Why do Millenials hate manual labor

>why do Millenials hate manual labor

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtus_(virtue)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because its unsatisfying, dangerous and doesn't pay enough to offset the fact that you will be a wreck by the time you're 50.

Vacuous, inconsequential, boring, painful, pointless and pays peanuts.

Probably because every single person, including your co-workers tells you your job will be automated within 5-10 years

I fucking swear the people maintaining the power grid should just go on a collective vacation for a month.

cause we live in a middleman society where you get paid more just telling others to work and then taking credit

Manual labour isn't something that one is meant to enjoy.

so basically a strike

Because they're ultra high IQ city people who rightfully refuse to waste their almost extraterrestrial intelligence on pleb-tier menial work.

Anyone born in 1980 or after is a milennial. Fucking retards unless your'e fucking 38 or older then you are a milennial.

these.

ITT: Fags
There is literally nothing more satisfying than doing physical work and achieving a result you can see in front of you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a cuck faggot.

Because they are lazy, entitled little shots who want everything just handed to them.

This.

Idiot reply’s , HVAC Contractors Solar Energy Contractors , Plumbers will make far more with better benefits than a Master in Humanities or a law degree now . Last year there were 30,000 new jobs in HVAC with only 17,000 graduating from trade schools ! You can get out of a trade school in HVAC or Electrical in two years and be hired at way more than a teacher or lawyer today . Supply and demand . A whole generation of wimpy millennial and others before them were afraid to put a tool in their hands . Now there is a whole generation leaving the work force with no one to replace them . Someone will always need to repair and put in HVAC and Plumbing, robots will replace white collar jobs that are NOT factory line jobs way before really skilled labor in the field .

Because it's a redundant form of work -- with "work" itself soon to be made defunct

Because only the low end grunts actually DO the labor, Which makes the goal becoming the guy who just tells others what to do because fuck it, it saves your back and it pays more. I dont mind hard work myself but fuck, im 27 and my back is already wrecked. I get it, the more experienced SHOULD get paid more, but, I dont know, The hardest, most dangerous work has always been for the lowest class. Then someone realized they could just manage others and boom.

Is no one gonna ask who OP is quoting? Sage

They think that $9 an hour isn't enough reward.

I work manual labor. I actually lift a lot of pounds because I workout and they compensate me for the extra food I need to eat. I also get wonderful medical coverage and have good dental. I eat only from local farms and none of the work I do is straining because I have muscle. Meanwhile you have people on both political sides looking like little women.

>t. thrown out back at 30

come work your ultra satisfying manual work for 500 € here, you'll get unreal deadlines and more work for good results

Because 75% of the people you work with are miserable cunts.

I respect blue collar much more than white collar. I work with entrepreneurs who always edify the effort that people go through with school, but I always have a hard time doing it myself, because I see what most office goers are like. They're lazy, weak, effeminate. They can't learn anything without being babied. I would rather trust my life to a single man who breaks his back 8 hours a day, than a hundred cubicucks. Yeah it doesn't pay well, but these men are the builders of civilization, and we would be in a much better society if everyone believed in a good day's labor.

>9$/h
Even a shit carpenter that finds work is making 25$/h+ here.

ill do it but theres nothing around here but shit clothing stores and walmart

because their fathers are faggots

>falls for the jewish trick that exercise is bad for you

Because they think like fucking communists.

Being in front of a computer is too comfy m8

This. Or their fathers are Gen X drug addicts who abandoned ship when they forgot to pull out.

>no family lifestyle, womena are a fucking wreck
>no livable wages
>no chance at affording your own home
>no common bond with countrymen
>no community
You old faggots destroyed every incentive to work.
Now you're going to watch America decline from being a superpower and I'm going to sit on my ass laughing

Lack of this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtus_(virtue)

I work in a steel mill and thankfully it’s only a rolling mill. Everyone around me is overpaid, fat and lazy. More likely to get sores on your ass from sitting than anything else.

Millennial that has done tons of manual labor here.

You can't really lump it all together. Low skilled things like construction labor and moving always suck.(done both) However things like carpentry, welding, hvac, and plumbing are all very rewarding and high paying fields. Contractors can make a ton of money if they have real skills.

Lots of the supposedly good manual labor positions are artificially inflated by unions and protectionist tactics that make them impossible to get into to without nepotism and connections. There are fucking longshoreman making well into the six figures that literally pass their jobs down to their children, for example.

Without the connections, you will wind up digging ditches and shoveling shit for a pittance.

Yes but carpentry is skilled labor.
Out here it pays closer to $40/h but no millennial I have ever met can hack it.

I don't. Why do you think that?

Where I'll move

not true, people are hiring like crazy. get the skills with a non-union company and join union when you know what you're doing and there's a demand, or don't.

City people who voted for Hillary don't need manual labor. Anything rural and suburban retards do for a living my phone can do for me already and if it can't within 5 years a programmer in Silicon valley who's way smarter than you will figure out a way to automate it. Sorry but we really don't need you anymore.

The end result of the "muh tradezz!" meme

You've never had a blue collar job, have you?

if u cant do it yourself , your gonna pay out the nose for someone to do it for u

Manual labor is, ironically, often instant gratification.
You dig the hole.
It is a good hole; you climb out.
It is a bad hole; others dig you out.
Simple.

I have family that did. Emphasis on past tense. Wound up at least making the widow and kid rich after calling in

Because they are brainwashed in school. Its used as a scare tactic by the Marxist teachers.

"You have to do well on your exams so you can go to uni and get a good job! Otherwise you will end up digging ditches for peanuts"

Its disgusting. This country was built by labourers. Every brick you see was placed there by a working class man.

>Muh siatica
>Muh vicodin
>Muh Dodge Ram
>I can't wait to retire

I used to do home remodeling, landscaping, and demo. Fuck that shit. I also pushed carts before as well, and even warehousing. I'm a millennial and did physical labor for many years and I got pissed with all these hipsters working cushy and FUN jobs where they don't have to go home smelling like ass, have sunburns, or ugly worker's tans, and they bitch about having to interact with people, burning their lips on their coffee, or the AC being too high. Shit, I envied fucking cashiers at clothing stores. It's MY turn to have the desk job. It's MY turn to be able to sip coffee while working. It's MY turn to be a bar tender and get a blowjob from a customer. And yet somehow I'm lumped in with these faggots who never lifted a bag of cement. I'll agree, fuck labor jobs, but at the same time, people who never did them have no right to bitch.

That's why there are these things

There are no jobs left that require that type of physical labor. Not even construction workers do any kind of lifting or pulling, its all done by machinery. Millenials would run away from anything having to do with operating machinery.

it's demeaning

>Ultra high iq city people
>Typing data on a keyboard

Wait ten years. I will enjoy when all these office jobs become automated.

> Millenial
> Loves manual labor
> Sailor

Guess it's an american thing?

Too expensive to rent, too much responsibility.

>Nah, man. We don't need that thing. We're fine with shovels. You can do it. C'mooon. It's not so hard. Get to work. This is a man's job. Are you a man? ;^))))

Protip: If someone offers you a job and says it's a "real man's" job to try to convince you, back out. It means the job sucks ass through a bendie straw and they need help or want someone to suffer with them.

dis

Are you fucking shitting me? There are loads of miserable, dangerous, unhealthy jobs around. Hang around at a redneck scrapyard that laughs at OSHA with daily mystery objects with fuck knows what for toxins inside, where you are engulfed in fire after draining a gas tank with a hammer and nail with only a hoody to save you from third degree burns (first hand account from a friend), for example.

>born in 94
>all the work I've done since I was 14 has been manual labor intensive
#notallmillenials

I don't want to work with idiots. I did enough of that as a waiter. Even if I'm around leftists academics at least I can hold a conversation with them.

Whats demeaning about it?
Nothing wrong with making an honest living.

Because it's legitimately brainless, poor-paying, boring, and then physically demanding on top of that kind of work. There's a reason people in the industry refer to it as "nigger work", because it's work meant for low IQ individuals like, well, niggers.

You want your big T-boost labor? Go to a fucking gym. Don't end up with a broken back by age 40 and just about any cancer you can imagine.

>There are no jobs left that require that type of physical labor.

Private contractors

They go to people's houses to do remodeling, landscaping, demolition, roofing, electrical, putting in a bathtub, painting, etc. Plenty of physical labor and trips to and from Home Depot hauling bags of cement, boulders for landscaping, and who knows what else.

Manual labor and skilled trades are not the same thing.

Welder and hydraulic mechanic for fishing and crab boats. I love it. Fuck being stuck in an office all day.

>10 years

Its happening RIGHT NOW my friend.

>Work labor job
>Motherfuckers play way too much ACDC

Please stop.

I enjoy manual labor. I dont mind being tired at the end of the day, it just means you worked hard. And as far as health goes, you need to take care of your body. Any physical activity, whether its working out, sport, or a job requires an understanding of how to take care of your body before and after.

people with a bachelors degree or higher usually dont tend to be coal mine workers

>wreck by the time you're 50.
My father works fixing hydraulic systems for heavy machinery and can confirm.

If you plan doing this find a plan B when you aproach 50.

No confidence in themselves, also shown by how many are leftists that think that they should be given free shit instead of earning it. They have no confidence in their abilities to succeed if they tried, they have no confidence to work out, and pertaining to this thread they have no confidence in using heavy equipment and power tools. Look at some of the responses, these losers actually think that manual labour jobs will kill the workers without looking at the statistics. You are more likely to die from a desk job, destroying your cardio system, than from an accident. I get it though, the first time using tools is scary for all kids but most who do grow out of it quick.

tfw maybe the effeminate soy boys would actually kill themselves though

This guy knows what's up. I'm a union HVAC tech making $38/hr. Best decision I made after spending years beating my head against the wall in various desk jobs.

if your dad wasn't a brainlet he'd be a shift manager by now

you've been THUNDERSTRUCK

A band that has just one song, good way to go nuts.

>unsatisfying
As opposed to sitting in a chair
>dangerous
Faggot
>doesn't pay enough
Kek, keep telling yourself that. You probably don't even want to know what people in oil or mining make. Good tradies aren't going hungry either.
>you will be a wreck by the time you're 50.
Mechanization and ergonomics have come a long way, that eternal chair is probably worse for you. Non-retards also start for themselves or move up to management far before 50.

Older people that started in their 20 get wrecked. Back then worksafety and machineries were lacking and people had a just do it mentality.

>why are all electricians bodies a wreck
>and plumbers
>and carpenters
>and roofers

there is no manual labour job that will ruin your body if you do it properly, your dad doesn't know how to safely do his job soy boy

>coal mine workers
Another good example. Those poor slobs still get fucking "black lung" in the year 2017. People have no idea that Industrial Revolution era shit like that is still around.

i work for a moving company. its hell. millenials are not wrong on this one.

finding a job in my small town is impossible and the city is too expensive so landing this job was a gift from god. hell, but at least I am independent

Literal cockroaches

who's the roach, unions or AC installers?

Manual Labor is often carried out with people who speak different languages

I don't trust people who speak different languages because they can unfairly bring down the value of eachother's work because of the self-interested competitive nature of work and labor in a free market.

>tfw baker
>lots of heavy lifting involved
>only make 10 bucks an hour
>meanwhile Joe Shitbag at the yard is making triple including benefits

Culinary was a fucking mistake, never do it kids. The work sucks, the workplaces generally always suck, the fucking hours sucks, the coworkers suck, everything about it blows

I made 3000 USD monthly working as a motorman apperentist 4 weeks on 4 weeks off (equaly paid). Currently doing machinist school and will be making 3 times that ammount. Come to Norway those of you who are willing to work hard. Manual labor is respected here

This. I do HVAC and Building controls and I well over 6 figures.

This for sure.

I have an office now, but when I was in college working at Home Depot, running around the aisles getting shit done was super accomplishing.

To all faggots ITT saying that it pays shit, i earn 84k a year in Norway working construction.
With 50 hours overtime a year.
The avg salary here is 42k.

Construction salaries here have shot up because faggots like you refuse to get their hands dirty. No wonder avg testosterone levels are plummeting. Enjoy your life drenching cubicle jobs.

status seeking

Because it pays minimum wage or close to it faggot.

It's full of Mexicans that play ranchero and keep asking probing questions about why whitey is in his mid 20's and doesn't have 5+ kids yet.
Lots of farting too, btw.

They really don't in modern first-world mines, those are old miners that get it later. Big money is poured into dust control (water vapour, seal coating on the walls, ventilation, respirators), on top of that miners are further from the coal than ever with the introduction of remote continuous miners and shuttles.

spend a day with painters faggot

Well in America it's different when you have a literal class of low paid laboring migrants.

it breaks your back. not saying that typing on a keyboard is any better.

jobs are demeaning period unless you're an architect or some shit

Norway sounds nice.

My only problem with manual labor is having to deal with the hypernorm coworkers.
Then again I hate dealing with white collar coworkers just as much if not more.

There needs to be more work from home jobs.

Shit wage, why I would work hard as fuck to barely get 60K when other make more sitting on a chair?

/thread

I wonder if these assholes that love to bitch about millennials even hang out with regular millennials irl, or if they just stay inside with their computer and are shitposting neets. I'm a millennial and I know lots of hard working millennials. We get way too much crap for shit that isn't even true. And yeah, the pay isn't bad. I have an IT job now and it pays less than my construction jobs.

simple.
the pay is not equal to the toil.
why should i go swing the hammer when some asshole who cheated his way through college gets to sit on his ass and collect ten times more than me?
it doesn't get more simple than that.

I would work construction in a heartbeat if I was assured to never work with arabs. That’s next to impossible though in Sydney.