Fun fact: the majority of modern Sup Forums never watched Code Geass and season 3 will be their first

Fun fact: the majority of modern Sup Forums never watched Code Geass and season 3 will be their first.

Whats a coder geese?

No way. Even all of my normie acquaintances know about code gayass

jesus fucking christ that's official art?

I'll admit that I haven't watched the Akito because it had no CC or Lelouche.

But no, I watched both the 1st and 2nd season of the original CG.

And I can tell you that it was the best mecha show that was ever aired.

You're probably right, OP. Who cares though.

Good , they missed out on such a golden era.

I'm about to start season 1, what should I expect?

Never watched it, should I catch up for S3? Already spoiled to shit by friends.

Spike dies

Shit

Watch the entire 2 seasons for the memes

This.
Even my goddamn co workers knew/watched about code geass and they dont give a shit about chinese cartoons

checkmates

I didn't watch it then and I won't watch it now, dropped it about 5 episodes into the first season if I remember rightly. Enjoying the excitement on Sup Forums though.

The very definition of overrated shit.

I've never watched it and i don't plan to do it either, it just never caught my attention honestly.

JIBUN WOOOOOO

>mfw I was only 10 when code geass came out

Fun fact: you can't possibly be any more wrong
CG is Death Note-tier of popularity, everyone have seen it when they were getting into anime

I think you mean most of modern Sup Forums never watch the show with Sup Forums while it was airing OP

CG was a fun show but it's still a gateway anime

Princess dies.

I wish there was a gintama like gag series of a mecha that's good good and criticizes everything down to the t and beyond.

Also lelouch needs to pound lots of fucking pussy. Cc and kallen specifically.

more like code gayass

hahaahhahahahah

I am getting kinda sad seeing the enthusiasm oldfags are having R3.

Not even Code Geass can bring back 2008 Sup Forums. This board is now too big and diverse to get into one banner ever again.

That's cause all of them started watching anime with Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, SAO and all the other shit Sony crammed down their throats with MUH HYPE. Anything pre 2011-2012 might as well not exist to the shitposters

i'd kill my family for dat ass

More like Chode Gayass. Some of the ugliest, gayest art and character designs ever.

People were saying the same things back in 2008.

>Boohoo Sup Forums is shit now
>Eternal Newfag Summer
>Why can't things be like they were in 2006

Whilst post-2010 Sup Forums is indeed shittier than how it used to be pre-2010, people have always been complaining about the place being shit.

Not to mention people used to complain a lot about thread-spam since the beginning of Sup Forums.
/m/ exists precisely because of SEED Destiny spam, and a good amount of people weren't particularly happy with the spam that F/sn, GL, CG and G00(S1) brought to Sup Forums.

Yep, you're right, I don't like to watch overrated shit.

Fun fact:

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The batch I downloaded doesn't have the OP or ED. Are they vital to the experience, or can I just watch them once on youtube and be done with them?

Yap never seen it and probably never will

why is her butt so lewd

Speaking of how utterly awful the millenial anime fans are I think the biggest irony and hilarity to come out of this is people with Monogatari and Fate avatars on other forums being absolutely assblasted and proclaiming that this series is being milked to death by "Greedy Sunrise". The one that has had one official side story OVA project animation since the TV series ended versus stuff that's had constant money bilking projects with no other sense of purpose for the last 5 years including split up movies for no reason other than the literal maximum milking of it's fanbase. Like zero sense of self-reflection and realization on newfags part with this one when they go to open their mouths on the internet.

no. no you have to watch every episode's OP and ED every time, in the episode, for tonal consistency and to hype you up all the time. this is true of every anime. It's especially true for geass.

What is baffling that the show is revolves around mechas quite a lot, but I always forget that it does.

Mind control shenanigans are more memerable.

JIBUN WOOOO

I figured. JacobSwaggewdUp has fucked me before, but I didn't notice the name of the group until I'd downloaded it.

I can't stand it when there's no ops or eds in releases, but what I hate more are when there's only one copy of the OP/ED and it's an externally linked file and bonus if there's no credits on it.

The entire point of a credits sequence is to see who was involved, who directed, who storyboarded, who animated, who played bit characters; and I can't tell you how many series I've downloaded where the group decided "nobody cares about that stuff" and deliberately put NCOP/EDs as the only option, rather than what they USED to do which was to include them in an extras folder

If you were wondering, they also hardsubbed it.

lelouch dies

I watched TTGL instead.

it will be the new AoT

I never watched Code Geass

started watching it
in dubbed because lore wise it makes sense

I recently came back to Sup Forums this year, maybe my senses were telling me something was about to happen. Last time I had been a hard user of this board was when Code Geass was airing. We used to do live stream threads and I had so much fun. I have so many good memories of those times. I am so fucking glad, you guys have no idea. I hope we can enjoy with the newfags too.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT

Wow, look guys, a living a oldfag!
Quick, give him attention

That was a cool anime, one of my first one back in the day (never finished though) but... Lelouch Lamperouge with the accent is a really really stupid name when you are a french native speaker.

What more progress can the plot go through?

Unless this isn't about Japan and instead takes place in a different country.

smoke and bubbles

I watched like the first 5 episodes when it came out and have never gone past episode 8 because it's shit.

Watched it as it aired and again about a year or 2 ago but doesn't really make a lot of since to have another season

I've seen CG, but not "live with Sup Forums," as some people talk about. What exactly does that mean? Is there a live stream with something like a twitch chat that Sup Forums gathers on? Or do they just mean daily discussion threads as the show is run?

>and season 3 will be their first.
What kind of retard would watch S3 without watching R1 and R2?

Back in the day we would get MMS streams.
It was really fun to watch with Sup Forums.

>majority of modern Sup Forums
It's disturbing how that's probably true. Too many oldfags have left and moved. It's almost a decade, but I'm still here.

Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for. Why doesn't it happen anymore?

>back
Why would you do such a thing.
You had earned your freedom user why come back to the shithole moot left it to be once even he left?

Tiny hats

Never bothered to watch Geass as I was into Narutu and Gundam SEED at the time, but Karen was one of my first animu faps

Circumstances are different.
HS wasn't a think when Code Geass was airing, and we could end up waiting for subs for hours and sometimes even days.

For example, in 2008 I had a relatively old computer that couldn't handle HQ video, so I had to wait until Eclipse (the subbing group) released their LQ version.
Both Eclipse and gg (which only released HQ versions) could take quite some hours releasing.
Sometimes, they wouldn't released because they were working on the karaoke.

These days, with CR/HS you can get the subs episodes rather early, so the need for streams isn't as big as it used to be 8-10 years ago.

>millenial anime fans

Now THIS is next level tipping right here

Dub was great if only for CC's voice and JYB in his prime

Thank you very much for the response, user.

newfags don't deserve JIBUN WOOOO

>caring what newfags say
>being this butthurt

No problem.
Now, to give you an estimate, when we were lucky, we would get subs 1-2 hours after the RAW episode got uploaded, and the RAW episodes would generally get uploaded 1/2 hour to an hour after the episode aired (a few times they would get uploaded almost immediately, but if we were unlucky, it could take a few hours - just for the RAW - especially the decent ones).

Generally, it would take 3-4 hours for the episode to get subbed (gg used to be faster than Eclipse), and then you would have to wait until enough people had downloaded the torrent, meaning the DL would be slow as hell until enough people had the episode (and seeded it). Even XDCC could be slow, though for me that was the best option at the time.

Now, I'm not sure if it's just me, but back then I don't recall RSS downloads for torrents, so unless you weren't tracking the subbers, you wouldn't get an automatic download for the episode, which you can easily get today.

>Leaving Sup Forums
Daily reminder that we are here forever
Only moot had the willpower to get out of here
Snacks still posts at /jp/ time to time

This is pretty accurate. Anime fans have it so easy these days. I fucking hate to say it, but even streaming has come a long way and is almost an acceptable method

It's a fucking normie anime you're not in some super secret club fuck off

Anybody who hasn't seen Geass shouldn't be posting on Sup Forums, it's as simple as that.

It's a very popular and well known show, so you've got no excuse.

It's bad and it always was

>millenial anime fans

Are you fucking kidding me.

The majority of Sup Forums was probably born between 92-95 at this point.

The only bad thing about not watching geass is that Sup Forums might convince you to watch geass for the first time

I've never seen Code Geass because the character designs look beyond retarded and is trying too hard to be edgy. I'am surprised Sup Forums likes this shit and hates Naruto

Watch it or fuck off. Those are your options.

>millenial anime fans
Unless you were born before 1981 or after 2000, you're a Millennial.
You know that, right?

Fan service. So much fucking fan service that it's kinda embarrassing, especially with the noodle people. On the upside, there's also fan service of best thicc girls, so there's that.

It's been a while since I last saw a mayonegg. Are the old memes coming back too?

>implying you'd care for Code Geaas without based Lelouch
>watching those OVA shits
>ever
No its not worth without the Emperer

well,they have good taste and don't want to watch shit.
I regret watching it.

this You all have very shit taste

are you saying theres going to be a 3rd season of code geass

Yes, Code Geass Lelouch of the Resurrection.
No kidding.

isn't lelouch supposed to be dead

That's disappointing. The ending was good.

How the hell are CLAMP designs edgy?

Have you SEEN CLAMP designs? All points, edges, and lines. Look at Lelouch, he's at least 40% edge, 30% lines, and 30% points

What about mistranslations, overlocalization and failed American actors and actresses?