Please bear with me. I'm very new, I'm sorry if this counts as spoonfeeding

Please bear with me. I'm very new, I'm sorry if this counts as spoonfeeding.

I have been meaning to invest more time into watching anime. I've heard good things about Anohana, Another, Baccano, Code Geass, and Steins;Gate.

Which should I watch on my birthd/a/y?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Baccano is fantastic in my opinion, almost wanted it to be twice as long just to spend more time with such a great cast of characters, but I suppose it's best as is. I'd highly recommend it because it's so short that it doesn't overstay its welcome. If you like it, good, and if not, well you didn't waste too much time, unlike lots of other series that are 24+ episodes, and sometimes several times that l. I saw it multiple times in a row, and enjoyed more each time. Due to its non chronological, somewhat disjointed storytelling style, it's satisfying to see over, and over again.
That's just my biased opinion though. I obviously liked it quite a bit, so I'd suggest it out of the ones you've listed, although Gate seems to be an awesome mind trip, and Geass seems to me to be either adored, or detested by everybody from what I've read, and heard of it. I don't know much about the first few titles you named. I'd also recommend Spice & Wolf/Maria The Virgin Witch which are both about as similarly short as Baccano, give or take a few episodes.

Go with Baccano.

>I've heard good things about Another
Unless someone told you it was a comedy, you've been bamboozled.

I'm not OP, but is it actually a comedy that's commonly mistaken as being something else, or is it so utterly disappointing that expecting anything else from it is being overly optimistic?

It's a nonsensical horror anime that can only be enjoyed as a comedy because of how laughably terrible it is.

Whichever one you want, you shit-eating turd. What the fuck is wrong with you that you can't even make such a simple decision on your own? I'd tell you to kill yourself, but I doubt you have the sufficient brain matter to pull it off.

Anohana, Steins;Gate, and Baccano are all great, but I'd go with Steins;Gate if it was my birthday.

That's a very cute pic, OP, so I'll be nice when I say that recommendation threads are a bannable offense.

For future reference.

If you want to give it the proper label, it's black comedy / dark comedy. No not your stereotypical nigger meaning, it stems from a long line of theatre that laughs at the absurdity of way too serious taboos or themes.

If you don't laugh when the rabbits frolic through the village, the internet may not be for you.

Sorry for being a crossboarding fuck, but why is it that Sup Forums and Sup Forums thrive off spoonfeeding while Sup Forums detests it?

Sup Forums has significantly more content to wade through, and Sup Forums is a straight-up garbage board.
I don't think there's much use in comparing them to Sup Forums.

Don't bother with Anohana, Another, or Code Geass.

Give us an idea of what you like. Even if you don't know to well what exactly you like, it is better than going on nothing trying to recommend

Is this satire? Why're ya so mad, M8? We all get option paralysis sometimes, as might've been the case with OP. There's so many fuggen anime to see, sometimes it's nice soliciting a few suggestions to nudge ya in one direction, or another. Mada mada da ne, baka.

The OP might be borderline, depending on who you ask, but you're literally telling him to turn this into a rec thread.
Fuck off.

If you want to actually get into the medium, you should watch them all. I think all of them except Another will feel like time well spent on a birthday. Baccano and AnoHana are more realistic to finish in a single day for a new watcher.

Also enjoy this rec-chart before you get banned.

Watch whatever interests you the most. Just because this is the anime board doesn't mean we know what you want.

OP just so you know this board is pissy about how to mask a rec thread. You can make a top 10 anime (or 3x3) thread, or a "what should I watch out of these" AKA Backlog thread, but this one borders on the bannable type.

No worries, just take it.

I just wish the spoonfeeding rule was enacted more heavily across all boards, it's like /r/ doesn't even have a purpose.

Indeed, user has been banned

MAKE Sup Forums GREAT AGAIN

Why are you such a fucking faggot? Let him learn that by himself. Kys

Sup Forums is the only board willing to self-moderate and benefits greatly from it
those spoonfeeding threads on Sup Forums are still obnoxious make no mistake

>you can't talk about anime on the anime board
Why?

>you can't use Sup Forums as your blog
WHAT THE FUCK MODS

Why?

Oh god I hope WWD gets purged to /soc/ so bad

>the user was literally requesting anime

Exactly, that's what /r/ is for newfriend

Is this truly a new era?

>Sup Forums is an anime dl site
Whoa.

>muh blog
>muh spoonfeeding
>muh board culture
it's like the mods have autism

yup that's why he got banned

Mods are fixing up everything. They are making Sup Forums great again

Thank you BASED mods

I really hope so, I'm so done arguing with sauce fags who do the cheeky faggot routine when some cocksucker provides source for something piss easy to find.
>lol I just did it to piss all you autists off :^)
Now that these crossboarding cunts are getting purged I couldn't be happier.

feel free to go back to MAL if you don't like it here

>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I am literally shaking right now. What the fuck is happening on Sup Forums?

Its going back to how it used to be. Good.

>l-leave muh safe space

Resurrection?

Ikr I'm so le triggered can someone please save us from the evil mods :(

REEEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT ANIME ON THE ANIME BOARD ON THE ANIME SITE

You know what they say about ironic shitposting.

>reading comprehension

I literally hope this is the case.
I've been tricked into thinking this so many times it's not fun anymore.
Will I be able to call Sup Forums home again?

>being this mad over some chinese cartoons

>projecting this hard

This is nice and all mods, but are you going to keep up the good work? Generals are still here and thriving with their 24/7 threads. When are they going to get scrubbed off of the board?