sack of shit

Yes, and that's how things have always been pre-2015.

>Newfags thinking generals are going to contain anything
If there isn't at least 8 threads showing the exact same frame as the OP active at the same time, Code Geass Sunday isn't at maximum capacity.

Fuck off cancer. Keep your off topic shit off of Sup Forums.

And that was the story of how Sup Forums managed to shitpost an entirely new chaos god into existence. The resulting disturbances this caused in the warp space made interstellar travel impossible, dooming mankind to a miserable existence on a single solar system.

kill yourself rebbitor

You have this backwards, friend.

Sweep the generals off the face of Sup Forums

Make Sup Forums great again

Sup Forums was more fun when we had lots of threads spamming the board, but I can see why that aspect has been fading since reddit has taken over the website over the last half decade.

New Code Geass is going to be shit as well.

>Stop disliking what I like or else I'll accuse you of being from reddit

>current period of 31536000 seconds
>caring about Gundam

>reddit this
>reddit that
Fuck off Sup Forums. I don't give two shits about your favorite site.

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

havent been there since they all started shilling for the fucking nintendo shit u years ago. trump is a product of Sup Forums and if you have a problem with that you can go back to a safespace on myanime list, rebbit, or tumblr where you can join the anti trump crusades. dont let the door hit you on the way out bud.

>The average populace is the one who wants to get rid of generals

I doubt that very much, seeing as I dont care either way. I think youre using a straw man here.

Let the chaos happen. It'll show the newfags why we started making containment threads. It's entirely on them for labeling "general" as a naughty word.

Fuck off, Code Geass was the golden age of Sup Forums.

>keep your off-topic shit out of this off-topic thread

Just ignore and move on, your stupid retard.

>we're going to get newfags spamming CG threads to false flag and try make a point that generals are good and needed
>it won't matter because Sup Forums loves CG and only butthurt generalfags who came from reddit for their generals would be upset
>that butthurt BR faggot from DJT will undoubtedly be doing it

>The Average populace

It's mainly tryhard newfags following the opinions of a few seasoned neckbeards who are so retarded and on the site so much that they think it affects them personally.

I think the correct expression would be "the extremely vocal minority". I doubt most people give a single fuck about one thread out of 100+ living and getting remade for a long time, as they would rather talk about something they just watched in an isolated thread or talk about random but on-topic shit with the rest of the board.

"Generals" have only been around during the post-ironic cancer age. It would take someone truly new to mistake them for something well established on this site.

>the /qa/ authoritarians are the ones that want to gt rid of generals

Fixed that for you. They've been pushing for the removal of generals from Sup Forums for the past year. And now that they've accomplished it, here the results.

But the One Piece "general" is still up Yahtzee, atheists.

when Sup Forums was literally /code geass/ was the best timeline

prove me wrong

Christ, shounenfags are fucking cancerous.

>here the results.
So they are responsible for code geass getting a new season?

That is pretty good.

>>>/reddit/

This. Fucking this.

can confirm, if you check the threads on /qa/ about this there are 1 or 2 people that are ecstatically praising it.

the people pushing this arent from Sup Forums, thats for sure.

>as said by a tripfag and shonenfag

Not an argument.

You first.

>I know you are, but what am I?

You're talking about people who likely came to Sup Forums because they heard about a general from another site. They haven't been here long and don't know how to enjoy things with the entire board.

Who are you quoting?

Sup Forums is its own thing. There is not Sup Forums culture. Fuck off.

reminder that modcat was the one who (correctly) identified general threads as being the canary in the coal mine of this site slipping away from a vibrant, unique community with a shared ephemeral board experience to a generic, run-of-the-mill anime forum back in 2009

the entire point of a general thread is to spit in the eye of the most basic functionality this website offers, besides anonymity: threads are deleted when they get too old, forcing a need for new original content to be constantly created, so that the board can remain fresh and not stagnate or devolve into intra-board circlejerks or bullshit rivalries between threads

since he left, and moot instituted that "let the board do its own thing free of moderation, let it grow wild like the public hair of a severely autistic 23-year-old frenchman living in a unisex halfway house" policy and wouldn't let him come back to the site, the site has basically just been a regular web forum, albeit one where people can post without registering a username, and it has lost most of its shared board culture

general threads are cancer and we need to get rid of them. if you think the idea of an entire board being swept away by a singular event we can all get behind which calls back to a pivotal point in the board's cultural history is bad compared to the stagnant mess of the recent years of encroaching general thread circlejerks, then you my friend don't want Sup Forums to be Sup Forums.

you want a generic, run-of-the-mill web forum, with optional usernames. fuck that noise.

I don't even browse /jp/, but thanks for the (You).

So what was the Geass news? New anime confirmed? R3? Spin off/reboot? I need information

this

"Who are you quoting?" in response to abuse of the quote function for shitposting purposes is a /jp/ meme, you cancerous newcunt.

>le Sup Forums is special and better XD
Fuck off

~no~

if you hate it here so bad why don't you just leave

>post yfw you lived long enough for geass sundays to come back.

If you want Sup Forums to stop being Sup Forums then you can fuck off fag. Figures that you ironically shitpost too.

>old Sup Forums
>good
user pls if anything oldfags are the same as baby boomers leaving shitty legacies (SJW, epic trolling, memes) while telling newfags why the place is so shit

I know where it's from, autism-kun. Thanks for another (You).

>vibrant, unique community with a shared ephemeral board experience
Thats a good one.

Yo OP, tf is going on? Trying to look it up and can't find shit, mind giving me a hand?

The problem with all you say is that often enough, people's interest in something will be so high that only 500 posts won't be enough to contain it. In a few cases, even multiple threads a day won't be enough, and they'll want more. They enjoy it so much that they want to talk about it all week. Are things being popular that wrong? The userbase in this place is massively bigger than it was a few years ago, you know.
By the way, I am perfectly aware of the fact that some of those places for discussion of popular matters tend to turn into chatrooms, and I agree that that's a problem. However, they're more of an exception than a norm, so trying to punish everyone just because of a few faggots is stupid. Can't you just threaten those people and tell them to behave instead of deleting everything with no warning (or with a fake warning that gets ignored by the people who made it themselves)?

>I was only pretending to be retarded
I hope you're mother dies and you starve to death without her feeding you.

if you don't like a thread, don't post in it

if the feeling of a thread that already exists about a show doesn't fit the tone of the conversation you want to have, post a new thread

if the board is full of 14 flip flappers threads at 6:49 am and you wanna discuss something else there is nothing stopping you from making a new thread. that is literally the way the site has always been and it is a defining feature. reminder that 2ch and futaba are just as big as Sup Forums and have not had a problem with this. they never have.

Won't be long before Sup Forums looks like Sup Forums.
Newfags make up the majority now.

This is perfect you retarded nigga. Besides the G3 threads only actually important threads shall survive. The Rest should just perish.

>Won't be long before Sup Forums looks like Sup Forums.
They've been the same board for a couple years now.

I mean, of course. I can say anything and you'll reply to me.

>couple of days now
FTFY

I dont see a single e-celeb twitter Thread here

Not quite but it's not far off.
This is the future you chose.

>he's never seen a herkz thread
Lucky bastard

As long as Sup Forums continues shitting on 3D, attentionwhorring and politics this will never be true.

I do see them from time to time, thankfully they get (used to get) deleted pretty quickly

I don't have the copypasta about Sup Forums threads, but it's very fucking similiar.

Please do not talk about that.

I'm glad generals are dead, but I still fucking hate jojofags.

>we're so cool and better xd
>reddit lel[memes]

But that's exactly what happens already, when someone's OP is too shitty people will make another thread. In fact, the fact that the people who watch anime often tend to not care about the "tone of the conversation" and just post in whatever thread about a show is most populated at the moment is proof that generals aren't a problem at all on Sup Forums. They don't use the available threads because they want to keep a general culture, they use them because they're full of people and they just want to fucking talk about anime.

Organization is a really good thing, because it lets people who like similar things find each other more easily (in Sup Forums's case, other who have opinions about a show). If people like a show so much that they want to keep talking about it all week, across multiple seasons even after the TV anime for a series has ended and they're only subsisting on the manga or LN, that's a good thing. People won't just keep generals around for ten years without having absolutely anything to discuss, do you see anything like a NGE general for example?

Whatever the fuck people call generals on Sup Forums aren't a problem at all.

>Sup Forums is its own thing

I can't stand generals. I go into a thread for a show to try and talk about the show and every post discussing the show or asking questions about it is ignored for shipping, which boy they'd rather fuck, shitposting, etc.

It's so frustrating to not be able to fucking discuss anything and being crucified for trying to start a discussion.

With generals you can't just go make a new thread to discuss the things you're interested in discussing, you're relegated to a general full of shipping, circlejerking and shitposting.

In my opinion Sup Forums used to be one of the best places to discuss anime, now you can't even really talk about it here anymore. It's all just who wants to fuck who in the ass.

If we bother you so much you can always leave.

Is calling someone's shitposting "ironic shitposting" shitposting?

Who is that? Is he a Skyrim tripfag or something?

>threads are deleted when they get too old, forcing a need for new original content to be constantly created, so that the board can remain fresh and not stagnate or devolve into intra-board circlejerks or bullshit rivalries between threads
That's exactly why generals exist. If you can't see that, you are hopeless and I won't even bother explaining.
However, I will admit that generals don't always work as intended. Last summer when game of thrones aired, Sup Forums was filled with game of thrones threads even though they had a general, so it proved to be ineffective in that case

Yes, shitposting about shitoposting is exactly that.

I'm not bothererd by Sup Forums or even Sup Forums in general (except maybe Sup Forums but they tend to stay in their board)
I'm bothered by those who think they're superior or different for using Sup Forums
4chan has been a normie attraction for years, but it's not like it was better before (le internets winrar over 9000 XD)

Don't be an autist. Let people enjoy their announcement..

Collecting all posts about a show in a single thread =! Always having a thread up just for the sake of it even if its largely offtopic or imagedumpnig

t. generalfaggot scared of losing his circlejerk

The difference between "posting in an existing thread" and "supporting a general thread" is that general threads tend to promote themselves as The Authoritative Biggest Most Popular Thread On A Given Topic. They maintain post histories documenting the image macros, catchphrases, and notable personalities who have arisen through the lifetimes of the multiple serial threads. They are an attempt to create an enclave within a larger board.

Everybody who uses Sup Forums will have a tab dedicated to the board index, as well as tabs dedicated to the individual threads they are reading at any given moment. People will refresh these constantly. When the threads expire, they die and the conversation is assumed to have ended.

>normie
Fuck off.

Actually it is. "Shut up tripfag" is a flawless argument and if you disagree then put your trip on so I can never see you post again.

>TWENTY
>SEVEN
>THREADS

My problem with generals is the shitheads that scream "Use the catalog!" if you make a thread about a show that has a general. There can never be fun threads because of those faggots.