catholicbridge.com/catholic/catholic_mass_full_text_latin.php
latinvulgate.com
vulgate.org/
universalis.com/
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
archive.org/details/BreviariumRomanumBilingual
youtube.com/watch?v=PyWBaIEkZ7w
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
staugustineacademypress.com/treasure-and-tradition-the-ultimate-guide-to-the-latin-mass/
youtu.be/23-_hReU_bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn Latin like your ancestors did. Except they had no electric light, no internet, no computer, no public library.

fucking loser.

Don't

There wicked pagans that burn in hell
youtu.be/MzrVCdtJ1WQ

Do you have any recommended sources for learning Latin?

Not translating the mass is how you get a nation of Catholic Pagan mixture like Mexico.

They couldn't tell you the first thing about basic Christian principles but they can tell you which saint to ask for good luck

Nope. wish I did. I haven't learned it yet myself, I've been wanting to for years.

But you can learn prayers individually in Latin, they are all over the internet. I memorized the Hail Mary in Latin a few years ago. It's fun.

christcuck faggots this is Sup Forums and your faggot thread is not Sup Forums related.

there's a reason it's a dead language. The culture that used to speak it fucking collapsed and the only people who speak it now rape children. I wish I was kidding lol. Welcome to Earth.

>religion of priests
>For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Do you really believe that God can only understand latin? Pray how you want to pray. He'll get the message.

Your religion is based on jews. Start studying up on the old pagan gods, user.

>meme flag

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk
This link is packed with language resources. Click Indo-European then Italic. My recommendations for Latin are Latin - An Intensive Course supplemented by New Latin Grammar - Allen and Greenough. If you want a simpler introductory book Wheelock's is good as well. Once you have a grasp of the basics look up the Perseus online library as well as Latin authors on Gutenberg, there are plenty.

Get a missal my dude. Baronius Press and Angelus Press do good 1962 ones. I'll be getting one soon.

They should have the text of the mass available in th format church too.

Basically get comfy with the layout of the mass in advance and it'll make a lot more sense.

I learned Latin in school which helps, I'd unironically recommend learning it if you like languages and history

The Devil hates Latin. Learn it and fight Evil. Arm yourself, soldier.

youtube.com/watch?v=3-oYijJF7pI

Novus Ordo shill begone

You get that retarded shit because the church allow it to occur, and because lukewarm cultural Catholics don't give a shit about the religion when it comes down to it.

You don't get that in Latin mass churches, people know their shit there

Thanks based nip

This. Worship deer corpses and rivers long since dried up or nothing at all!

Diabolus eunt domus

Just a statement of fact; a practicing Catholic doesn't need to understand the language to understand what's going on. Did you recently convert?

are you fucking stupid? most of our ancestors didn't even know latin.
they just went to church because everyone else went to church.

And heard Latin Mass. And sang Latin songs.

Begone, Devil. We see through you here.

Fake and gay. Priests don't replace Christ anymore than a pastor would.

All Jewish myth cults are false.

does latin bring you closer to god?
don't be a pretentious faggot.

So is your dick.

The last time I went to church they did mass. I went ahead with it because I assumed everyone was supposed to. The guy at the front gave me the Jesus wafer, but I didn't realise what it was. I expected bread, but instead I received what looked like a plastic circle. I assumed it was inedible so I stuck it in my pocket without saying a word to the priest. So you're not the only one who suffered from not knowing what the fuck is going on in a church.

Worshiping rivers is better than worshiping Jewish mythology and Jews

quia non est nobis conluctatio adversus carnem et sanguinem sed adversus principes et potestates adversus mundi rectores tenebrarum harum contra spiritalia nequitiae in caelestibus

I don't like the new mass
You are right. The church that doesn't translate their form of worship doesn't care about the people they're supposedly evangelizing

I know the more traditionalist enjoy the Roman larping but guess what you aren't winning anyone over who doens't know the first thing about Christianity by introducing it to them in a dead language

Maybe it does. How would you know?

What board do you think you're on?

The responses, chants, incantation, etc. sounds more fluid and has a certain flow to the mass.

Basically a cunning emperor realized that his empire had gone about fighting the Nordics all wrong, and formed an unholy alliance with jews and compiled a religion that forbid usury among gentiles, ensuring that jews would be sought out by kings and lords in need of financing and financial apparatuses, and thus allowed to spread across Europe.

And for identity reasons, you've allowed those long-dead people to put their hands upon your throat.

That is what the fuck was going on.

Fuck you Jewish myth worshiping cultists, crucify all christians

because everything is god, dipshit, and god doesn't give a fuck what language you speak

archive.org/details/WheelocksLatin6th

>STOP APPRECIATING EUROPEAN CULTURE WAAAHHHHHHH

Faggots can be saved to user. You just need to ask for forgiveness.

I attend a protestant church but Catholic mass really very comfie in it's own way. Church isn't supposed to be about such superficial things and they aren't really nessesary for worship but the insense, chanting, and how beautiful the buildings themselves often are really does lend itself to the atmosphere of reverence.

>So then, brothers, stand firm, and cling to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter. 2 Thessalonians 2:15

>Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. John 20:30-31

Take the Ortho pill, Protestant brothers. We hate the Pope too, but we've conserved traditions, doctrines, and rituals from the earliest days of the church. We hate the papacy too, but Luther went too far, and when he reached out to us to establish communion, we rejected him on account of his Sola Scriptura nonsense.

The Sola Scriptura BS and the iconoclastic mania is why there are a bazillion different branches of Protestantism. You all can't even agree on what the sacraments mean, free will, whether to serve leavened or unleavened bread, grape juice or wine, at the Eucharist. You all can't even agree on when and how many times baptism must be performed.

I really believe there will be an Orthodox revival and loads of Protestants coming back to the original church.
youtube.com/watch?v=WosgwLekgn8

Orthodoxy is not a complete rejection of Roman Catholicism

If you joined The Orthodox Church out of disdain for Catholics you joined for the wrong reasons

It could be said that the church of Rome is rejection of Orthodoxy

>believe sola fide
>also believe tgat Catholics are going to hell despite professing faith in Christ

Have proddies ever managed to reconcile this glaring contradiction

Who said I hate Catholics? I hate the higher echelons of the Catholic Church, the popes who acted as dictators and emperors, the clerical celibacy BS leading the priests to become sexually repressed boy diddlers, the Catholic "only within the church is there salvation" spiritual totalitarianism, that all Christians not in communion with Rome are not saved. I don't like the Marxism and leftism, the political correctness that is infecting Catholicism and Protestantism both, yet Orthos are completely immune to.

Orthos have a genuineness and humility to them, in that we don't proclaim salvation or lack thereof upon other Christians depending on whether, and we regard faith vs. works as a false choice. The papacy was too authoritarian, but Protestants too iconoclastic. They saw the papacy was corrupt, but they threw the baby out with the bathwater.

correction: we don't proclaim salvation of lack thereof upon other Christians depending on whether *they are in communion with us

here is a good video detailing Anderson's retardedness:
youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc

Eastern Christianity is just politically correct Roman Catholicism.

It has everything Catholicism has, but it has little concessions here and there. It allows people to use contraception, it takes a modernist view of celibacy and chastity, it does away with the nulla salus doctrine because it isn't feel good enough, it downplays hell, mortal sin, and may as well be universalist in all but name...

Even though in the past, it may have had a rigorism that surpassed Catholicism, these days, its just the modern alternative to Roman Catholicism.

I can see why so many people convert. It's exotic and lax. Everything RC has, but without the hard bits.

>It has everything Catholicism has, but it has little concessions here and there.

No dictator popes, no proclaiming salvation or lack thereof upon other Christians hinging on their communion with us, instead deferring to the Bible which simply calls for devotion to Christ, believing in him as divine, as savior, and as God in the flesh, and repenting for your sins. Only Prots and Cathos are going around saying this branch or the other is going to hell. And this has been the Ortho position throughout its history.

I believe truly that there is going to be an Orthodox revival, with Protestants realizing there is a path and magnificent culture, practice, and tradition going back over a millennium in Christianity sans papacy.

>It allows people to use contraception, it takes a modernist view of celibacy and chastity

Contraception was never addressed in the Bible, so this is a personal decision. As for celibacy and chastity, these were paths that were lauded and deeply respected going back to ancient Christianity, but were never a prerequisite to becoming a part of the church governing body.

The redpill here is that the popes with all their concubines, whores, and illegitimate offspring didn't want any priests of renown setting up rival dynasties. Priestly celibacy served the higher echelons very well, and the Orthos had nothing to do with it.

>it does away with the nulla salus doctrine because it isn't feel good enough

This is all a big semantical shitfest. Full communion, partial communion, what constitutes a true saved Christian, these are all notions engendered by the authoritarian Catholics, and if anyone has had to dumb down nulla salus, it was the Catholics, because the whole "if you're not a Catholic you're damned" BS was so repugnant, even the Catholics themselves were sick of it.

>it downplays hell, mortal sin, and may as well be universalist in all but name...

Define "downplay" for me.

Hello where are the proofs please. I have yet to see an empty Latin church on a Sunday, but I've seen plenty of empty-looking NO churches with only a few grey heads around.

Plus the number of Tridentine order priests being ordained in countries like Ireland is greater than the number of secular NO priests, suggesting that the greatest growth in the church is in the TLM sector.

Furthermore, your statement implies that Novus Ordo IS the way to introduce people to Christianity. Declining attendance and ordination numbers on the Novus Ordo side would contradict that

I heard most didn’t participate. They just showed up because it’s required. The priest did his thing at the altar while you just sat a prayed. Most people didn’t even receive Communion regularly.

I don't think you "get" orthodoxy.

>only devotion to Christ is necessary for salvation
>anything that isn't addressed in scripture is up to personal decision

This isn't an orthodox mindset.
I'm guessing that you converted from protestantism.

Also, with the point about the orthodox downplaying hell, the orthodox church has no conception of mortal sin, despite st Paul stating that there is such a thing.
The orthodox also dismiss many marian appiritions partly or mainly because the appiritions talk about hell and repentance. The orthodox make it clear that they want to avoid the issue of hell and focua on their mysticism

>How do I better follow the Tridentine mass?
let them be alone with your children of course. this is where the whole thing leads. they fuck your kids and blackmail you with your own confessions

My suggetion is that you subsitute weelocks for some 1800s or early 1900s Latin textbook. The reason why is that Weelocks is written by BERG. Then know the whole List of Paul B. Diederich's Basic Vocabulary of Ancient and Medieval Latin, which consists almost 90% of Latin from both ancient and Medieval latin. You will only have to go to the dictionary RARELY if you know this thing.

Also to pracitice reading real latin I suggest beginning with Caesar's ON the Gallic War, and then the Latin Vulgate, both are similar in style, which is simple and easy. Caesar wanted to be easily understood as a General issuing orders. The Chuch wanted people to understand the Latin Vulgate because of the Vulgate, it was written in common man's conversational Latin, and they wanted people to understand it easily if they were learning Latin.

Was about to post this. He's a total heretic and teaches pretty much the complete opposite of what the bible actually says. I love the irony of him asking where will he be banned from next... Where indeed.

>Paul B. Diederich's Basic Vocabulary of Ancient and Medieval Latin, which consists almost 90% of Latin from both ancient and Medieval latin. You will only have to go to the dictionary RARELY if you know this thing.
I mean 90% of Latin that is used in writing. It is over a thousand of the most common words in the Latin language. Also if you read something more challenging like Cicero, don't feel bad, his speeches were not meant to be easy since he was a POLITICIAN.
Caesar and Jerome wanted men to UNDERSTAND easily what they were saying, Cicero certainly did not.

can no one else hear his blatant faggot lisp? i mean he's hiding it but its buttfucking strong. i never see anyone comment on it

>Go to an English language mass until you're familiar with what is going on
>Go to the Latin mass. It's going to be the same thing but now you know what's going on.

Alternatively, you could do what centuries of people have done and go pray your rosary off to the side and only pay attention to the front when there's something big going on.

For the Latin Vulgate I recommend reading Romans or 1 John. Both are really easy. Gospels has more variation in vocabulary, obviously, since it is much longer. And read Pslams in Latin. HIGHLY recommended since you will know the Gregorian Chants!

Most didn't participate. The singing was done by monks, nuns, and priests.
>sat and prayed
more likely knelt and prayed. Pews are relatively recent. In medieval times you generally stood.

I've almost never seen a lamer Latin apologetic. First of all, do you really want to get into something like, "our church is better because it's harder?" If that's the case, then how are those Fishy Fridays in Lent treating you?

Furthermore, who says we "may as well be universalists?" That's plainly libel. There is a damnation. Our "repudiation" of extra ecclesiam nulla salus is based on the fact that we don't think that Daddy over in Rome is the one who will judge.

To deal with the specific accusation of "political correctness," what's this I hear about revision of hymns concerning the Jews in Vatican II?

Just become a protestant you filthy nigger.

>nigger.
catholic

pick one

dhspriory.org/thomas/
Thomas Aquinas has very simple Latin. Youll sound like some fancy philospher reading it in Latin but its actually really easy compared to Cicero and stuff like that.

Romans 3:31
Legem ergo destriumusper fidem? Absit: sed legem statuimus.

hiberna-cr.wikidot.com/downloads
This website has a download for Diederich's Basic Vocabulary. It's been around since the Great Depression so you can get it elsewhere.

destriumus

>despite st Paul saying there is such a thing

This is just like Matthew 16:18, where Latins think there's only one possible interpretation of a verse. As with other things you've "called out," like extra ecclesiam nulla salus, it's more the case that we don't have such a drive to autistically systematize everything.

At any rate, it's more libel that we "downplay repentance and hell." There is a specific view of hell endorsed by many Orthodox that I think is wrong ("Hell is just God's love experienced as pain, maaan") but even in those cases there's no denial that it is eternal torment. When you say something like we "want to avoid the issue of hell," to be honest it just makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about

Also interesting psychoanalysis regarding why we reject marian apparitions.

>orthodox downplaying hell
I had to post this meme KEK

Lingua Latina per se Illustrata can be a fun and easy way for many to learn basics.

Many ways to learn though. Could just use a grammar and graded readers etc. But probably a beginner course book is useful if you don't know how to start.

Catholic Mass in English and Latin:
catholicbridge.com/catholic/catholic_mass_full_text_latin.php

Bilingual Vulgate Bible exists on many websites, usually with Douay-Rheims translation. For example:
latinvulgate.com
vulgate.org/

You can access sites like
universalis.com/
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
for bilingual texts on the Liturgy of Hours.

Roman Breviary as a PDF from 1962:
archive.org/details/BreviariumRomanumBilingual

youtube.com/watch?v=PyWBaIEkZ7w

>It's a fedoranigger tries to call other people "cucks" episode.

They literally have a translation guide in all of the pews.Unless you're a literal retard, it's easy to follow along.
If you grew up with the Novus Ordo (Modern English/Vernacular Mass) you'll still be able to tell at what point in the Mass they're at due to experience.

Fuck off, Kike.

>I went ahead with it
Oh no
>I stuck it in my pocket
Quadruple oh noooooooo
But really they can tell if someone who goes up doesn't know/isn't ready for Eucharist, so they really should have been watching you.

stop, the cringe, i cant take it, stop trying to sound roman you african mixed shitskins

but its true

should he give the cookie back to the priest or can he just throw it away?

>Contraception was never addressed in the Bible, so this is a personal decision.
Wrong!

And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him.
8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.
9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
10And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also

Anderson is shit-tier entry level retard Protestant
Walter Veith is patrician: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

Place it in the tabernacle

>faith in Christ
>you're not saved by faith in Christ's completed work at cavalry... you must pray to a cracker and bow to the pope or you are not saved because there is no salvation outside of the Catholic church... ie your faith is in the black pope and his church
Fuck off retard.

A decent amount of what the priest is mumbling up there, isn't actually printed, or meant to be understood/followed along with. Obviously the better part of it is printed, and can be followed along with, but it isn't necessary. It's the 1962 missal if you haven't figured that out yet, however I found it impossible, to keep up using the missal with no prior knowledge. It would be better to be entirely lost for the duration, and have really had time to prepare for communion; than to have followed along at 75% frantic, and discombobulated. Personally the first few times I went I tried real hard, to follow every bit, and its impossible; I've since learned it much better, but I've found it's way more legit to be able to enjoy and listen to the music in peace, instead of searching for the last phrase the priest said.

Anyhow.. I've asked your question all over the place previously, and the best answer I've gotten, is the following book.

staugustineacademypress.com/treasure-and-tradition-the-ultimate-guide-to-the-latin-mass/
youtu.be/23-_hReU_bM

Extremely awesome illustrations, totally on point and up to date, concise; literally perfect imo. I couldn't find a pdf, but I have the printed book. If you can't find it or afford it, I'll scan it, it's 60 pages, so look hard before you let me know if you want it scanned..