How did Kishimoto, of all people, managed to create the perfect edgelord?

How did Kishimoto, of all people, managed to create the perfect edgelord?

He was forced to make him and Sakura by his editors.

>The best and the worst character from Naruto weren't Kishimoto's idea

Sasuke is far from being the best character.

Sakura is far from being the best character

that was a lonely attempt at being funny

Because their family is literally running on edge. You can't awaken Sharingan unless you've experience something edgy

Both of them are cancerfuck.

Tonton is far from being the best character.

I actually miss Sauce. There will never be another character I can so passionately loathe like that anymore.
>tfw nurutu ventilating was 9 years ago

Sasuke was the shonen standard antagonist. A few of the editors worked closely with Hunter x Hunter so he is combination of Kurapika and Killua. Early Sasuke is an okay edgy character.

Timeskip Sasuke was supposed to share protagonist status with Naruto, things like Taka/Hebi were to reinforce his path but it went nowhere fast, the conclusion was always Sasuke vs Itachi but the inbetween is a fairly inconsequential journey. It was only towards his end did he actually feel self-aware in the world. He realized the shinobi world can come together but only when a villain exists, he was to be that villain. And if the shinobi world fought with itself for whatever reason, he would eliminate them. He could even become immortal if he tried to find a recipe, Orichimaru would also help him too if needed in that regard.

Overall his character is a missed opportunity once he leaves the village, towards the end he feels like an actual character with his own motives.

>Shinji, Rei, Asuka
>and now Sasuke

damn

I don't even know what to reply to this hardcore hyper bait

>best character
Leave based guy out of this

Let's be fair here, Sasuke was by far the most entertaining character in the series.

His lonely hobo ending ruined the character more than anything for me. I was almost okay with his dumb ass timeskip self but the wanderer post-edge lord made me want to die

>entertaining
if you mean cringe inducing by that then yes. The by far most entertaining character in the series was Madara. He literally pulled one or two new things out of his ass every fucking week we saw him. Best character was still Guy though.

>Tfw Madara was literally offering heaven and they turned him down
I, for one, would have welcomed my loli overlords

That ruined his character? Seriously? Dude is and always was a fucking loner, this fits him perfectly. Randomly producing offspring with a person he didn't care for the whole series however is pretty damn weird.

>When you're so edge you loop back to become unintentionally hilarious

I'd say Oda's Law is a more surprising example. Kishimoto always had an edgy streak, just look at Zabuza arc, but Oda for his wacky and goofy style made a character almost as edgy as Sasuke.

>Randomly producing offspring with a person he didn't care for the whole series however is pretty damn weird.
Agreed
His soul searching journey was anticlimactic as fuck though