youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw
youtube.com/watch?v=3s2Ksz7rpck
youtube.com/watch?v=SSVJ5ZeHhAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do I lose by watching Kai?
Goku and Piccolo driving

that's about it

z first then kai

And Garlic Jr. And a lot of useless filler along the way.

About 1/4 of the picture because it's fucking cropped to 16:9

If you don't have a lot of time then watch kai, if you have tons of time then watch kai, if you have tons of time and want to watch 100 episodes of filler in addition to standard dragonball, then watch Z.

some of the filler episodes are part of why i liked DBZ so much personally
like when gohan and goku were just messing around totally relaxed as super saiyans just before the cell games, kind of comfy

Kai is 4:3

Depends on if you're watching the English dub, then Kai.

You lose all the filler if you watch Kai and stuff is significantly less dragged out, that's about it.

Kai managed to shorten DBZ by 132 episodes(159 vs 291 respectively).

I am ___

Why is the kai dub superior?

Seems you're right. It was cropped to 16:9 for the original tv broadcast but was released in it's proper 4:3 on dvd and bd.

Most of the VA's just have more experience due to the amount of times they've played the characters in other things compared to the original dub. Also the translation is better if you care about that sort of thing.

>:3
Get out of my board you fuxking normie

Losing filler and speeding up needlessly drawn-out scenes makes Kai the better show. You also miss the old OP, which isn't the same if you're not seeing it every episode, but the new one is also good despite not being iconic.

>implying normalfags would ever use :3

bump

nice nose ring fag

READ THE FUCKING THING.
An anime adaptation couldn't make justice to Toriyama's work, even if it was done by competent people.
THIS ONE WAS MADE BY TOEI.

Maybe he already read it and wants to watch it now. You're not wrong, but don't jump to conclusions.

>Should I watch Z or Kai?
Kai
The greatest OP ever made.

I enjoyed this filler personally, if only for some lighthearted stuff and the chance for Piccolo, Krillin and Gohan to have to go it on their own.

All the other DBZ filler/plot stretching is definitely worth avoiding if you can.

z
kai if you have adhd, but you're going to miss out on random scenes and convos

Forgot. Did Kai's music get replaced with shitty music because master plagerizer got caught? I don't really know much about kai since I never really bothered with it. Doesnt help that there's so many damn versions of this fucking show.

Toonami/Ocean dub, Orange Box, Dragon Box, Kai ost, Kai new ost, and the 1.1 bds that never got finished, but were going to be the best way to watch it.

It has the original DBZ OST on the Dubs.

The Japanese VO have some of the scores IIRC.

Here's how you do it: watch Kai. A few years later, if you love the show and feel like you want to re-experience that love, watch Z. By then, the objectively pointless filler will become a chance to see more of lesser characters interacting. Gohan meeting Tao was memorable despite being nothing but fanservice.
But watching Z first in 2016 is just a waste of your time.

And if you're watching dubbed, Kai is 100% the way to go since the voice actors knew what they were doing by then. I remember during the Namek saga of Z the voices of Goku and Vegeta sounded drunk and it sucked out any tension.

Read the Manga and then watch Dragonball + Z and then watch Super

OP here, does Kai end early or something? Someone on some website is saying that it ends at the Cell Saga. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like I am being gypped of an ending

They ended it at Cell saga by episode 100 but years later they added the Buu saga (the real ending)

There was a second part of Kai that covers the Buu stuff. Unfortunately, it wasn't dubbed last I checked. That was like a year ago though.

The biggest question I have is if I am going to miss out on any villains, full arcs, or important scenes?

One of my comrades said they cut it down purely by rushing conversations, cutting pointless scenes, etc, but I have a hard time believing they could cut so many episodes without removing SOME important stuff.

Don't worry, you're missing nothing. Never underestimate how much pointless fighting there can be in OG DBZ. Even the Frieza fight in Kai is too inflated and they chopped its length to pieces.

Think of it more from the perspective of the manga, which had less material than Kai and DBZ but is canonical.

You're only missing out on anime only scenes which are mostly awful bare a few exceptions (Goku and Piccolo learning to drive).
Even after cutting half of the episodes they couldn't cut some of the fillers (namely the ones they inserted into the plot)
Don't forget to watch the original Dragon Ball or you wont get anything that's happening. It's a much better adaptation than DBZ/Kai too.

Reading the manga is still the best choice.

>Don't forget to watch the original Dragon Ball or you wont get anything that's happening
I'm doing that currently. Starting the Tournament Saga in the morning. I know Z and Kai are still ways away, but I want to be prepared

Enjoy the ride.
youtube.com/watch?v=dp8BW1Bih3Y

Holy hell, is Sup Forums not completely bashing a dub like they usually do

But Makafushigi Adventure is in Dragon Ball.

That's not youtube.com/watch?v=QSOjj8Q_9b4

Kai

Look at Gohan being the focus... damn it all

halos and black popo
you gain glowing dots and blue popo

Whoa, hang on. They actually released Kai with proper 4:3 resolution and not that cropped bullshit?
Someone give me a torrent, I want to check that out.

they deleted all the cute videl moments

That's the Toonzai version. Not even the censored Nicktoons version did that.

how many fucking versions of kai are there
how is anyone supposed to find a particular one
this is honestly the reason i havent watched it, because i can only find shitty versions

We'll get around to it if the thread goes on long enough, but DBZ is one of the more accepted dubs if only because DBZ on Toonami was a lot of Sup Forumsnons' intro anime. Similar situation with Cowboy Bebop and GiTS:SAC. While I'd argue the quality of those dubs is definitely higher, the main reason the dubs aren't trashed as heavily is because the dubs specifically were such huge gateway anime.

Eitht watch Z or read the manga
Kaifags should fuck right off

Did they delete Goku being a dumbass who left her bleeding in pain on an operating table so he could stuff his face full of food instead of teleporting back with a senzu bean immediately, like a person who's not a heartless asshole would?

Kai.

Only watch Z if you want to see a bunch of non-canon filler bullshit that doesn't make much sense.

Watching Kai was glorious.

Also Goku's dub voice is infinitely better than that trash they have voicing him in Japanese

Just came by to state the LatAm dub is the only way to watch

400 episodes of fuckin bulma on namek, that's what you miss

I prefer the original episodes because of muh nostalgia, but if I never saw DBZ when I was younger then I definitely would have preferred Kai better.

The memes. Why would you want to miss them? There's a reason you're posting on Sup Forums, it's because you like them.

Watch Z remastered, kai's voices, voice lines are shittier and no blood ..

Better voice acting.

nigga, just watch the bluray version. It's uncensored.

For DB and Z sure (I grew up with it too), but Kai had the VA's replaced. Not just because Laura Torres led a strike of other VAs for better pay and shit (she wasn't even contacted for her kid Goku and Gohan roles because of that and she said she would've done it for free if asked), but also because the budget that Toei gave for the VAs was jew as fuck. Some of the main cast stated that what they were offered per episode wasn't even enough to fill a tank of gas. So they just got new VA's (goku's sounded different, but the guy wasn't bad while others varied) and recorded it in some studio in LA.
Not only that the translation was translated from the funi broadcast script instead of directly from Japanese. I don't know if the person who did their previous translations was even hired. Funi has done an awesome job with translating Kai but going from the original to one translation to another can bring up inaccuracies.
Once when I visited Mexico I managed to catch an episode on TV with the new cast and, nope, I've only seen Kai in Jap.

Wait that wasn't a dubism? Is it because too many characters were underaged or what? I only watched DBZ as a kid and dumped anything that wasn't a fight, so I've been considering a watch of Kai to learn who the hell all these Kai people are and why Goku keeps talking to them.

You lose Bruce Faulconer

You should watch DBZ with Bruce Falcouner's soundtrack. It's what we all grew up on, I can't even watch it any other way.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXJKr4bnGxk

youtube.com/watch?v=7GpeZBqKQWU

youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw

There's been so many redubs of DBZ, it's hard to find the right one. The one you want is Funimation. If you hear horns in the background, you know you're watching a shitty version

even if this is (You)-bait, I agree

i genuinely don't understand people that hate the faulconer soundtrack, it has so many iconic themes like: youtube.com/watch?v=3s2Ksz7rpck

Kind of a spoiler there, but yeah you're right

Just read the manga. It doesn't stretch things to a billion years and the art is flawless.

That and the general dislike for Goku's japanese VA.

I'd say definetely Kai. Only not too sure about Buu saga kai. Mainly because ost was complete garbage. Like really very bad.

Still hoping for a return to the driving episode in Super.

I want to see Piccolo suggesting kart racing during some down time and Beerus driving through a cloud of pollen and blowing a whole chunk out of the race track by accident with his sneeze.

Not all of us and btw it sounds like trash. Original DBZ ost is way better.

This. Non Americans got the superior dub simply by keeping the original score.

>normie
Get off of Sup Forums fucking redditfag

music

z BGMs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kai BGMs

You're not allowed to post here if you still haven't watched dbz.

Is buu saga dubbed yet?

He's lying or nostalgia blind.

youtube.com/watch?v=SSVJ5ZeHhAA

Kai because of the awesome endings.

You watch DBZ with the Level Sets until season 2

You watch the rest with the Dragon Boxes (Utsukushii-Raws)

But you start with Dragon Ball with the Dragon Boxes again (same group).

Kai is ugly and if you want to go through the story fast you read the manga.

Don't listen to the newfags retards that enjoy pointless SoL like YY but shit on fun fillers of a shounen

Kai, even in the original, removed most of the blood from Piccolo's blast piercing Raditz and Goku. Afterwards they stopped censoring stuff though.

Filler, the OST

How bloody was it in the manga?

You just made me cry

read the manga and just watch your favorite parts/sagas in Z

then maybe watch kai