EVA 3+1

Is Eva 3+1 coming sooner than we think?
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4898.html

The image is from celebrating Khara's 10th anniversary.

Video shows some of the images at the event
youtu.be/RkyA2O2sGdU

Other urls found in this thread:

evageeks.org/2016/11/takeshi-honda-confirms-evangelion-final-is-in-production/
uk-anime.net/articles/The_Takeshi_Honda_interview/1
youtube.com/watch?v=Duu8z3l9CUM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi57d50pCUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that site has a ton of images.

[Room of Asuka and Mari]

Is that Shogouki walking downriver with Longinus?

it has to be, no other eva is like that

here's a larger image

I thought more people would be on this thread,
I guess I should of made the thread pic a picture of Asuka or something.

To answer your namefag question OP, yes, yes the Hype starts now. I fully believe that Anno is gonna pull us an EoE and fully, honest-to-god save anime. Shin Godzilla was a masterpiece, and I can't wait to see what he does with 3+1.

Also, yes, I know I'm overly optimistic, but that's the fun way to be.

someone has already dropped those images a few days ago that's why it's so quiet

holy shit is this it? are they finally caring for this movie? its been so long man

>yes, yes the Hype starts now. I fully believe that Anno is gonna pull us an EoE and fully, honest-to-god save anime. Shin Godzilla was a masterpiece, and I can't wait to see what he does with 3+1.
Well, I hope so. I liked that godzilla film.
>dropped those images a few days
So it's not because I didn't use a click-bait image.

still, I thought people would be talking about it.

I'm going to keep posting images from the site to keep thread alive.

I know people dislike evageeks I(i don't know why please enlighten)
>"We’re actually working on the new Evangelion film right now. We’re working hard and it’ll come out eventually, so thanks for all of your patience – please continue to be patient, because it’s going to be the last episode."
According to takeshi-honda
evageeks.org/2016/11/takeshi-honda-confirms-evangelion-final-is-in-production/

>over 4 years
>only thing out is a few concept pictures probably made years ago
Oh wow so fucking hyped, I almost peed my pants.

uk-anime.net/articles/The_Takeshi_Honda_interview/1

this has the interview with Takeshi

For evageeks, it's a bit like the SkullKnight forums for Berserk. They aren't wrong, they just tend to be elitist, nitpicky, purist faggots. Like, a thousand times worse than the EVA threads here, and that's saying a lot.

Well every time they display anything. the film debut is a year away.

amazing

Wasn't it confirmed they scrapped the original idea when they changed the name from 4.44 or something?

Really? Shit, I don't know whether my body is ready for anime being saved in only one year.

Also why is the water clear? I thought it was red.

I just noticed that the walls and Website backgrounds are the same colour.

At this point, that doesn't even really look like Earth. Maybe it's on the Black Moon, which has clear water?

Takeshi confirmed Asukafags. Good taste :)

Is this Asuka?

this looks like that scene on the lion king before mufasa gets nuked

Well, the size doesn't really work out, with the lance next to it. Maybe Asuka becomes a giantess.

is this earth? i need to know

or unit-1 is just really far away

that place is massive

the pic reminds me of imagery from proposal. I'll post it in a sec.

Damn, this place looks like the house of God or some shit.

dat helmet horn.

this is definitely Tokyo 3

Actually, now that I look at those pics more closely, doesn't it look like the water is flowing upwards? Maybe the light is a source of pure water?

And maybe it being a source of pure water is an indication is it the key to healing the Earth of the third impact?

Unit-01 truly has an amazing design. Probably my favorite mecha design ever.

>Unit-01

This isn't unit-01 bro. I agree with you though.

It's hard to be hyped with a trailer like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Duu8z3l9CUM

That's not a trailer, that's a terrible 4 year old probably scrapped unfinished sequence.

It is, from Anima.

>2014

>In 2012 the final film was briefly listed on Khara's website for a 2013 release.[10] Later, in the August 2013 issue of OtonaFami, it was announced that it would be released around winter 2015.[11] In October 2014, Anno announced that due to other commitments,[12] which was later revealed to be his involvement with Shin Godzilla,[13] the film will be further delayed to an unknown date despite the previous release date being echoed in the January 2015 issue of Weekly Bunshun.[14]
And now it's almost 2 years from that.

Remember when the 3.0 art book leaked and all that speculation for the movie? Good times

this is worse than the new zelda game

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi57d50pCUw

Well, yeah, it's one of the many variations. It's just not the original Unit-01 is what I meant.

Also should I read Anima?

>Also should I read Anima?
if you know Japanese than yeah!

looks real cool

even if the story isn't up to fluff with people's impossible expectations, at least it'll be a treat visual-wise.

Yamashita's designs are really amazing.
I really wish he would do a gundam series or another mecha show besides ave.
It feels like he's a bit restricted in the Eve franchise.

He's done some really interesting concept art for gundam before though.
This pick here is his take on the Nu Gundam

when was it? im still a newfag so idk, man i would've loved to see that

This is the FFXV of anime, literally took a decade too.

Did you misspell eva twice on purpose just to trigger me?

Welp, better get to learning those moon runes. Really, no fan-translations? I thought it was kinda sorta popular.

No, I'm phoneposting and autocorrect is on.

Right? When 3.0 came out I was a senior in high school and now im almost done with college, this better be amazing.

IT is , Khara told Evageeks/translators to stop; or have legal action against them.

Wtf, why you do this khara.

real talk guys, what do u expect from this movie?

besides the 13 minute yaoi scene between shinji and kaworu

It's not going to be the end.

Unfortunately I cant find the Picture, Either proposal or Anima, but it has a Unit moving back from us into an Alien-esque geometrical door.

I do believe that this is the "dark moon"

This already looks splendid.

Kaworu is ded.

Concept arts pretty much always are. The problem is the real product.

No his soul is stuck in unit 13, didn't you watch the movie?

That still counts as dying.

>it's been 10 years since Rebuild 1.0
I thought it would be over by the time I was 22

Not in Evaverse.
Kaworu Rei and Yui were all technically alive even though they died in NGE.
Really makes you ponder.

I mean, desu I don't really want to get off Anno's wild ride. I'd be down for actual 4.0 after 3.0+1.0.

Well, 100% enjoyment for me would be some equal parts of Shinji living on the Wunder for a bit till we get attached to the gang.

Then, the later part part of EoE happens, but Seele is switched with Nerv, and Nerv is switched with Wille. Wille gets attacked all-out by Nerv, shit goes down, everything gets destroyed/killed except the reactor room where Unit-01 is. Shinji gets in and does his thing, Rei IX gets Rei II's soul from the core of Unit-01 at some point, instrumentality happens, Shinji bangs Asuka forever.

But I'm sure Anno is gonna surprise me somehow.

I dunno, those do look especially stunning even just conceptually.

>his soul is stuck in unit 13
SEE

>Eva 13

Oh boy. Wille were retards for leaving it at Gendo's reach.

So it'll be about Shinji freeing albinos from Evas?

Meh, I don't think it has shown to be any stronger than Unit-01, which is still with Wille.

>Fuyutsuki warns Shinji he'll lose his shougi match in the amount of turns equivalent to the minutes to Kaworu's 'death'
>Shougi is a game where the players capture the strongest pieces of the one they play against and makes them his
>suddenly captured and functional Eva 13 which had no soul to function or AT field to project now has it

What did they mean with this? Could be that Sup Forums called it years ago?

Anima is full retard.

He told Shinji they'll meet again and there's a play on 3.0+1.0 according to Khara.

Eva 01 will be Eva 13 equal. 01 and 13 have symbolic numbers. It's Alpha and Omega in Eva world.

Plus Eva 13 literally ate Lilith's body like a ripe fruit.

I think it's pretty clear Unit-13 will be equal to Unit-01+2*Unit-06, showing that one Shinji is worth two Kaworus.

>Shinji bangs Asuka forever.
Has Khara's pair merchandising taught you nothing? Sad.

Shinji is literally Kaworu in Anima. Well, his shitty side. I'm not even joking.

water is flowing downwards at the path, yet flows like a water fall towards them at the walls.

Are they gonna be able to give the clusterfuck lore some sort of coherence? Even the original series gave most events and items a clear-ish origin and purpose in the world by the end of it.

Original show explained fuck all, that's why Anno put the backstory in that video game. It was all shitty symbolism your teenage self thought it was deep and meaningful.

>This faggot though the meaningless symbolism was the deep part when it's the characters, their flaws, their motivations and their development that is the meaningful part.

So Shinji is totally a far soul right?

I didn't say that, but Eva's world building has always been shit and full of retarded plot holes that never made sense. The character's development was what hid those glaring flaws. Now that the characters are as deep as a teaspoon, you see the show world building for what it is: a clusterfuck.

You can do actually great characters with flaws and characterization and a coherent world building. Read Twelve Kingdoms or watch its outdated anime adaptation as example. Yohko Nakajima is twenty times the character anyone in Eva could ever hope to be, and the world building is flawless. Just stop trying to get your nostalgia turn the blind eye to the fact Eva was mediocre. I loved it because it was part of my childhood, but it's mediocre as fiction. The Ost is the only actually aspect I admit it's flawless.

You mean take another plot point from Nadia the MC)

If they use Anima bullshit
Shinji is literally Adam's evil sinful side expelled because Adam should be pure reborn as human.

Something doesn't have to be flawless to be personally meaningful to you.

As if that was a bad thing.
>Slap
>Don't say such sad things, Shinji.

TK looks pretty good actually, I'll add it to the list. But I feel like the issue here is that we're looking for different things in worldbuilding. I don't really mind that the world of Eva isn't fully coherent when you analyze it in depth, and I especially don't mind that it leaves a lot unexplained. For me, if the world is successful at having the right tone while being the backdrop of the focus of the narrative, the characters, it's as good as I want it to be.

When did I ever say the original wasn't filled with shitty symbolism?

>Slap
>Don't say such sad things, Shinji.

Who said that?

No one in Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water.

Reminder that Shinji is straight

so the story was mediocre but the animation is on another level which redeems the show

In all honesty Shinji is such a neglected and warped human being that any genuine affection probably raises his dick.

No.

Well yeah
That was kind of a thing