Why didn't NERV hire an in-house psychiatrist? God knows they all needed it

Why didn't NERV hire an in-house psychiatrist? God knows they all needed it.

>japan
>even knowing what PTSD is

>asking for mental health professionals in fiction
A character that cannot fix themselves is worthless. Mental health first aid is a stigma for a reason.

Cause EVA was a meme project no one thought it would work,and was just for kicks

Perks of dating Shinji:

Smart
Talented musician
Fights world-threatening eldritch monstrosities
Bears excruciating pain so he can save all the people he loves
Saves the world a few times
Basically a god at some point

They purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

>anime
>psychiatrist

>UN pouring all their budget into it
>literally humanity's last chance at survival
>lol just a prank bro

Perks of dating Kaji:
Hot
Grows plants (shows caring nature)
Designer stubble
Mysterious motives
Reminds you of your dad

>that picture

>he fell for the psychiatrist meme

Why were the EVAs only piloted by 14 year olds again? I forgot when they explained that.

emotional teenage magical energy or something

The had to be born during the second impact or something like that.

Anime son

He's a womanizing douche. Shinji is a loving man.

10/10

Your mom has to be dead and ready for insertion into the robot, except for Rei because reasons.

This meme is stale.

>Misato will never come home from work, plop on the couch and put her feet in your lap for you to rub

Life is suffering

They did keep a psychiatrist on staff, but I heard he was a real quack.

It was,they though they was buying a meme project that would not work.Why you think in the first episode they mad it worked,and why you think UN used all it had before trying the meme

Yeah I hate Kaji too I was just playing doubles advocate

Wasn't Lilith Rei's mum?

Canon material confirmed that in order to be a pilot, your mom has to be the robot.
Though now that I think about it, that doesn't explain why/if they have to be teenagers, but now they don't age apparently so they're always teenagers anyways.

I know yall' kidding around, but basically it boils down to that EVA's only work on kids with major psychological issues.They've got to be broken inside.

It's fucking stupid.
Who designed these shitty mechs?

>Wasn't Lilith Rei's mum?
Lilith is everyone mum technically. Rei was also Lilith in the end so it gets kinda weird. I wouldn't worry too much about the fine details of these things. The setting is really inconsistent on that front.

>Canon material confirmed that in order to be a pilot, your mom has to be the robot.
If we're talking Rebuild that probably isn't always the case since Mari can pilot 02 and any core with her mom in it would have been destroyed with Unit 05.

So that's why Shinji's dad was a piece of shit? He was just trying to make his kid the greatest EVA pilot of all time? And what about Toji? He was pretty stable and he was going to be the fourth child.

The mom thing is true, but I'm pretty sure the pilot had to be born during or close to the Second Impact. That's why all of Shinji's class were potential pilots, they were all the same age.

It was confirmed in a ps2 game that was said to be canon.
Mari ruins everything.

Then how was Toji chosen to be a potential pilot
Was she also a scientist who got sucked into a robot, or did they just have her fucking soul on file somewhere and were going to build a new Eva for him and put his Mom's soul in it
I can't help but feel that all of these details are kind of tangential considering how deep you have to dig to uncover any of this absurd shit

this guys' face is so wrong

Mari has had the curse of the EVA since at least the Second Impact, so Yui probably scienced the shit out of her, allowing her to pilot any unit.

I keep forgetting everyone in Shinji's class was supposed to be a potential pilot.
You know what, now that I think about it, I have no fucking idea.

Mari ruins too since everything points to her being born 18 years before second impact based on the manga timeline.. I imagine it'll just be pseudo-retconned to "you can pilot an Eva if you open your heart to it" or some bullshit like that and it's just easier when it's your mother.

I can't really remember but I think Toji mentions his mom isn't around anymore and his dad works all the time at NERV. I think Hikari mentions it's just her sisters as well. If those are both true they probably have a big soul file.

Because it's a Japanese cartoon made by Japanese people for a Japanese audience. People don't look for professional help in Japan, it's shamefur dispray. They prefer to kill themselves rather than talking about their emotional issues. Also, children are supposed to shut up and obey without questioning their elders. Otherwise they're acting like selfish brats. A depressed kid don't need a psychiatrist, not even support from his parents, he needs to stop being so selfish and man up. That's why the suicide rate among Japanese teenagers is pretty high

Considering that Toji loses control after a few minutes at the helm, its probable they all would have made really shitty pilots.

He's not a womanizer.

Had they configured the thing for Toji though? By which i mean putting his mum inside it

Toji didn't lose control, there was fucking angel in entry-plug.
And, yes, he talks about his family once, he mentions his father, grandfather and sister, no mother.

>May, Hammond and Clarkson

Fucking impossible to unsee.

The longer you look at it the worse it gets.

Because they wanted broken individuals.

Bad writing. Just like Nerv letting Shinji and Asuka goof around in EVAs

Broken people pilot like shit as shown by Asuka's perfs and they needed the Angels dead so this makes absolutely no sense