So what are you going to do when the internet dies on December, Sup Forums?

So what are you going to do when the internet dies on December, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3pR_VsMmKso
youtube.com/watch?v=cj83dL72cvg
youtube.com/watch?v=ddqR9P8zbxM
youtube.com/watch?v=GKIyt2YLvq0
youtube.com/watch?v=bd9PYIb0H2o
archive.is/UfDxG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>americans think they have sole responsibility and power over the internet and somehow their FCC has the power to shut down net neutrality over the entire internet

I'll probably still be thonking from this post
Good job

government is worse that big business in my opinion, so it's not a big deal

Go outside.

youtu.be/3pR_VsMmKso

Im going to assassinate this man. 28/11/17

Why are people so stupid regarding net neutrality? I had a popup on an open-source site yesterday saying we would get censorship, throttling, and extra fees without net neutrality. Yeah, when the government has more control of the internet, there will be less censorship. And companies will no longer try to minimize costs or increase revenue. Retarded group think.

well we did make it

a huge chunk of the internet exists in america so... yes?

>people unironically want AOL back, only this time with no alternatives

No we didn't. Darpa invented basic internet protocols but it was a british engineer that invented the ones we use today.

Pay extra shekels to post on Sup Forums
>tfw internet will be run in Ancap way

most people who are anti net neutrality are paid shills

>when the government has more control of the internet, there will be less censorship.

Same shit I did for the past 20 years with no government oversight of the net.

Fuck liberals and their love of government cock rammed down their throats

>>people unironically want AOL back, only this time with no alternatives
There will always be alternatives, unless the government regulates it and grants monopolies. And that's exactly what I'm against.

it's not liberals, it's facebook and google

>Wasn't around before 2015
>Nothing happened before that
>Somehow liberals are making a big deal about this probably because it has 'neutrality' in it and they think it benefits them just like PATRIOT Act
Stay 'woke' libtards

>can't distinguish sarcastic sentences, even when the post makes it obvious.

>implying it isn't already dead

It's ironic. At one point, Google's slogan was 'Don't Be Evil!', and look at what they've become.

Those are essentially liberal organizations and they are not the only ones clamoring for it.

I'll laugh at all the Amerimutt Sup Forumstards that shilled for Trump and corporate interests that just want to take more of their money.

Laugh at the absolute state of Amerimutts and then compare prices from the list of 15 ISPs who service my address to see who will give me the best offer now that my discounted trial period with Partner is about to expire.

Why would the internet die in December ?

I've come to the conclusion that Sup Forums is just nothing but contrarians.

The mainstream supports NN, so of course there's tons of shills in here opposing it.

Self hating amerimutt detected

No you are not. Best delete this post. You have been warned.

Actually, companies were trying to do this exact thing before NN.

I'm going to murder this poster 21/11/2016

I've seen that exact sentence posted at least five times in five different threads how about showing some proof

well we own the internet also some other governments might take suit after the USA does it and the USA which is a large chunk of internet users will be effected

Except there already is a monopoly in America. Seriously, tell me how many ISPs offer high speed internet at your address. All that's happening is the government is granting the monopoly the ability to abuse it's power much more than it already is.

what has google done thats actually evil?

To be fair, an evil business would have "Don't Be Evil" as their slogan so they can virtue signal to retards

>implying companies can't censor shit if given the power to

Don't even bother asking. 10 anecdotes is not an argument, and I doubt that user could find even 10

I bet you would compare prices Isrealfag

you ask this knowing about capcha?

itll be great when you chose your cheap plan and....try to go to Sup Forums and its under a paywall...still

Where I live net neutrality is the law since 2014.

>Seriously, tell me how many ISPs offer high speed internet at your address.
Three. I would like more, but it's been sufficient. But I know that in some areas there are monopolies going back to the municipal cable monopoly days. I'll join you in fighting that, if you like. But the government is even less trustworthy than a monopoly, so why trust them? Fight the anti-capitalistic laws that set up those monopolies where they exist.

Amerimutts dont compare prices when buying a product or service?

Is this retarded bait or are Amerimutts actually this top-tier goy?

You honestly don't know about Google buying up all the companies with DARPA contracts that were working on Artificial Intelligence and battle field robots for the Pentagon?

The absolute state of brit/pol/

Of course we compare prices you retarded kike. I just think it's funny that your mind automatically goes to money in any discussion

Google still has its Dont Be Evil slogan.

Alphabet, on the other hand...

yeah? it might be a shock, but BEFORE captcha was sorta a shitty fucking time.

Jihad

youtube.com/watch?v=cj83dL72cvg

youtube.com/watch?v=ddqR9P8zbxM

youtube.com/watch?v=GKIyt2YLvq0

The final redpill is that net neutrality is actually bad for the internet and only serves to benefit jewgle and goyflix who use it to throttle innovation while pumping you full of gay techno-communist racemixing propaganda

yeah, I remember that faggot who would spam dialsoap pictures with a bot im every fucking post, but I am referring to how they monetiZe capcha and their recognition software. go ahead goy, mark that plane for us.

google dosent, Sup Forums does. nothing stops Sup Forums from simply not offering that "service". dont like it? dont use Sup Forums

It's called acquisition, and it's legal and a solid business strategy when you have billions of shekels.

What they are doing with AI is amazing.

I never implied it was illegal. I just think their sudden interest in AI and robotics a few years ago was sort of weird. And the fact that only bought companies that had contracts with the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency kind of sent up a huge red flag with a lot of people.

i have a pass, faggot

also yes, google does monetize the developments to their softwares through your uses of capcha image and words.

you realize this net neutrality stuff revolves around EXISTING REGULATIONS being REPEALED. in other words, the internet you know and love has been the product of regulations that prevent ISPs from fucking you in the ass, and now they're going away, but you're so fucking stupid you think it's actually a good thing because da gubment is bad and corporations like Comcast are apparently just find and dandy?

Those regulations are Obama era. The internet was fine before them and will be fine after them.

I can't believe Sup Forums supports Obama administration mandates. The absolute state of this board.

>why cant places like Sup Forums use googles stuff completely free
what are you some sorta goddamn comm-oh, you are

explain to me how anyone is going to benefit from Comcast being able to say "pay us extra if you want Sup Forums to load"

Reminder that OP is from plebbit

Only a group as retarded as plebbit could think up a plan to make the internet more free by giving more control of it to the gubmint.

>tfw blumpf appointed this guy

According to people like you, net neutrality was going to "die" in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and now December.
Guess what? Nothing ever happened. Yet here you are whining about the imminent death of net neutrality for the 1000th time.
This shit is getting really fucking annoying.

Fuck off shill. That didn't happen for the first 30 fucking years without the FCC controlling the internet.

user. It all about the..
>youtube.com/watch?v=bd9PYIb0H2o

explain to me how said paywall will be implemented across an entire ISP.
explain how this will be implemented at each layer of the OSI model, and how it relates to both interior gateway protocols and exterior gateway protocols
explain how said ISP will deal with the additional overhead on shitty 15-year-old layer 2 and layer 3 devices

ISPs can't even implement goddamn IPv6 let alone something like this

inb4 manually write an access control list for every fucking public IPv4 address and ISP router interface in the goddamn world

You're a retard with a meme flag but I'll give you one more free response. It's called market forces. If ISPs start throttling websites there will be public outcry. They have no incentive to do so because pissing off the public and eroding what little trust they have is bad for business.

Most of this bullshit stems from an isolated case of a mobile network throttling Netflix or Hulu because their compression algorithm was dogshit and people were streaming huge video to tiny screens like retards and eating up tons of bandwidth. They have no desire to censor the internet, but they do have an interest in making it as fast as possible to stay competitive.

Alright you reactionary retards. Here's an actual article that talks about the content of the bill. Shocking, I know.

archive.is/UfDxG

Please read before replying.

> The kind of open-ended regulatory scheme the FCC has developed here comes with a big downside: it makes it harder for broadband providers to predict which business models will be considered legal. And that, in turn, could discourage investments in new infrastructure and experiments with new business models.

> The new regulations also bar "unreasonable interference and discrimination," a deliberately open-ended standard that will allow the FCC to police provider misconduct that doesn't run afoul of the other three rules. The standard is so broad that even the left-leaning Electronic Frontier Foundation urged the FCC to rethink it — which it didn't.

Basically, NN could be good, but the FCC took 400 pages to say, "It's against the rules if we say it's against the rules".

Classic overreach. Even the EFF agrees.

Except the internet is completely different now, and its a major threat to various power interests in a way unlike any other point of its existence. I am neutral on net neutrality, I don't know whether it is good or bad, but I don't think we should immediately assume it is bad either.

Fucking americans ruining everything,they ruined capitalism,familly,Europe what is next....the US was a mistake.

going after Sup Forums users is like chasing a mouse in a field of cows and pigs. use your fucking brain.

technically everything you mentioned was ruined by Liberals, not necessarily the USA.

ISPs literally throttled Netflix performance after an appeals court struck down some of the provisions of the FCC's rules back in 2014 until Netflix agreed to pay them money.

>muh libruls we dindu nuffin

now combine these robotic capabilities with sex doll technologies, the super fast strong slave gf that can run to get anything you want, while also having a usable pussy, the future is dope fellas

start ww3 of course

time to have some real fun with the jews

this chan shit is done

>pre 2015
>multiple ISPs to choose from
>post 2015
>1 per area
>Net (((Neutrality)))

since broadband roll-out in the late 90s, there has always been one or two choices.

with dial-up there were many more options for ISP.

Flag checks out

Why does Trump hate the poor?

>multiple ISPs to choose from
all of which use infrastructure built by Verizon, Comcast or AT&T

It's not the laws, its the reality of the industry.

Only a few companies can eat the cost of providing high-speed internet. You can't just compete against the ISPs, the free market no longer matters when it comes to proving people with internet. Your jack off theories about ancap don't fucking apply, the monopoly is here and it's not going away as long as the infrastructure stays the same.

The companies want the infrastructure to stay the same, so they shoulder out competitors with tons of cash.

true, but that infrastructure is intertwined with city utility and if the cities had more of a spine they would band together and sue big ISPs for usury

So you realize its a fuck ton more complicated then just:
>Muh free capitalist society
vs
>Muh gubament gimmie dats

Both corporate and government schemery play into this.

Everyone that hates the idea of getting rid of NN is perfectly fine with the idea of paying for their own god damned internet. Because there are NO OTHER OPTIONS.

>they don't already pay
>they would be okay paying more

the crux of nn is about censorship, and price and access.

it's already censored and already expensive, why allow it to get worse?

exactly...maybe we are agreeing on the same thing.

My shilling is done, I'm going to go brap my check from hillery now. Later Sup Forums.

Make the chairman of the FCC to resign.

So you just read what mainstream supports, and what Sup Forums "supports" (because of course Sup Forums is just one person) and that's how you make a decision? No research into what NN is to come to your own conclusion. I'd rather be a contrarian then a clueless idiot.