How often do you re-watch/re-read a series?

How often do you re-watch/re-read a series?

If I really like it, multiple times as I please.

Never, unless I really like it. In that case, I let enough time pass until I've forgotten most of the details and I only remember the general plot and key events, so we're talking several years.

My favourites, like 2% of the stuff I watch, get rewatched every couple of years maybe. It's not a hard-and-fast thing. There are maybe five anime I've watched half a dozen plus times, a handful I've watched 3 or more and then more again I've watched twice.

I rewatched a 4/10 once, though I wound up enjoying it more, thinking more positively of it even though I noticed more flaws and upgrading it to a 5.

Almost never, though if enough time passes I rewatch some shows that I remember I really enjoyed.

If I like something I'll try to find friends to re-watch with me. Over the past 6 years that's been Spice and Wolf, Cowboy Bebop, One Punch Man, Steins;gate, and Log Horizon.

My friends have introduced me to about four series the same way (them rewatching) - Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, One Punch Man, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

It helps if the series is short, clearly.

Just 1 in 50? How many have you watched and rewatched, exactly?

Extrapolating, 30 in 1500? Sounds right.

Of course, that's 1500 entries on MAL. I wouldn't count like NGE, EoE, DaR and the three Rebuilds as six all together.

Never. It kills the magic.

This. I've re-read some book series like 5 times now. Will likely continue to do so.

Very often, the shittier a season is the more I rewatch old stuff.

I'm a pussy so I'd rather keep watching something I know I enjoy over and over than risk wasting my time with something I won't like.

Never but I feel like re-watching Nichijou.

I need some good comedy for once.

Sometimes I feel like I'm making a list that I could potentially go back to, while never really having the time to do so.

I have a circle of online friends that usually trust my judgement. I suggest shows and we usually watch them as a group over vent or skype. There are certain shows I've seen probably four or five times just because of this.

And like back in the day I was really big about playing anime I'd already seen in the background while I was working on something.

Toradora + Amagami Ayatsuji Route + Gosick every Christmas.

Hanasaku Iroha anytime that I feel like offing myself.

I rewatch Nodame Cantabile at least once a year.
But it has also has a very high rewatch value, because of the music that never gets old.

Fucking never, unless I want to watch something with a friend.

Depends, I really only re-watch my favorite shows. I've seen NHK at least 6 times.

I reread holyland just about monthly while looping the same song the entire time, every time. I also rewatch Evangelion about yearly, so glad I took the two weeks to get the Blu Ray rips

My favorites only, but a lot

Things I've seen at least 5-10 times
NGE
White Album 2
Ping Pong

Things I've seen 2-5 times (normally with friends)
Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Tatami Galaxy
FMA:B
Stein's Gate
Baccano
Nodame Cantabile
Toradora
Chuunibyou
Clannad
GJBU
SSY
Bakemonogatari

I've re-read HxH like 10 times to date. Only berserkfags know my pain.

The only show i rewatch on a regular basis is FLCL (monthly)

I rewatch something only to introduce it to my casual friends.

I can't rewatch alone, even things that I remember I really enjoyed. The whole time I just think I could be seeing something new instead.

Not much though ever since last week I've been rewatching a lot of stuff. I ended up rewatching Expelled from Paradise with my friends the past weekend they liked the film. I guess it took me awhile for it click that this season is slow.

I rewatch almost solely healing shit for the wounds of life are persistent and unrelenting.

Very rarely. Worse, when I do I don't often finish it.

Once every 2-3 years. Certain times of the year invoke a feeling to watch/play certain things.

My favorites I do annually or bi annually depending on what's going on in life.

Only some movies like 5cm/s so i can understand what the fuck happened

Sometimes i go to my anime collection and watch some random eps.

This. I usually do yearly rewatches for specific series like S&W, NHK, Amagami and Eva.

I noticed that series I like I am unable to rewatch probably because it's impossible for me to recreate same emotions I experienced while watching firsthand that made me love it in the first place. If I am rewatching something I really like I prefer to watch it differently, for example I rewatched Haruhi by introducing it to my friend and cool part was how he was reacting to it. Asshole still hasn't watched Disappearance.

But trash like Highschool of the Dead, Dragon Ball, you know this ridiculous over the top action, I can eat those like candies again, I don't particularly care.

At least 2-3 years break before touching anything again, unless it's something really good, then one year.