Was it really deep?

was it really deep?

Yes, in fact it was too deep

Yes

It was so deep it ended up being shallow

I think it was.

It was DEEP

Pretty much, best part is that it was deep both in terms of the plot and the characters.

As deep as Shinji's ass after Kaworu's done with it.

Reminder that Shinji is straight

yes it was. People like to say that 2dep4you or whatever thinger, but this wasn't one of those shows that did it ironically.

I dunno what it is, but people can see through fakery pretty easily. Ghost in the shell is one of those shows try too hard to be deep.

No, imagery without meaning is just pretentious noise.

did we ever find out whats under the bindings?

No. It just pretentious shit trying to be deep.

We know.

How so? Explain it. If you don't, you're the pretentious piece of shit here.

One of you is wrong

Something something depth perception.

The name is a good place to start. A bunch of random religious words thrown together because it sounded cool in japanese.

No. The TV anime suffered from budget and time constraints and plain bad storytelling. That's the only reason why people said it was "deep".

Calling Evangelion's story deep is like calling Dark Souls deep.

The only depth comes from a rushed ending. Everything else is very easy to follow. There's a reason people have to use outside sources to make sense of it, because they didn't give you enough to digest in the presentation.

Some people will say the symbolism is all there, and granted it technically is if look hard enough, but like everything it can be interpreted different ways.

So I guess it accomplishes it's goal as thought provoking, but not necessarily executed well.

samefag

It was extended version of the Episode 25 and 26. Deep, yes. Unnecessary? Also, yes.

It was straight up open ended.

I wouldn't call it deep. Concepts like instrumentality have been around in fiction since forever.

That being said you fucks memeing "pretentious shit" "3deep5me" are the real pretentious contrarians.

A one Spanish said Im an animale.Im 21yo today.I have played tennis for 15years.When I won a first junior championship, My mother cried for pleasure and huged me.Ive been to china for one years and studied chinese.At china I got first Japanese gf.its 19yo.
Im a human.Not el animale.I know sad,pleasure,angry,greedy,jealousy.

Asuka's virgina is open-ended. Oh wait.

>muh depression
>muh oedipus complex

not really

Although mother/son wincest is my fetish

Fuck off fujoshit

Reminder that instrumentality was a GOOD THING and actually the next step of evolution, not a step back.

Shinji was TRICKED into dispelling it by two EVIL GODS who were looking to REINCARNATE themselves.

Spread the word.

How is this shit be called deep?
It just about christian mythology from Hideaki Sup Forumsnon's perspective.
The only episodes that worth a shit is 25 and 26.

>LogH
>Fujoshit
How about you fuck off contrarian faggot?

I had to stop watching it because it got too gay for me, but I guess fags like you like that sort of fujoshit crap.

Nothing is ever really deep.
The moment people get what you're trying to tell it stops being "deep".
And if nobody gets it it's just a bunch of nonsense.

If you're talking about Kircheis he dies 1/4 through the show. Also childhood best friends =/= gay.

Fuck you, don't make a show about humanity repeating the cycles of history with spacefleets about your gay fantasies you faggot.

I bet you thought Arslan wasn't gay either, didn't you fujoshit?
It's alright, Pence will take care of your ilk soon.

I haven't gotten into Arslan, that actually does look a bit fujo.

also
>being anti-gay on Sup Forums, home of gay little girls.

Deep in the sense that it was hard to understand?
No.

Deep in the sense that it had a lot of thought put into it and you can't turn your brain off and expect to enjoy it?
Yes.

>destroying individuality
>a step forward

>Calling LoGH fujoshit is contrarian now
what
it has nothing to do with liking it or disliking the series, but it straight up has shoujo male designs typical of the era it was made

The dude your taking to is a closet homo with a tranny waifu, don't even bother.

o my gosh this series is just awesome to watch...i have all the season in high definition with the facility to watch with some different 3d angles to watch click here =========www.who-boss.com

I don't know how deep it was but I still think about it from time to time and that's more than I can say for most shows.

Shinji and Asuka both fail to get on with others because they felt unloved/neglected by their parents and were unable to make any meaningful long term relationships.
Being the first to reject instrumentality implies that they still haven't grown past their childhood issues.

That's like melting down a robot and saying everything's better, cause now all the parts are equal everything is connected and the pool of nothing isn't affected by stresses or forces aside from its own weight. Oh, yeah, the robot isn't producing errors or strange results anymore, so it has to be a good thing, right?

disgusting communists aren't allowed on this site.

No, it means that they accept reality.

Can someone explain to me what the scene where Shinji was choking Asuka meant?

Also, where did the angels come from (i know this is not important, but still?)

That scene is open to interpretation, so think about it yourself. It's everything from just checking to see if she's real to showcasing both his and Asuka's growth.

The Angels come from Adam, who comes from space. It's aliens.

>It's everything from just checking to see if she's real to showcasing both his and Asuka's growth.
basically this

I dont understand. Can you explain a little further please?

>Can someone explain to me what the scene where Shinji was choking Asuka meant?
Honestly I can't answer that. Maybe he's just a kinky, horny little bastard? Maybe he's checking if it's the real Asuka, so it's not rabbit holes all the way down?

>Also, where did the angels come from (i know this is not important, but still?)
I think Gendo spawned them from Adam while he was trying to activate the creature, although probably not on purpose. Misato was also there in an entry plug, really makes you think.

>Evangelion is deep

The angels were born from Adam, who was here on Earth way before Lilith and the humans were.

>unironically believing Ideon is better than NGE
Hahahaha

and Adam in an alien too?

Everyone is a fucking alien. Even the humans.

Yes 7 inches.

What about manga?

>Can someone explain to me what the scene where Shinji was choking Asuka meant?
Now it's been a while since I watched Eva, but when Asuka appeared again it's implied Shinji had been alone for quite a while already, he had made a grave for Misato and all that. So it's sort of implied he thinks he finally went bonkers and that Asuka is just a hallucination and is either checking if she is actually real or trying to make the "hallucination" go away, which is why he starts crying when Asuka touches his face and he realizes he's not alone anymore.

So she's a whore

This

Also stop arguing over LOGH you fags.

Instrumentality makes you live an illusory world in which everything is according to you

If Instrumentality is rejected then Asuka must be real, a separate entity, and thus able to resist him choking her

The imagery wasn't what made it deep, it was the characters and themes.

It's definitely deep, but some people go overboard and say stuff like "Eva is the apex of human artistic expression"

Eva had a lot of depth to it, but lets not forget where that depth is and how much it covers.

It was well put together despite its shortcomings,and I like it for what it is.

depends on how you look at it.
If you describe it in a certain way it sounds similar to world peace

All language barriers are broken, there is no miscommunication, people can truly understand each other, and live on forever.

However because most people can't or don't want to cast their egos aside it's seen as a bad thing.

Casting your egos aside means that you are dead. What good is "truly understanding" each other when there is no other?

>Casting your egos aside means that you are dead
are you sure about that? why can't we all be sentient as one being? Why not have a unified ego?

>resist him
I see what you're saying, and it makes sense, but she sort of just caressed his face more so than resist him.

Because a unified ego goes against the very concept of an ego in the first place. When you get in Instrumentality and merge all egos into one, everything that you believed now merges with what everyone else believed, and their beliefs all fill in with your own. You completely lose all sense of self, all of your own ideas, and effectively die along with everyone else to give rise to a single being - a single ego - who would act on the consensus of all its individual parts.

There is no difference between that existence and death for you.

I only like Eva because it ushered in an era of experimental anime. Yeah, most of them were also tryhard, but we got a few gems out of it.

>death for you.
And the birth of something new, isn't this evolution?

It's Seele's attempt to evolve humanity, yes. It's also little more than running away from reality.

i think it was little too deep desu

It was so deep.
So deep put her ass to sleep.

Was it about evolving human kind beyond the mortal body and Shinji deciding to stick with feels even if they are bad or good.

I didnt get it.

It was about humans learning to deal with the social problems of reality.

Instrumentality is basically a dream that would let everyone run away from that and live in their own paradises, but none of it would be genuine or real.

Shinji chose to remain in reality and try to learn to love and live with himself and the others around him.

>mfw read the spoiler and already knew what's in the box

>Instrumentality is basically a dream that would let everyone run away from that and live in their own paradises
No it's not. That requires individuality, and the entire point of Instrumentality is that it removes individuality. Instrumentality is ego death.

This meme again

#pizzagate

It was deep. I can't recall seeing another anime with such compelling and complex characters. The message of Eva might not resonate equally with everyone, but that doesn't mean the message and depth isn't there.

is that picture real? because anno is a hack

He says literally the sentence before that he's not good at explaining things.

Instrumentality is essentially becoming one with everything. It's not like heaven, it's nirvana.

but this is what happens in episodes 25 & 26
Shinji briefly experiences an alternate reality where he is in a romcom.

Then it goes into the instrumentality stuff where he discusses freedom, and individuality.

I don't remember EoE doing it like this, but the show definitely did.
besides, Gendo wanted to be with his wife,why would he have gone into instrumentality if it wouldn't give him that?

Then the other thing is that if instrumentality is this kind of falsefied reality, then it also aligns with Anno's criticism of Otaku culture.

To be fair it's a kid, I doubt Anno is gonna risk possibly jading a 4th grader by explaining stuff like that to him

Because Shinji is put at the head of Instrumentality, separate from it. Rei gives him a therapy session to put him in the best possible state of mind before they reach the point of no return, and then asks if he's really sure about it. If he had chosen to accept Instrumentality, that would not give everyone dream fantasies forever; it would have merged them all together and destroyed any sense of individuality.

>Gendo wanted to be with his wife,why would he have gone into instrumentality if it wouldn't give him that?
Gendo's plans were different from what we saw. His goal was only to get his wife back, not to attain Instrumentality.

>Then the other thing is that if instrumentality is this kind of falsefied reality, then it also aligns with Anno's criticism of Otaku culture.
Anno criticizes those who refuse to grow up and live their life; those basement dwellers who sit at home all day, draining their parents pockets and masturbating to their waifus might as well be dead for all anyone else cares. They are running away from reality, and that's what Instrumentality is all about.

This doesn't explain the romcom sequence though

Everything going on during those episodes is mental. Rei is simply showing Shinji a crafted "memory" of how things could be. There is no creation of an alternate reality or universe or anything. Showing someone images in a mental world is extremely simple.

The core of Evangelion is not all the religious imagery.

The message of the show is about interpersonal relationships, about how you shouldn't run away from the world and other people. There will be pain when you interact with other people, you will hurt them and they will hurt them in return. We can never truely understand another person. But we also creatures formed through interaction with our fellow humans.

All the pain is worth it for the good times.

Dubs tell the truth.

it was dumb and gay

>he didn't check the filename, too

A beautiful argument

A beautiful argument