Why are malls going extinct?

Why are malls going extinct?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lGXzE-V61qw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Niggers

/thread

Niggers and spics and Chinese imports turned them into shitholes

Shits cheaper online and avoid the grind of parking, crowds of teenage niggers everywhere, store never has the right size/color etc

Online shopping

I don't have any info to back this up, but I'd guess it's a combination of people getting less keen on holiday shopping, people being broke, and I dunno maybe the kids would rather be out doing blow while driving around with their friends instead of being mallrats.

Stagnant middle class wages, too many malls, and Amazon.

because blacklivesmatter scared everyone off last year with their laying down in the aisles and...
uh...
what else did they do, i know they did more?>

I love the dead mall series by dan bell -

youtube.com/watch?v=lGXzE-V61qw

anyway it's for a number of reasons

>malls can't entice customers to stop by because anchor stores like macy's are having to shutdown malls due to online competition. death spiral occurs.
>non-whites being bused in by new bus routes
>bad location overall
>ugly design
>more and more people shopping online

chickenyale.mp4

Amazon and the internet.

Why go outside to shop, surrounded by niggers/muslims etc.

When I can go online and get that shit delivered.

Amazon

I rather shop in my own home than deal with mall rats and other degenerates

but here in america the niggers steal your package off your front doorstep

pic related
>le 56% face

The destruction of the middle class, which is what kept malls running.

Once they did, malls had to appeal to poorer people, became crime-infested shitholes, and their fate was sealed. Newer malls are more restaurant rows than retail-only, and deliberately try to keep businesses appealing to niggers and poor people out.

China and walmart?

niggers.

post the video of the Mall of America. it looks like Mogadishu

Where is this? Don't tell me it's London.

Still hate the British but this

Mall of America in minnesomalia

Looks like Sydney.

I fucking hate when people just stop walking in the middle of an area. Especially globs of families.

>step off to the side
>stop slowly swaying while talking
>walk at a normal pace
>don't walk in a horizontal fucking line

Niggers.

Fpbp I came here to post this

The one in my town is doing just fine. Went there a couple weekends ago for the first time in ages and the whole damn place was packed.

Apart from niggers,

Shopping used to be a popular past time for most women.
But now women are more interested in social media than shopping.

Haven't figured out which is worse yet.

And Single Mothers and more spics.

BECAUSE THE MAUL IS THE BACKBONE OF THE MURICAN FAMIBLY

Noooooooo!

Amazon and eBay killed them

#MALLTOO
#MAULTWO

the online Jew

>I fucking hate when people just stop walking in the middle of an area. Especially globs of families.

Me too. Its some passive aggressive dominance shit.

social media because social media is a facade

Same reason as last the last 1000x this thread was posted. Blacks and online shopping. Sage

Because mid/high tier mass produced retail for a lot of mall tier items is dying for the middle class.

People would rather spend about the same amount of money getting higher quality personalized items, or less money getting similar quality items. E.g., Brook's Brothers gets fucked sideways by Indochino and Suit Supply, but even then Brook's Brothers still isn't doing very bad. H&M and Unqlo fucking Banana Republic or J.crew as well.

So, there really isn't anything a midtier retailer can provide that isn't found either cheaper, or more personalized.

>What else
Lack of interest in social environments. Lack of disposable income. Rise of online shopping. Most of all "Focused Shopping."

Older department stores are fucking terrified of Gen Y. Why? Because their spending is stagnant, and focused. If a 25 year old needs a Suit, they'll google "WHAT SUITS FOR BUDGET" and then go to the best option of their means and area. There is no longer a "I saw that coat in the window and went in there and boat it for 2k and put it on a credit card because I wanted it."

-Stagnant wages, leading to a greater inclination to buy cheap and therefore buy online
-Feral urban youth flock to malls because they want to loiter outside their homes in something resembling civilization
-Said feral youth are also thieves, stealing from the stores and being generally destructive
-Prices are raised incrementally because of property theft and damage, leading to more avoiding entering the facilities and stores
-Less white people frequent malls as a result, leading to stores closing, increased niggerdom, and an overall less pleasant experience, additionally increasing avoidance

It's just a compounding negative feedback.

i really enjoyed this video, thanks user

people prefer shopping online with better prices and selection. also disposable income to prices have been hit hard in western world with higher sales taxes + income taxes + bad wage growth and job market. basically stagflation which is deadly combination of price inflation and lower economic growth

just wait few years for a mail drone to fly orders to your door and online stores will grow even more

Kaczynski was right

The three malls I occasionally go to in my state(New Jersey) are fucking packed. Can never find parking. And it's usually indians, whites, hispanics and asians between 13-70. there are some black people, but the non ghetto ones.

I see no real reason to go to a mall other than a particular rare food chain opening there.

Swedes were a mistake.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the state with the largest percentage of Swedish ancestry is also full of Somalis.

Online shopping

Yep. Someone post the video about that Detroit mall that was the largest ever at the time of it's building in the 60s. A few good years and then a really sad decay.

You tell me.

>niggers steal your package off your front doorstep
why do you live near niggers?

Mall tenants pay rent and royalties and have to inflate their prices to profit. Historically, this was never a problem because everyone had to do it, but in the 90s places like walmart started to get economies of scale due to their purchasing power. They were able to get the same shoes as a mall store for cheaper prices because they bought more shoes from the supplier. With the rise of ecommerce many suppliers decided to cut out the middleman entirely.

It's a shame because the one time I ever went on a mall date (in 2007) it was very easy. I was nervous because it was my first real date and I was only 14, but it was easy because we just went from store to store and looked at the things inside and commented on them and she tried on some clothes and I gave my feedback. Based on my personal experience I think both white men and white women in general don't socialize like they used to which could possibly explain why you see so many minorities there as they tend to be a far more sociable bunch. (the girl that invited me was brazilian in fact)

>what else did they do
Shoplift, break & enter, mug,disturb the peace, etc.

ACCORDING TO SOME PEOPLE YES

I'm sure its already been said, but niggers is the fundamental reason. There are other reasons but the main reason is niggers.

you guys really think online shipping is such a big factor? for me it's more the fact that instead of going to a sunglass hut, then a clothing store, then a gamespot, then a shoe store, i can just go to walmart and get everything at once and also some groceries and maybe a burger

yeah the kikes really got us over a barrel

niggers come to me

It's honestly this and just this. I live in a predominantly white area, where anybody slightly darker than aryan sticks out like a sore thumb, and it's not niggers or spics or mudslimes. It's the fact that malls suck. Shit's retardedly marked up compared to online, employees are as useful as a baboon with fetal alcohol syndrome, they never have the right size or color for shit, and half of the stores may as well be empty spaces, because they provide useless, pointless shit. Then big name stores are also shitty, only stocking cheap chinese shit nowadays, while quality stuff is marked up up to 80% and more. Why go and deal with people, parking, traffic, and useless service when you can watch reviews online and order them for cheaper?

I think it's more that the average consumer stopped going to malls in favor of ordering everything online. The lower class are the only members of the population still using malls regularly. Exclusively lower class clientele = shithole eventually.

This. Fpbp. Honest to god truth.

Malls are pretty much limited to clothes shopping and eateries now. Everything else is more conveniently purchased online.

It’s white niggers around here in eastern Kentucky

Same user

Nothing more /comfy/ than a nice DB dead mall walk through vid

It's really the Lutheran backbone of the Swedish culture. It's why Germany is so garbage as well.

Not even rampant atheism can undo that damage.

Because most people make

It was bill clinton who chose to put them there though (the somalis) and the iraqis in deerborn michigan. I wonder where hillary would've put the syrians...

Americans use to believe malls were the future so a lot of them were built. As cities developed and people moved around they found themselves on the outskirts. Nowadays odds are in the less densely populated areas you have a walmart nearby that is cheaper than the mall.

Not even trying to be funny, it really is because of niggers. There was a pretty nice mall close to downtown but once the nigs started going there in groups there were a lot of fights and shooting and shit and the stores left. The mall is still there but with like only 5 stores left. And they're stores you've never heard of.

For the same reason there's been a drastic decrease in new people getting driver's licenses and the same reason Blockbuster went under

the internet exists and everybody has a mobile phone. You don't need to go out to a public place to have fun with your friends anymore. Beyond that the goods are overpriced as fuck for a country whose middle class almost doesn't exist anymore.

they were kinda fun when we were kids. idk if kids these days like them like we did. but one of the last times i was in one years ago, tons of kids.

You could convert it into flats or something. But the people that (buy) them will probably turn it into Skid Row.

no the kikes are behind what has happened to Sweden. absolutely subversive. though the Lutheran church probably makes it easier for them

i imagine they don't, as the big draws back then were arcades and video game retailers where you could play new games and CD shops that let you listen to music.... kids don't even have to leave the house for that, that's like what you do to kill time on the bus these days

>2010
>go to mall with my friends
>meet some qt girls from school there
>flirt with them
>go to the food court
>ride bike home

>2020
>friend calls me on skype
>sends me a link to some shit on aliexpress
>go to aliexpress virtual reality mall
>everyone is a 12 year old anime
>flirt with 40 year old guys dressed up like 12 year old girls
>buy a chinese finger trap that will arrive at my doorstep in 20 minutes from china via supersonic drones
>take off vr headset
>stare at the empty wall until i fall asleep

Malls became popular because it had a wide variety of products in a single place, convenience. Now we have the internet that has an even larger selection of goods, and you don't even have to leave the house. Online shopping has made the mall obsolete.

The mall here in northern WI does ok. Always packed with white people

>its nothing goyim
>stop being islamophobic

Menlo

Living the american dream, user.

Here in Arizona, Chandler fashion, Scottsdale quarter, and Arrowhead mall are always filled with people. I tend to only shop at white malls tho. lol

I work for one of the top mall REITs in the US.

There are 1,100 malls in the US and the vast majority of them are B and C Centers. Those centers are all going to die off and be repurposed as they are full of failing department stores and over-expanded apparel brands that can’t afford their dropping sales and increasing overhead costs.

The majority of “A” centers, the ones in major metropolitan areas, will remain successful as they evolve their tenant mix to accommodate more entertainment, restaurant, and service uses.

There's nothing to buy in them. It's either overpriced rubbish clothes, overpriced electronics, overpriced books, nothing actually interesting or good. They're all awful environments that are dreadful to be around, lack soul and in general just aren't fun to be here.

one of the malls had an ice ring and theater I was a little late for it though.

That and people bite the bait.

Online shopping, the fact that we are becoming less social now more than ever
Also this. That said, there are a couple malls near me which are very much alive

* rink i guess.

Look at your watch and walk right fucking into them.

Because they are places where only niggers hang out now.

Fuck, I used to live and work right down the street from Galleria. They just put in my favorite restaurant there, though. Cleveland is seeing some resurgence.

Because of online shopping?

No, that answer is too mainstream and obvious for spergs...

This.

Yea the only reason I go to the mall is to try clothes on and eat out/watch a movie.

hmm let me think all the shit I used to get at a mall I just get on amazon now.....

i sat on a bar stool in the mall at this new restaurant for a hour our so no one came in. that was maybe 1999. few people during the day though.

fpbp

Fucking subhuman shitskins.