Strategy

>strategy
>MC wins battle by exploiting a weakness the viewer was never made aware of

>mystery
>MC solves the case by remembering something the viewer never sees

Your picture isn't anime, but yeah, those are hallmarks of bad writers, and it's not exclusive to anime.

>*gulp gulp gulp* PUWAAAAAA

>dr freeman
>im aperture

>>mystery
>>MC solves the case by remembering something the viewer never sees

Yeah, this never fails to piss me off, no matter how it's presented a mystery should always, as far as possible and without presenting the killer's or third person view, present to the viewer or reader all the clues that lead to the solution that the reader might deduce it for themself or at least easily understand how the detective will come to the solution.

TRULY KYOANI'S MASTERPIECE

>fighting
>villain turns good, everyone forgive him for killing like a million person

I like this picutre, it's fun.

Me too, I like that expression of "this shouldn't be working".

>fight begins
>one sided with mc losing
>five minutes top
>one sided with mc winning
Riveting.

>mystery
>the mastermind behind everything was conveniently hidden behind the camera the entire time

>villain is super powerful, but being beaten makes them an ally but powers them down to be roughly as powerful as the main cast for contrived reasons

>mystery
>the mastermind can mind control participants

The mysteries are actually all built up pretty well, except when you need info on a characters past, and those arcs aren't even a little bit about the mysteries.

>MC defeats the main villain through the power of friendship
>In a one-on-one fight

He always dies after that

You rang?

Vegeta is still very much alive

>Mfw Piccolo

>growth
>MC pulls out a 'new technique' they apparently developed offscreen even though we've never had significant lengths of time where we don't see what the MC is up to... and it seems impossible that the MC could have done this in private too.

>MC and Rival are evenly matched
>this can only be demonstrated by them both awkwardly punching each other's cheeks at the same moment

Why would Piccolo fall under this? Goku was already on par with him by the time they fought in the tournament, plus Saiyans in general are the strongest in the show. As for the non-Saiyans, Piccolo is on top (above/below 18? im not sure)

Jimmy Kudo is a gary stu

No, Goku just powers up that much after every fight. Remember he was still more powerful than Goku at the beginning of DBZ, but as time went on he was quickly overtaken and vastly surpassed by Goku.

I read the first arc of a mystery manga recently where the MC had a literal super computer for a brain. Besides certain things that were never shown to the reader, the only way to guess how the victim was killed was to have knowledge of not only advanced surgical tools (those robotic wire probe things used for less traumatic invasive surgeries) but that it had been heavily HEAVILY modified with all sorts of tools. And to understand the exact care requirements of a very rare pet.

Dropped it as soon as the case was solved. Those types of mystery series are more about just wanking off the MC than actually solving the mystery.