Outside of Sup Forums I see a lot of people who can't stand "new anime" (for some reason) but is it the other way...

Outside of Sup Forums I see a lot of people who can't stand "new anime" (for some reason) but is it the other way around for anyone here? I find that I just can't get into old anime the same way I can get into the more recent stuff, and I say this as someone who's been watching anime for multiple decades at this point. Certainly, there were some good shows back then which are still good today, but a lot of it just doesn't have the same magic it once did, compared to new stuff where I feel like I'm always having a blast. I've run into very little recent anime where I thought to myself "Okay, that was really bad." Even at worst I generally have a lot of fun and really don't understand the issues some people are having with new stuff.

I find the only exception is REALLY old anime, like stuff from the 80s, where the animation and color palettes have aged surprisingly well. More recent old stuff is just kind of faded and the bad animation stands out pretty noticeably.

Where can I subscribe?

>subscribe
This isn't YouTube, get the fuck out.

Unsubscribed.

Upvoted

if I get 100 likes, I'll post nudes.

>Outside of Sup Forums
Fuck off.

You have a blast with all the harem and moeshit that we get now ? Of course we have still good shit, and people tend to forget that there was a lot of shit back then too and we only remember the good ones, but you gotta be kidding about not understanding why people complain about anime today.

Also what your webm ? Garo ?

>Posting Garo on Sup Forums
kill yourself, don't taint based Garo with this anime shit.

>GARO
>based
I like GARO, but it's still a flawed show. And the 2nd anime was absolute horseshit.

Garo is an anime though.

I cannot think of any flaws with the first Garo anime.

Well, here's the problem with your post: Neither of those things are as common as you claim. So if people are somehow under that misapprehension, I can understand why it led to them complaining. The question is how this lie was allowed to perpetuate.

I don't understand. What exactly is your problem then? If you can't stand post-2000 digital-colored anime then watch cel-era anime instead, like what you said.

But I do love plenty of post-2000 stuff. Just, more like post-2010. I feel like the industry experienced an awakening sometime that year because it's been nonstop greatness since then.

He wants people to praise his patrician anime watching habits.

>Outside of Sup Forums I see a lot of people who can't stand "new anime"
> I find that I just can't get into old anime the same way I can get into the more recent stuff
Outside of Sup Forums (and honestly, on Sup Forums as well) the second opinion is vastly more prevalent. Frankly, each season has some good stuff and some monotonous cliche bait. Doesn't matter if it's 1979, 1989, 1999, 2009, or 2019.

This post is going to look silly in 2019 when the world has already been a barren wasteland for two years.

That's the thing though. There are certainly cliched shows, but it's often stuff that doesn't deserve it that receives those accusations. Not to mention that originality shouldn't have to be a requirement for a good show anyway. Meanwhile some older show that's even more cliched gets away scot free.

Missing the point. There's good stuff and bad stuff from every year, ultimately which one you prefer comes down to aesthetics rather than any measure of quality.

Is there not such a thing as "quality in aesthetics"?

>What in the ever-loving fuck is a story?
Point noted. Now, get out.

Nobody said anything about story.