Why does everyone hate Hyouka?

Why does everyone hate Hyouka?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rbw9kteRVDs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I honestly thought I was the only one who did?

Hyouka is pretty well-regarded. It was generally disliked during the first story arc, but quickly became more liked afterwards.

everyone on Sup Forums says it's boring :(

people like hyouka

Not really, It's one of my favorite anime

It's moreso that it got forgotten about... but I hate it and Chitanda too.

L E W D

my comrade

>MFW the art changes to generic h-anime and looks as bad as usual during the h-scenes.

Shit show for shit kids with shit tastes you should feel bad for liking this garbage that shouldve stayed a LN and only an LN

No one cares about your opinion, deepfag.

hello AnimeSnob

I liked it

>Why does everyone hate Hyouka?
People don't hate hyouka, people can't help but appreciate the fantastic visual direction, the colorful cast of characters, the loveable female lead and the interesting male protag. The entire story's premise is art. The unique take on adolescence as the characters grow closer, the very relaxing and soothing music the zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I liked Hyouka, it was very comfy.

Chitanda has one of the most punchable faces ever

I enjoyed it.
Sup Forums has always had shit taste.

I liked it but chitanda is fucking autistic
Also le database man is annoying

But I don't?

It was boring.

you mean, sleep inducing: the anime?

>everyone
2 people shitposting is not everyone. Sup Forums is not a hivemind.

>:(
Leave. NOW

Because it's shit.

Incredibly fucking boring, gave that shit 8 episodes before dropping it

BecauZzzz

It wasn't interesting. While the characters had huge poential, the actual episodes where characters talking around a table about uninteresting mysteries that could hardly be solved by the audience. All the attention you might pay to it becomes useless. The fact that the first mystery was solved through a smell the viewer couldn't identify truly set the tone for the rest of the show.

I'd say the only episode I truly enjoyed was the pool OVA since it focused on pure SoL. Great visual direction and music does not make a show. Hyouka was very uninteresting.

Pretty much. I just don't understand how can Sup Forums praise Hyouka so much. After 13 episodes the show wasn't good, and then people tell me that at that point is when it gets better. What's this? FFXIII?

Too short. I wanted more Houtarou.

i think the atmosphere is relaxing, as the story goes i'd say it's a littzzzzzzzzzz

Because they're idiots who think anything that doesn't have magic or flashy fighting or any fantastic elements is boring.

:(

Watching a mystery anime for the chance to solve the mystery before the solution is presented is like watching K-On for serious advice on forming a band.

Sup Forums doesn't hate it, it just has a meme attached.

It's consistently highlighted as Kyoani's peak.

>Watching a mystery anime for the chance to solve the mystery before the solution is presented
Is the basis of any mystery fiction
Not to solve it, mind you, but to see the elements that helped the characters to discover the solution and to be surprised by clever foreshadowing.

Hyouka has that

Not really
Also if it has anything, it's only presented through dull conversations and not elements in the story

Why?

and every Agatha Christie novel is solved through some character confessing right at the end, get over it

I really have no clue why I don't like it.
I usually gobble up moeshit, but something about Hyouka made me hate it.

It's the only good thing Takemoto has ever done.

If you think the conversations are dull, I think that says more about you and your tastes than it does about the show. Which isn't to say you're wrong for not liking them, or that I'm wrong for liking them; it's just not your cup of tea.

Because it's a boring version of oregairu. Different genre, mind you, but similar character concepts done well.

That's K-on. But Hyouka had nice melancholical vibe.

You mean similarity between the MCs?Oreki is nothing like Hikigaya. He is not bitter just relaxed.

I dunno, the character types weren't that similar.

Agatha Christie is not very good.

probably because Hyouka isn't a moeshow

Both of them doesn't give a fuck about the world until something catches their attention, be it the I'm curious annoying girl or the requests made by character of the day.

Thing is, Hikigaya is way more interesting and shows development as the show grows. Oreki stays the same and never went out of his frame.

>Oreki stays the same and never went out of his frame.
He doesn't stay the same. The change is subtle, but it is there.

It is, though.
Just a moeshow with good directing and animation, as well as a 'plot'.

Is there any reason to like Chitanda? she is annoying to the core.

I unironically watched it because of the sleep meme. It wasn't bad at all, pretty decent really. I just wish Oreki and Chitanda had more development together.

Holy shit

It's a moe show. MC himself is very moe.

Because it's by Kyoani, and because Kyoani is shit.

In 2009 Kyoani's executives and marketing department invented "moe," a genre of anime where cute girls do nothing except drink tea and flash their panties (or was that ecchi? Or is that the same thing? I don't know), and because this was so successful they have never done any other kind of anime ever since (they literally copy-paste K-On and change some colors, and the stupid fucking otaku scum haven't figured it out). The TV executives who control all anime paid $2 billion to a consulting company to focus test moe, and they determined that NEET otaku hikikomori pedophile niggers will buy literally anything that's moe and spend thousands of dollars on them, so the executives forced all the studios to make nothing but moe. And thus Kyoani killed anime and that's why Hyouka is shit.

I don't know, I only remember the other boy as the only character that showed changes. Maybe Oreki needed a Hayato to have a push here and there, or from somewhere else.

You should explain why she is annoying.

Oreki develops the most.

It's nothing groundbreaking; he's become a bit more willing to expend energy on things. Like I said, it's subtle change, but it is change.

He became more outgoing later on

What are your criteria for a "moeshow"?

Anything less edgy than Bunny Blender?
Anything more upbeat than Texhnolyze?

They all did; it was just subtle.

All she does is requesting stupid shit to oreki do even when he clearly doesn't want to, she waste peoples time with irrelevant bullshit and act like a spoiled brat just because "muh curiosity".

also, moe is for faggots.

I liked it so much that I'm considering to rewatch it next weekend

Moeshit=anything that doesn't have blood, violence, or some form of combat (it doesn't count if cute girls are doing the fighting). Half of Sup Forums unironically believes this, but then again half of Sup Forums only comes here for shounen anyways.

It was one of the IRC crew's targets for shiposting. So because
1: A lot of people on Sup Forums just repeat what they've seen others write
2: Writing zzz and posting epic meme images to prove that they were there when it aired (same as some people blatantly lying about watching CG with /a)

Do it.

Second viewing was much more enjoyable after being acquainted with the vibe.

Meh somebody has to be curious otherwise the mystery elements wouldn't come out.
>moe is for faggot
found the faggot.

same

>Meh somebody has to be curious otherwise the mystery elements wouldn't come out.

I know that is for the sake of the plot, but she still annoying tho.

It's the thinking man's anime, don't expect braindead ADHD riddled underage morons who watch juvenile dross like Kill La Kill & Tokyo Ghoul to be able to enjoy this masterpiece.

????

I found her tolerable. So it's just matter of preference.

????

I didnt think it's masterpiece. But the atmosphere was incredible and mystic in a way.

last episode best episode

Which episode had that scene with Chitanda getting manipulation advice from Irisu? I can't for the life of me remember.

Only proles dislike Hyouka

Hyouka is easily one of my top 3 animus

It cured my insomnia, why would I hate it?

Agreed.

I found her quite endearing desu senpai

I generally liked Hyouka through and through but the OST consistently gives me a headache outside of the OP/ED.
I really can't stomach melancholic flute solos

moe was a genre in the early 2000s man

Most polarized anime on Sup Forums.

Nah, just one of the most shitposted.

How someone supposed to like this shit.
It's just about bitch that curious for a mere thing.
Watching this shit is just like reading Sup Forumsnon's shitpost.

I finally understand why people dislike kyoani, they are literally too dumb to follow the hardly subtle clues and need everything explicitly stated. Do you think K-on lacks character development as well?

Oreki really doesnt develop outside of "muh grey life... no energy" to "muh slightly more colored life... I use a bit of my energy because bitch always asks me to"

You missed the point entirely.

That's too easy to say and doesn't really say anything other than "nu-uh"

If you don't get it then you don't get it.

This. Oreki doesn't develop outside of his development.

It's my #1.

ppl only watched it for the person you posted

If you cant retort anything then maybe there isnt anything wrong with the first post.

It's not like this kind of standard half-assed development is any good though. It essentially is "make your character lazy - make him do stuff reluctantly - ok good enough". If the stuff he'd do was interesting at least I wouldnt say, but how are those mundane mysteries supposed to represent anything?

Subbed BD fucking when? Why was this never licensed?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rbw9kteRVDs

It's disliked because it has a cult of personality which holds it to be the very best a TV anime can be. If a show is praised that highly you better believe some people will fight back.