How does Sup Forums feel about ergo proxy?

How does Sup Forums feel about ergo proxy?

Bump

bump

I was about to give an honest answer, but you ruined it.

how?

It was decent. I liked the ending. The setting was interesting too. It was just a shame Lil was such a know-it-all.

Had a good start but got far worse as it progressed.

Thematically and aesthetically speaking, it's BadTexhnolyze

dew dew dew ding ding dadadadada dawdaw

Yououu Complete My Faiith

mawawa inside of me

You complte my FAAAAAITHHHHH

the halo crawls away

balbalbalbalbalbabal

COOMEE AND SAAAVE MEEEE takemahand and let mii follow COMEEE AND SAVE MEEEAAAAAAA AAA EEE AAA

come and save me. dew dew di dada dew dew

(witnessed)

It's great. A lot of anons are buttfrustrated with the show's eclecticism.

Except, other than both being sci-fi. it's nothing like Texhnolyze. They take opposite positions on similar topics. You can say Ergo Proxy is optimistic about transhumanism (the posthuman proxy wins in the end) while Texhnolyze is pessimistic about transhumanism.

On pretty much every other theme, the two anime have nothing in common.

Close, i'm frustrated by it's pretentiousness. It's one of the few anime where it is actually pretentious in the non meme sense, kind of like GITS:Innocence or some of the Kara no Kyoukai eps

Considering transhumanism is a core theme to both, I feel its ok to compare the two.

Also because they ARE compared all the time, because muh cyberpunk genre and dark aesthetic.

DEEEEEP

Ah the memories

Ergo Proxy is a trip of personal growth closer to Kino's Journey than Texhnolyze or Lain. Stop these misguided comparisons.

Ergo Proxy is the king of post apocylptic Kino. It has the best sci-fi aestetics put in anime to date and there's no anime with similar atmosphere or setting anywere. It's truly in its own category, a masterpiece.

It got a bit obtuse towards the end but I enjoyed watching it so I'd give it a B

It's great

The Pino episode with the amusement park was a solid 10/10.

Pino

Fantastic soundtrack, direction, mood, themes, characters, atmosphere.
Poor pacing and inconsistent animation quality.
It has everything I like in an anime, but it's not perfect. The themes about self-discovery and fulfilling roles placed on you (like the proxies and autoreivs) will always be fascinating to me as someone who drifts aimlessly through life.

Also an exceptional English dub if you're into that.

>Lil
I think you mean Re-L