Dagashi Kashi

Dumping newest chapter.

Summary:

-chapters starts with Hajime complaining that it's cold and she talks about getting something hot to eat
-she arrives back at the shop to see Kokonotsu sitting under a kotatsu and arrives at the conclusion that he got it out specifically for her
-this leads to a gag where he says he got it out in case customers want to eat there and she cries and claims he's abusing his authority as boss and keeping it to himself
-it then turns to food and she says she bought some takoyaki for them to share
-Kokonotsu gets excited at this, because he was just in the middle of eating an octopus-flavored rice cracker (tako senbei)
-this leads to another gag where Hajime notices the packaging has a shrimp on it as well as an octopus and how that's misleading and it should have shrimp in the name too instead of just octopus
-Kokonotsu then takes some of the takoyaki, loads it onto the rice cracker, and puts more rice cracker on top to make a sandwich out of it, and he calls it a "takosen" - taken from "TAKOyaki" + "SENbei"
-this leads to another gag where Hajime says that's confusing because the octopus-flavored rice crackers can be abbreviated as "takosen" as well
-Kokonotsu replies that dagashi culture can sometimes be loose like that
-finally, Kokonotsu takes some sauce/condiments and draws a cartoon face resembling Hajime on one of the crackers, saying that it's a thing some places do to appeal to customers and make their food seem special
-Hajime takes a picture of it because she likes it, and the chapter ends with her under the kotatsu asking Kokonotsu to get some takoyaki while he's out if it's cheap so that they can make "takosen" again

Some points I didn't manage to fit into the summary: part of the chapter is Kokonotsu being glad that Hajime is showing some interest in dagashi because he was worried she didn't care. There's a small part where he's introspective and is surprised himself that he cares about wanting others to like dagashi.

Also, I haven't kept up with the series at all since the anime. Who is this Hajime person?

She's looking over the shop while You is recovering from his tragic accident.

I like her, shes cute.

I was surprised that it happened.

>Hotaru is gone
>Shikada Dagashi is in disrepair
>Convenience store opened up across the street
>Yoh crashes leg into wall and breaks something
>stuff is getting taken out of the shop

I seriously thought that the manga was ending soon and it was doing so on a low note.

Nice legs.

Nah, Kotoyama certainly planned this shit out. If we'll go by the number of chapters up to the festival, then I wouldn't be surprised if it actually fits the amount of free days kids get on the summer break.

If Hotaru never comes back, there's probably going to be arguments about which era was the best.

She'll be back by the winter break, it's only logical. Besides, it's not like she has any other friends to spend time with anyway.

Yeah she'll come back. Koto still posts sketches of her on Twitter.

That's good to know. I was mostly musing about what would happen if that did happen.

>it's not like she has any other friends to spend time with anyway.

I had my inklings about her being a lonely kid from the Namaiki Beer chapter, but it got really driven in when I watched the festival episode and she talked about katanuki.