With machines replacing nearly 50% of jobs in the next 25 years, how is Sup Forums preparing for the automated economy?

With machines replacing nearly 50% of jobs in the next 25 years, how is Sup Forums preparing for the automated economy?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8370132
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anal Intelligence. I'm stretching out.

Will you do some improvement at la Fistinière ?

ive been practising NEET life since i turned 20. So yeah i should be quite preppared.

How will automation circumvent the economic green change?

I took time off my medical school to work in research and I intend to go full /sci/, ain't gonna takie those jerbs ya dumb robots

programming
also, look at this image from a couple of meters, just a wee bit from the side

Seriously though Sup Forums, how is capitalism going to survive this shit? Are we just gonna have violent revolutions all the time when half of the population is unemployable? Do we commie now?

universal income

Repair automated stuff

people will just find new areas to work in, people were panicking when industrial revolution spread manufactures that required less people to work in as well. or when popularization of cars left carters out of job. we are all moving to service based economy anyways, industrys role in GDPs of developed nations diminishes with every year

>Giving useless degenerates my money
Try again, Lenin

Automation doesn't eliminate jobs at the rate we think it does
If a factory reduces it's workforce by 50% due to automation, it is likely to expand, and create another factory within a few years.
The industrial revolution (previous automation) created a net positive number of jobs.
The jobs just change, and relocate.

It's different though this time, we literally can't compete with machines in industries like transportation and retail. Why hire a pizza delivery guy when you can just have a fleet of drones? With one guy to load pizzas into the drones while other robots make the pizzas. Hell you can even cut out that guy and have maybe one human running the whole store. Automation just isn't going to make more work for humans, its whole purpose is to get rid of work.

Also, the transition from Agrarian societies to industrialized ones didn't happen overnight. It took hundreds of years and caused a lot of suffering, look at how awful cities were in the 1700's. People didn't move to cities because they could have a better life there, it was because you couldn't make a living in the traditional economy anymore. The same thing is happening now, a lot of people are gonna suffer. It could be any of us.

I'll be making the robots

Yeah but we're eventually going to reach a point where robots can do most things better than most humans can

It's not going to do all that much. I'm a mechatronics engineering student. I study how to automate stuff, and most things aren't cost effective to automate. Great examples are fruit picking or ironing. Try identifying a tomato and picking it up quickly when it's behind a bunch of leaves, without squashing it in the progress, using an algorithm: you basically can't do it to the efficiency of a person. The best robots have took half and hour in 2011 to fold a towel.

praise allah, praise our new god, worship the machines

So what happens when industry is outsourced in many western countries and automation happens in India etc.

Why make another expensive factory if you can produce way more with one factory than you could thirty years ago? You can hope the population grows enough so that demand stays high, but that takes awhile and leaves us with the same problem. The extra population won't have a job to buy the extra stuff you can make. There's a limit on the amount of stuff we can all consume and we're quickly hitting that limit.

>with industrialisation replacing nearly 99% of jobs in the next 150 years, how is the world preparing for the automated economy?

I am admittedly curious to see the day when robots become the new boogeyman who are taking our jobs and destroying society and the blame for all our problems.

>I'll be making the robots

Good luck, human building robots is getting already irrevelant. Robots have to build other robots at this point desu.

"Cellular telephones will just never be cost effective. The infrastructure is too expensive and there are a lot of problems with dropped calls and the practicality of hauling around a cell phone. Why would people use a cell phone when they can just use their landline instead?"

I'm an engineer.

Robots are gonna have to get a hell of a lot better than they are now to replace me.

And even if they did. Who's gonna fix them? Other robots?

At that point the world would be so different who knows of it would even matter

Learn how to build, service and program the machines.

you need to become more self-sufficient, entirely self-sufficient if you can

you need to grow your own food, seasonal garden stuff, but also long-term berry bushes and fruit/nut trees

you need to buy a gun and ammo

everything you do after that is icing on the cake

Wut? We're already working on automating agriculture. There's a long way to go but we'll get there soon

Yeah, sure, robots can build robots, but somebody still has to design and build robot-building robots. A lot of it can be automated but there's always going to be some place for humans in that system (design, manufacturing, maintenance, etc.)

kek drastically underrated

Yeah some parts of agriculture can be automated but not all of it as of now.
"We'll have flying cars and hoverboards in twenty years, you'll see"

Imagining the famine that will sweep turd world countries when it Becomes cheaper to automate than use their labor for manufacturing.

Feels good man.

I just want to know will we see the dregs of redneck America rise up and march on Silicon Valley to destroy the machines that terk our jorbs if someone can get them riled up enough to do it.

If a state replaces most of its human laborers with automatons without providing the "unneeded" humans with an universal basic income, such a state does not deserve to exist

It's ridiculous to think that we will all be engineers working on the bleeding edge of robotics though. What about all the normal people? What are they going to do, especially as we produce more and more and our population gets larger. The economy just isn't going to work.

Jobs increased with the industrial revolution because more goods meant more people to haul them, store them, sell them, and if not then go into service sectors as the means to learn skills that couldn't be automated.

If automation increases wealth output then we get more development of industry and other forms of jobs growing around it. As long as labor is still largely cheaper than incredibly expensive machines with high up keep then this will always occur, and as long as humans out number machines labor always has the advantage to be an add on to help support the automated economy rather than a victim of its up rise.

UBI is retarded. We have a welfare system very much like it and its already failing to make positive impacts, showing UBI would waste away the productive sectors of human capital.

What do we do about the new DARPA radio tower oscillators that can manipulate your brain.

"They can flip a switch and everyone lays down and goes to sleep" - Alex Jones

>Yeah some parts of agriculture can be automated but not all of it as of now
Yeah, but I have no doubt that most, if not all of it can be automated in the future. I'd say it's doable in 25 years (making the stuff work I mean, idk if it'll be widely used by then)

Isn't that government's job to prepare us for this? I am only waiting for maid bots.

My NEETbux already come automatically in to my bank account,
I think I'm good for the rest of my life

>What about all the normal people?
Yeah I wasn't talking about them, I was talking about myself. Normal people will get UBI. It will be a work-free paradise until Sam Harris decides that robot slavery is unethical

If 50 % of jobs are going to get replaced then 50 % new jobs will be created. Do you think every single modern job is in any way meaningful or necessary?

By owning a business, bro

It will be fun to see what will happen with all the zero skill third world apes we are importing

I fix machines so I will always have a job. Even when we have machines to fix machines someone will still have to fix the machine fixer.

>Taking anything Alex Jones says at face value
He's a conman who exists to sell you shit you don't need. He's a "performance artist", he admitted that in court under oath.
Stop listening to him.

Here in the US we've been delaying the use and advancement of agricultural technologies because Mexicans hop the border and work for next to nothing.

If anything advancement in automation in agriculture will be a great thing.

>how is Sup Forums preparing for the automated economy?
by learning to design guns.
because I like guns and they can provide food.

>vitamins and minerals
>shit you don't need

You can buy those at CVS for 1/10th of the price, with out the side order of batshit gay frogs and lizard pedophile conspiracy mythos attached.
Jones is an admitted fraud and conman, he is a disinfo agent. Why do people treat him as anything credible.

I have strong doubts myself, but time predictions are useless. We'll simply have to wait and see what the future holds

are you saying you believe that glyphosates like atrazine doesn't turn frogs gay?

my bad glyphosate isn't the same as atrazine but they are the most commonly used herbicides. They also mutagenic on the genders of humans and frogs alike.

If Alex Jones says it, I would take it with a mound of salt and go to talk to an actual scientist about it to get an informed opinion about it.
So no, I wouldn't believe him. Because he only wants to sell you gimmick overpriced shit you don't need at a 5000% markup by pumping you full of lies and shit to make you think you need to buy his products. He is a literal snake oil salesmen why does nobody understand this?

at least I don't send my money to amazon

Sending money to your favorite libertarian spokesperson and savior of frogs is a win/win. I really like SuperBlue and Emeric's essentials deodorant.

By living with mommy & watching anime duh

I've already seen some prototypes. There's a lot of work to be done for sure, but I'd say it's doable. For an automatic tomato-picker, you make a robot that travels in between the rows of crops. It'll be guided by LPS and/or lidar so it knows where it's going. You equip it with a camera so that you know the tomatoes are ripe, and for harvesting you get something like pick related except adapted for tomatoes. I'm not sure how affordable such a machine would be, but I'm sure the prices would eventually come down

Again, he is not a political figure, he is not a journalist, he is in his own words a "performance artist." He swore that under oath in court. Literally the only reason he exists is to con rubes and marks out of their money.
I don't know why people on here are having such a hard time getting this. You are being lied to and robbed by a snake oil salesmen.

nevermind how humans aren't frogs, that's a big issue

The population was supposed to dwindle like in japan or yurop (until jews pushed for immigration). With fewer people, fewer uneducated jobs are required to keep said people out of poverty, and with life expectancy through the roof, people should have larger time spans each to pursue better education, all payed by the work and output of machines owned by the state. Sort of like communism, but this time not so utopian.

All his products are good and american made.

Just you wait, they are rolling out mind control weapons. They will never break human spirit.

Those chemicals work the same way on plants, insects and animals. Go drink some roundup if you don't believe me.

My job can't be automated. But otherwise, probably a revolution or just kms

good goy, just bend the knee and die

Why would you give money to useless people?

Why wouldn't you instead ''accidentally'' release conveniely killer robots that for some reason happend to kill everyone that's not in good terms with the elite? There's only a limited amount of resources on Earth, you can either use them yourself to build wonders or you can use rare earth metals so the fucking retarded sheep get their new iPhone. What's your choice.

Robots can just as well do supervision of other robots and repair other robots. Too bad! Once you realize there's not a single inherent component in human that is required in working at anything, you realize all jobs that exist and new ones that will be invented, can be in the end automated. Technological progress will be surprisingly fast, if we are to judge the future from the past.

Are you planning on making the immigrant tomato-pickers in Närpiö jobless? Devilish!

>how is Sup Forums preparing for the automated economy?
By becoming a crypto millionaire

I don't anticipate robots or AI being able to do skilled trade work in the next 25 years so i'm just chilling and trying to stay one step ahead of Punjab and Jose

people will learn new jobs and go to school to learn how to build/code new robots. sadly robots will never be able to replace people in arts type things so those meme jobs (hobbies) will always have demand

That is what happened in WW1 and WW2. The elite send the unwitting muggles to wars to die. They create two sides and pit them against each other.

hard physical labor with low pay will never be replaced
>mfw machines will never be able to do my jobs

Unfortunately as time goes on it's going to boil down to this or we have to thin the herd substantially. I vote the latter.

Notice how the eagle has in it's grasps the ouroboros (fate of humanity) and the pine cone (Free will)

No, women will literally go back to the kitchen.
There will be enough jobs for the remaining men.

I am learning a trade.
Carpenter to be specific.
I probably won't ever be rich, but I can do a lot of things with it.

>Why wouldn't you instead ''accidentally'' release conveniely killer robots that for some reason happend to kill everyone that's not in good terms with the elite?
I thought about this, but it's still going to be a long way to go before we get there. Also, I have some kind of weird affinity towards my people, so I guess I'd save the killer robots for 3rd worlders. As for gibs, why not? If shit gets bad enough in terms of resources, we'll just have to recycle

I'm planning on making everybody jobless

you would be surprised, im sure robots will be able to shit post soon

The pineal gland is left over of the reptilian mind. It helps to regulate anger and emotions. Once they calcify it using fluorides you become more docile and easier to control.

Our fucking bridges, airports, schools. Everything we've built out of twigs and clay is falling apart.

50% of those jobs machines take over can be replaced with jobs replacing our infrastructure.

UVI is fucking retarded and you're a lazy faggot deep down if you think universal income is the answer.

Only one solution to be honest senpai

You won't be able to make everyone jobless.

Automation technician in training
AMA

Can you fix my Fuck Machine?

Can you build me a fuck machine?

The Pineal gland also produces melatonin which in turn regulates Growth Hormone. One of the reasons you have all these manlets and beta males.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8370132

nope it's all cummed up faggot

1. Own things that don't lose value, preferably land. Land is always worth something, and space is a commodity that we can run out of. And even in the age of machine space will be worth something.

2. Invest in yourself - it is impossible to foresee what changes will take place, but in general people with lots of skills and varied experience will always be valued somewhere. You might still wake up worthless but it's like with cancer. You can do everything right and still wake up with a tumor size of orange in your head. It still does not change the fact that you should do everything possible to fix the scales in your favor.

3. I personally work in information distribution - meaning documentation, user guides and such. No matter how wonderful will the devices of the future be, there most likely will have to be someone who somehow explains how something works.

4. Strong friends and family ties and family in general - if one person fucks up, the rest can help them out. Never underestimate the value of networking.

can u fuck my fuck machine?

>Never underestimate the value of networking.
Seeing your mom on facebook isn't the same as visiting her IRL at thanksgiving.

well I'm 6'3", can I take that to mean my pineal gland is fine?

Yes
Absolutely
Only if you’re ok with it

no we humans should be up to 30 ft tall

Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

I'd be happy if they just get the u-scans at my grocery store to function consistently. When did those come out? 2002? People on the internet have the same syndrome as directors from the 60s who thought we'd be flying around in our cars by now.

>Own things that don't lose value, preferably land. Land is always worth something
this type of thinking will result in a slave class emerging

silicon valley is pushing this 'oh no muh automation' because they want it to happen- making us all obsolete and them richer and in control of all the automatons that serve (control) us. these threads, which repeat daily, are to get us used to the idea.

greed is a terrible thing. gtfo Bezos

I prepare by defending my pre-technological ethno state.

As you all should.

Sweetie, sexism won't be tolerated in the future.
We'll just make men obsolete :^)
No need for them in the future!

lol i am a grad student electrical engineer, interested in control so I think im good