Evangelion

What was Sup Forums 's reaction to pic related?.

In retrospect it's really clever how they made the second movie a wanky mess of wish fulfilment and fanservice

It makes the third movie so much better.

>now he can read in his bed at night without need for external light sources

"Go back to sleep, Shinji..."

>"What is this sissy shit? When this was on network television 14 years ago it had Ape Satan eating the angel alive."

Reminds me of this.

Naruto was banned back then so there wasn't much of a reaction

my reaction was that you should end yourself for watching the rebuilds

>It makes the third movie so much better.
Better than what?

You mean this 0/10 piece of shit managed to elevate the third movie to a whooping 0/10?

Good one, here's some awesome Russian cosplay of Asuka for ya

Thanks
Have a great rebuild-free time

I liked it.
Liked all the rebuilds, actually.
Scene was neat.

You cannot change my mind.

No need to change your mind, just kill yourself for your abysmal taste.

>Russian cosplay

...so where's the nudes?

I think I'll recommend it to my normie friends instead.

hopefully they have less shit taste than you have.
If not, mass suicide is always an option.

Are the rebuilds that shit? Damn, i was planing to watch them this weekend

I'm sure I can fool them in thinking its a masterpiece before they see it. Knowing them, they'll be eager to show off later on. They'd eat shit if I told them the Queen of Great Britain had said it tasted like honeyed walnuts.

They are the ultimate insult to NGE/EoE
They shit on everything that made NGE so perfect
Don't you dare do that

I didn't get what you are wanted to say by this, but if want to say that Russian women are sluts - fuck you, m8

Nah, he's just being a debby downer. I think the rebuilds are an interesting re-telling of the story. Despite the voice actor for Rei being more emotive than I'd like, it's all good.

>take NGE
>remove everything interesting about it
>turn every character besides Shinji into a boring badly written mess
>slap flashy fights and fanservice on it
>call it rebuilds

Btw, who did read manga?
It's pretty awesome and ending way less gay and clear
Also, Gendo is fucking awesome in it

>unironically hating the rebuilds

what, is this 2011? the rebuilds are basically evangelion without the pseudo symbolism.

you know, those christian symbols and stuff that stretch throughout the whole story, which anno admitted to using just because the stuff sounded cool/interesting,

are you fuckers retarded? it's literally evangelion with 10% of its autism.

>Don't you dare do that
Man, you're actually making this hard for me not to.
Don't worry, it was all a lark.

And i even made some memes using screenshots of it

But it's autism is the fun part, at least for me

No.

I was reading it but then I dropped it during that Kaworu Shinji make out scene

It's literally Evangelion with only one somewhat well written character instead of a great cast full of relatable characters that felt real.

The rebuilds took every ounce of substance out of the series and threw it into the trash, trading it for cheap fan service.

And no I don't mean the symbolism. If you think the symbolism is what made NGE good, you are clearly too mentally handicapped to understand it even though it lays out everything in front of you and explains it over and over again.

Says a lot about you gaylords when using spiral power to end the world while saving the girl isn't edgy enough, you want the literal slideshow mental breakdown of Anno shat on screen back.

>are you fuckers retarded? it's literally evangelion with 10% of its autism.
I would certainly said that about a manga, but not about rebuilds
They are NGE without any visual srotytelling with a mix of shitload of fanservice and retardation of every character

>gaylords
You have to go back to whatever place you came from

what made NGE good then?

the symbolism was the only thing novel about it, and that's because anno is too stupid to understand the things he himself implies with the symbols he uses. in a way, eva is unintentionally novel in that aspect.

now, if you'll reply with something like "i-it's a deconstruction of the mecha genre!!", just neck yourself. NGE is literally lord of the flies but worse.

You're not worth being called a faggot.

The characters, you numbnut.

>great cast full of relatable characters that felt real

>great cast full of relatable characters that felt real
>relatable

please consult a suicide prevention hotline

As an example, Rebuild introduces Asuka and Eva-02 by dropping them from the upper atmosphere on a jetpack to flying kick a stake through an Angel, and finds a way to make that not cool.

rei felt so real guys omg

The beautiful thing about NGE is that all of the main children find salvation in some form in the end.

Well, they didn't make out
Faggot just jumped at Shinji and tried to kiss him, and Shinji in his turn did reacted adequately
I liked this way more then what happened in NGE, Shinji didn't seemed gay at least

>finds a way to make that not cool
It is cool, butthurt autists just refuse to acknowledge that across the board.

>Shinji didn't seemed gay at least

Yes, if you're 12
Go watch Naruto or something

>thinks that getting called a faggot is a good thing
Seriously, go back

Why?
In both the Anime and Manga Shinji says he loves Kaworu. It can't be no homo-ed no matter what way you look at it.
Doesn't help that Anno and Sadamoto keep saying they're both faggots for each other.

Well, if you would count being dead as a salvation for Rei...

Someone's trying real hard to fit in, I see.

She didn't die though.

Wow great argument fagtron, you sure convinced me with those hot opinions.

Gendo with superpowers was the stupidest thing I've ever read.

No he didn't
In manga he wasn't even too upset about smashing him, it wasn't like existentional crisis in NGE with a EOE

Bruh.

I think that she did
Nobody knows this for sure though, so whatever

But you did get your sebisu, did you?

>responds with NO U
Lame

I can't cure your shit taste anyway, why should I try.

Time became meaningless for her new form, as shown by the first episode and EoE.
She didn't stop existing either or she wouldn't look like Rei at all. So yes, we know for sure that she didn't die.

That part was dumb. But it provided for the neat part with Gendo directly appealing to Shinji as something like himself and Shinji being receptive.

>She didn't stop existing either
As I understood it she fell apart after doing her job of transcending time and space to collect all souls.

Well, that means that translator of your version is yoi-fanfictionwriting-littlegirl, i'm sorry
My manga is not gay

Yeah, when I read it I got the feeling that Shinji thought Kaworu was a fucking autistic weirdo but that he didn't deserve to die.

you can't truly die if time doesn't matter to you.
Also Rei visited Shinji on the beach after Instrumentality had ended.

Fan translation.

I really liked that allowed us to see Gendo in action for once and to take more importance in an ending

>you can't truly die if time doesn't matter to you.
Of course you can, the ability to transcend time as we perceive it doesn't mean you can't stop existing.
>Also Rei visited Shinji on the beach after Instrumentality had ended.
That's an image projected into the future, similar to the one in episode 1. As you said, time doesn't mean anything to her, so she might already be dead (for the lack of a better word) by the time we see her in that scene.

Reminder that Shinji is straight

It would be helpful in NGE

Every single page of the manga ITT literally triggers me.
Especially this one right here is a complete failure regarding NGEs theme/message.

I guess you can interpret it that way.

This.

Sup

Yeah. He's a cute girl. Girls love boys. Shinji loves Kaworu

But that page makes perfect sense.

Manga's the version where he exposits how and why he's using the threat of Impact to force Shinji, Shinji did it because it was exactly what Karl wanted and was holding three billion hostages over. Shinji was lamenting that a narcissistic sociopath was still able to affect him while he made a conscious effort to isolate himself.

Yes, within the manga maybe, but not within NGEs theme.
It completely ignores the Hedgehog's dilemma which all characters are build around. It's not cohesive.

Sup Forums loved it for the most part. Lots of shitposting about Gurren Lagann too.

The manga makes me sad because of Rei suffering.

Just confirms how many here have abysmal taste.

I hope you're implying that 2.22 is good, because it is. The only rebuild that deserves to be shit on is 3.33, and the only people that defend it are contrarians.

She becomes way more humane in a manga, and therefore suffers more
When second body of Rei died in NGE i almost wasn't impacted by it, but in a manga...

>take NGE
>get rid of all the pseudo intellectual bs that people whine about
>they whine anyway

They're fine on their own, well animated action flicks. But compared to the originals they fall really flat, with the characters being shallower and all the symbolism killed.

Still recommend giving them a watch though since it's a good insight into how well crafted the original is.

I personally liked 1.11, that was enjoyable to watch at least
2.22 is pretty retarded in a characters department and third one shouldn't even fucking exist
And yeah, fuck Mary or whatever was her name, person who decided to put her in should kill himself

2.22 wasn't good. It was dumb. But it was a masterpiece compared to 3.33

1.11's just a remake of episodes 1-6 so can't really complain. 2.22 is a shitty power rangers movie with dumb shipping faggotry in place of decent characters. 3.33 is more interesting but doesn't make a lot of sense, it's an hour and a half of anno screaming "get a life!"

Yeah I got hit hard when she died in the manga.

3.33 is utter garbage and shouldn't exist, while 2.22 is just pointless garbage with terrible character development that shouldn't exist either.

>get rid of all the pseudo intellectual bs that people whine about
It got rid of every bit of substance as well.

They aren't supposed to be like the original, they're a remake.
>symbolism
It's just 2deep4u bullshit that Anno threw in to make things confusing. And the characters in rebuild are fine, discounting 3.33.

another fine example why the manga is terrible

?

The characters barely have a fraction of the depth they had in the original. The girls got reduced to fanservice fapbait without an ounce of subtlety

There's nothing wrong with using sex to sell, especially considering how much the Rei and Asuka were already reduced to that by the fanbase with NGE. Unless you want the movies to be boring slogfests there's no way to fit all the more in depth character quirks in. 2.22 actually had a lot of development for the characters, it was just positive development, so some fans hate it because they're obsessed with suffering, and want everything to be like the original television show.

> Aren't supposed to be the original
Then what's the point in remaking it besides to make a shit ton of cash off normies?

> 2deep4u
The title was thrown in because it sounded good, but all the symbolism and religious imagery to tie into much of what the story is about. It really was too deep for you evidently.

> Characters
Asuka: Damaged, mentally unstable nutjob becomes your typical tsundere.
Misato: No daddy issues, no parallels drawn between her and shinji.
Shinji: depressed little pussy, very clearly needs a psychiatrist becomes typical shonen action hero

That's just to name a few, new girl in particular is so damn boring as a character.

She explodes into snow to restore the Earth and somehow she still has another ambiguous ending.

All the christian imagery was literally to just because it looked cool and foreign to the Japanese viewers, no other reason.
>Then what's the point in remaking it besides to make a shit ton of cash off normies?
To show a different "route" in the same universe, the only way for them to have no point would be if they were just carbon copies of the original show. That would be pointless.

I just watched this for the first time. All of it. I'd put it off for ages since I'm not big on robot/kaiju stuff.

What the fuck is the point of it all? What was the point of EoE? Where are the Rebuilds going? Does anyone even know or have a semblance of an idea? Is there even any sense to be made of it all? Is it just an intentionally confusing story for the hell of it because fuck you viewer?

The animation and designs are pretty damn cool but I don't see how anyone can enjoy this story or take it seriously in any way from the point when it goes off the rails with Shinji's mindfuck in the original series. It just looses all sense and starts shoving in a shitload of "meanings" that don't really mean anything at all.

>I'm too stupid and feeble-minded to grasp non-basic storytelling like my shonens and moes do, better call it shit on Sup Forums
Fuck off.