Why are there so few anime characters suffering from actual HIV/AIDS...

Why are there so few anime characters suffering from actual HIV/AIDS? Whenever you see a character with a terminal illness it's a made up one.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-15853743
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because a made up illness can fit the demands of the plot more easily.

Aids is outdated man. Beside its to boring. I mean I would rather watch anime with made up illness/virus that makes people orgasm constantly or turns them into monsters or even gives them superpowers than someone battling with HIV/Aids treatments. Sure it would make a somewhat decent drama, but it would be too bland and happy ending would be the patient surviving.

But if they made a anime with Breaking Bad plot where the MC diagnosed with cancer goes nuts and makes the world his oyster, breaking rules and becomes a crimal then ends up beating cancer and goes to jail. That be fun.

Because Japanese people have a) good healthcare and b) very little sex.
Aids is too unrealistic for anime.

Fictional terminal diseases don't have the stigma that real ones do.

>sexual mindbreak
>no stigma

fuck her deathscene was the first and so far only time an anime made me cry

>dying of aids
>in 20** whatever
Shit writing.

You dont die of AIDS, you die of everything else besides AIDS.

Japanese cold is a serious disease, please don't make fun of it

Because anime is escapism and some otaku are sick

Because most of the time the illness itself is not important? I don't really see the need to give a specific illness to a character unless the illness itself is part of the plot.

To be honest I can't think of many cartoons in general that have characters with HIV/AIDS, though there probably are some gay-centric American cartoons with some. That's anime though, cancer doesn't show up either. If someone dies of a real disease it's going to be a cold.

I think it was the first, but it wasn't the last. One of only a handful of times though.

It's 2016 and people are still dying of it. Plus we now have growing numbers of treatment resistant strains. 2020 is only four years away.

Strictly speaking, yes. AIDS saps your defenses, and then the barbarian hordes come rushing in to tear you apart piece by piece. But let's not split hairs here.

For the longest time general medical knowledge was not widely available to people who weren't medical professionals.
Doctors never told you what was wrong with you, they just gave you the appropiate treatment and refused to tell you anything beyond that.
A few decades ago that began to change, but it's hard to reverse that.

Additionally, at least from Osamu Tezuka's experiences, people got outright offended when real diseases were mentioned since it was apparently insulting to the ones who suffer them. Something about making the "SICK PERSON" label clear to others. Tezuka's Black Jack sometimes had to edit out disease names and replace them with made up ones.

They have Japanese trucks, Japanese rain and Japanese Colds. What the fuck else do you want?

Because outside of people with no health-care people don't die of HIV any more.

Why is OP being so specific about which disease? Does he himself possibly have it and he just wants to see someone in anime going through something similar?

He's just very impressed with SAO.

>Plus we now have growing numbers of treatment resistant strains.

Oh shit, superaids is going to wipe out humanity.

>superaids is going to wipe out humanity.
No, it isn't.
We also have a growing number of aids-resistant humans.
At 7 billion people, there is no longer a virus with even a tiny chance of wiping us all out by itself.

>Plus we now have growing numbers of treatment resistant strains
Nice!

>Plus we now have growing numbers of treatment resistant strains.
You can thank money-grubbing companies for that.

Do we get anything for our efforts?

Nah I'm perfectly healthy. Just finished SAO II today and found it odd that Yuuki is seemingly the only anime character with AIDS.

Just admit you got AIDS after fucking your boyfriend, OP.

>people don't die of HIV any more.
Are you one of those anti-vax retards?
Your idiocy is appaling.
bbc.com/news/health-15853743
Read some real data.
Even in the places with best free healthcare like UK, number of AIDS diagnoses has for years been close to deaths, and new AIDS cases still are on steady levels despite a drop in new HIV infections.

HIV is still a death sentence, just the time to execution is a bit longer now. Not for long though, with a dramatic upsurge in antibiotic-resistant strains of all the other virii and bacteria we see on the rampage.

Because deadly Japanese cold will always find a way into the story.

This is the only other anime/manga that has another character with HIV in it that I can recall.

>You can thank money-grubbing companies for that.
No, you can thank noncompliant patients for that.

I don't think you understand how antiviral resistance works.

I didn't watch the show, how did she get aids? Was it through sex? If so, was she raped?

Because seeing a real sickness in animu makes people feel bad. Like, I have a niece who was born with it, she loves anime, but even if SAO was good, I would never recommend it to her because of that plot.

I haven't either, but it can be transferred trough childbirth or medical fuck-ups in hospitals and labs.

>We also have a growing number of aids-resistant humans.

They're all niggers though. Obama mustard rice!

Because realistic illnesses like that are too boring for anime. Yuuki only had it to give her more mary sue points.

>Whenever you see a character with a terminal illness it's a made up one.

But user..HIV/AIDS is a made-up disease, too.

man-made != made up

No one wants to watch anime where the main girl is known from dying of an illness because she rode 20 quintillion dicks and refuses to ride them again after the fact she got aids.

something something blood transfusion

It was a medical fuck up of enormous proportions, their mother needed a blood transfusion after giving birth to twin via cesarean and they gave her aids infected blood. She then proceeded to breast feed her two children and transferred the disease to them in the process.

Delet

Oh I forgot to mention this fuckup got the entire family infected with aids and she's the only survivor.

It's not exactly a "fuck-up" as much as a "well-known but rare" risk of blood transfusion. This is why transfusions are not a small deal. Even if it isn't HIV, there are all sorts of things people can get from other people's blood.

why use AIDS when you can just use some unknown illness (weak body since birth) for the same effect?

You don't have to deal with research and AIDS police

Is there an AIDS police?

STDs are basically "No-fun-allowed," the diseases. Why do we need to be reminded they exist in anime too?