Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni successfully crowdfunded for foreign release

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/24/in-this-corner-of-the-world-new-crowdfunding-reaches-its-goal-only-in-one-day

Anyone else really excited to watch this? It seems like a worthy successor to the king of anime war movies, Grave of the Fireflies. Probably will be the best movie of the year, reviews are looking really fresh right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pIxnphtEmBMk1TR3JWOFBOV0U/view
youtu.be/C8IYZkoWodE
lineblog.me/yamamotoyutaka/archives/12973502.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gaRqwKfMlKU
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-24/in-this-corner-of-the-world-meets-crowdfunding-goal-in-1-day-to-send-director-overseas/.109100
youtube.com/watch?v=-jBe-uHhlNs
mega.nz/#!hstClLxI!gU33mBuT6u5zYft5ukpemkBCADRFPZdCBh0vDnDCOFU
kotringo.net/ktrng/discography/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How will it justify that the Japs dindu nuffin wrong and Nanking didnt happen again?

Here's hoping they show it somewhere close to me. Loved the manga and the PV looked great.

>Grave of the Fireflies.
If the manga is anything to go by, don't expect much suffering. It's more SoL than anything, there's very few suffering.

OST here, if anyone's interested

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pIxnphtEmBMk1TR3JWOFBOV0U/view

Do they rape americuck soldiers there?

When will it be pirate-able?

youtu.be/C8IYZkoWodE

God, I can't stop listening to this on repeat.

Thank you. This look to be a very beautiful movie.

Very excited! Sunao Katabuchi is a good director.

thank you senpai. another great ost this year

Just watched it the other day before going to Hiroshima. Wonderful movie.

There's plenty of suffering, though.
It's just more subdued than Grave of the Fireflies.

lineblog.me/yamamotoyutaka/archives/12973502.html

>A work of such devilish charm, it turns innumerable anime back to nothingness, that is Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni.
>We are not even allowed the entitlement of calling it a great masterpiece.
>Yes, naturally I, as well.

>What I can say right now, and this is a feeling I haven't had in at least 10 years, is that I'm thankful anime exists in this world.
>Right now, I feel that from the bottom of my heart.
>That moment, when I feel "saved". I guess that's why I can't stop.

Where were you.
Where were you, when ANIME saved YAMAKAN.

2016 will be remembered as the year of pure anime KINO

Never thought I'd see the day. This gets me excited, for some reason I always take Yamakan very seriously.

Did they adapt the little short parts like this one?
Really? Maybe I didn't noticed because the first part of the manga was pretty light hearted and the second part only had two suffering focused moments with the little sister dying and the MC losing her drawing arm, and the final chapter with the starving child that get a happy ending. Other than that the family was safe. Did I miss something?

youtube.com/watch?v=gaRqwKfMlKU

hope it comes out in the rest of Asia. After kimi no na wa's success i'm hoping more anime movies branch out to foreign countries.

already been done better in the wind rises and grave of the fireflies.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-24/in-this-corner-of-the-world-meets-crowdfunding-goal-in-1-day-to-send-director-overseas/.109100

>The film is also slated to open in 14 foreign countries, beginning in England, France, and South America, and will eventually travel to Germany, Mexico, and other countries.

wind rises was pretty dull and grave wasn't that good.

Didn't read the manga, but I don't remembering seeing anything like that scene.

In general, the movie *is* quite comedic, but it does have its sad parts. I loved the transition when the war started to reshape their daily lives, and how the dramatic parts were handled in a very genuine and unforced way.

I guess suffering is too harsh a word for what I was thinking of.
When I read it, I was struck by the melancholy of when she sketched the harbor while talking to the boy who went off to be a soldier, and then again by the entire situation with the prostitute.

your criticisms are trite, grow up.

I see, thank you. I look forward to seeing the movie.
Ah, you mean those scenes. Aye, they were quite melancholic scenes though I wouldn't call them suffering, it just show how harsh that time period can be.

>and other countries
So are the 'other countries' listed anywhere?

Not yet, the trips haven't started yet

Welp, I hope to god it comes out in Singapore in any case

Artsy Japanese flicks tend to do better overseas than in Japan. Naomi Kawase is won the Chevalier award of the Ordre des Arts et des Letres on France but literally nobody know her name on Japan and Takeshi Kitano is a comedian on Japan, the average nip would be surprised to know Kitano make movies too

>be in Germany
>Akiba Pass festival
>can watch Kizumonogatari III as first one outside of Japan
>can watch In this Corner of the World

>foreign release
So in other words, a limited single day screening at hipster theaters in LA, NYC and Dallas. Can't wait!

It's better than both lad

>Meanwhile Koe no Katachi.

Miyasaki is shit

Miyazaki didn't make it.

has anyone here read The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan? can you tell me how it compares to this movie?

No one has seen this movie.

I read some of the manga the other day when I heard about the film. It's so pleasant and charming.

>thing has no merit because it contains bias
and this is why people laugh at you guys when you try to say that this medium is equal to films or books

>when you try to say that this medium is equal to films or books

Said by literally no one ever. Sup Forums is just Sup Forums for anime. They don't hold any kind of esteem for their medium of choice and act in self depreciating ways.

How do I +1 like this shill thread?

The type of person to complain about Japanese war movies is not the type to argue animation is high art

Where is the version of this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=-jBe-uHhlNs

newfag

newfag

It's a weird combination of charming and sad.

Not even trying to be subtle anymore.

That isn't why people laugh at all

mega.nz/#!hstClLxI!gU33mBuT6u5zYft5ukpemkBCADRFPZdCBh0vDnDCOFU

I'm kinda glad to see it worked out. I remember reading that the director was spending just a dollar a day to feed his family while working on this.

Kotringo is a fucking fantastic composer. Glad to see her getting more anime work, and it looks like she's continued to produce great stuff.

I didn't really know much about this movie but I was interested just because she was composing.

>mega.nz/#!hstClLxI!gU33mBuT6u5zYft5ukpemkBCADRFPZdCBh0vDnDCOFU

Is this from a single? Doesn't seem to be included in the OST.

Gook/chink (Canadian) detected.

it's not in the ost. i downloaded it from yt

Oh so it's from an old album

kotringo.net/ktrng/discography/