"90% of anime each season is harem anime."

>"90% of anime each season is harem anime."

How did such a foolish and inaccurate misconception become so prevalent?

>inaccurate misconception
how so?

I can tell the same thing with your reaction image

Born from normalfags who saw garbage like Henneko, I couldn't become a hero so I got a job, Sora no Otoshimono or just don't like Yuru Yuri and K-On

Because they assumed that anything without much actions or edgy characters = haremshit.

They're also confusing pretty much every SOL with Harem.

Ive never seen anyone ever say/write that OP
Except now

Because it's vaguely true and the premise of multiple potential love interests in consistent in many anime.

People don't try out every new show.
They follow discussions on their favorite chan or forum and try out what's popular.

Almost anything can be a harem if you can delude yourself enough.

I fucking wish, I love haremshit and there is nowhere near enough of them

Just like anything can be yuri if you're an /u/fag.

there's no harem this season though

No it's actually this.
>90% of anime each season is things I don't like

Wouldnt that mean they just dont like anime?

This season.

Here's a post making the claim:
It's mainly off Sup Forums that you see it happen but people on this very board say it too:

How smart of you.

>People hate and spit on every genre except the specific genre they enjoy
Welcome to Sup Forums

>two reverse harem
>no actual harem

Dont mufu me fag.

>enjoying only one genre
Talk about close minded, no other media has this problem.

Yes, they just watch it ironically.

I would include those but the original complaint was 'muh so mane woymn in animez' so I didn't count them

There's a sadly large number of people who legitimately watch anime ironically, I've noticed. They're just in it for the shitposting about the latest "trainwreck."

Sounds like Sup Forums and their huge desire for big games to fail
I wonder what makes people do that, is it boredom? Or are they jaded and depressed and hate the thought of other people enjoying things?

>and moeshit
There is an excess of SOL these days

Not enough SOL compared to some years ago unfortunately.

same number of actually good shows as well to :>

>/qa/
Just what did you expect?

What?

Considering the massive increase in Stalker shitposting I'd agree that it is most likely Sup Forums

It's people who haven't watched anime since the 2005.

The game about post-apocalyptic Russia? What does that have to do with anything? The memes are good, sure.

>no other media has this problem.
Is this sarcasm? Video games for example have tons of people who are close minded about genres.

I'll give you that there's an unusual amount of genre elitism when it comes to anime, though.

there are more genres than pastel hair colored moeshit which is really 99 percent of all anime series today, see , you can dislike much content in any media but still find enjoyment in a small percent

Not to this extreme, never found someone interested in music that only listens to one genre and hates the others unless he is a stupid teenager but those dont count, same with literature, who is interested in writing and only reads what genre? He would be laughed at by everybody.

How new are you?

It is exactly that, I think. It's just so over the top and faked, "THIS IS SO BAD HOW CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY LIKE THIS GARBAGE" sort of stuff. I'd say, it's probably a mix of both of the things you named but in general troll culture has become the preferred style on the internet. They don't care as long as they're annoying someone else.

>what genre
*one genre

>pastel hair colored moeshit which is really 99 percent of all anime series today
Doesn't the chart you quoted completely disprove this claim?

Are you expecting Sup Forums to be literate?

>same with literature, who is interested in writing and only reads what genre? He would be laughed at by everybody.
/lit/ shits on genre fiction constantly but that may just be stupid teenagers like you said.

What exactly constitutes an "excess" to you? More than one?

hmmm

To be completely fair, people in the industry are well aware of the yuri fanbase and make a concerted effort to slide little things in. Anime is easily one of the most yuri-heavy forms of media out there.

Exactly what are you attempting to convey here?

You mean yuri/yaoi shit because that is all the rage these days.

And I'm assuming you have a source for that ridiculous claim?

Stalker charts has plenty of yuri and yaoi shows. Check them out.

"""Yuri""" and """"Yaoi""""

Might as well count them as actual yuri and yaoi since subtext shit means the actual thing these days.

How so?

Have you seen a flip flapper thread? That show is subtext but the fans treat it like the next madoka.

Surely that doesn't happen with everything. FF is the most popular show of the season so it figures it would draw in those people.

"90% of anime each season is harem anime, shounen, kiddy shit and moeshit."
ftfy

Anything beats battle harem trash.

Yeah, nice job idiot, listing a bunch of different genres sure does make a point!

What the fuck does this post have to do with anything?

He's a tripfag who's entire purpose of his existence is to fish for (You)s. Ignore him next time.

This honestly

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is better than most anime from the past 10 years though.

Retarded

>being jelly

Am I right in guessing that he also likes to take off his name and fake agreement with his own posts?

Is there anything worth watching this season the list looks pretty bland desu.

This is your fucking rec thread.

I'm not op though .

>caring what /qa/ shitters think

I feel sorry for you.

>Welcome to Sup Forums

More like welcome to humankind.

I accidentally a word. This is NOT your fucking rec thread. If you want recommendations go to /wsr/.

He didn't asked for a recommendation. He just asked if there's anything worth watching this season.

1. Almost every season there is (usually) at least one high profile harem show or show with haremesque elements.
2. Harem shows tend to become incredibly popular regardless of quality.

It's confirmation bias: harem shows stand out so we think there's more of them around than there really are.

That is literally asking for a recommendation. I am starting to see why Sup Forums gets so mad about this.

Have you ever considered that whining about it only makes things worse and the best way to deal with this kind of thing is to either respond seriously (silencing the asker) or to simply ignore him (and keep the thread going without derailing it)?

Whining about it, in multiple posts even, is the worst thing you can do. It neither satisfies the asker nor keeps the thread on the rails.

I've put a lot more thought into this than you think. There is, you might say, a method to my madness.

Hm, that's probably true. I imagine the exact same logic applies to what people call "moe" anime.

Did you just color in every fucking anime and call it moeshit regardless of whether it is or not? Are you stupid?

It's not even consistent. You colored Cardfight Vanguard but not Monster Hunter.