This is it. This is the last battle for net neutrality

This is it. This is the last battle for net neutrality.

tldr: The FCC is about to kill net neutrality. We’re protesting nationwide on Dec 7th to stop them. Head over to verizonprotests.com/ for more info.

WHAT ARE OUR DEMANDS?
Ajit Pai is clearly still working for Verizon, not the public. But he still has to answer to Congress. So we’re calling on our lawmakers to do their job overseeing the FCC and speak out against Ajit Pai’s plan to gut Title II net neutrality protections and give Verizon and other giant ISPs everything on their holiday wishlist.

HOW CAN I JOIN?
Head to events.battleforthenet.com/#eventType=protestrally and you’ll find an interactive map where you can see if there is already a protest planned near you. If not, you can sign up to host one (act.demandprogress.org/event/team-internet/create/), and we’ll send you materials to make it easy and help you recruit others in your area. These protests will be quick, fun, and 100% legal. If you can’t attend a protest on December 7th, you can still help defend net neutrality by calling your lawmakers (battleforthenet.com/) and spreading the word on social media. You can also sign up to host a meeting with your members of Congress, or volunteer for our texting team to help turn people out for these protests.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-rebooting-the-network-neutrality-debate/361809/)
techdirt.com/articles/20171120/11253438653/fcc-plan-to-use-thanksgiving-to-hide-attack-net-neutrality-vastly-underestimates-looming-backlash.shtml)
theverge.com/2017/7/12/15959932/comcast-verizon-att-net-neutrality-day-of-action)
twitter.com/LibertarianBlue/status/933049468353728514
youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHAT’S NET NEUTRALITY?
Net neutrality is the basic principle (theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-rebooting-the-network-neutrality-debate/361809/) that has made the Internet into what it is today. It prevents big Internet Service Providers (like Verizon) from charging extra fees, engaging in censorship, or controlling what we see and do on the web by throttling websites, apps, and online services.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) just announced (techdirt.com/articles/20171120/11253438653/fcc-plan-to-use-thanksgiving-to-hide-attack-net-neutrality-vastly-underestimates-looming-backlash.shtml) its plan to slash net neutrality rules, allowing ISPs like Verizon to block apps, slow websites, and charge fees to control what you see & do online. They vote December 14th. People from across the political spectrum are outraged, so we’re planning to protest at Verizon retail stores across the country on December 7, one week before the vote and at the peak of the busy Holiday shopping season. We'll demand that our members of Congress take action to stop Verizon's puppet FCC from killing net neutrality.

WHY VERIZON STORES?
The new chairman of the FCC, Ajit Pai, is a former top lawyer for Verizon, and the company has been spending millions on lobbying (theverge.com/2017/7/12/15959932/comcast-verizon-att-net-neutrality-day-of-action) and lawsuits to kill net neutrality so they can gauge us all for more money. By protesting at Verizon stores, we’re shining light on the corruption and demanding that our local do something about it. Only Congress has the power to stop Verizon's puppet FCC, so at the protests we'll be calling and tweeting at legislators, and in cities where it's possible we'll march from Verizon stores to lawmakers offices.

Should I dress in my antifa gear or come in normal clothes?

>>reddit

Fuck that Verizon whore

>inb4 reddit takes over all of internet and the real censorship starts.

>inb4 tens of thousands of nazi racist websites gets shutdown.

Kek wills it

Are you fucking retarded?

but this is the reddit board faggot

Pol will unironically be against net neutrality just because reddit is for it. Have fun paying an extra $8/month for the meme site package. Guess you can just vote with your dollar and have no Internet because these ISPs agree to not encroach on each other's territory so there can be no competition.

>muh tribalism

Inb4 we have to pay 10 dollars a month for access to the nazi package for access to Sup Forums and libertarian YouTubers.

>Pol will unironically be against net neutrality just because reddit is for it.

Which is ironic considering most of those against net neutrality are alt-right newfags who migrated here from reddit over the past couple years.

fuck off /leftypol/

>BUT MOOM I NEEED THE MEME SITE PACKAGE!

I'm against NN, cuz ur a faggot leftist
lmao get fucked, king niggers banana tax is dead

oh yeah I guess ISPs might not want to be affiliated with cripplechan either
I guess this is all worth it LOL

Which is ironic because there is no valid argument for turning the Internet into packages of websites. Gee I'm going to support this for no other reason than I am retarded. I've been here since pol started and pol is and was against every attempt to control the Internet and make it less free. Nu-pol is just arbitrarily against anything on Reddit.

Net Neutrality is gay af. Burn it and shit on it. Big companies should pay for their bandwidth, let smaller companies compete agains the giants.

Don't worry fat fagoteer, we, the Yuropoors will provide full proxy-doxy support for you "free" lards. Chinks/gooks will join too. Teh Internetz is a right, not a privilege.

Fuck off reddit. Sup Forums is against net communism

You are beyond retarded OP. Net Neutrality as a policy existed since the dawn of Internet and was in effect far before Obongo put it under the FCC in 2015. How did you think the internet run before it?

THIS IS THE USUAL, AGE OLD MARXIST TRICK OF RENAMING AND REDEFINING CONCEPTS AND LAWS IN ORDER TO SHAPE PUBLIC DISCOURSE.

>/leftypol/'s definition of trolling is posting 80 bait threads on Sup Forums
Wow no wonder you guys got absolute curb stomped by the right wing these last couple years
absolutely pathetic

Can Eurobros somehow help?

>yfw niggerbama's goons are panicking
Globalists BTFO!

b-but what about her emails?

By removing kebab from your own country.

Subsidizing Google and Netflix somehow is neutral

This. This fight isn't against NN. It's against federal regulation of the internet. The same people that think Sup Forums is run by Russian bots and click phishing emails are the same people trying to decide the future of the internet.

This current battle is jew in fighting. (((Google))) vs (((Comcast))). Either way, we lose.

You are a faggot. Net neutrality is the trojan horse they tried to foist upon us with SOPA.

Stop posting this shit over and over. Tell Soros and Brock that its not working here.

Why are all Trump kids so retarded?

You won't even be able to post on this site if this passes, you inbred.

The reason Netflix, YouTube, Google, Facebook etc all support #NetNeutrality is because it makes it more difficult for ISPs to charge them for the huge amount of network resources they use. They don't really care about internet freedom.

It actually makes more sense to apply some of the #NetNeutrality rules to Google, Facebook, Twitter etc, because they are far more vulnerable to ideologically driven boycotts demanding censorship. (ISPs rely on subscription revenue - far more resilient than ads).

twitter.com/LibertarianBlue/status/933049468353728514

Always wondered how stupid normies have to be to fall for phishing emails.

Net neutrality is for cucks. I'm tired of faggots using Netflix to stream their 1080p anti white jew propaganda, they're using bandwidth I could use for better purposes. Fuck them.

Linkbaiting will be funny with Twitter's new rules.

BUMP

Maybe their mom’s Internet plan will include 4chin

MUH FREE MAKRETTE

yes you eurobros and other bros from around the world CAN help. You can help by spreading the facts about what will happen if net neutrality is gutted. This WILL affect the rest of the world if it happens in the US. It will NOT stop at the US. Keep this in mind.

this is it!

youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

hahahaha, fuck net neutrality, I aint being a protest shill for verizon, fuck you.

>This WILL affect the rest of the world if it happens in the US. It will NOT stop at the US. Keep this in mind.

LOL

Fucking dead 10/10

mayority of poll user live with their parent so 95% of the trafic wont subscribe
BYE BYE Sup Forums

Being against NN just to be contrarian is retarded. If Reddit said that breathing was good, Sup Forums would suffocate. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

if you are from canada your opinion is invalid regardless of your opinion pls go to other thread