Tropes that trigger you ITT

Tropes that trigger you

>anime character in a shounen who always has their eyes shut always turns out to be playing naive and a super badass later in the story

Other urls found in this thread:

comic.pixiv.net/works/2569
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It was all planned from the very start, literally nothing happened that was not planned, everyting was keikaku since before the universe began.

This can become pretty much a Bleach thread if the tropes keep being posted.

What's a trope?

meme that people recognize

>The story so far always talks about this 'dark job/world/war/evil' out there
>The show finally delivers on it
>People think this was sudden and not at all expected
Or alternatively
>It never delivers, tries to be a wacky show with wacky characters instead.

Cliffhanger before two week hiatus.

>Anime is marketed as PURE EXTREME VIOLENCE
>Everything is censored, making it pointless.

Kubo predicted it

>Romance anime
>Turns into a harem
>No resolution, MC undeserving of a harem, NOTHING HAPPENS, not even character development.

>MC is chosen one jackass who's powers come about during a fight with the school cool guy.

>MC is a total faggot around like 5 girls wanting his dick.

>harem anime
>first arc is about mc and best girl establishing a sexual relationship
>rest of the series is ghost stories

>faggot
>it was a good anime

well Gin was always a super badass so fuck u

>MC magically gets powers to curbstomp everyone through sheer force of will instead of hard work, sometimes even winning against entire organizations of trained individuals.

>explaining metaphores

>MC has the most basic movepool

I understand why it's a thing, so every foe can show off the extent of their power without it being muddled and so The World Vs. King Crimson type of shit doesn't happen. But past a certain point they should grow out of that and spice it up.

Some people that browse Sup Forums need that.
The amount of retardation the latest berserk episode confused most people with the dream sequence "what could it meaaaan?"

>villain just wants to live a quiet life
>the local meddling kids won't leave him alone

>heroes with missing family members to explain a retarded blood-relationship with villain or else

Seriously why can't villains be independent? Why have always some bloodline shenanigans going on?

Disgusting

Gin was never portrayed as naive. He was always a scheming sociopathic monster.

>best girl dies in ch2
>Gets replaced by herself, but with a worse personality because reasons.

Only a temporary problem when BDs are a thing.

I haven't been impressed by BD decensors past 5 years.

This shit annoys me so much. Also shit like destiny in general which reduces the universe and the actions of the characters to fucking nothing annoy me

That just means the show isnt set in a world that includes quantum mechanics so everythings 100% predictable.

Gin was a tragic antihero - or antivillain, depending on where you stand on his actions. He was never a sociopath, and he was never a monster. He simply wore the face of one.

This shit was retarded. Kubo pulling a "he was never actually a villain" was shitty and fucking unstatisfying. He should have stayed the shit eating grin villain who makes fun of you and can not help but hate

>anime character with his eyes always closed
>he opens them

spookiest shit

>really strong villain is the strongest ever
>something unexpected happens
>protagonists now have an advantage
>"I-Impossible!"

That's something I legit hate about Berserk. This shit is stupid.

>aggressive older girl loses
>futa or trap always bottoms to the MC

>girl about to get molested
>MC is literally miles away when he realizes this about to happen
>somehow makes it in time on foot in the time it takes the bad guy to walk over to the bed.

I thought it made more sense that way. Think about it - Gin never had any motivation to help Aizen throughout the story. Tousen was the only other captain on Aizen's side, and Tousen was seduced by power. Aizen had nothing to offer Gin. It always felt like he was hiding something. Nearing the end, Gin was walking to the actual destruction of the world alongside Aizen for literally no benefit. He *had* to have a secret.

Everything being random without any predictability and no true cause-effect relation is even worse. No one is the cause of anything and then no one is responsible for anything they do as a result.

That's likely why that chapter isn't considered canon, and why Miura said it gave away too much of the story. Perhaps The Idea was lying - if that is the case, we would not know it for several hundred chapters and massive theories would sprout up around it (as they have). Under 'official' Berserk canon, we don't know that much about The Idea. We've just seen a glimpse of it, once.

>Gin was walking to the actual destruction of the world alongside Aizen for literally no benefit
It made perfect sense if you considered him as a batshit insane bastard

But it isn't even true in the case of Berserk. Things happen that escape the realm of causality, like Guts or Skull Knight, and even the God's Hands acknowledge that. Not everything is written in stone, but it kinda makes sense that some form of destiny is at work since the behelits always come back to their owner

>MC takes the blame for something he didn't do
>This is seen as something noble
>Girl falls for him because of it

Fuck elevens and their wicked sense of collectivist morality

The God Hand never had control of causality. It's The Idea which does, and they do not communicate with The Idea. They can predict a ton of shit because they have magic super powers, but they cannot actually affect causality. The Idea does affect causality. That's what makes people upset about it.

Fair enough. I guess which 'version' of the character you prefer depends on which interpretation you personally find more entertaining.

>more than four saiyans survived

Oh ok I get it. Yeah I understand the complain now. Well if God wills it and Miura doesn't die before the end we'lle get to see the truth about this

>main character dies at the end of the series
>produce a sequel anyway

>so The World Vs. King Crimson type of shit doesn't happen.
But that's the fun part.

>Genshiken Nidaime
>Haganai
>Tayu Tayu

Harems are the cheapest shit. Even worse when there's no resolution. Harems ruined anime.

>MC is a paragon of virtue but gets bullied for some dumbass reasons

Let the japs have their day. They self insert into those characters because they have the same eyes.

>villain is defeated
>"he's not a bad guy, he's just misunderstood"
>villain joins the party

>heroes slaughter tons of faceless mooks
>"i can't kill the villain otherwise i'm just as bad as him!"

>"tsundere" character is just a complete bitch that sometimes blushes

Selective Enforcement

MC does something bad or makes a mistake , gets punished for it

Someone else does something far worse than what the MC did, gets praised for it

But that is why you get bullied. You dont get bullied for being and asshole, you get bullied for not being one.

I read an article once which explained that in human societies, the first peopel to get ostracized were the persons who are too selfish, but also the persons who are too selfless. The first are not useful for the group, but the second tend to be annoying because they're outside of the norm

This.

Also, bullied character stays with the people that bully them instead of leaving

They're secretly enjoying it

>what is onani master kurosawa?

>supposedly smart people suddenly being absurdly dumb and ineffective to make sure story won't end immediately due to sloppy writing

I thought they did since Griffith was able to stop a full circle of arrows from hitting him

He 'knew'/predicted that The Idea wouldn't let that hit him. It would defeat the purpose of making him a member of the God Hand. Even the thought that Griffith had which made him believe The Idea wouldn't let the arrows hit him was caused by The Idea. That's why people hate it.

Newfangled word for cliche.

I'd be cool if all high school romance shows were purged from history.

If a story has character archetypes is it badly written?
If a story has death flags, is it badly written?

ITT: people who read shounen manga even though they hate everything about shounen manga

MC chases after girl he just met only moments ago instead if getting with childhood friend that has been in love with him for years

>"problem" is just a misunderstanding that can instantly solved if the characters just talk to each other
>the shows goes out of it's way to make sure that doesn't happen

No and no. All depends on the delivery. A story can be cliché as fuck but still entertaining as long as characters and scenarios are compelling

Don't you think things would be boring if every series was Kageoru Daze?

No. You can always start with an archetype and have them grow or reveal their depths over time from there.

MC has crush on girl but never talks to her or interact with her

>Character is supposed to die
>Lives
Jesus Yamato and Gaelio are annoying the shit out of me.

Oh ok. I'll be glad when this fucker finally shows up so we can finally understand what its plan is

I just want more common sense in my animoo

Isn't Guts' whole character about going against your fate and destiny? He was supposed to be destined to die during the Eclipse but Skull Knight prevented it.

>mc dad is famous or well known and mc got plot armor from him

>cut one of the visards in half without blinking
>not a villain
Ok.

well he was destined to die since his infancy where his mother suicide while pregnant him but he survived. Then again, after Guts killed Gambino and burned down the merc camp, he was suppose to die to the wolf pack, but he fought them off and survived.

Berserk is a gnostic series, so the Idea doesn't actually have full control and can't do anything to override fates written by the true God.

Hate to be that guy but Guts' mom did not hang herself. She and all the other people on the tree were mostly hanged by enemy soldiers.

>Girl who believes in some way or another that the MC is a bad person/pervert/etc and uses excessive violence against them and it's supposed to be 'humour'

Seriously, fuck this trope. even when its tsundere and not just straight up judgemental assholishness, its still bad, the slapstick comedy never works right. If it was pushing and shoving then maybe it'd be cute and funny, but as it stands it's always full-force slapping and punching and goddamn roundhouse kicks.

It's like someone took the terrible misunderstandings trope of and mixed it with the worst type of tsundere possible. Occasionally without even the dere, just the friggin' tsun.

Also,
>"That's sexual harassment!"
>"Are you sexually harassing me?"
All the shit like that, it's enough dealing with every comment and joke and contact being taken as some kind of perverted personal attack in real life, but apparently it's at home in my escapism too. wonderful.

what manga is that?

>someone does something stupid and wacky
>another person starts screaming and explaning the joke

Hits too close to home?

It couldn't possibly be the name at the top of the page. It's not translated, but you could read it on pixiv if have an account and speak japanese.
comic.pixiv.net/works/2569

MC chases after girl that's a complete bitch to him

Jitsu wa Watashi wa does somethings right and actually stops being a harem to a degree.

>MC spares multiple villains
>MC finds revenge stupid
>MC enters a berseker rage and kills all enemies in his way when a friend dies

Sudden rushed endings to an otherwise solidly entertaining series

I fucking hate that shit

Looking at you Bleach and that one Korean manhwa about the teacher and her student

>Dies

i just don't understand the appeal of tsundere archtype

It's cute?

Probably not what you had in mind, but I fucking loved the first 12~ episodes of Nisekoi. It was comfy as fuck. Then it went full harem mode and went to shit.

>MC faces big threat early on
>somehow manages to 'beginner's luck' his way out of shit that has killed people who are experts at magic, judo, etc

Pretty much the reason why i despise zero no tsukaima

I'm not sure if this counts as a trope, but any series that feels the need for a lengthy info dump about how the magic/superscience/magic-superscience works can fuck off

either introduce that stuff gradually or just don't write a series with a system like that in the first place

Agree with you, it was actually a bit entertaining. Then the third love interest appeared, then the fourth, then the fifth...

Not when here dere side is practically non-existent.
The guy has saved her life, helped her with whatever problem she has, and stayed with her long after anyone else would have quit on her. Yet she still treats him like crap even though at this point the two should be friendly with each other.
How are we supposed to find this cute?

>Villain has ambition and drive and wants to make the world better
>Lazy heroes just want to sit on their asses in their village and everything to stay exactly the same

>somebody has treated me like shit for no reason the entire time I've known them
>I will forgive them and befriend them

Man cut that toxic shit out of your life already.

Some people would like to believe that that one girl who was a real bitch to them secretly had the hots for them. But in fact she was just being upfront about not liking you.