HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>480x360
>hqdefault.jpg

Fuck off

Does anyone even watch this faggy show?

manga is fun

I don't get it. Rem won later on in the series so why are people still laughing at the moment?

>Rem won

hahahahahahahah, what deluded twitter remtard actually believes

This is such a fucking awkward moment. I don't even care about the romance in this show and I felt how hamfisted it was. They ran out of screen time or something, there needed to be a moment between Rem's speech and Subaru just torpedo-ing her

But she did?

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Fuck off.

Fucking this, this is also coming from a fan of the series. The fact that had to rush so much shit into the anime was absolutely stupid. They cut out so many scenes and literally and entire months of Subaru and Rem's relationship developing. Just so they can put 3 arcs into a season. I would have wanted at least 5-6 more episodes of character development before going into the meat of the story.

Don't even get me started on how they butchered all the characters except Emilia either. They made everyone look like absolute tards.

>The warmth he felt being close to her body

They had sex didn't they?

Nah, they just visit each other rooms every night since episode 11, they have these weird daily routines.

>Cut scenes, character traits and developments

Holy shit this

>Didn't include that Crusch is basically a widower
>Shortened literal chapters worth of political speeches, negotiations and monolouge to just an entire sentence
>They made Subaru look like a sperg instead of a heavily flawed human being
>They didn't include Subaru's monolouges
>Entire months of dvelopment and SOL gets cut out
>They didn't show how Subaru got his shit together making him inconsistent and only showing the aftermath which is him negotiating with Crusch
>They don't even show Subaru's through processes at all through the entire story
>Didn't show the Satella visions
>Didn't show that Al is also from another world
>Didn't show that Rem was supposed to be dead and Ram is supposed to be the only Oni in existence
>Made Rem as "safe" as possible by not showing how she is equally as flawed as Subaru not to mention how she is one of the few characters that gives him a ton shit and criticisms despite having fallen for him
>Made Subaru's relationship with Rem as "safe" as possible by not showing those two idiots do stupid shit and smacking each other upside the head to correct each other.

Not to mention that they botched the ending because they wanted a "happy ending"

My bad, meant to reply to

>Didn't include that Crusch is basically a widower

Poor Fourier, he died too soon.

waoh....so this is.... the power of patrician-level anime writing...

Here are some excerpts how episode 25 should have ended

>Of course none of the blood was his. It was from the knights lying at his feet.
>While Crusch and Rem were in a standoff with the man in front, the knights had engaged the enemy behind them. In the end, before Rem even sensed any combat, it was already over.

----

>Crusch’s left arm was severed, yet his two arms are still free to bend and turn, it was like an act to flaunt his very existence.

-----

>“Gluttony” Batenkaitos descended into a fit of deranged laughter, and “Greed” Regulus shrugged disinterestedly.

------

>Clash met clash, and in that instant she thought—
>I wish when he realizes I am gone, it could cause a small ripple in his heart.
>—This alone, was what Rem wished for in her final moment.

-------

>[Who is… Rem?]
>Having confirmed this fact with everyone on the carriage, Subaru commanded the driver to rush to the Capital with all haste, on his face was the desperate expression of someone riding into death itself.
>Impossible. There must be a mistake.

---------

>—When he arrived in the Capital, he found Rem after the attack, and when he knew all was lost, without a shred of hesitation, Subaru stabbed a dagger into his own throat.
>What he felt at that moment, he could no longer remember. Everything had turned out so perfectly, so perfect beyond everyone’s expectations — But the truth is, throwing it all away in that instant, none of it mattered to him.
>If he lost Rem, if it meant walking into a future without her, no matter how many times he must endure that pain, he will —— Only this, Subaru clearly remembers.
>Penetrating his throat, in blood, pain, searing heat, and loss, he lost all consciousness.
>When he woke, what he saw was Rem lying in a bed.
>The save point had moved forward. The place of return had changed. Subaru saw hell, and only hell.

FUCKING WHITEFOX FUCKED IT UP

Why are Remfags so butthurt.

They wanted the anime to be good. It wasn't good enough.

Because the adaptation could have been so much better

Their waifubait became a cuckold

>I love Emilia tho
>Yes...

First time I read the actual thing as opposed to spoilers.

Damn.

>Supposedly loves Rem and Emilia equally
>Rem confesses her love and accepts Subaru
>Emilia friendzones him
Despite this, Subaru still chases after Emilia instead of accepting Rem. Why? Because he doesn't actually love Rem as much as he loves Emilia. She's #2.

You know Rem is a potato right? He can do basically nothing to her unless he wants to fap over her body.

Then why did he cuck Rem at From Zero? The fact Rem is potato changes nothing, Rem will always be #2 to Emilia.

Because she told him to not give up on his shit. By the time he resolved to do something about it and was giving Emilia his 'I love Rem' line Rem was a potato. After that he gets Katawa dick

you never know how much someone meant to you until they are gone

yep thats what happened to subaru after rem fall into coma.

Actually ever since arc 6 Subaru is unable to even enter any romantic relationship because of Rem. Despite Emilia reciprocating his feelings for her.

>Number 2

I'm sorry?

...Except Rem died multiple times in front of him in a short span across 3 loops. He 'lost' Rem multiple times and still loved Emilia more despite the fact that she didn't love him back
>B-but he said he loves both equally
Actions speak louder than words

so.. his action now doesnt speak louder than words?

>Actions speak louder than words

You are right. Since actions speak louder than words. Subaru has actively fought and literally strangles people who questioned his love for Rem. Plus how despite Subaru now having more free time he spends every night talking to Rem and holding her hand. The man is absolutely broken without her. Not to mention when he encountered the Witch of Lust you know who he saw? Rem. Guess what her Authority is? Its the power to show what an individual desires most in the world. Guess what happened when Subaru found out that it was Lust and not actually Rem? He punched her and was really to pummel her before Echidna interrupted. Stating that she was defiling someone who has dear to him.

He's currently on a magic quest to revive his potato at great risk after spending almost a year digging through all sorts of shit for any kind of lead.

Also nutting up and bitching out Satella because she called him Subaru-kun and he got triggered.

Oh right that's a thing.

>Envy: “IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou—Subaru-kun.”
>Subaru: “—Don't, call me that!!”
>Subaru responds to the saccharine call with his fury provoked.
>That doting voice, behaviour, address, all of it infuriated Subaru.
>Subaru: “Who the hell permitted you to call me that. Don't fuck around. Don't you fuck around. Don't you fucking, fuck around!!”
>The closeness of being at his side.
>The affection in their calls to him.
>The sweetness of standing within distance to touch.
>The act of using that address for their interactions.
>Subaru permitted these of only one person in the world.
>—And that was assuredly not the witch standing here.
>Subaru: “Don't even fucking joke you grubby fucking witch. There's only one person that belongs to. I'm not handing it over to anyone else. Or, nope! Like I'm going to permit fucking anything to you. Do you think I'm going to waste even one strand of hair, one single cell, the grime under my fingernails in giving them to you—!?”
>Envy: “—”
>Enraged, leaving himself to anger, Subaru spits out the emotions churning inside him.
>His shoulders heaving with his ragged breathing, Subaru glares at the witch standing opposite him.

We were born in the wrong timeline.

What are the chances that S2 starts with Subaru instantly dying and resetting back to one of the many scenes they fucked up so they can do it right this time

Actions speak louder than words you say?

Subaru is trying his best to make isekai great again. But Emilia won't put in any effort. Maybe she would be more cooperative if isekai took place in a mosque? Very sad!

Not far enough. They'll have to backpedal a bunch of stuff.

>"this show is like a fantasy thriller user, watch it trust me!"
>"it's really serious and even kinda deep when you think about it!"
>"original storytelling!"
>every single thread is about which girl loves MC-kun the most and vice versa like it's some kind of generic harem show

Ah yes, I see.

>like it's some kind of generic harem show
Because it is.

Eh more of a love-triangle really, except one girl is dead and the other is shady as fuck. But if you want to talk about thriller shit you can always talk about how Subaru has the very real possibility of being the villain of the story.

That's because Rem is cute and people like trolling. If you'd like to discuss the MC getting rabbits up his ass we can do that too.

We can always talk about how one of the girl in this supposed "harem" show loves a wifebeater and is being used for eugenics. Also no, the wifebeater isn't the MC.

I wouldn't even mind that if fans of the show would just admit it and don't go on how great the show is while posting cute pictures of their waifus and wondering how their feet smell and shit like that instead of discussing the actual plot (and no, talking about the LN doesn't count, talk about the anime adaption).

>about which girl loves MC-kun the most
No one discusses that. The author already confirmed which girl loves MC-kun the most. That's not even a question at this point.

The love triangle is actually hugely relevant to the plot.
Also
>Don't talk about the characters in a character-driven story

How is this show a harem exactly?

There is only two girls that love Subaru, Rem and Emilia.

>one side character isn't in love with MC, that means it's not a generic self-insert isekai!

It's storytelling for little children, there are no meaningful relationsships that don't culminate in "romantic" feelings, hell there aren't even any relevant male characters besides MC-kun.

Yes, also this. If its a matter of who loves the MC most, Patrasche is higher in the running than Emilia.

remshit is still going to lose

>It's storytelling for little children, there are no meaningful relationsships that don't culminate in "romantic" feelings, hell there aren't even any relevant male characters besides MC-kun.
>Lets talk out of my ass and see if no one notices! Do I fit in yet?

>characters fall in love with MC-kun because he is "nice"

Wow so deep and complex.

Generic male villain and some guy that shows up for about 5 minutes don't count.

>(and no, talking about the LN doesn't count, talk about the anime adaption).
The anime adaption cut out most of the really interesting bits.
There are quite a few relevant male characters.

>The anime adaption cut out most of the really interesting bits.

Well then the anime adaption is shit, right?

>There are quite a few relevant male characters.

Name three that actually serve an important role in the anime. Not in the LN, not in the manga, not in your headcanon, but in the actual show itself.

That is not the reason given by any character, even in retarded anime-only land. .

Roswaal, Wilhelm, Petelgeuse, Julius, Reinhard

What do I win?

The crown of retards for thinking anyone of these is anywhere near as important as even the most obscure female side character in this shitty show.

Not him but it kinda is, actually. At least in the anime its conveyed this way.

All of them are more relevant than Petra or Plum. Most of them are more relevant than Ram. The only retard here is you.

What? If you wanna talk about romance I'll tell you the pairings

>Subaru (MC) loves Rem but idolizes with Emilia
>Gaaf loves Ram Ram loves Roswaal and Roswaal loves Echidna
>Echidna loves Science
>Satella loves Fugel
>Fugel loves (?)
>Beatrice loves nobody, Meili loves viloence, Petra has two boys competing for her hand in marriage (Subaru becomes their adoptive father later on)
>Julius is gay and has a crush on Reinhardt
>Reinhardt and Felt are basically a couple
>Ferris loves Crusch
>Crusch is a widower and loved Fourier
>Anastasia loves money (no really)
>Priscilla is a shotacon and molests Schult
>Wilhelm loves his wife Theresia
>Theresia is dead

There should be more but everyone basically has their pairings.

Not even close. Being generically 'nice' and nothing else get nowhere with Rem.

Being nice to Rem will get you killed. No really.

And you think this makes for any kind of realistic or exciting storytelling?

I'm just arguing that this series isn't a harem but if you want to talk about storytelling then yes. It engaging and complex. Considering how fleshed out all the characters are.

When you get into the details, yes. The characters have their own relationships regardless of the MC. Its a character driven story so their motivations matter for the plot.

You forgot that Otto will become Ram's wife

People in the real world aren't all in love all the time. Do these characters have any real aspirations or motives besides pleasing their counterpart?

If it actually happens I will celebrate with you

>Ram's wife
I know she'll probably be the one driving the relationship, but she'd still want to be the wife.

Considering Emilia couldn't give less of a shit about Subaru's confession and has other goals, yes. And she's the 'main heroine'

All of the candidates are focused on winning and most of them don't care about the affections their knights may or may not have.

Actually yes. Let's take Crusch for example, her ideology was to give Lucigna independence away from the contract of a sacred beast, since due to its protection the country has stagnated and its nobles corrupted. While Fourier's death may be why she has an extreme prejudice against the dragon it was mostly because of his death and how the royal family was easily killed is what drove Crusch's motivations into action.

Then why do you guys talk about nothing but "who wins the MC-kun bowl?!" ?

We talk about lots of stuff. If you didn't notice, you're posting in a thread about how Rem 'lost' the MC-bowl, hence why that would be a topic of conversation.

Well if you make the topic x loses the MC bowl you'd obviously have people talking about that said topic.

>hence why that would be a topic of conversation

I haven't seen a single thread since the beginning of this show that wasn't about someones favorite waifu winning or losing.

>Well then the anime adaption is shit, right?
When I actually think back to it, I can't actually disagree. Speeches were cut down, characters had their personalities amputated, and a lot of the deeper lore and mysteries of the series were cut. Hell, they didn't even include the real ending, which everyone was looking forward to.
You'd think that, if you just went by the anime. Which is what we're doing here.
A lot of the character parallels and other shit weren't quite so clear in the anime. I definitely think Rem lost at least a good half of her personality in the transition.

Then you haven't been paying attention. There's a guy that makes about 10 bait Re: Zero threads a day of various flavors.

Now, that isn't to say Rem isn't a popular topic of conversation that comes up, but the 'main' thread yesterday was mostly about Ram and the Clown and other things. The one before that was mostly about the other Witches, since their designs got revealed, etc.

S2 would probably start with the who is Rem scene.

I'm still convinced subaru is legit retarded for continuing to go after her for as long as he did, it was just dumb.

What?
This was one of the latest threads before it got saged. Everybody is talking about everything.

Puck, Roswaal, Reinhard and Mr Sloth

Literally all of that is in the LN and not in the anime. The show is still shallow and shit.

This is kind of misleading since Subaru is basically trying to get Emilia to agree to polygamy as Rem put that idea in his head.

>"omg this character looks so cute!"
>meaningful discussion

No.

No, you're kind of just a retard. It was cut down to a huge degree, but the core of things is still there.

Ahh deepest lore threads, good times.

It was because he wasnted to be the "isekai hero" of the story with his "silver-haired main heroine" before he had to face reality that what he sees is not just a game or a manga. I mean, look at the posters around his room. You can clearly tell he wanted to "escape".

Yes, that is exactly how conversations about the Clown go, you caught us. Everyone just sucks his massive dick because they think he's cute.

That's because the characters are likeable enough that wars happen. There isn't even harem hijinks at all in the story itself and the author said he hates harems and fanservice.

To be fair user, you can't really compare it to other love triangle series or haremshit because Subaru is seriously, earnestly trying to bang both of his love interests, one of which is basically just waiting for the other girl to agree to let him bang both of them.

Reminder that in the beginning, Subaru almost let a little girl get ran over by a carriage because he wanted to use his cool magic and save her and be a hero (didn't happen) and she had to instead be rescued by an actual, competent guard. The further you go back, the dumber Subaru is.

>It was because he wasnted to be the "isekai hero" of the story with his "silver-haired main heroine" before he had to face reality that what he sees is not just a game or a manga. I mean, look at the posters around his room. You can clearly tell he wanted to "escape".

Which worked out just like that in the end.

We've got a long way to go considering one of them needs to be brought up to speed on the concept of banging in the first place.

No, Rem is going to win. But her surviving the end of the series with Subaru is another story entirely. Reminder that Rem might end u like Theresia and Subaru is forced to kill the woman he loves.

Nope. He had to eat massive servings of humble pie until he started treating the people around him as people and not props for his power fantasy. He gets to think he's cool for about 5 minutes before realizing he fucked up hard.

It did and he got hell on earth for it. Basically a big "fuck you" to the wishfufillment that happens in isekais