Jojo

why the fuck are stands like Superfly or cheap trick a thing if stands are supposed to be a manifestation of your soul? it fucking triggers my autism.why the fuck would your stand be a telephone tower that doesnt let you leave?

There also was that sword in Stardust Crusaders.
>stands are supposed to be a manifestation of your soul
It's jojo I aint gotta explain shit

people who hate themselves

>stands are a manifestation of your soul
>melone's stand requires raping and killing women
What did he mean by this

a blacksmith that put all of him into his weapons, not that farfetched

>imprisoned by the infrastructure of electricity
Should be obvious, his soul feels trapped by modernity and the rigid structure of his urban environment. That feeling of imprisonment manifests as a literal prison stand

Gappy makes me joyful

self insert?

Why?

why'd the old thread get deleted?

The telephone pole guy seemed like an autist and Cheap Trick, I don't fucking know he said the guy was too weak and died because of it, I think it was the same thing with Holly

This.

But if you wanna get deep I'm sure you could think of some kind of bullshit explaination

because op included the pastebin

Bruno was a coward. Discuss

is this what we call meme magic?

This is not a coward.

Stupid sexy Josuke

Because it reflects a persons desires and weaknesses too
Araki flip flops on what it means but things like Moody Blues are pisscop's desire to go back and help his friend but weakness in the fact he can't actually act on those things.

Some stands are utterly redundant like Hey ya!
Because people like Pocoloco are chill as fuck and just needed encouragement

For Cheap Trick, the user died. We don't know. Someone can just be an outright weak cunt and got a cunt stand he couldn't handle.

Read into as much or as less as you want. Araki doesn't give as much of a shit.

Where does one go for the covers and backpages? Batoto seems to missing some extra pages that the Spainish versions have .

not allowing a 15 year old girl to be murdered infront of you doesn't make you a coward, it makes you a decent human being

>Araki doesn't give as much of a shit.
well he should, he's the one writing the manga. i like jojo but i fucking hate how he doesn't give a shit about anything

Most people don't want to be raped by the devil though

if diavolo and doppio are two different personalities, shouldn't they have two different stands? or does Epitaph count as a separate stand?

>implying bruno feel pleasure from being penetrated by him
kek

>implying people who write books and comics care about the shit they write into it
thats comical my nigga

You're probbly better off reading Araki's side interviews and notes.
He tends to explain why does or doesn't do things (Like not explaining Kir4's childhood because he didn't want people to feel sorry for him .)
The stand guides tend to elaborate more on it too.
But Araki wil change the rules when he likes. It's refreshing but eeeeh.
His comments on power levels make sense though when it reset the narrative

>araki will never rewrite the second half of stone ocean how he originally intended and without being rushed

Mista and Fugo seemed like bros in part 5 but in PHF (understandably) he's pretty apprehensive about Gio picking Fugo back up in the beginning.

seemed fine to me

GAPPY WA HAPPY

B.I.G activated upon the user's death, so how people knew how it works?

What was his original plan?

I see Epitaph more as an ability rather than a stand, but your observation is not wrong, since the stand is a manifestation of your soul, and it's been confirmed that Diavolo's and Doppio's soul are different entities by the end of part 5, Doppio should either have a stand of his own or not being able to see other stands. Unless of course, they both equally shared King Crimson which wouldn't make sense, but who knows tbqh famalam.

I want to fuck David Pro Josuke. Which is worrying. I already want to fuck Jolyne so the part 6 anime would be murder.

Araki had shit taste in who he let live

Don't Stand users know their own ability faintly even if they've never seen it demonstrated? Cheap Trick comes to mind, my guess was that Carne knew he got the short end of the stick in he Stand lotto but because he joined Passione and he was taken care of by La Squadra so well it got to the point where he volunteered to die so his ability would be the one to kill the group's.

They saw how it worked first hand.
Happy ka Gappy

Why wouldn't it make sense? We've seen "shared" Stands in the series, Ratt and the Boom Booms for example.

at a glance Gappy looks like he'd be the gayest JoJo but he's actually the straightest one.

>the one you would expect to be a raging homo is the straightest
works every time

Stands don't have rules. They have guidelines. Quick, someone post the bar stand "rules" Araki drew. You'll notice how Araki has broken those rules multiple times each.

Can confirm, I played ASB before even watching the anime/reading the manga and I thought Gappy was the gayest JoJo/Part 8 probably would be the worst part due to how shit the storymode for part 8 was in ASB.
>He turns out to be straight as hell
>AND a complete alpha.
Bless Araki

Ratt isn't shared, it's two different rats with the same type of stand
wich makes me wonder, do simpler animals get similar stands? like if some rats get stands they'll always be the same kind?

He gives a shit about entertaining people with cool fights. He knows what's important in a battle manga.

So other birds from the same species as Pet Shop would get similar stands to him?
Also, the Boom Boom family still count then. Shared stands that have slightly different abilities but similar forms and all abilities relate to the main one they branch from, same could be said for Epitaph and KC in a way.

>Doesn't give a shit about anything
Where does this meme come from? The fights in JoJo are brilliant but if he didn't give a shit about the series he'd have ditched it like Miura's done with Berserk or how other generic shounens don't give a shit about their characters, one thing that's pretty much been consistent from part 4 onwards is Araki's really good characterization, and now from 7 onwards his storytelling's also improved quite a bit.

Was Sea Kira gay?

There's a breed of nerd who really enjoys world building and rules. They will not enjoy Jojo if they are too hung up on that.

Nah, he was on a date with soem Seababe before all the MomCancer shit went down.

Which episodes have the longest/best sequences of narration? I absolutely fucking love the narrator's voice and delivery. It's a shame there is no compilation or something of the sort.

Who? I don't remember that.

But JoJo does have great world building though, part 8's had some of the finest world building in the series with how much they elaborate on the setting and the people there getting involved in the phenomena like Shakedown Road and Milagro Man. Hell even part 4 had really memorable world building.

And for the most part the series does follow rules though, from part 4 onwards pretty much every Stand with a few exceptions are consistent in their abilities and actually work with their limitations to make the fights tense, creative battles of the mind. What are people's issues?

Pink Gap is best.

Hiatus is killing me.

>Listening to Talking Heads
>Song called Swamp
>Lyrics catch my eye because of the latest chapter.
I'm appreciative of Araki liking Talking Heads as much as I do. I wonder if Once In A Life Time will ever become a stand.

post what you thought of a character from appearance
>thought squalo would be a rapist with that angry gay bitch face

Why do the Jotaro oriented episodes always look the best in Part 4? SHA and Ratt we're great, can't say the same with a lot of the others.

why was he so fit? his job doesn't involve anything physical.

>he's actually the straightest one

Don't remind me!

Snails for one. Forgetting about abilities is another. People getting fucked up to an unrealistic effect too.

Those are just some of what I thought of. I don't really have a problem with Jojo. If you can enjoy Joseph's bullshit luck victory against Kars, then you should be able to enjoy the series.

Kawaijiri was working out so hard he ignores his wife and family. A true /fit/ bro.

Snails is absurd as hell but it's so far within the realms of scientific capability that it's not really asspullish, just ridiculous but in the stupidly creative way.
>Forgetting about abilities
This rarely happens though, abilities have been retconned somewhat near the beginning of the part but the only one I can think of there is with Gio's perfect-counter, which deserved to be written out of existence.

>People getting fucked up to an unrealistic effect too.
Well, it's mainly a shounen manga, so that stuff should be expected, but there is quite a lot more to the series. I just don't want a repeat of that shitty "Wow everyone JoJo is shit, this is a big realization!" thread.

Squalo is actually very qt despite his looks. He seemed like the cruel calculating type but wasn't like that at all.
Risotto has a misleading design as well.

I thought Gappy was going to be an airhead and that Part 8 would be sea focused.

MILAGRO MAN

It was just some noname person he was with when Josefumi was about to be introduced.

>implants epitaph into Doppo
what did he mean by this?

>Cheating on his hands
What a dick

It's a shame, I always thought JoJo's strength is that it never gets bogged down in its continuity like so many other long-running manga.

Is there an updated part 5 translation for the black and white art? I don't like colors.

This the current artstyle of DiU would go great with JJL this smooth candy shit

from the chapter he meets Joesfumi, he's on his own

wait fuck i couldve sworn there was a chapter were kira was sitting in a diner with some babe, Oijuri came in, Kira punched him, then left. Was i mixing them up?
It would be pretty gud, i wouldnt lie and you could definitely see the counterpart differences.

batoto

You are Anasui and see this, what do?

Why did I feel bad for him here?

Don't forget the Eleven Men.

Ojiro was the one on a date.
Kira told him to fuck off.

Shit. Welp guess its time for me to re-read JJL with some music.

because you're a faggot, there's no reason at all to feel bad for that trash

Holy fuck that Hato is incredible. Yasuho, Nijimura and Daya are great too. Karera is shit, just like the manga version.

Didn't he look like a normal person in the manga?

>the only time we would want david to animate a part after DiU
>chances are its the part that will never get animated
kill me

I turn myself into a man

Hey Ya was the physical embodiment of Pocoloco's good feelies
it also had limited future sight that didn't take into account changes in people like Johnny and Gyro doing that steel ball bridge shit
also I want a Hey Ya backpack

i don't hate this

>no scenario where jolyne and anasui had to remove their clothes
What a waste senpai. And Weather Report got to lick her piss.

>Gappy's clothes work in any color
>S&W work in any color
Truly the best JoeJoe

He just wanted a quiet life with his family. Hayato is a little shit.

Anasui already shows what he needs to show

He probably has a laughably small penis so he has to impress Jolyne with his muscles

The manga talks about Epitaph as Doppio's ability, so yes.

Nonsense, all you had to do was write that he could never use his stand on a living person again and immediately go to the police and confess his crimes using Heaven's Door. He could have done this at any time throughout the final confrontation.

>part 1 - introduced some things and is consistent throughout entirety of part
>part 2 - add some new elements, still is consistent
>part 3 - drops some elements and introduces new one, sticks to rules and principles it introduces, only two really overpowered stand users
>part 4 - introduces new element to justify new stand users, tries to play with time, but not too much
>part 5 - introduces shitload of really overpowered characters including Gold Experience Requiem "my ability is to beat other abilities" shit
>part 6 - "my stand is suuper fastererer than anything and i can reshape universes, because dio give me recipe to do this, which he didn't use himself for some reason xdddd"
part 7 - parallel universes fuckery, stand now gives abilities instead of fighting by itself, "I will die and game is over? No, I'll bring DIO from another universe with another ability with no explanation whatsoever, because fowieovsidjf"
I've wasted so much time reading this. Is part 8 any better or is it still dumb as fuck and Araki is still lazy in his nonconsistent writing? Is he still changing rules about Stands every five seconds, because he thinks it's more entertaining to introduce some new powers instead of decent writing?

>confesses that he killed all the missing people
> execute him
fug

I do too user

>Frog that gets punched gets a plushie.
>Kira gets a phone case, choker, headphones
>Star Platinum Vibrator.
>D4C gets a phone stand
>Cheap Trick will probably get a backpack.
It's unfair user.

Nigga, if you hate part 7, you will loathe part 8
one stand is literally chess

Stop being retarded.

>stand now gives abilities instead of fighting by itself
This was a good change though. Araki kind of lost me on parts 5 and 6 with the stand shenanigans but despite me not liking 7 that much the new interpretation of stands is refreshing. And he sticks to those rules in part 8 so if you wanted part 7 with a more coherant story I would jump in on 8.

No, Diavolo gave Doppio Epitaph.

It would be rude to interrupt Jotaro being badass.

Shame he didn't know what really makes her waterfall until the end, then he died.

>Inconsistent
You've not pointed out any inconsistencies though. Why don't you drop the series if you're this mad about it, or is someone holding a gun to your head to tell you to read it? Also
>Implying some of the less fleshed-out portions of Araki's writing completely detract from the good parts of each individual part.
You sound like fun.

>skipping parts
Nigger no

NObody said to skip parts, he asked if part 8 was worth reading and he's clearly at least looked at everything else. Calm your tits.