NET NEUTRALITY IS A SCAM

Let me start by saying we don't have net neutrality in canada and my internet is probably better than yours

Net neutrality is not a good thing, because it prevents people from doing legitimate things on the internet. Most people think net neutrality is simply a way of making sure that the internet is not censored. Rather, internet neutrality is a way of allowing internet providers to filter content that they think is illegal, or slow down content that they think is taking up too much space.

The FCC had previously attempted to enforce such rules illegally, but lost in the Comcast v FCC case. This time Verizon took them on, and FCC lost again! You see, back in the Clinton years, a bill passed with bipartisan support that freed the Internet from burdensome regulation. It was called the Telecommunications Act, and its specifically separated information services from telecommunications services, disallowing the FCC from imposing the same degree of regulations on Internet services that they can on the Phone company. This was important in the debate before the Open Internet order, because Net Neutrality had already been ruled illegal in the Comcast case. So the radical left had argued that the FCC should wave a magic wand and declare that Internet service providers are no longer information services, and are now phone companies, and so should be reclassified as such. Today’s decision in Verizon v FCC rests on the classification of ISPs as being information services, as envisioned by the Telecommunications Act, which again was passed by Newt Gingrich’s House and signed by Bill Clinton. That’s how much of a common-sense thing it used to be, to have a lightly-regulated Internet. Bottom line do you really want the Govt to control your use of the Information Super Highway? Net Neutrality does nothing but give immense power to the FCC.

Go fuck yourself you shill.

Mr. Pal is a dead man.

>leaf

Tell your supervisors to contact me if they'd prefer to hire someone to make better psyop threads than this.

>the leafs are working with the jews now
What a time

you're the shills

net neutrality wasnt around before 2015

>all responses within 1 min or less of each other. all the same tone.
man net neutrality has been shilled hard on this board and the internet. holy shit net neutrality isn't good if companies like facebook want it and youtube want it. these are the companies going in the clear -984 direction, but you're convincing yourself that these companies want a *more open* network? are you kidding me? OP is right. net neutrality is govt control over internet and therefor control over he last free exchange of ideas on the planet. fucking retards.

it is crazy how fast shill(s) came to this thread. they are shilling net neutrality so hard.

It is a scam perpetuated by liberal Cucks that don't want an increase in their Netflix fees. The internet should be free of any regulation. ISPs should be able to act in the interest of their company and the free market will respond accordingly.

my thoughts exactly my burger friend, somehow lots of people dont seem realize this

>internet neutrality is a way of allowing internet providers to filter content that they think is illegal
like what
>or slow down content that they think is taking up too much space
like what

Now kiss

>trusting monopolies
el oh el

>internet neutrality is a way of allowing providers to filter content or slow it down

It's literally the exact opposite of that. Fuck off with your disinformation you retarded cuck.

current shill strategies:

>respond to thread 2-4 times immediately (within 2 mins of posting)
>all responses are within 1 min of one another
>immediately take cucked, lefty stances
>will often use tropes such as "i mean we can all agree on this right?" or "i voted for trump but let's be real this NN repeal is gonna fuck us. face it pol, we fucked up"
>meme flag
>short, generic responses, never more than 4 sentences
>calling someone a shill immediately(this is where it gets confusing)

Sure it's cool if you don't want free music and tv shows

>internet providers always raising 20 dollars every year, because lol providing internet and cable is solo hard.

Bonus points for trying to appeal to fears of government censorship but still no dice.

It was in practice, Net Neutrality laws in 2015 were put in place to make sure it stayed that way.

How do you the consumer benefit from that protection being removed? It can only be used to harm you

americans are so cucked they think they're going to benefit from this

>look at how much better everything is Canada!
fuck off, leaf

bump

If they decided to censor the internet, it would go against our own constitution.

Stupid fucking shill.

This. Americans are being taken advantage of. More free market policies for the internet is a good thing.

>mfw americucks will get throttled off Sup Forums after they themselves vote against net neutrality

>Internet neutrality is a way of allowing internet providers to filter content that they think is illegal, or slow down content that they think is taking up too much space.

Fuck you.

This is the most poorly written shill thread on the board today. You contradict yourself at every turn, nigger. And what's sad is, if you were a paid shill, it's likely this would have made some kind of sense but it doesn't, which means that you're doing this for free.

Fucking wew.

>mfw swedes will be jailed for attempting to open up the pol board

blow away leaf

>the government cares about the constitution