Akira: This pissed me off

I really genuinely liked Akira for my first time watching it but this has always bothered me. Kaori's death seemed out of place and somewhat unnecessary considering she was as innocent or more innocent then her surrounding cast. And it's not like her death symbolizes the transformation Tetsuo goes through because up to that point he was a literal monster. Is anyone else mad about Kaori's death?
>TL;DR Kaori's death is bad storytelling

Innocent people die because they are powerless. And it was also just another brutal reminder that Akira's bloat was out of control.

It's got nothing to do with symbolism. You're just a fucking moron.

The random killing due to out of control leads to a theme of nihilism which contradicts the themes presented at the end of the film.

Why is this confusing, i always just thought it was a consequence of Tetsuo's actions that one of the few people in the world that genuinely knew and cared about him was killed because of the destruction he caused, purposefully or not.

>inb4 not deep enough

>leads to a theme of nihilism

Jesus fucking christ, you are one grade A retard.

Don't worry, that makes perfect sense, it's just OP being a dumbfuck.

Sometimes you get neanderthalls like OP attempt to analyse anime, through the goggles of their art "degree", and they start babbling about fucking symbolism and themes as if every fucking little event contributes to some greater theme. It does, in a way, but not like OP and other artfags tend to think. Especially retarded zero sum equations like "contradicting" themes.

Do you think it's possible that the death on some level was consciously created as she was his vestige of hope that cowers away from him?

>cowers away from him
i dont think that's how it is

And no, i'm not inclined to believe that personally

Read the manga as well, it's a good read.

That death always bothered me, it was just a tad too brutal for me.

> implying good stories have to make sense

Just like the real world, right?

>the real world
>we're on Sup Forums

>That death always bothered me, it was just a tad too brutal for me.

If you feel that way then don't ever read the manga

No man, he should definitely read the manga. It's great. It'd be fun if someone did a storytime of the whole thing.

Both the manga and anime are fantastic, though vastly different. She's more fleshed out as a character in the manga and I can't find the image of it but her death was far less spectacular.

Her death in the manga feels more fitting.

I heard it was just a shot to the head, which seems less brutal than being crushed to death.

You're a pretentious twat, you know that? Go fuck off back to ANN or something.

Why does everyone think Akira is some deep commentary or some shit? Same for NGE.
It's literally just post-apocalyptic psychic kids. Stop trying to dig so fucking deep,

Wasn't she caught in a crossfire and just shot dead? I don't remember, I haven't read it in a while.

Don't compare Akira to that piece of trash. Akria tackles many themes while NGE is just autism.

how big is the difference between the mango and the anime?

Her death redeemed Tetsuo.

From the moment he killed Yamagata to the moment Kaori died, he was a kid throwing a tantrum, then a tyrant with a drug habit, and finally he grew up. Her death was really just character development for Tetsuo, it made him realize his limits, it also kinda showed how he was still a child even after all that happened.

The anime is an aesthetic re-proportioning of essential composition points from the original narrative artwork

The mango has a lot more world-building and character development. I remember watching the movie after reading it and being let down. The movie is still great for the animation and the music, but the manga is wjhere Otomo shines in my opinion.

Hugly massive

The manga is much longer, and most notably, Akira is still alive in the manga, and actually plays a part in everything.

Also the manga gets progressively better as it goes on. It covers a span of years through Otomo's career and you can really see him grow as an artist. His ability to tell a story visually is unmatched. Like look at this. That dead guy is Ryo, the one that lead the resistance Kei was in. After his good friend died in volume 3, coincidentally in the same place he died, he went off the deep end and alienated everyone around him. In volume 6 he dies alone and this is all he gets.

Yeah, her death scene always makes me mad. She was a nice girl.

Manga is half dystopia future (like the movie) half post apocalyptic disaster zone. Movie basically tried to compress the whole thing into the first part. The cult plays a much larger role in the manga for one.

I love the page where Kei phases through the shutter.

I think she might be the best girl in the anime.

All of the violence in the film is maddening, that's one of the best things about it.

And nothing like it ever after, it's sad.