Anime Weapons

What's your favorite anime weapon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIk
youtu.be/x6DFj6kjO0U
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaveMotionGun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not really sure why but every time I see it, I get a special feeling.

youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIk

Spears are the godamn shit. Especially when they have a built-in kamen rider scarf.

Ki. If you mean a real weapon, I'd go with Homura Akemi's watch thing.

of course the katana

IT'S A STUPID FUCKING WEAPON FROM A STUPID FUCKING ANIME AND EVERYONE OF YOU THAT ENJOYED PSYCHO PISS DESERVES TO HAVE A BAG OF BROKEN GLASS SHOVED DOWN YOUR THROATS.

With enough force you can turn a spear into a sword you know that right?

Also most animu spears are magic so you dont have to explain how they slice things to pieces when swing side to side.

>With enough force you can turn a spear into a sword you know that right?
I'm aware. In fact my favourite spears are the ones that are just swords on a stick.

I raise you this.

Psycho Pass was fun, even if it went a bit too far up its own arse near the end and didn't reach the full potential of its concept.

The Dominator was one of the best parts of the show though. Everything about it was intertwined with the plot and made sense in the universe (even the gore explosions), while being aesthetic as fuck.

but user, that's a magically enhanced stick. Of course it can penetrate steel.

Unbeknownst to many, it is only the edge of the katana that is actually hardened. The rest of the blade is relatively soft.

I enjoyed it

>he trusts his life to a weapon
>doesn't master the basis of all combat
what a fool

Masters of combat would know that hitting somebody in the back of their necks is not a good, clean way of taking somebody out of the action.

Who needs a knife in a nuke fight?

Why does it looks like a girl with a weird dress and bad body portion in thumbnail?

maybe she's aiming for the kill

Toss up between
Nippon steel
Fists
Determination/courage/friendship/heart/abstract concept or emotion.
Butts

OVERJUSTICE GUN MORPHING

so that's what those are for

>>he trusts his life to a weapon
>>doesn't master the basis of all combat
Not mutually exclusive at all.

I have a thing for dual wielding. Either glorious nippon steel katana, or handguns.

What of rapier/dagger (as nonexistent as it is in anime)?

I get uncomfortable looking at that handle. It feels it would be difficult to grip properly while swinging.

>dagger
Sure.
>rapier
Haven't seen anyone dual wielding this.

>dual wielding

somewhere in this thread, motobe is crying

If it counts as one.

These were pretty fucking solid.

>watching fantasy anime
>mage gets attacked by powerful swordsman
>hold him off using just her dagger
This is the reason I don't like daggers and would rather they just used a sword.

As in a rapier in your main hand with a dagger in your offhand for parrying.

might as well go with a shield.

your body

Mine

>I'm the best

The pilebunker shield, of course.

>the Dessert Eagle

Dominator is badass as fuck.

Psycho Pass was good flick. It was a manime oasis in the middle of dry SoL CGDCT desert.

True

I'm old school

Shield were large, unwieldy and had mostly went out of use centuries before rapiers were even a thing.
Bucklers on the other hand were quite popular and were, like polearms in general, the unsung heroes of weaponry that never get enough recognition.

I only see a flux capacitor

It rustles the shit out of my jimmies that 92fs long-slides dont actually exist.

Mach caliber is really cool and bro as fuck.
youtu.be/x6DFj6kjO0U

Strength isn't nearly as important with swords as people think. Swords are not for hacking. They are for cutting.

Right, but the reach of your weapon is one of the most important factors, and merely holding off an attacker wielding a sword with just a dagger would be nigh impossible.

The only acceptable response to this thread.

The advantage of the dagger over the buckler is that you can stab the guy with a dagger.
That's useful when you manage to bind the enemy's weapon with your main weapon, but also in a case that is far too overlooked in fiction:
When you have stabbed the enemy and then your weapon is stuck and the enemy isn't dead yet. Rapiers in particular are easy to sink into human bodies, so it wasn't rare that somebody would get impaled all the way to the guard. At that range your rapier is completely useless even if it isn't stuck in some French bastard. And that's where you finish the job with your dagger.

It's difficult, but there were treaties written on this precise premise. They recommend putting the dagger blade against your forearm in order to be able to parry blows with it while closing in.

The whole point (pun unintended but welcome) of dagger vs sword is NOT holding them off, is agressively entering close and personal. Basically, you aim to sidestep / dodge / evade an attack, then inmediately enter close enough that the extra range is actually a disadvantage. Of course the rival tries to prevent you from doing that.

girl-shaped weapons are the best.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaveMotionGun

/thread.

Still one of my favorites

just put your dagger on a stick

>Shield were large, unwieldy and had mostly went out of use centuries before rapiers were even a thing.
There were literally bulletproof shields that were used in the late middle ages.
I heard about gun-shields that were used in naval warfare. Basically extra-sturdy tower-shields with a rifle attached to them.

I dunno scythes are pretty cool I guess

And then they had the brilliant idea of putting several of those together, mounting them on a metal vagon propelled from the inside.

The guard always made me cringe. The only good aspects of it are the color scheme and the engraved cursive.

No, that happened later and for a completely unforeseen reason.

This. It's so stupid, I love it!

>Shield were large, unwieldy and had mostly went out of use centuries before rapiers were even a thing.
Except nothing of that is true. The rapier was born in the late XV century, and the shield was still in use for all that century (and even in the XVI - ask the Spanish Tercios about it). Also not ALL shields were large, and the only unwieldy shiwelds are the body shield ones that do NOT need to be "wielded". The most common kind of shield from the XIII century onwards (excluding specialized pavises and things like that) was actually quite light in weight

Beat me to it
Easily my most memorable anime weapon with the Psycho Pass guns being a close second

Other "Weapons" need not apply.

By the end of 15th century, shield were a rare sight, while rapiers really became a thing towards the rear end of the 16th century.
I'm not saying shields went out of use completely, pavises being the obvious example, being used as a stationary cover for archers.

This is a pointless discussion anyway because rapiers were never battlefield weapons, and even when shields were common they wouldn't have been carried in the daily context were a rapier would've been carried.

>late 15 century
>shields are rare

>rapier
>not a thing for all the XVI century

>pavises
>archers

Let's say that you don't know as much as you think you know

>even when shields were common they wouldn't have been carried in the daily context were a rapier would've been carried.

one word for you to google: swashbuckler

Did you actually read my previous post? >late 15 century
>shields are rare
If we're nitpicking, yes they were indeed used for much longer in Africa, Middle East and India.
>rapier
>not a thing for all the XVI century
Earlier swords resembling rapiers did exist earlier in the 16th century, although its development into what we would call a rapier today and it's popularity came towards the end of the 16th century.
>pavises
>archers
>implying
You're either memeing on the fact that the same word can be used for multiple, similar but different things like "Claymore" or you should read up on your medieval and renaissance arms and armor.

>Did you actually read my previous post?
I missed that thread, sorry.

Roy Mustang's gloves.

Accidentally deleted a 0 it seems. Point was that I did mention how popular bucklers were. So when I said shields, I excluded bucklers.

How does the top hole even work? Does the guy lower it from his head?

In the scene he lowered the hole around the guy's head then swung forward to pin the closer guy.

>posting gundams
niggers, you know that's not even close to fair.
At least post an weapon from said gundam.

In any case:
Cannons. They're the best.

the most powerful weapon, naturally

BIG FUCKING GUN BACKPACKS

The invisible gun.

Excalibur truly is the best.

Ah I see that makes sense, I thought it was just an animation error.

Why was it so fucking cool

What's wrong with the guard?

>niggers

Which means it would bend, instead of break.

the transformation sequence still gives me chills

There really isn't a difference though.

War rapiers were a thing, although they weren't as common as broadswords.

It's several times larger than it should be.
>complaining about an almost okay sword in anime

>weaboos in charge of knowing how combat works
Shields will forever be able to parry and deflect attacks than any sword/dagger would. The funny thing is that while retards think more weapons will give you "more attack" or more avenues of attacking someone, you can be far more aggressive in attacking if you had a shield since you have the insurance of being able to ward off attacks better. Bucklers were small and barely covered anything and full size shields were not even much heavier than them.

Shield in offhand > Buckler in offhand or Holding single weapon in both hands (debatable) > Retarded dual wielding