BAKA!

I just finished watching this stupid anime. Why did they glorify this asshole at the end with that running scene sympathizing with his crimes? That's not how he dies in the manga. They wasted 15 minutes on that shit instead of the after-story chapter.

The entire point of his breakdown was to demonstrate that for all his wile and posturizing, he was always only a megalomaniac habitual liar with inside knowledge of an overpowered book, but an idiot through and through. L was the only genius in the end. The other characters were just reactionary protagonists against a baboon. That was the moral.

What hack director wrote the second half of this show and has he been blacklisted from ever making another anime yet? If you want something done right in this world you really have to do it yourself. What IRONY that that was the only kernel of truth to Light's childish crusade to be God.

>glorify this asshole at the end with that running scene sympathizing with his crimes
Did we watch the same anime?

There's truth to that, the anime tries to make you feel all sad that Raito-kun is drying while in the manga he just drops dead lack a sack of shit yeeah

Sorry about my grammar on that entire post, i just woke up and broke a cup of glass

>the anime tries to make you feel all sad that Raito-kun is drying
No, it doesn't.
It paints him as a pathetic piece of shit that can't even man up to the fact that he lost when there is no way around it.

Yes it does, the cute little music, the pretty colors, L waiting for him, it was all made by design to make the fangirls cry hoping that there was another way around it, doesn't come even close to the pathetic death he suffers in the manga

I liked how in the manga, Light begged for Ryuk to kill everyone in the room out of desperation only for him to realize that he was writing Light's name.

>broke a cup of glass
Yeah we can tell

>cup of glass
I don't think that's good for you user-kun

He doesn't realize, because he is one of those fangirls.

I dont think him having a generic villain freak out moment was very glorifying.

This
OP is retarded, anime made him look extremely pathetic

>glorify
>sympathizing
I agree they should haven't added that running scene but the anime did show him as a megalomaniac habitual liar etc.

They also didn't include the final chapter of the manga.

That's not pathetic. He died calmly at the stairs after somehow regretting his all actions.

He didn't regret shit, he was just sad that he was deding

He saw his younger self. That's usually means regrets like what if I just continue studying instead of using the notebook.

>he didn't explain how to kick
Sides=obliterated

>L was the ONLY true genius
>Light beat L
Fucking shitposting

>L was the only genius in the end

Kek

Lfags are still crying 10 years later

>cup of glass
You're supposed to fill them with coffee

To be fair L only died due to something he had no knowledge of. Light was a bit smarter in that regard compared to L, but overall L was the more intelligent of the two, if it came down to both of them having the exact same knowledge of the Death Note, L would have won.

But, it didn't go that way unfortunately and the manga started to suffer because Mello and Near despite their individual characteristics, weren't as interesting as L.

At least we got Swimming Lessons out of it in the end though, that and I guess L being Jesus and Light being Judas in the anime.

dubs of truth

I love how Near brags in the end how he and Mello together surpasses L, even thought Light did nothing but fuck ups the entire second part

Yep, Light is the entire reason of his downfall. Near noticed patterns and Mello was brash, but Light just kept going apeshit thinking they weren't nowhere near L so he had nothing to worry about which led to mistakes.

Its probably one of the better parts of Death Note is that "Is Light, right or wrong?" and "Where exactly and how did he go wrong/mess up?"

Rather interesting. Honestly if you want to get down to it, it wasn't so much Light's mess up, as it was Mikaru's. He was too pragmatic in the way he did things, though it was Light's choice to use him.

>you will never understand how light would get caught

Man, the manga ending is brutal. Call me a pleb if you want, but it's still one of my favorite ending ever.
The anime toned down the dark tones a lot and falls flat in comparison.

>missing the point THIS hard

kill yourself my man

Light already had some pretty narcissicistic views on the world before death note, once he gets power, that was just the excuse and tipping point

also, the entire story of death note is a "what if the ring of gyges was a book?" and what happens when you give a (mostly) normal person the power to kill and to get away with it, do they change the world, or are too afraid to use it?

tl;dr nigga u dumb

I liked the anime ending. The Death Note was a curse after all. It was a humanizing touch that made the character more realistic. I didn't feel his pathetic side and selfishness were in any way toned down. He still sacrificed people who trusted him for the sake of alleviating his boredom and winning the contest with L and L's successors. Also, when he relinquished ownership of the Death Note, we also saw Light the way he was before the Death Note, which also showed his sympathetic side.

The anime ending merely provided a throwback to that time by also showing one more time the person he was before he found the Death Note and the tragic fate that befell him because of the Death Note..

Reminder that Light did nothing wrong.

Except lose.

>seeing flashbacks before death isn't common

wew

the anime ending was done beautifully.

OP here I should have known Sup Forums was just as stupid as Light so of course they empathize with him.

But holy shit you people's stupidity is baffling. You are literally the most unintelligent scourge to type on the internet. The day Sup Forums dies will be a point of novelty and kairotic moment for all mankind.

Oh yeah, in b4 your pedo mods delete my comment and ban me like the sacks of shit they are.

Who the fuck said that Shin Godzilla can't come ashore?

>this upset over anime opinions

Kek

You are the cancer killing Sup Forums

The whole point of the ending scene wasn't to sympathize with light but rather to see the wasted potential of Light's life, hence the whole 'regular student Light walking the other way'.

Everything Light did was a maniacal ego trip that ultimately accomplished nothing.

It's supposed to be disgusting and pitiful.

>To be fair L only died due to something he had no knowledge off
Both had advantages.
Light was just a random highschooler/college guy who had a police father. While L was a billionaire who no one knows his face, not even the police.
The Deathnote just leveled the playing field instead giving him an advantage.

and you are the shitposter killing Sup Forums, off yourself