Why is it that people will watch anime which sells sex rather than content

Over the years its apparent that there is a diminishing medium for anime that actually gives thought provoking themes or content written with any effort at all, whilst anime like that stupid butt banging shit is everywhere.

Surely animation studios realize that if they spent their time and effort making 1:1 adaptations towards quality manga series theyd gain more revenue that stupid to-love-ru shit?

Or is it because they can easily copy paste a couple of titties with different bra colors onto a generic female character for ez revenue

anime sucks now

It's a business; you always have to blame the customers.

Will she die if I remove her buns?

You raise a good point. Just look at all this mindless fapbait dominating the sales chart.

YuruYuri killed anime.

I like both anime that is thought provoking and sexually titillating. Sometimes I want to has something to think about and other times I just want a thrill. There's nothing wrong with either.

:thinking:

It will be extremely kawaii

Say that to my face kid

Sure thats great, but what I mean is I don't want the anime genre to be dominated with sexual stuff, else it become garbage, in fact, I wish all types of genres (even the ones I dont like) were distributed evenly in anime, so that only the best of the respective genres are fed to the audience.

Or am I expecting too much from this 3d pig world

>implying all media isn't partially focused on sex appeal
user how shut-in are you that you don't watch American television? Half of every series is het fap bait and the other half is queerbait

>Shut-in
Very, I don't watch any tv (not even america) or go outside. 3D world is dumb theres nothing out there, although I do know that 3D tv plays retarded shit no matter where you are, so theres that

Doesn't everyone shit on Gundam Seed, why is it at the top of the chart?

Also I'm gonna need context what exactly am I looking at?

In a perfect world that would be true. I like thought provoking anime as I said in the previous post but those are far and few between simply because they tend not to sell as well unless there is a rarity. For example Satoshi Kon is a brilliant director with great works under his belt but they are not popular in Japan even though his work has been emulated in Hollywood movies. I'm not trying to delve too deep on the Kon cock sucking but that's a good example. Meanwhile harem anime can sell quite well in Japan even though it's pretty generic a lot of the time and the only thing that sets each harem anime apart are the girls designwise and how shallow or deep the characters are. Sex does sell because it provokes a primal emotional response from us and people make decisions including purchasing decisions based on emotion instead of rational thinking.

There's your problem

if monster came out today youd probably pass it off as pretentious overrated garbage, f*ck off

>Not knowing about Gundam SEED
How new are you?
>Also I'm gonna need context what exactly am I looking at?
It's a list of anime, the year they came out, the average sales of home release media, amount of yen grossed, the studio who made it, and whether it adaptation or original.
All the context is literally right there.

The only fapbait on there is K-On, Love Live!, and Lucky Star. And K-On performed among the worst in that list.

Anime has always been like that though. The trash of the past is simply forgotten, just like today's trash will be forgotten in 10, 20 years.

> sex rather than content
Nice false dichotomy.

Wait what, how is me not being exposed to retardation a problem?

It pretty much was overrated, seriously does the plot seem realistic or just fabricated for the sake of story telling? (Story wasnt even that good either)

K-On & Lucky Star may be shit, but they aren't fapbait.

>K-On!
>Lucky Star
>fapbait
>not Bakemonogatari
>not Sword Art Online

>sex rather than content
Why is sex not "content"?

>Surely animation studios realize that if they spent their time and effort making 1:1 adaptations towards quality manga series theyd gain more revenue that stupid to-love-ru shit?
Is this bait, or are you genuinely this delusional?

>I don't want the anime genre to be dominated with sexual stuff
It isn't. It's dominated by kids' and family shows. Precure, Doraemon, One Piece, etc are the things that make money.

Dumb brat poster

>Over the years its apparent that there is a diminishing medium for anime that actually gives thought provoking themes or content written with any effort at all
Correct.

>whilst anime like that stupid butt banging shit is everywhere.
It isn't.

>Surely animation studios realize that if they spent their time and effort making 1:1 adaptations towards quality manga series theyd gain more revenue that stupid to-love-ru shit?
Not always true. And you're vastly overestimating the success rate of these sexually-chaged ecchi shows that you believe to be so prevalent. The most popular franchises are the ones that don't focus on sexual themes either explicitly, or at all.

Hell, looking at the list of airing anime this season, nothing sticks out as particularly "erotic" besides Keijo which is more ridiculous than titillating. Yes, there are low-quality, design-by-committee shows every season, but you're vastly over-exaggerating their prevalence. It's fine to dislike the medium in its current state, but let's not "invent" problems to make it seem worse than it is.

Your lack of exposure to anything other than nippon desu is the issue. The world revolves around 1/5 sex appeal

***,*36位/***,*38位 (**3,998 pt) [*,*85予約] 2016/12/30 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ユーリ!!! on ICE 1 (スペシャルイベント優先販売申込券付き)(全巻購入特典:「久保ミツロウ描き下ろしマンガ(メーカー特典)」+「アニメ描き下ろしアクリルスタンド6セット」引換シリアルコード付) [Blu-ray]
***,*57位/***,*53位 (**1,318 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/01/11 うたのプリンスさまっ マジLOVEレジェンドスター 1 [Blu-ray]
***,128位/***,126位 (**3,500 pt) [*,*28予約] 2016/12/30 ユーリ!!! on ICE 1(スペシャルイベント優先販売申込券付き) [Blu-ray]
***,150位/***,145位 ◎ (**4,463 pt) [*,*71予約] 2016/12/24 【Amazon.co.jp限定】DRIFTERS Blu-ray BOX (特装限定生産)(特典:「特製ドラマCD」&「描き下ろしキャラファイン[豊久×信長]」&漂流者特製イラストカードセット付き)
***,160位/***,148位 ◎ (**3,620 pt) [*,*96予約] 2016/12/24 DRIFTERS Blu-ray BOX(特装限定生産)
***,162位/***,182位 ○ (**1,748 pt) [*,*37予約] 2016/12/30 【Amazon.co.jp限定】ユーリ!!! on ICE 1 (スペシャルイベント優先販売申込券付き)(全巻購入特典:「久保ミツロウ描き下ろしマンガ(メーカー特典)」+「アニメ描き下ろしアクリルスタンド6セット」引換シリアルコード付) [DVD]
***,168位/***,165位 (**3,511 pt) [*,*25予約] 2016/12/14 刀剣乱舞-花丸- 其の一(初回生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
***,206位/***,181位 (**3,572 pt) [*,*15予約] 2016/11/23 WWW.WORKING!! 1 限定メニューだよっ! 「ワグナリア~初夏の大大大大感謝祭~」同梱版(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
***,250位/***,235位 ○ (***,825 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/01/11 うたのプリンスさまっ マジLOVEレジェンドスター 1 [DVD]
***,274位/***,313位 ○ (**2,228 pt) [*,**8予約] 2016/12/30 ユーリ!!! on ICE 1[DVD]
please

Youre right I think I directed my anger at the ecchi genre, I was mostly angry at the shallow shounen generic kids stuff that im sick of seeing

I still don't really follow, are you just saying that since I only follow anime my levels of expectations are too high and that I'll appreciate it more when I look at the filth that is the 3d world? Thats not what I want to do, nor is it a reasonable remedy

>Youre right I think I directed my anger at the ecchi genre, I was mostly angry at the shallow shounen generic kids stuff that im sick of seeing
Or you're just an ignorant dumb fuck. Don't post opinions until you have watched at least 500 anime & have a basic grasp of how entertainment production works.

> Don't post opinions until you have watched at least 500 anime
Nice arbitrary number, but Ive seen around 400.

> & have a basic grasp of how entertainment production works.

You make shit and hope it sells

"Thought provoking" is entirely subjective. Personally, I see more "thought provoking" anime now than I did pre-2000, mostly because of the rise of the iyashikei sub-genre.

>but Ive seen around 400.
And yet you're still absolutely clueless. Also you haven't seen "around 400". Seeing as you have the most retarded opinions known to Sup Forums, I'm sure you have a Myanimelist. On Myanimelist 400 is around 100 different shows maybe because it counts bonus episodes and split cours as their own entry.

>Implying you actually need to see 500 shows when after around 30 shows youve pretty much seen the anime industry p.s the rest is garbage

You DO realize that Animation costs money and time.

How many blu ray discs have you bought of those good, thought provoking shows?

Late Night Anime != Revenue Generating Mainstream Anime (Doraemon, Precure, Childrens Anime, ...)

You're right all anime is shit go back to and/or for true quality entertainment

Not him but this is incorrect. I'm not one to jerk my dick to how many shows has one seen but if you've seen 30 shows no matter how good you have barely scratched the surface for what the medium has to offer. I picked up anime as a hobby seven years ago and have seen a vast amount of anime but I have no idea how many shows I've seen. You do have a dipping point when you have seen everything that has initially caught your interest about the medium but it's then when your mettle as an anime fan is tested. After that you start watching bad and mediocre shows just to see what they are like. This allows you to later cut the wheat from the chaff when a new seasonal anime comes along because you've increased your experience to be able to more deeply draw conclusions about a show. Or you drop the medium and go play mediocre games on steam after a sale runs. It's really up to you.

OP you're seeing it wrong, it's not about sex, it's about viewer engagement. The easiest way to stimulate it nowadays is with waifus. The mecha era had the same crap with their infinite plastic models and endless discussion about Gundam geopolitics.

Theres no way anyone can afford to buy those blurays, one fucking volume (2 episodes) costs $100.

But thats because im still in uni. After I graduate I'll be buying my favorite shows straight from amazon.jp and leaving them in mint condition

So why not animate something worth while?

>Nobody care afford $100 every few months on their hobby
(you)
>So why not animate something worth while?
They do but you declared those shows to be garbage without watching them

>(you)
This is a personal thing, but when I do something I do it to completion else my OCD goes insane. For example, I have 2 5TB hdds which archive all my anime in the best releases from the best groups to date, if I were to do the same thing with my favourite anime or anime I enjoyed id have to sell my kidneys to afford the Blurays, not only this, I'd also buy all my favourite merch.

Im dedicated, I just cant afford it, yet.

What is "worth while", and why do sexy waifus not count?

I mostly hold Kyoani responsible. The success they had in the mid-late 2000s was so unprecedented that other studios jumped on the "cute girls doing cute things" bandwagon. But a decade later, they haven't realized that that success was more of a one time deal than an actually path to success.

Similar argument for shows like infinite stratos. Little effort was put in but reaped a high reward, so everyone else thinks they can get away with lazy writing. They're trying to be one hit wonders rather than attempt to maintain a consistent track record of moderate success.

>The success they had in the mid-late 2000s was so unprecedented that
Stopped reading there. Sunrise's Gundam SEED & Chode Gayass were far more successful
0/10 bait

Honestly wasn't bait.

It's a lot harder to have success similar to Code Geass because it's selling point is it's story. Shows like K-ON, Lucky Star, Infinite Stratos, are much easier to mimic. There's a reason we see more shows similar to those than something like CG, it's because they're easier to "write" and they've had past success, so studios are trying to make the most money while putting in the least amount of effort.

I thought the reason we see more series like K-On and Lucky Star is because 80% of manga are comedy and most anime at the moment are manga adaptations

Oh look, it's another 3 years late "y is everything k-on now????" thread